• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Force the argument? You're not even acknowledging what I just said to you about how your inference isn't fact. Unless you got a source?
The source is the chapter that released last sunday. They literally say Komori and Kaminari will participate in something last chapter.
Uh, the part where you said I missed the point of the arc is still there....
Look my intention wasnt to be passive aggressive, if you want to see that as passive aggressive i can't do anything of course but I wouldn't edit my wording if my intention was to be rude

Oct 25, 2017
original.jpg

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The source is the chapter that released last sunday. They literally say Komori and Kaminari will participate in something last chapter.
Saying the whole joint training arc happened just so we would be familiar with 1-B's quirks based on that small nugget is quite the leap to make. That doesn't validate your claim. Nothing about that indicates that was the reason they were in the Joint Training arc.

It's your opinion, which is fine, and could even be true. But for the love of god stop trying to pass it off as fact. It isn't and I have a problem with you trying to frame your opinion or speculation for why Hori does what he does as the correct one because in my experience, you discount others opinions in the process.
Look my intention wasnt to be passive aggressive, if you want to see that as passive aggressive i can't do anything of course but I wouldn't edit my wording if my intention was to be rude
You've come at me one too many times over insanely trivial things because I guess you didn't like my opinion. Which is fine, but I feel like you frequently try to belittle my opinion whenever you can. That may not be your intention, but that's what I feel. I don't want to have this convo with you every other month.

The damage has been done tbh

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Saying the whole joint training arc happened just so we would be familiar with 1-B's quirks based on that small nugget is quite the leap to make. That doesn't validate your claim. Nothing about that indicates that was the reason they were in the Joint Training arc.

It's your opinion, which is fine, and could even be true. But for the love of god stop trying to pass it off as fact. It isn't and I have a problem with you trying to frame your opinion or speculation for why Hori does what he does as the correct one because in my experience, you discount others opinions in the process.
Of course it didn't happen just to familiarize 1B powers, i never claimed it was the only thing it tried to do, but the other things it did doesn't have much to do with 1b to begin with, that was: to move forward the shinso plot, introduce new 1A power ups that can be used for this current arc and of course introduce black whip.
In the end my whole point is that 1B participation in this arc wasnt to develop them as bitter rivals of 1A and instead they just become friends. As a bonus we are introduced to their powers and personalities, that, for me, is already paying off in this arc.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Note: Chapters coming out at 11 am ET it seems, 1 hour later than the past two weeks.

Still earlier than it was until very recently so whatever but I wonder if it's to do some Crunchyroll-style "you get this an hour after Japan" cause I think 10 am ET matched a midnight release for the digital chapters in Japan. But then are folks even reading at midnight (on a Monday)?

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Note: Chapters coming out at 11 am ET it seems, 1 hour later than the past two weeks.

Still earlier than it was until very recently so whatever but I wonder if it's to do some Crunchyroll-style "you get this an hour after Japan" cause I think 10 am ET matched a midnight release for the digital chapters in Japan. But then are folks even reading at midnight (on a Monday)?
Nooo! I checked the app earlier and it said 5 hours instead of my expected 4. That sucks for me cause that's midnight now and I'm trying to sleep earlier these days. Ah well. Still better than waiting til the morning after.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I liked the joint training arc but some fights went on for a bit too long. People saying 1-B were jobbers or something and should've won more but in the end I left with the impression that except the deku and bakugo fights, 1-B were the better teams even if they ended up losing.

The last match could've been cool but it just became a Deku Ochako Shinso mini-arc and i guess Monoma was there. The other three B students got so little screen time it was laughable

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I like the joint training arc a lot because the seeing 1-B in action as well as some cool new moves from 1-A was great to see, and the matches in general are great. However, I will forever be salty at the fact that Momo's team was the only 1-A team to lose, and how Horikoshi really... wasted her potential. Again. There are positives to it, sure, but it left a bad taste in my mouth and gives me the impression that Horikoshi will only have her ever play the role of a support hero when she should be able to do anything. Yes, there's still room for growth and perhaps she'll get there one day, but it doesn't feel like it given how he's been writing her.

BakuGOAT stomping, though. What a spectacle that was. Disappointing to see Setsuna and co. not get their chance to shine and all, but it was entertaining nonetheless because of the insane efficiency at which Bakugo destroyed the enemy team whilst making sure his teammates were all safe.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

Darn, woke up too early for the chapter.

I like the joint training arc a lot because the seeing 1-B in action as well as some cool new moves from 1-A was great to see, and the matches in general are great. However, I will forever be salty at the fact that Momo's team was the only 1-A team to lose, and how Horikoshi really... wasted her potential. Again. There are positives to it, sure, but it left a bad taste in my mouth and gives me the impression that Horikoshi will only have her ever play the role of a support hero when she should be able to do anything. Yes, there's still room for growth and perhaps she'll get there one day, but it doesn't feel like it given how he's been writing her.

BakuGOAT stomping, though. What a spectacle that was. Disappointing to see Setsuna and co. not get their chance to shine and all, but it was entertaining nonetheless because of the insane efficiency at which Bakugo destroyed the enemy team whilst making sure his teammates were all safe.
Yeah, I really do think Momo should've gotten the W there, even if her team lost. Wasn't a big fan of her passing out like that. I get what Hori was trying to do and it actually does keep the Kendo/Momo rivalry going which I appreciate, but it feels like she could be doing a lot more. Fingers crossed this arc she gets some unabashed shine.

As for the second paragraph, I agree with everything you said. Sweet new Momo avatar btw brother!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Mirko is like "fuck your life's work"

but also holy shit, the Doctor has been more than busy. Why even need someone with the ability to steal quirks when he can just replicate all of them?

Also to jump back into the La Brave/ Love Lover thing, I'm sure the anime staff fucked up. Let's just hope that doesn't translate into subs/dubs being messed up.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah shigaraki definitely has to get an early wake up call now.

I bet next chapter moves away from this to show more of what's going on at the mansion. Shigaraki wrecking shit feels like it should be at the back end of the arc.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really worried about Miruko, bunny in lab, cocky attitude that went off on her own, and in her first appearance she had stated that she hates teamwork, all this foreshadowing to this moment, it's not looking good for her

Also rip Johnny

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
*sweating heavily* Holy shit, I think I'm in love.

EQWMvPDU0AAEblF

JUST LOOK AT HER GO!!!

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
The doctor was really Twice's clone. This battle will be surely full of surprises and twists from both sides, Heroes and Villains.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Feels like the distance was set up between the two locales to showcase some speed feat later on

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm saddened by the thought that we might not see this animated the way it deserves given Bones' recent output with MHA. Hopefully whatever season will cover this won't have a movie being produced alongside it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really worried about Miruko, bunny in lab, cocky attitude that went off on her own, and in her first appearance she had stated that she hates teamwork, all this foreshadowing to this moment, it's not looking good for her

Also rip Johnny
I dont think so, things will only go bad if Shigaraki awakens and it is too early for that.
I think what will happen is that Shigaraki somehow escapes.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'm surprised that the heroes actually caught the bad guys off-guard, damn. And considering the doctor has been using his double for a long time, It's quite probable that shiggy actually has a month left to go.

God damn Mic and Eraser were boiling with rage this chapter, their faces were damn scary. And Mirko really is the only female character who has done anything actually important huh

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that the heroes actually caught the bad guys off-guard, damn. And considering the doctor has been using his double for a long time, It's quite probable that shiggy actually has a month left to go.

God damn Mic and Eraser were boiling with rage this chapter, their faces were damn scary. And Mirko really is the only female character who has done anything actually important huh
Momo tracking the noumu
Tsuyu saving Deku and Mineta's asses
Kendo saving everyone in forest.
Mt Lady saving the rescue squad with her own face.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Momo tracking the noumu
Tsuyu saving Deku and Mineta's asses
Kendo saving everyone in forest.
Mt Lady saving the rescue squad with her own face.
Mirko taking out several nomus, arriving at the secret base and destroying the doctor's escape route, cornering him

What I'm saying is that most of those are kinda minor things or support roles, but this was actually something one of the big male heroes like Aizawa or even all might would usually do. Even got a grand entrance and everything.

Oct 25, 2017
bad news for traitor theorists as the doctor would have clearly been in the know if it was a student...

--

In any case, disappointed his science lab was also at the same hospital downstairs. Would have liked some difficulty to the heroes plans with him going to a different location or something instead of it happening this smoothly. Also especially since Shigaraki will be partially prepared versu fully.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

(Mirko...)

A5RkmXb.gif

Hot damn this chapter was good! The use of Twice's double was smart. On paper it was a good way to buy more time, though that didn't last long with Mirko wrecking everything in sight. Holy cow. Hawksyou better watch out because she's coming for your spot as my favorite pro hero.

-Art was fantastic this week as usual.

-So Erasure won't get dispel Twice's doubles. His quirk has to be the best in the league hands down imo

-The doctor didn't confirm this chapter whether needing another month for Shigaraki was a bluff or not. I'm sure Shigaraki is still going to wake up regardless, but I found that interesting

-Loved seeing Present Mic get up in the Doctor's face. Get it off your chest bro

Will Mirko take the doctor down?Will we switch perspectives and follow a different group? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!
I'm saddened by the thought that we might not see this animated the way it deserves given Bones' recent output with MHA. Hopefully whatever season will cover this won't have a movie being produced alongside it.
Fingers crossed. Really hoping season 4 is just the exception and not the norm going forward.
It's good to see a girl on the Heroes side that's actually worth the praise
It really does warm my heart

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Is something wrong with my for absolutely loving seeing Mic so damn pissed? Lol.

ug2M7sBm.png

Great reaction image, by the way. Feel free to use it.
We can't even get Nana in her full glory so don't get your hopes up.
Yep... *sighs*
HAH. Perfect, lmao.
Fingers crossed. Really hoping season 4 is just the exception and not the norm going forward.
I'm keeping my hopes down, unfortunately.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- Oh hey, it's that bunny hero everyone thirsts over

- It feels... very reckless of her to go into the lab with several High End by herself, but go off I guess

- I honestly wasn't really thinking about the doc being a clone. At the same time, I can't believe they really were caught off guard, that that clone was just a failsafe...

- Bruh this is almost the same cliffhanger as last week

And Mirko really is the only female character who has done anything actually important huh

I'm going to assume you're referring to just the female heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.