• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I disagree, Deku was the only one that showed that Stain was wrong so he still had reasons to fight for his convictions
You disagree that Stain got his convictions proven wrong...but then say Deku proved his convictions wrong. Right.

All I'm saying is Destro's reaction was disappointing. Like I said, he lost points in my eyes.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You disagree that Stain got his convictions proven wrong...but then say Deku proved his convictions wrong. Right.
Because Stain saw Deku was an exception, just like All Might
Meanwhile Iida's actions reinforced to Stain that his convictions were right, that is why he stood tall.
Stain didn't try to kill deku, just Iida

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Meanwhile Iida's actions reinforced to Stain that his convictions were right, that is why he stood tall.
But he was also completely batshit insane to believe his wild shit to be something admirable. Its why his beliefs got twisted into whatever anyone of the villians wanted because while he had strong convictions they were just wide and broad enough to be wildly unrealistic and malleable enough to be warped into whatever anyone wanted.

ReDestro was raised to fight for a cult like freedom and he is not feeling some relief that he has achieved something. Someone not in his group in full and utter liberation from society and everything. Its the Zenith of thier Ideal and its looking him in the face. He didn't lose conviction, what he is doing is seeing an apex of his groups ideal right in front of him and is giving him some relief/happiness because all his struggle wasn't for nothing if he could witness someone not from his cult embody their Ideal to this extent.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Iida realized what he was doing during that fight and changed course. He proved Stain's ideals wrong too, Stain just stuck by them. Once again,
All I'm saying is Destro's reaction was disappointing. Like I said, he lost points in my eyes.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Iida realized what he was doing during that fight and changed course. He proved Stain's ideals wrong too, Stain just stuck by them. Once again,

Thats stupid to me. Redestro just see's his ideal in front of him and you expect him to stay hard. He didn't lose conviction, he just recognized shigiraki after his memory came back has begun to embody the ideal he strove for so hard,The complete and Utter liberation. It wasn't someone from the cult that is liberated it was someone who had no affiliation to them outside of this fight but he came achieved their ideal, which to Redestro means all his work and upbringing was right and he is losing power because he is feeling happiness/relief that all his work wasn't for nothing.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Thats stupid to me. Redestro just see's his ideal in front of him and you expect him to stay hard. He didn't lose conviction, he just recognized shigiraki after his memory came back has begun to embody the ideal he strove for so hard,The complete and Utter liberation. It wasn't someone from the cult that is liberated it was someone who had no affiliation to them outside of this fight but he came achieved their ideal, which to Redestro means all his work and upbringing was right and he is losing power because he is feeling happiness/relief that all his work wasn't for nothing.
Dude, the fight isn't even over. Hold off on the rambling. We don't know what Destro is feeling right now, all we have is theories.

I'm not the voice of god man. Y'all dont have to keep quoting me like my opinion is the only right one. I don't know either, just sharing my perspective on Destro. This is starting to get annoying. It's ok to have different opinions

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
ReDestro getting shown to not be as real as he thought he was is kind of fitting - he's literally calling himself ReDestro. Dude is an echo, a facsimile.
Dude, the fight isn't even over. Hold off on the rambling. We don't know what Destro is feeling right now, all we have is theories.

I'm not the voice of god man. Y'all dont have to keep quoting me like my opinion is the only right one. I don't know either, just sharing my perspective on Destro. This is starting to get annoying. It's ok to have different opinions
Correct. It's okay to disagree, y'all!

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

I mean dude did you not read the chapter? Redestro was going on and on about what he was feeling during the fight and his revaltation at the end didn't look like he was giving up to me at all. it looked like satisfaction.

I'm okay with you having different perspectives and all but that doesn't mean someone aint gonna try and check you if you make that known.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean dude did you not read the chapter? Redestro was going on and on about what he was feeling during the fight and his revaltation at the end didn't look like he was giving up to me at all. it looked like satisfaction.

I'm okay with you having different perspectives and all but that doesn't mean someone aint gonna try and check you if you make that known.
Do you not know how opinions work? What you saw as him "not giving up" others saw as relief or fear. That doesn't give you carte Blanche to act like an asshole because someone holds a different opinion. I'm not over here calling your opinion stupid or questioning if you read the chapter. I'm trying to discuss this civilly with you. Or was.

Check me? Check me for having a different view than you? Fuck off. You're so far up your own asshole you can't see which way is up

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Do you not know how opinions work? What you saw as him "not giving up" others saw as relief or fear. That doesn't give you carte Blanche to act like an asshole because someone holds a different opinion. I'm not over here calling your opinion stupid or questioning if you read the chapter. I'm trying to discuss this civilly with you. Or was.

Check me? Check me for having a different view than you? Fuck off. You're so far up your own asshole you can't see which way is up
Alright, lemme be more clear.

Cut the hostility.

That goes for you too NSESN

It's okay to disagree with each other.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

?? You getting real mad for no reason. It got stated in the chapter that fear gives him more power so that rules that out. I opinions don't exist in a vacuum dude and I aint here to lecture you so if you gonna feel some type of way about this than aint no reason for me to talk to you at all.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I get what Tace is saying, I just disagree with some bits, I didn't answer the last time he quoted me because there was nothing more to discuss

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Honestly I didn't even think there was any hostility in our conversation. If you thought I was being hostile, sorry, that wasnt my intention.
No worries, man. No apology necessary. We've had some spats before but it's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. That's not what ticked me off. Regardless, I don't want to drag this out. Let's move on.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
So to change the subject
When do we get new anime info?
Good question. Any anime expos or events coming up where new footage could be revealed?

Also, it surprises me there aren't more MHA games in development. It should be having it's spring time of youth right now, but we're stuck with 5/10 games like One's Justice

I don't expect a 10/10 game. But is a solid 7/10 MHA game too much to ask for? I need it

Oct 25, 2017
The key to a good licensed game is time & money. Like with Spider-Man 2018.
Bamco has neither, or rather they choose to provide neither. Rushing out a quick cashgrab to capitalize on a series at its peak.
Made worse when English versions don't have English voices because they're too damn cheap to hire Funimation actors.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Damn this is awesome. I love that Compress only has one arm present here since he's missing his other hand, and in its place is a Twice double's arm:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017

Shonen Jump...

giphy.gif

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The key to a good licensed game is time & money. Like with Spider-Man 2018.
Bamco has neither, or rather they choose to provide neither. Rushing out a quick cashgrab to capitalize on a series at its peak.
Made worse when English versions don't have English voices because they're too damn cheap to hire Funimation actors.
A good fighting game can still be made fast and cheap, the problem is we are always getting ether another 3D arena brawler or another masou game

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Damn this is awesome. I love that Compress only has one arm present here since he's missing his other hand, and in its place is a Twice double's arm:

Holy cow. That's downright beautiful

giphy.gif

A good fighting game can still be made fast and cheap, the problem is we are always getting ether another 3D arena brawler or another masou game
Picture it. A VS style fighting game, similar to that Power Rangers fighter that came out a few months back. Would be glorious

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I wonder if they even know in japan that Mineta is hated in the west.
I don't know. It's either they don't know or don't give a f, lol. They've been sexualizing teens for decades now. I still remember many moons ago seeing Bulma's titties in a dragon ball chapter. This was way before Raditz too so she was definitely underage. To this day I can't believe they got away with it. But hey, Japan.
Man, with just a few tweaks, Bakugo's costume would looks so cool.

It actually looks decent here.
Hori's costume designs are all over the place(Momo 😞) Bakugo is one of the better ones, but yeah, it still needs work. Making his big ass grenade gauntlets 75% smaller and changing their color to orange/black would help a lot I think

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay so I am officially caught all the way up.

Holy shit. I don't even know where to start lol these last few chapters in particular are absolutely wild.

Last edited:

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I went from the end of the Joint Training arc all the way to now where Shigaraki destroyed his hands and basically laughed at Re-Destro's 150% mode.

That means I am caught up right?
Yep.
Reading those flashbacks chapters in one go must have been crazy, as you said.

I realized something about Re-Destro. Since he's been preparing for revolution his entire life, he probably expected that he would someday have to face All Might, All For One, or even one after the other. That's a very stressful idea indeed.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yep.
Reading those flashbacks chapters in one go must have been crazy, as you said.
Yeah they were. I was on my way to feeling sorry for Shigaraki. The abusive father who hates his mother for giving him up even though she loved him. His doting mom who did her best to protect him from his dad. The mischievous sister who dragged him into her stuff. It was all so well done and it was so.....sad. And I thought maybe his family was gonna get caught up in the aftermath of All for One's plans. Like maybe their house gets blown up or something and only Shigaraki survived and All For One took pity on him.

But nope. Shigaraki went full psycho mode and killed them all with his bare hands. And then was alone and terrified when he was found by All for One. And then as if all that wasn't fucked up enough the Doctor gives him his dead families hands to wear all over his body....because reasons?

I needed a damn drink after the flashbacks were finally done lol

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they were. I was on my way to feeling sorry for Shigaraki. The abusive father who hates his mother for giving him up even though she loved him. His doting mom who did her best to protect him from his dad. The mischievous sister who dragged him into her stuff. It was all so well done and it was so.....sad. And I thought maybe his family was gonna get caught up in the aftermath of All for One's plans. Like maybe their house gets blown up or something and only Shigaraki survived and All For One took pity on him.

But nope. Shigaraki went full psycho mode and killed them all with his bare hands. And then was alone and terrified when he was found by All for One. And then as if all that wasn't fucked up enough the Doctor gives him his dead families hands to wear all over his body....because reasons?

I needed a damn drink after the flashbacks were finally done lol
Something about the hands still seems kinda fucky to me. The ones that're supposed to be his sister's look too big, and they "tossed in an extra" from the bullies? Plus, what're the odds that all of this hands even made it through the rest of the body getting chunked?

I still say AfO was more involved than we've seen.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People in here surprised that a Shounen Jump manga does...Shounen stuff. It's for horny teenage bois.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Something about the hands still seems kinda fucky to me. The ones that're supposed to be his sister's look too big, and they "tossed in an extra" from the bullies? Plus, what're the odds that all of this hands even made it through the rest of the body getting chunked?

I still say AfO was more involved than we've seen.
I wouldn't be surprised. I need to read it all again to cement it into my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.