• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only way Ochako being the traitor works is if she initially did it (USJ and summer camp), but then felt regret and cut ties. I can't see her actively liking Deku and also actively working for the league of villains. That and her relationship with Toga would just be weird if they were on the same side.

The more I think about it, the less I like the theory. I would prefer Kaminari or even Hagakure to her.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am not a fan when someone want something to happen or not because of ships. This isn't a romance manga, so it is better for me to separate things. (Naruto fanbase made me dislike shipping in action manga forever unless it isnt in serious discussions )
If ochako ended up being the traitor then her awkward love with deku would become one of those "i fell in love with the one i was going to betray!!" and that would be ten times dumber and more boring.
That is kinda one of the reasons I am not fully onboard

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If Ochako is the traitor I doubt it would only be focused on the shipping aspect, Horikoshi
Would have to give her a good reason and it would be something that doesn't tie into Deku, she could still be a traitor in this period of the story since heroes do exist in the liberation army, and her being exposed as the traitor would have ramifications for the whole classroom, not just Deku
The only way Ochako being the traitor works is if she initially did it (USJ and summer camp), but then felt regret and cut ties. I can't see her actively liking Deku and also actively working for the league of villains. That and her relationship with Toga would just be weird if they were on the same side.

The more I think about it, the less I like the theory. I would prefer Kaminari or even Hagakure to her.
It would be interesting to see Toga and Ochako interact

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I've been rewatching random episodes and realized Toga still had Deku's blood which she hasn't used. That's probably really bad....

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Deku literally can't be the traitor. He's both the point of view character and the narrator. That M Night Shyamalan-esque twist only works at the very end of a work and you don't have to deal with the long term consequences. Plus, not only has Deku not been privy to the information needed for several of the attacks, he's known critical informal that the Villain League never took advantage of. There's no logical way Deku, Bakugo or All Might could ever be the traitor since they all know too much (as well as several other characters)

Uravity being the traitor is only good because SOMETHING HAPPENS WITH URAVITY. Any plot point that adds to Uravity's character would be great. Her current character has stagnated at "I have a crush on Deku" and literally anything would be better. She's not even a good candidate for the traitor; people just want something to happen with her

Sadly, the most likely, yet boring answer, is that the traitor isn't one of the class 1A students. Which sucks, because it makes the entire traitor plotline useless. The reveal is only impactful if it's one of the students in Deku's class

And finally... It's crazy how 2 of the biggest Shonen Jump series have had the same Traitor plotline for years now. It'll be interesting to see how each wraps up in about 10 more years

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pop is evil now.
And she has dark skin.

Why.
Why why why why why why why
I hate this trope as well, but are we sure this is the case in this instance? She seems to be the same skin tone as the other dude in the shot, who we know isn't tan. I thought it was a lighting thing since they are supposed to be shrouded in darkness at the top of an unlit building in this shot. She has the same skin tone as last chapter where she was in a dark room.

iOaZckX.png
cRgwlb6.png

Or maybe my eyes are just failing me. I legit can't tell.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh shit, that's just about the last thing I expected from Vigilantes, but hell, I'm down to see where this goes.

Weird that evil Pop looks aged up, but I assume that's reflective of how she would want Koichi to see her.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for the performance now. I was worried that they would somehow get around having actual singing but looks like that was a dumb worry.

Also are we on pace for the Pro Hero arc or nah?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, this episode reminded me that Oji Harima was a villain that was teased at the same level of Destro/AFO. Wonder when they'll get to that. I sure as shit hope he won't be assimilated by PLF.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
No need to do Pro Hero Arc when this season will end with the best battle in the series
Truth, plus the performance can be well done too. And next season can open with the pro hero arc which is about as good an opener as you can ask for. And it's definitely better than just opening with joint training which as we all know has very mixed opinions surrounding it lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, saving the pro hero arc for next season is probably for the best. The Gentle fight and the performance can get more love, and the pro hero arc can start the next season with a bang (as well as having Endeavor's entire arc in one season)

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 72
Think I'll take a break from this series for now and pick it up if I start hearing good things. Which probably just means when Knuckle duster rejoins and this love triangle (which segued into a kidnap brainwashing?) thing ends.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when other characters would join Deku in the sign off at the end of an episode? That was nice.
It was used to cool effect with Shiggy during the Stain arc.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
With this pacing the cultural festival ends on episode 23 leaving one episode for the hero billboard chart and one episode for filler unless they want to go chronological and do a My Villain Academia episode

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
They'll likely just extend the culture festival. It's the best place to put filler. Hell the filler practically makes itself lol

Also I like how the anime is being more open about Gentle's quirk without fully revealing it. I remember their jump from the ground to the building top in the manga and their jump isn't shown, but upon rereading I was like "oh that's how they got up there".

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Today's episode was neat
With this pacing the cultural festival ends on episode 23 leaving one episode for the hero billboard chart and one episode for filler unless they want to go chronological and do a My Villain Academia episode
I think they'll tease High End for one episode. I think we're getting two pro hero eps

Status
Not open for further replies.