• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Taylo207 It's a simple rule, and it's easy to remember. Please be more mindful next time, this isn't the first time you've done this. Double check whatever page or panel you want to post before hitting that button.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Taylo207 It's a simple rule, and it's easy to remember. Please be more mindful next time, this isn't the first time you've done this. Double check whatever page or panel you want to post before hitting that button.

Yeah i know, I'm genuinely not trying to do it on purpose I swear! I think from now on I'll keep away from posting stuff like that in the future, just to be on the safe side.

On another note:

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah i know, I'm genuinely not trying to do it on purpose I swear! I think from now on I'll keep away from posting stuff like that in the future, just to be on the safe side.

On another note:

Glad to hear that.

Sounds to me (well, I'm being hopeful, lol) like it might finally be time to reveal Dabi's backstory.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017

On another note:

Edit: imagine the heavily breathing cat in your minds. Apparently it's too hard for mobile era to post this reaction image so I'll have to ask yall to feel it yourselves.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I wonder if perhaps now that Shiggy is finally free from the bonds of his past that he realizes that even AfO held him back. What if its not a Tartarus Breakout but a Tartarus Break In, with him trying to assassinate All for One. This then leads to a massive free for all with AfO trying to stay alive with heroes trying to contain the chaos, including All Might. I could honestly see this being the mext arc, with Shiggy being so confident he just tries to storm in there with almost no rest.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

On another note:

After this, the League will actually be a major threat, so I'd be hoping we wouldn't jump back into a school event related arc.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I wonder if perhaps now that Shiggy is finally free from the bonds of his past that he realizes that even AfO held him back. What if its not a Tartarus Breakout but a Tartarus Break In, with him trying to assassinate All for One. This then leads to a massive free for all with AfO trying to stay alive with heroes trying to contain the chaos, including All Might. I could honestly see this being the mext arc, with Shiggy being so confident he just tries to storm in there with almost no rest.
I'm halfway there with you. I could see Shiggy staging a break out with the best intentions, but something happens and AfO dies by Shiggy's hand or their relationship crumbles. I think they need to see each other again but Shiggy doesn't need his him anymore, which is exactly what AfO wanted.

Also, Bunkitz, have you had a chance to read House of X #2 yet?

Probably the most my mind has been blown reading a comic. Amazing stuff!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I've been thinking that maybe we could get a prison break arc next, but considering how long we've gone without seeing Midoriya and the rest of the students, the plot basically has to go back to UA next. Maybe they could do both at the same time? It would have to be something like:

-Class A and Class B go on an educational field trip to Tartarus (I feel like that's something that UA probably wouldn't actually do, but just roll with me for a sec)

-The traitor (Hagakure?) finally makes their move and screws up Tartarus's security measures from the inside, thereby allowing Shiggy and pals to storm in.

-Midoriya and everyone get caught up in the chaos and end up trying to help a bunch of pro heroes contain the situation.

I think that would be a pretty effective way to move the plot forward, the potential unplausible nature of a Tartatus field trip aside.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I've been thinking that maybe we could get a prison break arc next, but considering how long we've gone without seeing Midoriya and the rest of the students, the plot basically has to go back to UA next. Maybe they could do both at the same time? It would have to be something like:

-Class A and Class B go on an educational field trip to Tartarus (I feel like that's something that UA probably wouldn't actually do, but just roll with me for a sec)

-The traitor (Hagakure?) finally makes their move and screws up Tartarus's security measures from the inside, thereby allowing Shiggy and pals to storm in.

-Midoriya and everyone get caught up in the chaos and end up trying to help a bunch of pro heroes contain the situation.

I think that would be a pretty effective way to move the plot forward, the potential unplausible nature of a Tartatus field trip aside.
UA could be stupid enough to have practical exams for the Semester Finals being some sort of criminal transfer unit, and while they are approaching the League shows up with Giga ready to storm the gates. I just feel really confident that Hiro used the My Villain Academia Arc to cement them as the defacto antagonists before Tartarus and All Might's potential Death become the main focus because there was no feasible way in their previous state for them to pull it off let one even being involved with that plotline. However now that the League has overcome their personal roadblocks and now understand their quirks to the point of reaching their full potential, every and any plotline can all move towards that certain milestone. Especially with Gigantomachia potentially working together with them, he was introduced in the same chapter we saw AfO being imprisoned in Tartarus and jts obvious Hori will utilize him as a key factor to wether things go horribly wrong for the heroes.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
New Vigilante chapter is out, it reveals that guy Aizawa mentioned back in the joint training arc

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they've got something planned to shake up the status quo of the series then these are my thoughts as to what may happen next:

1) Shigaraki, having gained the acceptance of All For One's closest allies, will resolve to break into the facility where All for One is being held. His wish: to rescue his father figure and create untold destruction at his side. When they're finally face to face, and All for One is freed, they'll embrace. And in that moment, All for One will Force Activate Tomura's quirk. All for One will crumble into dust, right then and there, just as Tomura's actual family had. This final act of his will complete Tomura's detachment to the world and will leave Tomura as the one true face of the world's decay.

2) Nana Shimura was the kind of person who could trust One For All to a man with no quirk. I believe that there's more to that than Toshinori having been an inspiring and forward-looking young man. I think personal experience may have played into that - that Nana manifested a quirk that was terribly unsuitable for a hero, and was in turn given the gift of One for All by someone who truly believed that anyone could grow to be a hero, a philosophy that would go on to inform her own choice for successor.
Her quirk is probably Decay, signaled by the fact that Nana has never been seen not wearing those gloves of hers. And it will be one of the six hidden quirks that Deku will come to manifest.
And it'll happen at a -bad time-. He's going to do some damage to something or somebody, while finding that he has little control over that particular quirk... and it will weigh extremely heavily on him, changing how others interact with him and how he interacts with others. Three scenarios I think are likely:

a - Deku will suffer a nightmare in his dorm shortly after Tomura's complete destruction of Daika City, and will wake up atop a pile of rubble that used to be the UA dorms. The other students will have escaped - barely, being woken up by the destruction of their rooms as it happened - and this power will draw immediate comparisons to the destruction caused by Tomura and his League of Villians, immediately leaving Deku somewhat ostracized from his peers, his teachers, and society in general. Some will come to fear Deku in the aftermath, some will sympathize with him and even go out of their way to help him reconcile and control this new ability - but above all, the person that would come to fear Deku the most in the wake of such an event... would be Deku himself.

b - Deku will manifest the quirk out of desperation during a battle or training exercise. As a result, he will destroy property - whether public, private, or UA - and will accidentally maim a villain or a teacher. Similarly to (a), Deku's uncontrollable quirk manifestations, and the nature of this specific manifestation, will cause him to become feared by many of those around him, and by himself. It will also result in a higher degree of societal scrutiny directed toward Deku, perhaps even from the police and quirk oversight agencies.

c - Tomura will learn of the nature of Deku's quirk himself. He will work over time to attack Deku with a thousand cuts, whittling away at Deku's emotional state through acts of villainy both indiscriminate and directly targeted at Deku or Deku's loved ones. He will resolve to warp Deku's mind, to create a very specific moment of opportunity - a moment where a vulnerable Deku wants nothing more in that moment than to DESTROY Tomura, recreating the very stimuli that resulted in Tomura's own manifestation of Decay. And in that moment, Deku's Decay will activate, and their ensuing battle will leave Deku alive, and a path of pure destruction in their wake. In the aftermath, Deku will lose his trust in himself - the decay of Deku's heroism and the decay of One for All. And in this state, Deku may be worth more to Tomura alive than dead - at least, in the short term.

This is all some shit I've been bouncing around ever since like halfway through this arc when it became clear that Tomura was quickly growing into a true villian, a character who could effectively replace All for One. Hard to say where this series will go but I like that I can entertain possibilities like these right now, feels like the world of MHA is really, really growing into its own lately.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been hoping for Nana's quirk to have been like Shigaraki's for a while now because of the gloves too so it'd be really cool if it were true. But dang the implications if Deku has that too lol

Also, why spoiler-tag speculation?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
A Midoriya/Bakugo thread in the OT...
VXOfTgW.png

It never ends well.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man I thought the lack of anime for about a year would stop these threads. Do people not get tired?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
A very valid opinion.

Also, anyone else hear that rumor (probably a "source" somewhere, just haven't looked for it) that someone paid $5,000 to get votes for Bakugo in the upcoming popularity poll? Why I never trust that stuff lol.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
DragonSJG's opinion, on which he made that thread.

But I agree that it's most often a pointless back and forth (though that could be said of many threads/topics).

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A very valid opinion.

Also, anyone else hear that rumor (probably a "source" somewhere, just haven't looked for it) that someone paid $5,000 to get votes for Bakugo in the upcoming popularity poll? Why I never trust that stuff lol.
The opinion is valid. The problem is that we already had this thread so many times already.
About the rumor I dont doubt that can happen, I remember a picture last year of someone sending hundreds of votes for Endeavor

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
A very valid opinion.

People gotta find better stuff to do with their time and money.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Yeah, sorry didn't know these threads caused such controversy, my bad. But am touched you consider me one of your own

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I find this stuff interesting to talk about, though in OT it's hard to tell who is and who isn't reading the manga lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how those threads always got those one or two posts that try to play therapist. This time it's now Bakugo fans only like him because they actually hate themselves 😂

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I love how those threads always got those one or two posts that try to play therapist. This time it's now Bakugo fans only like him because they actually hate themselves 😂
I was hit once with the "the only people who enjoy KH's story are people who have never legitimately matured past middle school" leading up to the release of KH3. Was amazing.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I don't read Vigilantes but I saw a few pages...

Did they just show Shirakumo? As in Aizawa and Mic's old classmate?

Tace YES I HAVE HOLY SHIT. Also, Teppen is available here now and I don't know if I suck or Dante's deck is just not beginner friendly, lol. Having better luck with Ryu's. Haven't played much though, still mostly just playing Future Fight, haha.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Went back in time to read the impressions on Deku having 6 quirks cause I was thinking about that moment due to Solid's post from yesterday and it was fun to see all the different thoughts people had on it. Certainly the kind of development that gets people talking.
This was my favorite post btw
I agree, it's way too early to start freaking out.

Now, if we start hearing, "lets hold it off until Deku arrives", then it's time to break the glass.

Anyway, at this point, if Naruto, Hitman Reborn, Bleach (apparently) and now even MHA do the "MC gets all the powers" thing, I'm basically ready to keep the possibility in mind for every battle shonen going forward lol.

"the only people who enjoy KH's story are people who have never legitimately matured past middle school"
Love all these things I get to find out about myself by using this site. Though my favorite remains that as a Bakugo fan, I like to get myself into abusive relationships...or was it that I'm the abusive partner? Gets hard to keep track of.

Anyway, yeah Bakugo threads don't seem worth it. Feels like threads like that end up just being open season to hate on something and the people who like it, no matter how disingenuous people get (hell this isn't just Bakugo, seems to be every thread about "X thing you're not supposed to like").
This thread has actually has had reasoned conversations about Bakugo involving people who like, dislike and are neutral towards him and it's active enough so I'm content just talking about him here.

That said, I need Busaiku to make threads every time Kacchan wins a poll.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is Viz doing a poll too, since they changed the format for their releases?

I don't think there's a poll going on right now for MHA but yeah Viz still does polls. Most recently they had poll results for Dr. Stone and Black Clover come out alongside the Japanese poll results. But I didn't find out about those until they were done since there's no magazine anymore and they don't announce it in the chapters so I think you gotta check their site or follow them on Twitter to know.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't read Vigilantes but I saw a few pages...

Did they just show Shirakumo? As in Aizawa and Mic's old classmate?
Yep, it seems like they're giving Aizawa's full backstory there since the flashback is setting up him becoming a teacher
I don't think there's a poll going on right now for MHA but yeah Viz still does polls. Most recently they had poll results for Dr. Stone and Black Clover come out alongside the Japanese poll results. But I didn't find out about those until they were done since there's no magazine anymore and they don't announce it in the chapters so I think you gotta check their site or follow them on Twitter to know.
Japan is currently doing one but not Viz

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It is funny that people were afraid the manga being only about Deku after the OFA reveal to then have an arc that has no Deku at all.
Hell even in that fight Uraraka did most of the job while Deku only captured Shinso.

Status
Not open for further replies.