• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
When this arc gets animated there better be a villain version of you say run, it should be called you better run

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
When this arc gets animated there better be a villain version of you say run, it should be called you better run

giphy.gif

I wonder if actually if there'll be a new version during the overhaul arc, maybe call it I won't run and use it either for Kirishima or Mirio perhaps.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Well i guess since the chapter won't come I'll just settle for finally seeing Spiderman. Fingers crossed it'll be out when it's over.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Not much. I was just around because I made a thread and thought I'd check in here.
(I thought I had posted here recently but I guess not lol)
Oh, maybe I just didn't see you post...

Anyways! Thoughts on the current arc? Would love to hear your thoughts on the series again, man. It's been too long.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
bunkitz Lotus
I saw FFH

WHAT THE F-
Bunkitz I told you that Mysterio was totally the villain and not father figure
Cause since I stopped reading it, my mind seemed to have blocked out all the fan service from the series. I totally forgot about it until I talked to a friend about Fire Force. *sighs*

I'm really hoping the anime reduces them or if possible, outright skips them.
Fire Force started strong but tbh I feel like it went off a cliff pretty fast.

At the beginning it looked like it was gonna be an almost World Trigger esque "here is what everybody can do and we're going to follow these rules scrupulously to make interesting fights" and then it turned into basically any random Shonen complete with a harem and gratuitous fanservice for no particular reason.
Why did you stop Bun

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
bunkitz Lotus
I saw FFH

WHAT THE F-
Bunkitz I told you that Mysterio was totally the villain and not father figure
I KNOW, RIGHT???

Yeah, you were right. Thank god. Speaking of Mysterio, I really liked how Jake's performance was kind of muted prior to the twist reveal. Then he goes full ham and he's just fucking brilliant.
Why did you stop Bun
Honestly? I can't remember. I think I just forgot to read it and didn't bother to catch up. Funny enough, same thing seemed to happen with Soul Eater, but that one I was close to finishing. Gonna have to reread everything one day...

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I KNOW, RIGHT???

Yeah, you were right. Thank god. Speaking of Mysterio, I really liked how Jake's performance was kind of muted prior to the twist reveal. Then he goes full ham and he's just fucking brilliant.
Jake Gyllenhaal is great in the movie though it's not surprising he's a phenomenal actor

Watch Nightcrawler he's brilliant in that movie

He was a bit flat in the first half but it's obvious why he's playing a cookie cutter hero to trick everyone and he gets to have fun in the second half where he's an evil director with drones and its amazing

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Jake Gyllenhaal is great in the movie though it's not surprising he's a phenomenal actor

Watch Nightcrawler he's brilliant in that movie

He was a bit flat in the first half but it's obvious why he's playing a cookie cutter hero to trick everyone and he gets to have fun in the second half where he's an evil director with drones and its amazing
Yeah, I should definitely check out Nightcrawler and his other works someday.

From what little I've seen of Nightcrawler, and as confirmed by a friend of mine, his performance as Mysterio in the second half was somewhat reminiscent of his performance in Nightcrawler. He does madmen really well, huh?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I should definitely check out Nightcrawler and his other works someday.

From what little I've seen of Nightcrawler, and as confirmed by a friend of mine, his performance as Mysterio in the second half was somewhat reminiscent of his performance in Nightcrawler. He does madmen really well, huh?

And yeah his performance does remind me a lot of Nightcrawler at times

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Saw FFH two days ago and loved it. One of my favorites in the MCU.

Oh, maybe I just didn't see you post...

Anyways! Thoughts on the current arc? Would love to hear your thoughts on the series again, man. It's been too long.
I've been enjoying it quite a lot. I've been wanting to see Gigantomachia for a while so learning that the League was training by fighting him was cool, as was finally seeing that doctor again. The battle against the Liberation people has been very enjoyable as well. I loved learning more about Toga's past and seeing her evolve her quirk like she did (making that fighting game seem less dumb in the process) and absolutely loved seeing Twice getting over his fears and being shown just how powerful he can actually be while still keeping him as a funny character, with all the clones just adding a new dynamic to his comedy. The Shigaraki stuff has been cool as well.

I also like the Liberation Army itself. Cool personalities and interesting powers. And the art has been stellar, especially with the Toga stuff, which has been my highlight of the arc.

How do you feel about it? And I guess I'd like to know if it's generally being received well or not.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Recent issues are some great stuff... and oh man I forgot all the official viz ap releases are tomorrow this week.

Say they just put Tokyo Ghoul as part of the SJ sub, is that worth a read? Also far from home was great

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It up.

And yeah his performance does remind me a lot of Nightcrawler at times

Damn, that was wild.
I've been enjoying it quite a lot. I've been wanting to see Gigantomachia for a while so learning that the League was training by fighting him was cool, as was finally seeing that doctor again. The battle against the Liberation people has been very enjoyable as well. I loved learning more about Toga's past and seeing her evolve her quirk like she did (making that fighting game seem less dumb in the process) and absolutely loved seeing Twice getting over his fears and being shown just how powerful he can actually be while still keeping him as a funny character, with all the clones just adding a new dynamic to his comedy. The Shigaraki stuff has been cool as well.

I also like the Liberation Army itself. Cool personalities and interesting powers. And the art has been stellar, especially with the Toga stuff, which has been my highlight of the arc.

How do you feel about it? And I guess I'd like to know if it's generally being received well or not.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! So far we've had two arcs that didn't focus on Deku and co. and I've really enjoyed them both a lot. I feel the same way about Toga and Twice, it was really exciting seeing them "power up" like that, especially Twice. Sad Man's Parade is definitely one of the highlights of the arc for me. I was worried they''d just suddenly drop the problem of Twice's doubles fighting over who's the original, so I was relieved to see it briefly brought up when they were confronting Re-Destro.

I believe the common opinion on the MLA is... disappointment? Aside from Re-Destro (and Geten for me) the other members haven't been that interesting. Personally, I'm okay with them, though I do wish Curious stayed around a bit longer. I'm looking forward to seeing Twice vs. err, I keep forgetting his name. Skeptic! Yeah, it's cool that they both essentially make clones but there's a big contrast in that the former's clones are alive and have their own sense of self while the latter's are lifeless.

Disappointment on the MLA members aside, most of us here have been enjoying it! It's annoying that Dabi's story just keeps getting teased though, lol.

The Shigaraki stuff has been great, and his power up's pretty fucking cool. I like that we're seeing the results of his "training" with Gigantomachia like this. Speaking of which, I'm really curious how things are gonna turn out now that the big guy's at the edge of the town.
Say they just put Tokyo Ghoul as part of the SJ sub, is that worth a read? Also far from home was great
It's pretty good, though a major problem I have with it is the way they use speech bubbles. It's really bad and identifying who's talking can be difficult at times. At least with the version I read. Maybe VIZ touched things up and improved them.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why we suddenly got a full fledged flashback here. This is the Kirishima fight all over again lol

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God he is also allergic to dogs right? He only had in his house and what else is always in the house with them? The dog. Or maybe I misread the whole thing.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If AFO really doesn't have anything to do with Shigaraki's families death then in a way Nana had a bigger hand ruining her family's lives

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Naw, Dabi's is plot relevant, I'm fine pushing that off. Besides, he's a shit.

Didn't stop Shiggy or Toga :P

Compress deserves getting his first.

It's not even about who deserves it first (Though it'd still be Dabi), just that unlike Compress, Dabi is currently engaged in a relevant fight. Not even sure what Compress has even done in this arc.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Horikoshi pushes the Dabi backstory back yet again. I'm used to it by now.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't stop Shiggy or Toga :P

It's not even about who deserves it first (Though it'd still be Dabi), just that unlike Compress, Dabi is currently engaged in a relevant fight. Not even sure what Compress has even done in this arc.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Horikoshi pushes the Dabi backstory back yet again. I'm used to it by now.
Nah, Shiggy is closer, but neither of them is as much of an edgelord little shit as Dabi. I'm okay with his personal stuff taking a back seat until it's necessary.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but so does Dabi, plus he's going around killing people at random, plus he's got that whole "I'm the only cool one in the party so you guys can all screw off" teenage OC thing going on.

Dabi said he has the same goal as Shiggy? When?

As for the other stuff, all I'm saying is that it doesn't get any edgier than wanting to destroy everything just for the sake of it. Where everything that breathes pisses him off apparently. That just inherently outranks Dabi's design and demeanor for me personally.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Dabi said he has the same goal as Shiggy? When?

As for the other stuff, all I'm saying is that it doesn't get any edgier than wanting to destroy everything just for the sake of it. Where everything that breathes pisses him off apparently. That just inherently outranks Dabi's design and demeanor for me personally.
I just sorta took it as a given, seeing how he kills like 95% of the people we see him meeting.

And I dunno, demeanor counts for a lot. Destroying the world isn't an uncommon motivation for villains, and the actual characters range from incredibly edgy to light and cheesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.