• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I have to go with Gentle as well. Gentle vs Deku is the best fight of the series.

I wish I could also vote for ReDestro though. He's had a strong debut and has already surpassed Stain and Overhaul on my list.

Edit: My ranking is Gentle>ReDestro>Stain>Overhaul

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So tried to show my sis My Hero and she saw the Nomus and was creeped out. Think that's a pass from her
And I hope Dab gets higher

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I went with ReDestro because I already had a feeling Gentle was going to dominate this poll, I like Gentle more as a character though I see ReDestro as a better Villain since I don't really see Gentle as a Villain

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
These poll results are simply superb.
DUDE. You haven't posted here in forever. What's up?
I went with ReDestro because I already had a feeling Gentle was going to dominate this poll, I like Gentle more as a character though I see ReDestro as a better Villain since I don't really see Gentle as a Villain
That's fair. I was considering using "antagonist" in the poll instead of "villain" cause of that, but I realized that Gentle is, by definition of the MHA world, a villain.

I hope he won't stay a villain though. Hmm.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if Giga will pull a "the only one who can kill him is me" then team up with Shigaraki to fight Re-destro. The way the doctor says his master's apprentice is out there giving it his all while Giga was asleep leads me to think Re-destro will get bodied out of principal. As in the only person who can judge Shiggy is All For One's closest man.

I also like the idea you all where throwing around that Shiggy will change his goal to destroying quirks altogether. It's so tied to how someone developes in this world that actively going for a quirkless society would be a detriment to almost everyone. Like ripping away the individuality of a person, but Shiggy's quirk certainly did him no good. And even if AFO was messing with him that would only make Shigaraki double down. The issue is getting his followers to agree to it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Shigaraki desiring a quirkless world would be a really good development, and I love the contrast it will result in when he finally answers Re-Destro's question. The latter wants a world where everyone is free to use their "superpowers" while the former wants to get rid of said powers and return to a normal society. It's also something that will really shake up society while being a worthwhile goal to pursue, unlike simple destruction.
The issue is getting his followers to agree to it.
Yup, this is what I'm most curious about. I expect Spinner will be totally on board, but others like Toga might not be. Then again, she can still kill and consume blood without her quirk. Dabi might be on board if his motivations are what we think they are. Quirks are why Endeavor was such a shitty person, so in a way Toya can blame things on quirks and getting rid of them altogether sounds like something he'd go along with. Plus, you know, his own quirk is killing him.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yup, this is what I'm most curious about. I expect Spinner will be totally on board, but others like Toga might not be. Then again, she can still kill and consume blood without her quirk. Dabi might be on board if his motivations are what we think they are. Quirks are why Endeavor was such a shitty person, so in a way Toya can blame things on quirks and getting rid of them altogether sounds like something he'd go along with. Plus, you know, his own quirk is killing him.
I agree that Toga is potentially the biggest one to think about when it comes to removing quirks. But then we see that Shigaraki has no issues with protecting the things his allies care about so maybe only the ones who join will get to keep their quirks.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Has it ever been stated whether or not Shiggy has to worry about hurting himself with his quirk?

Cause if so, fuck man.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Finally caught up with the anime. That new guy, Mirio, since he's the closest to being the number one hero, why didn't he help fight the villains before? Is he supposed to be stronger than Endeavor?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Finally caught up with the anime. That new guy, Mirio, since he's the closest to being the number one hero, why didn't he help fight the villains before? Is he supposed to be stronger than Endeavor?
Like at Kimino? They wouldn't want to send in more students when UA's treatment of the students was in question then.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been pushing the anime on my friend for months now. She kept blowing it off. Sends me a picture of herself watching it tonight and then I pretend to not recognize it and I think it made her stop.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Tenko Shimura Origin

There was a rule in Tenko's home that you weren't allowed to talk about heroes. Tenko was playing pretend like he was a hero and his father made him go outside.

One day, Hana showed Tenko a photo and told him she supported him, let's be a sibling hero duo! she said, but then their father found out they were in the study. Hana goes behind their father and cries saying that Tenko wanted to see the picture, and everyone just watches as Tenko is beaten by his father.

Throw outside, Tenko cries while holding his dog. The dog reacts.

Tenko: "I hate everyone..."

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It looks SO good, the cheeky Miruko cameo and Tokoyami being up front and center made me smile.
Oh no, I was talking about the cover to the weekly Shonen Jump issue. Though the color spread for MHA looks really good too! Love the little cameos like Miruko and Endeavor. And yeah, really cool seeing Tokoyami there.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hori don't do that. Will quit the manga if
that happens cause I hate that shit that most anime/manga do to them...

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Chapter cover looked great and loved the cameos, especially of Nejire. Glad Hori hasn't forgotten her entirely
And for the backstory....dark but it makes sense the father would be like

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This makes Shigaraki's gun analogy make more sense, it's like he is a child that was was given a gun in the wrong moment and he then did something he could never take back

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Ah shit, the father was actually Nana's kid? Did not expect that. He hated heroes because of his Mother's Death, didn't want to lose his children to that side of the world, and he lost control which lead to Shigi becoming a villain. Huh, that is as safe as you can get, so I assume the AfO corruption comes later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.