• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
C6laB1q.jpg

Welcome to the second My Hero Academia OT! Have fun and join the discussions on the popular anime/manga series taking the world by storm!

RULES
  • This OT is for discussion of all things My Hero Academia, that includes the anime, manga, movie, games, etc.
  • Manga discussion does not require spoiler tags unless it's regarding a chapter that has not yet been released in English. Any discussion (such as reactions) pertaining to an unreleased chapter must be tagged as spoilers.
  • Scanlation sites cannot be mentioned, nor can their works (when watermarked) be posted. Only post manga images if they do not include watermarks.
  • Posting fan art is encouraged, but do so with a source.
  • NSFW and/or overly-suggestive content is prohibited.
SYNOPSIS
Set in the distant future where 80% of the population are born with "quirks," society now revolves around these super powers and the "Heroes" who use them for good and the "Villains" who cause chaos and destruction with them. My Hero Academia follows the story of Izuku Midoriya, a quirkless child whose dream is to be a Pro Hero like his idol All Might, the #1 Hero and Symbol of Peace.

CHARACTERS

Gkt5qMn.jpg

Name: Izuku Midoriya
Hero Name: Deku
Quirk: One For All
A hero-loving nerd and the current wielder of One For All. His unshakingly heroic nature inspired All Might in the past, resulting in the latter choosing him as his successor. Now well on his way towards his dream of becoming the #1 hero, Midoriya recently uncovered new information from One For All and his predecessors: They live on inside him and allow him to access their quirks. He is currently training himself to improve both his usage of One For All as well as Black Whip, one of his predecessors' quirks. With the second round of work studies, Todoroki invited him and Bakugo to join him to work under Endeavor, the current #1 hero.

N3nKh7B.jpg

Name: Katsuki Bakugo
Hero Name: N/A
Quirk: Explosion

A very skilled and talented, but rude and aggressive classmate of Midoriya. Former childhood friends, his once unhealthy relationship with Midoriya slowly heals as the two strive towards their shared goal of becoming the #1 hero. Learning many lessons throughout his first year in U.A., Bakugo has become a formidable hero-in-training who now understands the importance of not only winning, but of saving others as well. Having now acquired his provisional hero license, Bakugo is finally partaking in a work study under the #1 hero Endeavor in order to identify what he's still lacking in to become the strongest hero.

XxSDfgg.jpg

Name: Shoto Todoroki
Hero Name: Shoto
Quirk: Half-Hot Half-Cold

Blessed with a powerful quirk, Todoroki entered U.A. as one of 1-A's two recommended students. Once cold and aloof, Midoriya helped Todoroki overcome his personal issues during the sports festival, allowing him to open up to others and accept the left half of his quirk. He invited Midoriya and Bakugo to join him at Endeavor's agency as part of their work study. While his father is slowly attempting to mend their strained relationship, Shoto wants no part of that--at least while they're working. He is simply using the work study under Endeavor as a means of reaching his goal of becoming someone worthy of the title "hero," like his idol All Might.

DLBpqYC.jpg

Name: Enji Todoroki
Hero Name: Endeavor
Quirk: Hellflame
The current #1 hero and father to Shoto, his unfriendly and aggressive behavior made him unpopular despite having the highest number of solved cases among all the heroes. Abusing his family in the past but now acknowledging his mistakes, he is currently working towards becoming a better person and hero, one worthy of the title "Symbol of Peace." Realizing the dire nature they've found themselves in after deciphering Hawks' secret message, he is hard at work personally training Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki.

UFe3UlZ.jpg

Name: Keigo Takami
Hero Name: Hawks
Quirk: Fierce Wings
The #2 hero, nicknamed "the man who goes too fast" due to his literal speed and the speed at which he climbed the hero rankings at such a young age. A lifelong fan of Endeavor, he is secretly working as a spy for the Paranormal Liberation Front in an attempt to aide the heroes under the orders of the Japanese government. While the PLF's surveillance have made it more difficult for him to pass along information, he's made efforts to secretly inform Endeavor of the enemy's forces and their plans.

E21afEn.jpg

Name: Toshinori Yagi
Hero Name: All Might
Quirk: (former) One For All
The former #1 hero and Symbol of Peace, he retired after his decisive battle with All For One in Kamino three months ago. Despite no longer being able to perform his hero duties, he works towards creating a brighter future for hero society by teaching the next generation of heroes. In secret, he mentors Midoriya and trains him to become his successor as a future Symbol of Peace.

G6nlGRf.jpg

Name: Tomura Shigaraki
Villain Name: N/A
Quirk: Decay
The former leader of the infamous League of Villains and successor to All For One. Shigaraki's tragic past resulted in a twisted mind that desires the destruction of everything. After being challenged by the Meta Liberation Army, Shigaraki took his League of Villains to Deika City to rescue their broker Giran. Along the way, Shigaraki recovered memories of his past and his Decay returned to its full power, allowing him to destroy a vast majority of the city and toppling the MLA. Now as the commander general of the newly formed Paranormal Liberation Front, Shigaraki is undergoing a hellish procedure to gain more power.

ACY8vU6.jpg

Name: Rikiya Yotsubashi
Villain Name: Re-Destro
Quirk: Stress

The CEO of Detnerat, a lifestyle support company, and the former commander general of the Meta Liberation Army. A man who's dedicated his life to upholding the values of his father, the famed leader of the original Meta Liberation Army, Destro. Yotsubashi fiercely believes in the liberation of society, to allow them the freedom to use their quirks as they see fit. He challenged the League of Villains in order to destroy them. However, he not only failed to do so but was inspired by Shigaraki's power, deeming him as someone who is truly liberated. Stepping down as the commander general of the MLA, he and Shigaraki merged their two organizations into the Paranormal Liberation Front.

CURRENT ARC
Endeavor Agency Arc (241 - current)

idZ3gDB.jpg

A second round of work studies begin as the Hero Public Safety Commission pressure U.A. and other schools into readying their students for the future, to serve as a back up heroes for when the villains attack again. Unlike the first round, every student is seen participating, forming groups and working under various heroes as well as students from other schools in some cases. Among these groups are Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki, who have chosen to work under the #1 hero Endeavor.

RECENT ARCS
Meta Liberation Army Arc (218 - 240)

Ke0ZGNG.jpg

Shigaraki and his League of Villains are going about their business, struggling to find resources and figure out what to do next when they are contacted by Ujiko, All For One's doctor. They learn about Gigantomachia and attempt to tame him for weeks until they are interrupted by the Meta Liberation Army, a group of would-be civilians, businessmen, and politicians, secretly carrying out the will of Destro. An epic clash ensues between the two groups as the League attempts to rescue Giran, their broker, who the MLA have kidnapped in order to goad the League into battle so that they may destroy them.

Joint Training Arc (194 - 217)

jbxABat.jpg

Winter has come to U.A. and with it comes new hero uniforms and lessons. Classes 1-A and 1-B undergo a joint training exercise in which teams of four to five students battle each other. Hitoshi Shinso of U.A.'s general studies course joins the two classes as a guest participant, undertaking the exam himself to determine whether he has what it takes to join the hero course or not. Meanwhile, a mysterious new power awakens within One For All!

Pro Heroes Arc (184 - 193)

ZpyPItT.jpg

In his first time as the official new #1 hero, Endeavor teams-up with #2 hero Hawks to investigate rumors of Nomu sightings at Kyushu. What started off as an ordinary day quickly goes south as the top two pro heroes are attacked by a brand new breed of Nomu: High-End. The new #1 hero is pushed beyond his limits as he goes Plus Ultra to defeat one of the deadliest threats the heroes have faced in the entire series.

ANIME

SEASON 1
Episode Count: 13
Manga Coverage: Ch. 1 - 21

Gygth6l.jpg

SEASON 2
Episode Count: 25
Manga Coverage: Ch. 21 - 70

3gXnqIP.jpg

Additional Note/s: The second season features one anime-original episode (32) covering the internship experiences of some of 1-A's students, with a particular focus on Froppy.

SEASON 3
Manga Coverage: Ch. 70 - 124

dt5cAw3.jpg

Additional Note/s: The third season features two anime-original episodes (39 and 58), the former of which serves as a recap episode, as well as taking ideas from chapter 49.5 of the manga. Episode 58 is a special charity episode that includes a small tie-in to the movie at the very end. In addition to episodes 39 and 58, episode 55 contains anime original content for majority of its runtime.

SEASON 4 (CURRENTLY AIRING)
Manga Coverage: 125 - N/A

VQwhtYA.jpg

Crunchyroll (subbed) Link
Funimation (dubbed) Link

MOVIES

75DKCDm.png

My Hero Academia: Two Heroes is a canon film set between the events of seasons 2 and 3. It features majority of class 1-A and introduces brand new characters tied to All Might as the film explores his backstory.

Alongside the film, a special "Volume: Origin" book was released. It features interviews, character concepts, special illustrations, as well as a one-shot chapter titled "All Might: Rising." While only available as a limited release in Japan. In the West, VIZ Media released "All Might: Rising" as a free chapter online.

Alongside "All Might: Rising," another special movie one-shot was released, titled "There's always someone out there who's someone else's hero." It serves as a prequel to the movie, telling the story of Melissa Shield, the daughter of All Might's trusted friend David Shield. The one-shot was written and illustrated by Kyoko Akiyama.

pW1Fsdd.jpg

A second film, My Hero Academia - Heroes: Rising, is set to premiere on December 20th, 2019. Once again, Horikoshi will be heavily involved with the movie, creating character designs and lending overall supervision. It will be set during winter and follows 1-A's students as they work on a project to help the next generation of heroes. The film's central villain is "Nine," a mysterious figure who has very briefly appeared in the manga and wields an extremely dangerous quirk.

OFFICIAL RELEASES

(JP) Volume 24: All It Takes Is One Bad Day (225 - 235)
ON SALE NOW

Zx2nzCa.jpg

(US) Volume 21: Why He Gets Back Up (189 - 200)
ON SALE NOW

3Yc2Z9j.jpg

(US) Volume 22: That Which is Inherited (201 - 212)
Release Date: December 3, 2019

pL8HSQi.jpg

(US) My Hero Academia School Briefs III (Light Novel)
ON SALE NOW

RpCjl5a.jpg

OTHER MEDIA

BRlsH0d.png
wppdk8T.jpg

• My Hero Academia: Vigilantes is a spin-off manga series written by Hideyuki Furuhashi and illustrated by Betten Court. It is set before the events of My Hero Academia and features original characters, as well as characters from the main series such as Ingenium and All Might. The entire series is available digitally, for free, on VIZ Media's website.[/B][/B]
  • My Hero Academia: School Briefs is a series of light novels written by Ann Takahashi and illustrated by Kohei Horikoshi. The first volume is about interactions between the students at the start of the school year. The second is set during the summer training camp, while the third features stories from their time since staying at Heights Academy, the U.A. on-campus dormitories.
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice is the series' console/PC game debut. It released worldwide on October 26th for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
  • My Hero Academia Smash!! is a spin-off gag manga by Hirofumi Neda. It concluded in November 2017 with a total of five volumes.
  • My Hero Academia Smash Rising is a mobile gacha game currently only available in Japanese. The former (when it was still called Smash Tap) subreddit has a handy guide on how to play the original game for non-Japanese speakers.
  • My Heroine Academia (unofficial title) or Watashi no Hero Academia, is a new spin-off gag manga by Horikoshi's assistant and the mangaka behind Saguri-chan Tankentai, Kyoko Akiyama. As of chapter 207 of the main series, there have been three chapters.
  • My Hero Academia: Team Up Mission is a new spin-off manga set after the events of Two Heroes. It follows Midoriya and his classmates as they work alongside pro heroes on missions. Similar to the above spin-off series, Team Up Mission is by Kyoko Akiyama.
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice 2 is an upcoming PS4, PC, Switch, Xbox title slated for a 2020 release. It will cover at least the Yakuza arc of the anime and features new characters such as Lemillion, Overhaul, Mina Ashido, and Minoru Mineta.

OFFICIAL LINKS
Digital Chapters (Shonen Jump)
Subbed Anime (Crunchyroll)
Dubbed Anime (Funimation)

ONLINE RETAILERS
Manga Volumes (VIZ Media)
Manga Volumes (Comixology)
Manga Volumes (Amazon)
Vigilantes (VIZ Media)
Vigilantes (Comixology)
Vigilantes (Amazon)

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This OT is so beautiful!!!
giphy.gif

Great job! Title is a 10/10 too.
Looking forward to discussing this manga more with all of you.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if Hot Take not not: I hope Deku's team loses against Monoma.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck. Made some mistakes. Gonna fix that later.
Holy shit bunkitz someone has been busy
Alternatively: Someone has not had anything to do at work because the marketing team still doesn't have the files someone needs.

Just kidding. Kinda. Maybe. 50-50.
I wish kirishima or kaminari made it in to the first post. Sad.
Don't worry, I'll continuously update the OP, so if they become relevant again, I'll add them!
Not a hot take, I think. I'm on the same boat as you.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Shoto team wins.
Bakugo lose.
Something unexpected happens during Deku's fight and it stops early.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, glad so many people agree. Time for Deku to get an L. Not sure about Todoroki and Bakugou. I would be pleasantly surprised if they both won. It's been a while for them chapterwise.

That is what you're saying to me rn

Gotta have sacrifices sometimes.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like Mina, but I want Deku to lose and Monoma to win way too much for me to cheer her on.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Great job on the OT! That new thread smell.

Nope, that's a common sentiment. I've been saying Deku's team is gonna lose since this arc started. Not because I want Deku too, but if Shinso is responsible for both teams he's on getting their victory it'll solidify his acceptance into the Hero course.

There'll be slight drama as to which class he'll pick, but we all know it's gonna be 1-A. You say that'll make 1-A unbalanced, but I'll just conveniently forget Mineta exists until necessary

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think Bakugo or Todoroki should, Deku already got blasted in the tournament
Why he needs a loss? Deku always loses when it isn't against villains
but if Shinso is responsible for both teams he's on getting their victory it'll solidify his acceptance into the Hero course.
Shinso is already in imo, if anything he should lose to show that he still isn't up there with the rest

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, that's a common sentiment. I've been saying Deku's team is gonna lose since this arc started. Not because I want Deku too, but if Shinso is responsible for both teams he's on getting their victory it'll solidify his acceptance into the Hero course.
Now I'm afraid Shinso's team will lose and they'll be like "Well...the kid won with A and lost with B...he's going to A".
If that's how it's gotta be for him to join A then so be it but I want him to win both and then he joins A for some other reason. (Like being his mentor's class)

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

But Deku already wins when it matters. Recently in fact. Todoroki and Bakugou got dealt a heavy loss with the exam especially. Also want to see Monoma as a legit threat. He's got a cool ability and is super smart.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But Deku already wins when it matters. Recently in fact. Todoroki and Bakugou got dealt a heavy loss with the exam especially. Also want to see Monoma as a legit threat. He's got a cool ability and is super smart.
Bakugo won against deku just after that, he doesn't need to win here
Todoroki needs the win more I agree, specially since his loss was way worse than Bakugo with the whole thing with Inasa
Anyway, Deku always loses in trainings it is getting boring, his only wins was against bakugo in the first time and he didn't even win the 1vs1 and against All Mightin the exam
Outside that he was last in the physical test, lost to todoroki in tournament, tripped in the mobilty test, and lost to Bakugo. Deku needs to show he can win when there isn't anything serious in the line
He is, just in the last chapter he immediately recognized Tokoyami's mistake

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Shinso is already in imo, if anything he should lose to show that he still isn't up there with the rest

I'm not sure exactly how Kohei is gonna work it, but I think Deku can still come out looking good even if his team loses.

It's also possible that Shinso might have a countermeasure ready for Deku. He has lost to him once already. I can see him trying to get into Deku's head, maybe making his need to be heroic into a liability.

Now I'm afraid Shinso's team will lose and they'll be like "Well...the kid won with A and lost with B...he's going to A".
If that's how it's gotta be for him to join A then so be it but I want him to win both and then he joins A for some other reason. (Like being his mentor's class)

Maybe Shinso wins both but decides on 1-A because he likes them better, lol. Deku, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Tsu have been pretty kind to him and treated him like a regular guy, which I think is something he really appreciates.

I don't get that same vibe from 1-B in regards to Shinso, but that's just me

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Monoma in terms of combat ability is smart, but outside he's not since he failed his exam before the training camp.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's also possible that Shinso might have a countermeasure ready for Deku. He has lost to him once already. I can see him trying to get into Deku's head, maybe making his need to be heroic into a liability.
Deku will be the one with a countermeasure not Shinso, Shinso isn't aware of deku new skills and deku saw his first fight
Monoma in terms of combat ability is smart, but outside he's not since he failed his exam before the training camp.
He probably lost because of other reasons, remember sero lost and that wasn't because he is dumb or something

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
He probably lost because of other reasons, remember sero lost and he isn't dumb
Eh I don't think that's a good measurement. Sero and Kirishima failed I don't consider them dumb in similar ways and they lost for different reasons.
Oops, for some reason I was thinking they all failed the written exam, I completely forgot about the fight. Disregard what I just said.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Deku will be the one with a countermeasure not Shinso, Shinso isn't aware of deku new skills and deku saw his first fight

I'm sure Deku will have a plan, but I doubt Shinso is gonna go up against Deku unprepared. I think he'll have something, a move or a strategy, ready to go that is specific to Deku. More than likely a strategy for keeping him distracted, seeing as there's no way he can beat Deku in a fight.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Monoma besides being a petty joke is shown to be smart and observant and apparently him and Kendo are the leaders of B

He's probably useless I'm combat but like Kendo will come up with a decent strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.