• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So why is there #minetaHate in the fandom
Because Mineta is not the same thing as casual fan service. Dude is a walking talking sexual harassment lawsuit. Mineta is the very worst of the "Pervy dude" stereotype.

And on top of that he does not have a single redeeming quality. He is just a perverted sack of crap. That's the entirety of his character and it adds literally nothing to the story beyond a cheap laugh or two. You could take Mineta and his antics out of the show and replace him with literally anyone and the show would not be any different. That's how useless Mineta is.

So the hate for him is entirely justified in my opinion.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So why is there #minetaHate in the fandom
Because Mineta adds nothing else besides perv jokes, he is just perv jokes the character, other characters like Sanji, Denji, Brock, and Jiraiya have other stuff about their character to balance it out, and most of the time those characters are looking for a relationship, as opposed to Mineta jokes most of the time being seeing or touching girls

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Because Mineta adds nothing else besides perv jokes, he is just perv jokes the character, other characters like Sanji, Denji, Brock, and Jiraiya have other stuff about their character to balance it out, and most of the time those characters are looking for a relationship, as opposed to Mineta jokes most of the time being seeing or touching girls
And smelling don't forget smelling. Remember when he tried smelling Hagakure's laundry?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
And smelling don't forget smelling. Remember when he tried smelling Hagakure's laundry?
Yeah that too, really if he was just presented as the pervy desperate kid who wants a girlfriend then fine but the problem is he's never been presented that way, the Mineta joke always goes two ways, he's ether he's being a creep or he's being inappropriate, from that you get the feeling that he mainly just sees all the girls as sexual objects, I don't think there's been a scene where he's treated them as regular human beings

But in the end I think we're supposed to hate Mineta, in the beginning Horikoshi would give him hero moments but now he gets significantly less screen time and when he does it's usually him being a extreme creep followed by him getting he deserved, even in the class he seems to be written as the obnoxious member who gets hit after saying something wrong, this whole Mineta being written worse thing happened around the time where is a dropped heavily in the popularity poll and when West hatred for him became more visible, I believe Horikoshi saw this and instead of spending time redeeming Mineta, it would have been much easier to make him a character to hate and laugh at like Monoma

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that too, really if he was just presented as the pervy desperate kid who wants a girlfriend then fine but the problem is he's never been presented that way, the Mineta joke always goes two ways, he's ether he's being a creep or he's being inappropriate, from that you get the feeling that he mainly just sees all the girls as sexual objects, I don't think there's been a scene where he's treated them as regular human beings

But in the end I think we're supposed to hate Mineta, in the beginning Horikoshi would give him hero moments but now he gets significantly less screen time and when he does it's usually him being a extreme creep followed by him getting he deserved, even in the class he seems to be written as the obnoxious member who gets hit after saying something wrong, this whole Mineta being written worse thing happened around the time where is a dropped heavily in the popularity poll and when West hatred for him became more visible, I believe Horikoshi saw this and instead of spending time redeeming Mineta, it would have been much easier to make him a character to hate and laugh at like Monoma
I dont think were supposed to hate and laugh at monoma.

Also mineta had a major part in his battle during the class a v b thing.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I wouldn't hate Mineta as much if the series didn't play up his sexual harassment as funny at every opportunity, especially with no indication that his behavior will change in the immediate future. He can only get punched in the face or drowned so many times...it loses all meaning when he just starts the cycle back up again the next time we see him. There was actual character development to be had for Mineta, but for me at least, it's too late.

He's on the shit list.
source.gif

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Since putting Mineta will stay in the manga regardless of being on anyones 'shitlists', I'm hoping that Hori can rely less on the pervert jokes in the future.

Lines like:

"you stole Iida's identity with shoot style"
"hierarchy"
"you'll never be a match for me"

are pretty good and isolated from that one character trait.

Just focus on him being an insanely arrogant and blunt little dude. Hori almost did it in the class vs class arc too, before the final match incident with Mina.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am not as annoyed by Mineta as the rest of you, i just ignore him, but I think it is hilarious when someone says they don't understand why he is so hated

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I like watching Mineta get the shit kicked out of him, so long as the thing that leads up to it isn't dwelled on for too long.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Mineta is annoying, he's a creepy perv and cowardly and doesn't have much going for him besides that. At least he gets punished for it and when he does, it's funny as hell to me

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Because Mineta is not the same thing as casual fan service. Dude is a walking talking sexual harassment lawsuit. Mineta is the very worst of the "Pervy dude" stereotype.

And on top of that he does not have a single redeeming quality. He is just a perverted sack of crap. That's the entirety of his character and it adds literally nothing to the story beyond a cheap laugh or two. You could take Mineta and his antics out of the show and replace him with literally anyone and the show would not be any different. That's how useless Mineta is.

So the hate for him is entirely justified in my opinion.
Happosai, nuff said

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Do we have any idea what the extent of Shigarakis latest Hax are? They make a point to say he disintegrated people he didn't even touch. Do we have any idea on the range or circumstance yet?

because if he can dust people without touching them then Deku is basically screwed unless he has a quirk inside OFA that allows him to tank the damage or somehow makes him immune. Though I guess the Black Whip quick could help him keep his distance?

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Do we have any idea what the extent of Shigarakis latest Hax are? They make a point to say he disintegrated people he didn't even touch. Do we have any idea on the range or circumstance yet?

because if he can dust people without touching them then Deku is basically screwed unless he has a quirk inside OFA that allows him to tank the damage or somehow makes him immune. Though I guess the Black Whip quick could help him keep his distance?
It's more like the decay spreads, he touches the floor each time to make a area of effect and that time he decayed a whole group of people they were all touching each other so it spread between them

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

From what I can tell it's basically Seshomaru's final power-up from Inuyasha: a bodily destruction virus that spreads through touch.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eri is like the ultimate counter against Shigaraki, i think she will have something to do with his fight against Deku

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I doubt she can reverse death but it think she can stop someone from disintegrating

I mean it was noted that without Eri, Izuku would be pretty much dead because 100% would have blown his body to pieces. If she could keep up with that than she can keep up with the dusting. She just has to figure out what the fuck she stores for her powers to work.

Redestro stores stress as energy for his quirk, the flasher stores embarrassment. She just has to figure out what she stores and her quirk usage becomes alot more consistent.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I mean it was noted that without Eri, Izuku would be pretty much dead because 100% would have blown his body to pieces. If she could keep up with that than she can keep up with the dusting. She just has to figure out what the fuck she stores for her powers to work.

Redestro stores stress as energy for his quirk, the flasher stores embarrassment. She just has to figure out what she stores and her quirk usage becomes alot more consistent.

Iirc there were some theories about her converting sugar and storing it up, as during the cultural festival she develops a taste for candied apples and it's after that her horn starts to grow back at a faster rate (before it was growing back at a snails pace).

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Iirc there were some theories about her converting sugar and storing it up, as during the cultural festival she develops a taste for candied apples and it's after that her horn starts to grow back at a faster rate (before it was growing back at a snails pace).
Hori please don't make Sugar Boy even more redundant, damn

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
If Eri has an emotion based quirk similar to Re-Destro and the embarrassment dude, "hope" or some other abstract positive emotion might be what she stockpiles. It would fit with her "awakening" after being inspired by Mirio's heroism.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Also if we don't count All Might since he's retired then Best Jeanist is the best pro obviously.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I have Fatgum as my favorite pro, and ask for the the best actual pro hero, if we're not counting AM then it's edgeshot

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
You're all wrong, Mirko is the best Pro Hero:

MOD EDIT: Removed prohibited content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You're all wrong, Mirko is the best Pro Hero:

MOD EDIT: Removed prohibited content.
I have very high hopes for Mirko cause when I was reading Vol.20 the other day she reminded me of Mereoleona from Black Clover in terms of demeanor when she's introduced and it feels like she could get similarly crazy hype moments. I hope she gets the spotlight in the near future.

Don't know if I have a favorite Pro-Hero now that All Might doesn't count. As far as what we've seen from people on official missions, I feel like the semi-pro teenagers have had more stuff than the pros besides Endeavor, who I'm certainly rooting for to work towards earning a redemption but wouldn't call my "favorite". I guess Hawks maybe. But overall I think Pro Heroes haven't been sold as hard as they could've been by this point in the series, which is why I like that Endeavor arc a lot and hope it is a sign of things to come.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I have very high hopes for Mirko cause when I was reading Vol.20 the other day she reminded me of Mereoleona from Black Clover in terms of demeanor when she's introduced and it feels like she could get similarly crazy hype moments. I hope she gets the spotlight in the near future.

Don't know if I have a favorite Pro-Hero now that All Might doesn't count. As far as what we've seen from people on official missions, I feel like the semi-pro teenagers have had more stuff than the pros besides Endeavor, who I'm certainly rooting for to work towards earning a redemption but wouldn't call my "favorite". I guess Hawks maybe. But overall I think Pro Heroes haven't been sold as hard as they could've been by this point in the series, which is why I like that Endeavor arc a lot and hope it is a sign of things to come.

Oh my god I was actually thinking recently how awesome it would be if they got Mereoleonas VA to do Mirko for the anime as well, she'd be PERFECT.

I think her involvement in the pro-hero arc as well as her stood next to Endeavor in the 5 year anniversary cover makes me think she'll have a bigger role to play when shit starts to go down with Endeavor, not least cos she'll be bumped up to No.4 once Besto Jeanist is out for good.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god I was actually thinking recently how awesome it would be if they got Mereoleonas VA to do Mirko for the anime as well, she'd be PERFECT.

I think her involvement in the pro-hero arc as well as her stood next to Endeavor in the 5 year anniversary cover makes me think she'll have a bigger role to play when shit starts to go down with Endeavor, not least cos she'll be bumped up to No.4 once Besto Jeanist is out for good.
Yeah that'd be cool. And it seems she hasn't been in MHA yet so there's hope.

I forgot about her being on the 5th anniversary spread. That's a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.