• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Favorite League of Villains member?" poll results
  • OP
    OP
    bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
    Oct 28, 2017
    Starting the new poll now. Leaving the final results of the first poll here:

qDHuuFc.png

The poll ran for one month, from the 5th of May to today, June 4th. In that time, Twice got more than 50% of the votes. That is incredible and very well-deserved. It's nice to see Toga come in at second considering she was quite low before. At least Spinner and Compress got some votes, I suppose? Haha. I'm kinda disappointed to see Compress only get two votes since I like the character quite a lot. If I had to order how much I like the League members:
    1. Dabi
    2. Twice
    3. Toga
    4. Compress
    5. Shigaraki
    6. Spinner
    7. Kurogiri
    Anyways! New poll is up. What is Dabi's true identity? Personally, I firmly believe he is none other than Toya Todoroki, the unaccounted for eldest child of the Todoroki family. However, I'm not ruling out the highly unlikely possibilities that he is Endeavor's bastard or someone completely unrelated to the Todoroki family. I can go into much more detail but here's a bullet list (where I write long sentences anyway, lmao) of why I think he's Toya:
    • Dabi clearly has some issue with the Todoroki family, that is to say they're not just a famous hero family to him. They mean something to him, which is evidenced by his two interactions with members of said hero family: meeting Shoto at the summer training camp and Endeavor at Kyushu.
    • In the former, Horikoshi draws our attention to their very brief meeting. Dabi specifically names Shoto ("Too bad... Shoto Todoroki.") while giving him a condescending look. This tells us that he not only knows Shoto but may personally dislike the young hero-in-training.
    • His meeting with Endeavor is an even bigger sign given how vicious Dabi was towards the pro hero. We learn that he's wanted alone time with Endeavor for a while now, possibly to kill him given how his final words to him during this encounter was telling Endeavor to not die yet. (the wording and context made it pretty clear that Dabi meant for Endeavor to not die yet so that he can be the one to kill him)
    • These two interactions suggest that Dabi has feelings of contempt towards them. If he is indeed Toya, it would make sense for him to hate Enji and Shoto given that the former was an abusive parent who only saw his children as tools to further his own goal. As an extension of that, it would not be unexpected for Toya to despise Shoto for being the successful "tool." To add to that, their meeting could be seen as Dabi feeling something like "Too bad perfect child, I win this time."
    • We learned in the previous arc that while Toya was born with a more powerful quirk than even Endeavor's Hellflame, he was born with Rei's weak constitution. This could have meant that not only was Toya physically weak (which would explain his small stature despite being the eldest) but his body may have inherited Rei's own body's preference for the cold.
    • In chapter 230, we finally get confirmation that Dabi's quirk burns away at his flesh if used too long or too much. This would align with Toya's possible cold-attuned body, which we know wields flames.
    • Speaking of Toya's flames, Endeavor himself said they're stronger than his. Without much training (in comparison to the 20+ years of training Endeavor's gone through) he was able to assess this quite quickly, which is a bit curious. One way that could have been possible is that Toya's flames are naturally of a higher temperature than Endeavor's Hellflame. Blue flames burn hotter than the usual red/orange flames. Now, who wields blue flames?
    • If Dabi is Toya, his possibly cold-attuned body would be reacting to the hottest flames in the entire series. That would naturally result in physical damage to his body which is very obviously something Dabi has a lot of.
    • Also in chapter 230 is a small moment between Dabi and Geten when the latter expresses his strong belief that one's worth is directly tied to their power. Sounds familiar, right? Endeavor practically lived that way prior to the Kyushu arc. This statement from Geten pisses Dabi off, which would make sense if he was the son of someone who abused his family due to this same belief.
    • We also know that Dabi hates the idea of "fake heroes," the ones which Stain condemned. Dabi joined the League as a result of being moved by Stain's conviction to eliminate "fake heroes" from society, one of whom is Endeavor. Naturally, if you despise your abusive father for being so power-hungry to the point of committing morally atrocious acts despite being a "hero" you would be drawn towards a powerful figure who condemns people like that.
    • There's also a bunch of symbolism and imagery we can dig into, such as the multiple times the viewer's focus has been drawn towards Todoroki eyes (the same teal-colored eyes that Dabi has) as well as the left sides (the "Todoroki half" of Shoto) of their faces.
    Whew, that was quite long. Coincidentally, I stumbled upon some cool Dabi fan art:

As well as some very snazzy rich kids trio fan art:

"What is Dabi's true identity?" poll results
  • OP
    OP
    bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
    Oct 28, 2017
    2UcfpGb.png

Second poll ran for a little over one month, ending today at July 9th. The winning vote's taken a larger share than Twice did in the last poll, but only by 2.6%, although there are only 90 votes this time around. There was 100+ in the first one.

Pretty cool to see that most people follow the same theory I'm following. I still think it can be the second or third options, though I think those are very unlikely. And I don't want them to be true either, lol.

Time for a new poll, and since we're still in My Villain Academia, it'll be villain-related once more. This time, who's your favorite non-League villain? Mine is Gentle by a long mile due to him being somewhat of a Robin Hood type of villain rather than the usual superstitious and cowardly variety. His use of his quirk was also one of the more exciting ways Horikoshi's displayed power use in the series, in my opinion. I wouldn't have ever thought of using an elasticity power to turn the air into a reflective barrier, for instance.

"Favorite Villain?" poll results
  • OP
    OP
    bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
    Oct 28, 2017
    Right. Meant to delete the poll like... a month or two ago. No new poll for now, but here are the final results of the previous poll:

E6c7t41.png

I'm honestly a bit surprised that Gentle beat Twice? He was my pick too, though I assumed people preferred Twice a bit. Both have fantastic backstories and great motivations, in my opinion, and both are relatable to different degrees. I suppose one of the reasons I expected a lower turnout for Gentle was that there's a number of fans who dislike the arc he was featured in. I'm glad to see almost everyone got plenty of votes too, with the exception of Re-Destroy who I'm surprised even got some votes. I added him as an option simply because of his relevance at the time. A few months ago, I don't think much people would've voted for Shigaraki. It's cool that people are liking him more now. I know I certainly like him more now as well.

Finally updated the OP too. New character descriptions, updated the story arcs and official releases, etc.

'Favorite non-League villain? poll results
  • OP
    OP
    bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
    Oct 28, 2017
    A-hah! I finally remembered to delete the poll and start a new one. This time, Gentle takes the lead with nearly half of the total votes. Pretty impressive given that Stain was quite popular back in the day, though definitely well earned. He was my vote for multiple reasons such as his vigilante-like objective (as opposed to plain villainy) and incredible skill with his quirk.

H2KJwfY.png

So to pit off the first poll against this one, sort of, the next one asks who your overall favorite villain is! The options are based off of the top results of said polls, as well as Shigaraki and Re-Destro since the two have been the focus these last few chapters. I'm pretty curious to see how many may now lean towards Shigaraki... Personally, I like him a lot more now but my biased ass still favors Dabi, lol. Who is not in the poll cause he lost which makes total sense... PLEASE GIVE US HIS BACKSTORY ALREADY. Just kidding, take your time Horikoshi. Don't force the reveal.
    NEXYsmU.gif

We good, Silfer , haha. No worries. And I'm just glad to see you posting here again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.