• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
It is funny that people were afraid the manga being only about Deku after the OFA reveal to then have an arc that has no Deku at all.
Hell even in that fight Uraraka did most of the job while Deku only captured Shinso.

And people dont give my girl uraraka any shine for that fight either. She was out there taking names

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If Ochako slamming Monoma to the ground doesnt get the proper sakuga animation I will be mad

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Tace YES I HAVE HOLY SHIT. Also, Teppen is available here now and I don't know if I suck or Dante's deck is just not beginner friendly, lol. Having better luck with Ryu's. Haven't played much though, still mostly just playing Future Fight, haha.
Rejoice! The gods have smiled upon us this day! Lol

I find purple decks not very beginner friendly in general, though I do think Morrigan is a bit easier to use because of her AOE halt attack. She might be easier to use as you get used to purple decks. I find Red and Green decks work the best for my playstyle. Plus, I get to main X and Jill. There are great decks floating around and it's easy to copy deck templates in this game so experiment! Have fun!

About House of X #2, I'm still shook. I think with some tweaks it would be a badass way to introduce the mutants in the MCU as well.
Anyway, yeah Bakugo threads don't seem worth it. Feels like threads like that end up just being open season to hate on something and the people who like it, no matter how disingenuous people get (hell this isn't just Bakugo, seems to be every thread about "X thing you're not supposed to like").
This thread has actually has had reasoned conversations about Bakugo involving people who like, dislike and are neutral towards him and it's active enough so I'm content just talking about him here.
Well said. I find that talking about Kacchan in the OT often leads to arguing in bad faith or just shit posting. With you guys I don't have to worry about that, and in general that conversation is much more fulfilling because we are all current with the manga

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Talking Kacchan in the OT just brings out the people that are bad at paying attention to anything because they can't get over a childhood bully slowly growing into a good character with depth

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest problem is that Bakugo never apologized or acknowledged that he was awful in the past. That is why so many people can't move on, not because they are bad at paying attention

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It is funny that people were afraid the manga being only about Deku after the OFA reveal to then have an arc that has no Deku at all.
Hell even in that fight Uraraka did most of the job while Deku only captured Shinso.

I mean, even then, the manga should be about Deku. It's his story. He narrated it in the beginning. He's the Luffy, the Naruto, the Asta. These are ensembles with one strong lead. Anytime the secondary takes over it's usually for the worst.

Bakugo or anyone can get that shine, but My Hero Academia is about Deku. The current arc is just beefing up the villains to provide a proper counterpoint. Like Shippuden's Sasuke or Pein vs. Jiraiya arcs.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yep, it seems like they're giving Aizawa's full backstory there since the flashback is setting up him becoming a teacher
Oh snap. That's awesome. I might finally give Vigilantes a read then, lol. At least for Aizawa's backstory, anyway.
Rejoice! The gods have smiled upon us this day! Lol

I find purple decks not very beginner friendly in general, though I do think Morrigan is a bit easier to use because of her AOE halt attack. She might be easier to use as you get used to purple decks. I find Red and Green decks work the best for my playstyle. Plus, I get to main X and Jill. There are great decks floating around and it's easy to copy deck templates in this game so experiment! Have fun!
Oh yeah, they just added Jill! That's what made me check the store again, lol. I'll give her and X a try. Hopefully I'll enjoy those more. The tutorial sucked, by the way. I was hoping for a decent tutorial to explain everything but I didn't even know what I was seeing on my screen and it took me quite a while to understand. They don't explain what the card effects mean and while it wouldn't be difficult for experienced card players to understand them, it's not beginner-friendly at all, which is a shame cause I'm fairly certain there would be Capcom fans who wanna give this a try but don't have the card game experience.
About House of X #2, I'm still shook. I think with some tweaks it would be a badass way to introduce the mutants in the MCU as well.
Hmm? How would that be a way to introduce mutants into the MCU...?

Moira looked pretty dope in the Apocalypse armor, by the way.
So random question.

Does Hagakure have hair?
It would be fair to assume so. We know her light refraction is an exterior thing and not her simply being transparent since we don't see her food and drinks, so it would make sense if it's like an outer layer that covers her whole body, including her hair. Anything placed on top of that, i.e. clothes, won't be affected.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It would be fair to assume so. We know her light refraction is an exterior thing and not her simply being transparent since we don't see her food and drinks, so it would make sense if it's like an outer layer that covers her whole body, including her hair. Anything placed on top of that, i.e. clothes, won't be affected.
Okay yeah that's what I figured. So my question is why not make her a suit out of her hair in a similar way to how Mirio got his suit? It would solve her nudity problem and it would even make her MORE stealthy because she would be entirely invisible rather than a floating pair of gloves and boots.

It's just weird to me that they didn't do this when there is an in universe that is already canon.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Okay yeah that's what I figured. So my question is why not make her a suit out of her hair in a similar way to how Mirio got his suit? It would solve her nudity problem and it would even make her MORE stealthy because she would be entirely invisible rather than a floating pair of gloves and boots.

It's just weird to me that they didn't do this when there is an in universe that is already canon.
Honestly? My guess would be that she didn't know something like that was possible so she didn't ask for it when she enrolled at U.A. On the other hand, an educational institution like U.A. ought to be guiding their students and helping them for something like this. The most realistic reason would sadly be that Horikoshi likes the naked invisible person gag.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly? My guess would be that she didn't know something like that was possible so she didn't ask for it when she enrolled at U.A. On the other hand, an educational institution like U.A. ought to be guiding their students and helping them for something like this. The most realistic reason would sadly be that Horikoshi likes the naked invisible person gag.
That's true. Didnt he make the invisible hero a girl because he found the idea of a random naked girl to be funny?

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
That's true. Didnt he make the invisible hero a girl because he found the idea of a random naked girl to be funny?
Oh, no, that was because he realized he'd made too many male characters already by that point. Of course, we know he ended up with still far too many and far too little female characters. Would've been cool if the class was evenly split.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Oh yeah, they just added Jill! That's what made me check the store again, lol. I'll give her and X a try. Hopefully I'll enjoy those more. The tutorial sucked, by the way. I was hoping for a decent tutorial to explain everything but I didn't even know what I was seeing on my screen and it took me quite a while to understand. They don't explain what the card effects mean and while it wouldn't be difficult for experienced card players to understand them, it's not beginner-friendly at all, which is a shame cause I'm fairly certain there would be Capcom fans who wanna give this a try but don't have the card game experience.
Yeah, they don't do a good job explaining care effects. If you click on a card that has "Revenge" or "Explore" it'll tell you what that means. Agreed it should be a lot clearer though. Def could be more newbie friendly. I don't consider myself super good at all, so I'm down to practice if you want!
Hmm? How would that be a way to introduce mutants into the MCU...?

Moira looked pretty dope in the Apocalypse armor, by the way.
They could use Moira as a reason to fat why the mutants haven't revealed themselves yet. She'd already lived through several realities where that ends in ruin, and they can use her reincarnation mutant ability to explain a lot l. Even put the Fox X-Men in a different universe Moira reset.

——

Apologies if there any typos. A little buzzed. Just got home/ Today is my birthday!!!

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh, no, that was because he realized he'd made too many male characters already by that point. Of course, we know he ended up with still far too many and far too little female characters. Would've been cool if the class was evenly split.
Someone needs to edit the Hagakure wiki then lol

• Toru was supposed to be a male character at first, but Horikoshi changed her into a female because he thought a girl having an invisible body was a funnier concept. There was also a lack of female characters at the time.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they don't do a good job explaining care effects. If you click on a card that has "Revenge" or "Explore" it'll tell you what that means. Agreed it should be a lot clearer though. Def could be more newbie friendly. I don't consider myself super good at all, so I'm down to practice if you want!

They could use Moira as a reason to fat why the mutants haven't revealed themselves yet. She'd already lived through several realities where that ends in ruin, and they can use her reincarnation mutant ability to explain a lot l. Even put the Fox X-Men in a different universe Moira reset.

——

Apologies if there any typos. A little buzzed. Just got home/ Today is my birthday!!!
Ayyyy happy birthday!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Happy birthday bro
be0874d033936053d938bd3b13a11188.gif

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hope I'm not too late, but Happy Birthday Tace !! I'd attach a GIF but I'm on my phone... I'll just do it later! Hope you had a wonderful day, buddy!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
From a mostly-lurker, Happy Birthday Tace!
Thank you! Come join us out in the sun anytime!
Wasn't planning on posting scans anymore but I'll make an exception.

Happy B-day Tace!

tumblr_inline_p4gnb6ujW71qj2lkn_1280.jpg
Thanks Taylo!
source.gif

Hope I'm not too late, but Happy Birthday Tace !! I'd attach a GIF but I'm on my phone... I'll just do it later! Hope you had a wonderful day, buddy!
Fantastic day it was! Thanks brother!
giphy.gif

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So i think I am gonna pick up the Vigilante series. I'm kind bored waiting for the new season and I have already read the manga again and binged the first 3 seasons.

It's canon right?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So i think I am gonna pick up the Vigilante series. I'm kind bored waiting for the new season and I have already read the manga again and binged the first 3 seasons.

It's canon right?
Yes it is canon. For the most part, that's a good thing and it is worthy. There may be one thing you'll wanna choose to ignore in your headcanon though.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yep, Horikoshi actually works with the Vigilante Mangaka planning out the series, some stuff like quirk enhancement drugs actually first appeared in Vigilante and there are some backstories from characters of the main Manga being told there as well
Yes it is canon. For the most part, that's a good thing and it is worthy. There may be one thing you'll wanna choose to ignore in your headcanon though.
Okay good to know. Should only take me a couple of days to get caught up.

Edit: Dude. I am not even half way into the very first chapter. Are they serious with Pop Steps design? Really?

This shit is absurd lol

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay yeah after reading a few chaptersthis Pop Step design is by far the most egregious thing from MHA in my opinion. Yeah Midnight and Momo are bad, but the blatant underskirts and booty shots are laughably bad.

Is it done on purpose as some kind of parody? Or are they serious?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think I nose what you're talking about?
You do lol. Y'all talking about it was I was prepared for it before I started Vigilantes
Okay yeah after reading a few chaptersthis Pop Step design is by far the most egregious thing from MHA in my opinion. Yeah Midnight and Momo are bad, but the blatant underskirts and booty shots are laughably bad.

Is it done on purpose as some kind of parody? Or are they serious?
If knowing that she eventually stops wearing that helps then...she eventually stops wearing that. Won't give details on why but I honestly can't remember the last time she wore that.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Pop still wears it, but the focus totally changed - early on its pure fanservice framing on like every panel she's in, it was awful. After a while, she's drawn into frame like any other character. Downside is she has less panel time overall, at least during action scenes.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pop still wears it, but the focus totally changed - early on its pure fanservice framing on like every panel she's in, it was awful. After a while, she's drawn into frame like any other character. Downside is she has less panel time overall, at least during action scenes.
I mean, it hasn't been officially retired or anything and she'll probably wear it again sooner or later but I just checked and it seems in the last 12 months, she's only had it on once and that was 8 months ago. Though regardless, yeah after the beginning, the presentation becomes different.

Also yeah I do wish she was in the action scenes more too. But that's just par for the course at this point

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it hasn't been officially retired or anything and she'll probably wear it again sooner or later but I just checked and it seems in the last 12 months, she's only had it on once and that was 8 months ago. Though regardless, yeah after the beginning, the presentation becomes different.

Also yeah I do wish she was in the action scenes more too. But that's just par for the course at this point
Wow, really? Feels more recent.

Wasn't she wearing it during the Sky Egg arc?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Nah Sky Egg she's performing with the Captain Celebrity squad gear.

But yeah it feels more recent cause we only get two chapters a month lol. So it's been a while in real time which is why I couldn't remember but in Vigilantes time not really.
Guess so, damn.
I forgot Pop existed. She hasn't been really important in forever.
I like her hanging out in her civilian clothes, she looks like a slob and I appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.