• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People will die, no need to be impatient.

So far I don't believe it but the latest chapter was darker than older stuff so please Hori. Kill anyone as long as somebody dies or a few meaningful people. Or kidnapp the people with great quirks and make them Nomus for a dramatic scene in the future.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Look I get needing a body count and all but Miruko better not get got here. She's too good.
Iida easily has the best costume in the class (for me at least). Only when he keeps his mask on.

The gauntlets and mask still suck though.

I actually don't know why heroes use masks in this world. It's not like "secret identities" exist in this world outside of All Might's after his accident.
Worth remembering, heroes here descend from vigilantes - that's going to inform the styles. Sure, you don't need masks now, but if the original heroes wore 'em, that's going to change what people think a hero should look like, no?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What even is the craziest one this series has
Let's look at the wiki
  • Entrance exam
  • Quirk apprehension test
  • Battle trial
  • U.S.J.
  • U.A. sports festival
  • Vs. hero killer
  • Final exams
  • Forest training camp
  • Hideout raid
  • Provisional hero license exam
  • Shie hassaikai
  • Remedial course
  • U.A. school festival
  • Pro hero
  • Joint training
  • Meta liberation army
  • Endeavor agency
  • Paranormal Liberation war
Tvtropes has
  • Entrance exam
  • Battle trial
  • Unforeseen simulation joint
  • Sports festival
  • Hero killer
  • Final exams
  • School trip
  • Hideout raid
  • Internship
  • Remedial course
  • Culture festival
  • Pro hero
  • Joint training
  • Meta liberation army
  • Endeavor intern
I think of these the craziest is USJ because of the pun

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's look at the wiki
  • Entrance exam
  • Battle trial
  • U.S.J.
  • U.A. sports festival
  • Vs. hero killer
  • Final exams
  • Forest training camp
  • Hideout raid
  • Shie hassaikai
  • Remedial course
  • U.A. school festival
  • Pro hero
  • Joint training
  • Meta liberation army
  • Endeavor agency
Tvtropes has
  • Entrance exam
  • Battle trial
  • Unforeseen simulation joint
  • Sports festival
  • Hero killer
  • Final exams
  • School trip
  • Hideout raid
  • Internship
  • Remedial course
  • Culture festival
  • Pro hero
  • Joint training
  • Meta liberation army
  • Endeavor intern
I think of these the craziest is USJ because of the pun

The current arc name is alright too I suppose

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I dunno, iirc most of these are fan names. Tho there are times where jump names the arc like with Pro Hero
Yeah that one just sticks out to me because my villain academia was mentioned when leading into and out of that arc within the manga itself. Just feels like consensus ignored it to keep consistency

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If I wasn't reading this series, "Paranormal Liberation War" would be the most intriguing arc name out of those. I wish this series had more official arc names (and other manga in general, fan made arc names can be eh when it's not something as obvious as naming arcs after locations).

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
The spin off manga for Heroes Rising has been translated:

it focuses on Nines backstory:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

iQr321a.gif

Things are finally starting to heat up! The more Mirko the better I say. Looking at her dialogue I'm more and more certain she is cut from the same cloth as Bakugo. Loud and in your face but can back it up. It's no wonder I liker her so much. Gotta say, seeing the evil doctor actually thanking the nomus and thinking back on OfA fondly gives me mixed feelings. These guys are evil and should be treated as such, but its refreshing and reassuring seeing Hori continue to make everyone as three dimensional as possible.

Crust seems like a cool guy. A little dorky, but who isn't? I had forgotten about him tbh so I'm glad he's in this arc so I can form a more rounded opinion on him. His costume doesn't do it for me but his powers look awesome. As usual, art was on point this week. I hope the anime has its act together long before it reaches this point.

The Nomus all got unleashed, but I'm not worried at all. Doctor was lamenting the fact he didn't have more time and Mirko doesn't look the least but fazed. We'll see where things stand when Shiggy wakes up, but so far the heroes are taking this pretty easily. Of course things are gonna go sideways because they have to, but I'm even less worried about Hero society than I was before.

What will the villains do now? How long until the tables turn and Shigaraki awakens? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017

Things are finally starting to heat up! The more Mirko the better I say. Looking at her dialogue I'm more and more certain she is cut from the same cloth as Bakugo. Loud and in your face but can back it up. It's no wonder I liker her so much. Gotta say, seeing the evil doctor actually thanking the nomus and thinking back on OfA fondly gives me mixed feelings. These guys are evil and should be treated as such, but its refreshing and reassuring seeing Hori continue to make everyone as three dimensional as possible.

Crust seems like a cool guy. A little dorky, but who isn't? I had forgotten about him tbh so I'm glad he's in this arc so I can form a more rounded opinion on him. His costume doesn't do it for me but his powers look awesome. As usual, art was on point this week. I hope the anime has its act together long before it reaches this point.

Yeah, Hori goes out of the way to show how AfO cultivates loyalty in characters like Shigaraki, the doctor and gigantomachia. In the Tenko Shimura flashback, he held an umbrella over the doctor and let himself get wet lmao.

It's been a while since we've all seen Crust, so I compiled this image for anyone who wanted a refresher.

He's a big All Might fan and seems even more theatrical than most heroes. He's probably going to try and engage the Nomu's in some classic superheroic banter.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Really if you go with the framing that Shigaraki is going through a protagonist arc of his own it makes sense that the heroes are winning at the start here (the typical "bad guys do good at the start but heroes win in the end" we see in other media). I have no doubt they'll continue to do well until the anticipated turning point in the heroes favor. I predict soon we will move to another scene as the nomu fighting continues.

Edit: I just watched like an hour of the red carpet primere for the new movie. Every now and again they blind side you by referencing some meme and it's pretty cringe, but looks like a lot of fun

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Really if you go with the framing that Shigaraki is going through a protagonist arc of his own it makes sense that the heroes are winning at the start here (the typical "bad guys do good at the start but heroes win in the end" we see in other media). I have no doubt they'll continue to do well until the anticipated turning point in the heroes favor. I predict soon we will move to another scene as the nomu fighting continues.

Edit: I just watched like an hour of the red carpet primere for the new movie.
Yeah true, which is why I think it has to go bad. Or else there isn't a real conflict. The question is how bad

Speaking of the movie, that reminds me I need to get tickets. How are we handling the movie? Spoiler tags or should we just make a thread for it?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Oh it was just everyone talking about how much they love him because he's the "bad boy" type. I felt very lost cause I recognized none of the english cast
Ah, surface level stuff. He's not really a "bad boy" Thanks! Yeah the only movie premieres I watch live is Marvel stuff so I couldn't imagine lol

Fun fact: Anthony Mackie let the S word slip once live but played it off super smooth. Bob Iger was in earshot so it was even more impressive

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

iQr321a.gif

The Nomus all got unleashed, but I'm not worried at all. Doctor was lamenting the fact he didn't have more time and Mirko doesn't look the least but fazed. We'll see where things stand when Shiggy wakes up, but so far the heroes are taking this pretty easily. Of course things are gonna go sideways because they have to, but I'm even less worried about Hero society than I was before.

What will the villains do now? How long until the tables turn and Shigaraki awakens? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!
Ayyyy, welcome back man!

Status
Not open for further replies.