• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Hmmmm, with this line up it makes me believe the fight against high end will be S5

That weekend we'd be on episode 23, and i imagine the pro hero arc will take about three episodes (it was 9 chapters iirc).

If anything this makes me think it's more likely they're planning on doing the entire arc this season.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Amazing is a good time, even if they're far from the best Spider-Man movies. I like the stuff they do right. Plus, TASM2's suit is sexy as hell.
Oh my bad bro, by Amazing I meant Amazing Spider-Man, the comic not the films. Though now that you mention it ASM1 is ok and I absolutely love the final moment with Ben's voice and the music in the background. Still gets me emotional. ASM2 is my least favorite of the Spider-Man films, but I do love the suit and certain scenes

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my bad bro, by Amazing I meant Amazing Spider-Man, the comic not the films. Though now that you mention it ASM1 is ok and I absolutely love the final moment with Ben's voice and the music in the background. Still gets me emotional. ASM2 is my least favorite of the Spider-Man films, but I do love the suit and certain scenes
ASM2 is an abomination

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Was browsing through the latest chapter. Noticed that there are at least... twelve students participating in this arc? Tsuyu and Uraraka were the first ones to mention the trip, and Kaminari replies saying they do too. Given that Kaminari's internship consists of him, Mineta, Sero, and Shiozaki, then that's five 1-A students. Deku chimes in and says they've got a trip too (obviously) so that's eight total. Then someone else says "us too," so that's a minimum of two more. Then one last saying "me too."

So far we've got:
  • Uravity
  • Froppy
  • Chargebolt
  • Grape Juice
  • Cellophane
  • Maria (Shiozaki)
  • Deku
  • Shoto
  • Bakugo
  • Anima (Koda)
  • Comicman
That's Ryukyu's, The Lurker's, Endeavor's, and Wash's team.There's at least one more who's not accounted for, which might be whoever spoke with that square-ish speech bubble? I'd like to think Tokoyami will be a part of this operation. Hopefully, it's more than just these guys because I'd be really bummed out if Momo wasn't part of this. I'm really eager to see what she and Tokage learned from Majestic. Shoji and Jiro's team would be awesome too, and it'd be nice timing with Jiro's moment in the anime coming up soon.

Then again, we don't see The Lurker's in the prior spread... Hmm. Would Kaminari and co. be sent there without their mentors? That'd be pretty weird. Maybe Horikoshi just meant to not show the entire team. That too would be a little weird, though.
OH. Lmao. My bad. I'm not caught up on that, unfortunately, but I'll be subbing to Marvel Unlimited soon-ish to read Hunted and a bunch of other Marvel stuff! I like TASM1 a lot despite all its flaws because I had a genuinely good time watching it. It was the first Spider-Man film I watched in the cinema, at least I think so. I can't remember watching the Raimi films in the cinema, might have watched it on DVD instead. There's like this big blank when I try to remember movies I watched in the cinema during my pre-teen days... TASM2 is at the bottom of my list too and I remember feeling so disappointed that I couldn't enjoy it when I watched it, lol.
ASM2 is an abomination
That it is. There's like 5% or a little less that's worth watching though.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Was browsing through the latest chapter. Noticed that there are at least... twelve students participating in this arc? Tsuyu and Uraraka were the first ones to mention the trip, and Kaminari replies saying they do too. Given that Kaminari's internship consists of him, Mineta, Sero, and Shiozaki, then that's five 1-A students. Deku chimes in and says they've got a trip too (obviously) so that's eight total. Then someone else says "us too," so that's a minimum of two more. Then one last saying "me too."

So far we've got:
  • Uravity
  • Froppy
  • Chargebolt
  • Grape Juice
  • Cellophane
  • Maria (Shiozaki)
  • Deku
  • Shoto
  • Bakugo
  • Anima (Koda)
  • Comicman
That's Ryukyu's, The Lurker's, Endeavor's, and Wash's team.There's at least one more who's not accounted for, which might be whoever spoke with that square-ish speech bubble? I'd like to think Tokoyami will be a part of this operation. Hopefully, it's more than just these guys because I'd be really bummed out if Momo wasn't part of this. I'm really eager to see what she and Tokage learned from Majestic. Shoji and Jiro's team would be awesome too, and it'd be nice timing with Jiro's moment in the anime coming up soon.

Then again, we don't see The Lurker's in the prior spread... Hmm. Would Kaminari and co. be sent there without their mentors? That'd be pretty weird. Maybe Horikoshi just meant to not show the entire team. That too would be a little weird, though.

OH. Lmao. My bad. I'm not caught up on that, unfortunately, but I'll be subbing to Marvel Unlimited soon-ish to read Hunted and a bunch of other Marvel stuff! I like TASM1 a lot despite all its flaws because I had a genuinely good time watching it. It was the first Spider-Man film I watched in the cinema, at least I think so. I can't remember watching the Raimi films in the cinema, might have watched it on DVD instead. There's like this big blank when I try to remember movies I watched in the cinema during my pre-teen days... TASM2 is at the bottom of my list too and I remember feeling so disappointed that I couldn't enjoy it when I watched it, lol.

That it is. There's like 5% or a little less that's worth watching though.
My favorite part is Paul giamatti shitty Russian accent and electro gap tooth disappearing

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
An even bigger no no.

There's like, some cool web swinging scenes. That's about it.
I like the actors though they were given shitty direction

Garfield and Stone bad good chemistry and it feels like Marc web director of 500 days of summer wanted to make the movie more like that with Spiderman but sony forced him with bullshit

Oct 25, 2017
I think I read the last chapter too late at night and only ended up confused. There is no time-skip (aka the reveal from the chapter before) or is there? And the classes are going on a trip, right?

Hopefully the new arc is interesting. I've been losing interesting in MHA over the past few arcs.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think I read the last chapter too late at night and only ended up confused. There is no time-skip (aka the reveal from the chapter before) or is there? And the classes are going on a trip, right?

Hopefully the new arc is interesting. I've been losing interesting in MHA over the past few arcs.
There has been a timeskip. The last 4 pages take place in March, on the day that was described in the preceding chapter as the day heroes disappeared. It's the day the villains have been preparing for (and we see more of that prep this chapter through flashbacks) and the heroes have been preparing for as well due to information from Hawks and Kurogiri/Shirakumo.

Oct 25, 2017
There has been a timeskip. The last 4 pages take place in March, on the day that was described in the preceding chapter as the day heroes disappeared. It's the day the villains have been preparing for (and we see more of that prep this chapter through flashbacks) and the heroes have been preparing for as well due to information from Hawks and Kurogiri/Shirakumo.

Ah that makes more sense.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017

So far we've got:
  • Uravity
  • Froppy
  • Chargebolt
  • Grape Juice
  • Cellophane
  • Maria (Shiozaki)
  • Deku
  • Shoto
  • Bakugo
  • Anima (Koda)
  • Comicman

Iida is the one who speaks in square bubbles.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Nah, the ASM2 suit looks like cheap cosplay. Dont' know why everyone likes it

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

So far we've got:
  • Uravity
  • Froppy
  • Chargebolt
  • Grape Juice
  • Cellophane
  • Maria (Shiozaki)
  • Deku
  • Shoto
  • Bakugo
  • Anima (Koda)
  • Comicman

Yeah, I'm hoping Momo and as many students as possible get a chance to shine. Bakugo Villain fight pls

Spencer has been killing it and Hunted was one of the best events from last year. I think you would enjoy Amazing a lot. JJJ has known Spider-Man = Peter Parker for a while and it's hilarious seeing him try to help in that signature JJJ way. He's been nailing the supporting characters

I don't remember going to see the first Raimi Spider-Man in theaters(though I'm sure I did), but I do remember seeing the first teaser attached to like Jurassic Park 3 or something. This was the super rare teaser with Spider-Man hanging a helicopter between the Twin Towers. I was like 6 or 7 and I lost my shit in the middle of the theater lol

I do remember going to see Spider-Man 2 in theaters. Movie had a profound effect on me. Still does. I was singing Vindicated for months
Ok what about the very intriguing plot about parker's parent and Peter being destined to have spider powers
(There's a deleted scene where peter dad is alive and meets with peter)
Stuff like that is why I don't trust Sony with Spider-Man

Peter's real parents are Uncle Ben and Aunt May. By and large his actual parents are nothing in comparison and shouldn't even be in the movie, let alone the architects of his destiny. Just shows they don't understand him at his core
Nah, the ASM2 suit looks like cheap cosplay. Dont' know why everyone likes it
Like the Raimi suit at the time it felt very faithful to the comic. Plus you have to remember it was coming off of the god awful ASM1 suit. I do think the MCU suits are better, but ASM2 is good too

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Yeah, I'm hoping Momo and as many students as possible get a chance to shine. Bakugo Villain fight pls

Spencer has been killing it and Hunted was one of the best events from last year. I think you would enjoy Amazing a lot. JJJ has known Spider-Man = Peter Parker for a while and it's hilarious seeing him try to help in that signature JJJ way. He's been nailing the supporting characters

I don't remember going to see the first Raimi Spider-Man in theaters(though I'm sure I did), but I do remember seeing the first teaser attached to like Jurassic Park 3 or something. This was the super rare teaser with Spider-Man hanging a helicopter between the Twin Towers. I was like 6 or 7 and I lost my shit in the middle of the theater lol

I do remember going to see Spider-Man 2 in theaters. Movie had a profound effect on me. Still does. I was singing Vindicated for months

Stuff like that is why I don't trust Sony with Spider-Man

Peter's real parents are Uncle Ben and Aunt May. By and large his actual parents are nothing in comparison and shouldn't even be in the movie, let alone the architects of his destiny. Just shows they don't understand him at his core

Like the Raimi suit at the time it felt very faithful to the comic. Plus you have to remember it was coming off of the god awful ASM1 suit. I do think the MCU suits are better, but ASM2 is good too
Hunted was awesome, that was true.
Also, who do you think kindred is? I think its pre-OM day Harry

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Hunted was awesome, that was true.
Also, who do you think kindred is? I think its pre-OM day Harry
I do too! We know it was someone at Harry's party from the golden days, they hate Norman, and they know Peter and his secret.

The only question is if it is Harry who the hell has been the other Harry we've seen since Brand New Day? Some people think when Peter made the deal with Mephisto and Harry came back he was missing his soul and Kindred is the true Harry. It is interesting Harry hasn't shown up at all in Spencer's run....

It's wild lol

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I do too! We know it was someone at Harry's party from the golden days, they hate Norman, and they know Peter and his secret.

The only question is if it is Harry who the hell has been the other Harry we've seen since Brand New Day? Some people think when Peter made the deal with Mephisto and Harry came back he was missing his soul and Kindred is the true Harry. It is interesting Harry hasn't shown up at all in Spencer's run....

It's wild lol
All good questions. I can't see who else it can be

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Iida is the one who speaks in square bubbles.
Ah, that would make sense since Manual's seen in that pro heroes spread.

Glad to hear that about Hunted! I've read up to the arc before that one, I think? Then I skipped ahead to #25 and collected up to whatevert that arc was. I recall loving #25 for Peter/MJ reasons, I believe. Jonah is awesome in Amazing and Spectacular! Spectacular #6, where they have the interview, is one of my all-time favorite issues ever. God, that was such a powerful and moving story. It was so, so good.

I only recently saw the Twin Towers teaser! Kinda jealous you got to see it all the way back then! Must've been insanely exciting.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The villains have such an advantage, that I'd legit be disappointed if they somehow lose. Like, this is some Madara levels of "how do you beat this"?

That's not even counting Shiggy, who is now pretty much a wildcard.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The villains have such an advantage, that I'd legit be disappointed if they somehow lose. Like, this is some Madara levels of "how do you beat this"?

That's not even counting Shiggy, who is now pretty much a wildcard.

I s'pose it all depends on Deku. If One for All integrates and transfers the quirks and physical abilities of all its wielders to the next, then it's entirely possible Deku has access to a near infinite number of quirks and is able to access more strength than he knows.

I don't imagine it's too much of a stretch to believe Deku can one day do what All for One can, either - use multiple quirks simultaneously, stacking or combining them for greater effect - and since this is Deku we're talking about the more he understands the better he'll be at applying what he can use.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
MLA wasnt multiple 1v1 tbh, it was a mess, a lovable mess that really fits the arc, but a mess.
Yeah, when I thought about it again, I realized it wasnt actually 1v1s.
But it sorta felt like it. Like Toga was against a squad of dudes, but her main opponent was Curious.
I wanna see Toga's squad versus a group of heroes in this arc, for example. Maybe other groups can interfere in the fight too.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yea unless Wash goes SSJ, they're losing hard
"Surprise, I put one red sock in with the whites."

Undefeatable. I totally forgot about Wash. Heroes got this easy.

I s'pose it all depends on Deku. If One for All integrates and transfers the quirks and physical abilities of all its wielders to the next, then it's entirely possible Deku has access to a near infinite number of quirks and is able to access more strength than he knows.

I don't imagine it's too much of a stretch to believe Deku can one day do what All for One can, either - use multiple quirks simultaneously, stacking or combining them for greater effect - and since this is Deku we're talking about the more he understands the better he'll be at applying what he can use.
Sure, but Deku has barely had his powers for a year now. I'm not expecting him to be the deciding factor in this upcoming war. Maybe if the heroes lose, and there's a timeskip, then Deku can be the main contributor to a resurgence of heroes, but right now, he can barely control two of his 7 quirks. Doubt he's going to be pulling out even more than that in this arc.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Deku going from 3 Quirks he has no control over to defeating High End Nomus or Nomu Shigaraki, it be bullshit

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Deku going from 3 Quirks he has no control over to defeating High End Nomus or Nomu Shigaraki, it be bullshit

Honestly it'd be hard to buy anyone beating a High End 1v1 given how much Endeavor struggled...

Surprise, I put one red sock in with the whites."

Lmao

I actually think we're only seeing SSJ Gear Second Wash as he betrays them and reveals he was MLA. So they have no chance really...

Cycle 4: Wash Man

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can already see

"Since when you were under the impression I was on your side". Proceeds to kill Endeavor by washing him to death

This is the kind of thing I could not have imagined two years ago but now? In this Dark Hori era? That's clearly how it's going down. Shiggy's flashback was just Hori setting the tone he needs to do justice to Wash's wrath.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Sure as shit hope we don't get another Yakuza incident where he conveniently gets the power up needed to save the day... Teamwork should be the name of the game here. Pro heroes and their interns, interns and their peers. I'd love to see more maneuvers like what the trio did to save Natsuo, or stuff like 1-B's teamwork during the joint training arc.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sure as shit hope we don't get another Yakuza incident where he conveniently gets the power up needed to save the day... Teamwork should be the name of the game here. Pro heroes and their interns, interns and their peers. I'd love to see more maneuvers like what the trio did to save Natsuo, or stuff like 1-B's teamwork during the joint training arc.
I mean against Yakuza it was technically teamwork. He only won by combining his power with eri's

Oct 25, 2017
Well technically if he gets another convient quirk same time as float it'll be like it was teamwork cuz one for all and all that 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.