• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'm thinking he has a quirk like the Ketsubutsu student that could harden objects, except way better.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if it was pizza crust. You could call his ultimate move Pizza Time
cAUdN1c.gif

i'm in

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
That pussy shot was super unnecessary and reminded of how Kubo drew Yoruichi at the lowest of his career before the Manga died. Just distasteful.

That aside I'm loving to see another woman doing work in this series. Hori is treating them pretty well since last arc. That said, she's likely suffering the most gruesome death we have ever seen in a mainstream Manga. Hori is clearly trying to change the entire series' tone with this arc.

Oct 31, 2017

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Garaki "Empty/Husk Tree"
Kyudai "Round Big"

So Horikoshi kept the shigaraki and wood referencend 球大 Kyudai sounds the same as 九代 (Kyudai) "ninth" like how Midoriya is the ninth holder of OFA and how he made Nine, there has to be some connection with Izuku in all this

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
That pussy shot was super unnecessary and reminded of how Kubo drew Yoruichi at the lowest of his career before the Manga died. Just distasteful.

That aside I'm loving to see another woman doing work in this series. Hori is treating them pretty well since last arc. That said, she's likely suffering the most gruesome death we have ever seen in a mainstream Manga. Hori is clearly trying to change the entire series' tone with this arc.
Which shot are you referring to?

also are you talking about thunder cat Yoruichi? Cuz yeah that shit is pretty disgraceful lol

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably this one.

EQWMvPDU0AAEblF

I was arguing with a friend yesterday about this. He was saying this was fairy tail-level fanservice.
I don't agree at all, the shot's fine.
I'm guessing the biggest problem is the crease in the crotch of her uniform being exactly where her... would be.

Garaki "Empty/Husk Tree"
Kyudai "Round Big"

So Horikoshi kept the shigaraki and wood referencend 球大 Kyudai sounds the same as 九代 (Kyudai) "ninth" like how Midoriya is the ninth holder of OFA and how he made Nine, there has to be some connection with Izuku in all this
Yeah, he's Izuku's doctor who told him he was quirkless. Though some people think Izuku had his quirk stolen from him.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The scene in particular doesn't bother me but I'd say the fact that her costume is essentially a leotard with no leggings, it can draw attention there.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably this one.

EQWMvPDU0AAEblF

I was arguing with a friend yesterday about this. He was saying this was fairy tail-level fanservice.

Everything is fine if you like the series itself. Mineta is fine too.

/jk

Obvious fanservice by Hori like with that Momo shot the chapter before that. This one here is on Fairy Tail level yeah. In the end Hero Academia is just another Shounen for horny young people here and there too.

Anyone saying anything else should check out Twitter when that spoiler pic of her appeared and how she is admired in the MHA subreddit too (for this fanservice shot), but people see what they want to see and it's fine. :P

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao, I didn't even realize people were thirsting over Mirko because of that shot, I was swooning over the savage barrage of attacks she did. This is the first time we're seeing a martial arts type of character attack on this level (All Might is a melee fighter but I'd hardly call him a martial artist, he's definitely more of a brawler, whereas Mirko's displayed great finesse and agility here more akin to a martial artist) and it's wicked cool to see. I've also no problems with the way she was drawn there, it looks fine to me. Anatomically, it looks great, and we're not seeing some painful looking twists and turns of the human body to make her look more "appealing" somehow, nor is it something disgusting like Mashima's blatant fan service in Fairy Tail which always draws the viewer's attention on purpose. FT would be incomparable to this where, to me at least, the attention is drawn to her leg and the path of destruction she carved. I'm still trying to figure out how she went about it too... Like, after the first loop, if you just keep going, you'll end up to her last spot, so it can't be that, but the other directions she could have gone would have meant her making mid-air twists? It would be insanely impressive if that's what she did because she clearly still kept her explosive momentum. OHH. WAIT. She must've kicked off of the wall where her path split! Okay, that makes sense now, lol. But then... does she just essentially retrace her path to go to where she ends up??

(Air quotes on "appealing" above cause most of the time I end up cringing at weirdly proportioned characters twisting around and bending to inhuman degrees for sexy points. I rarely ever see the appeal of those. Hmm. This reminds me of that weird Spider-Woman cover...)

Anyway, still, I suppose I can see why some would take issue with it. That's fine. Comparing it (or anything else Horikoshi's done for that matter) to Fairy Tail sounds whack to me though.

On the other topic, I'm surprised at how quickly they updated the doctor's name. "Garaki" doesn't have as nice of a ring as "Shiga," but no complaints here of course. Apparently the kanji are 殻木 球大 which is not at all what I immediately thought of when I saw "Kyudai." I foolishly thought it was 九大 which would have been kinda awful because the two kanji there would each be one stroke away from the original 丸太.
I can't wait for Hori to introduce a villain with an orgasm quirk that only works on non virgins
You know, I was happy living the rest of my life having forgotten that. Why'd you do that, man? Why'd you do it??

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wait what

that happened?????

fairytail.fandom.com

Larcade Dragneel

Larcade Dragneel (ラーケイド・ドラグニル Rākeido Doraguniru) was an Etherious, and a part of the Alvarez Empire as a member of the Spriggan 12: the protection guard of Emperor Spriggan. As the White Dragneel (白きドラグニル Shiro Doraguniru) within the Empire, he was the third strongest member of the Spriggan 12...

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, you only learned about it now? I dodnt even read Fairy Tail but back then I did read the chapter to confirm the madness, and yeah it happenned

Same here. I couldn't believe it so i had to see it. Same with that spiderman comic where mary jane dies because of the radioactive semen of peter.

There's some fucking dumb shit in the medium, lmao.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you only learned about it now? I dodnt even read Fairy Tail but back then I did read the chapter to confirm the madness, and yeah it happenned

I stopped reading Fairy Tail when something big happened and I realized I no longer gave a shit. I honestly didn't hear anyone talk about it since.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine it's this one:
Probably this one.

EQWMvPDU0AAEblF

the pose is fine, it's the costume that's the problem. If she was wearing pants nobody would complain. It's actually a very dynamic drawing.

i agree it's nowhere on the same level as fairy tail, which has some of the most egregious fanservice I've seen

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm not really on the thirst train here but damn shes badass. I really like the way hori drew the leg to bend unrealistically at the end to show shits about to get beat

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Fairy Tale looked like trash to me from the jump. What I'm hearing makes me glad I never got into it
It was decent for a while , there are a few good arcs earlier on and then it completely goes to shit. It's also just pretty generic as far as shonen goes, and every arc ends the same exact way. Probably one of the most mediocre manga I've ever read. Dunno how I kept up with it every week lol.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Lmao, I didn't even realize people were thirsting over Mirko because of that shot, I was swooning over the savage barrage of attacks she did. This is the first time we're seeing a martial arts type of character attack on this level (All Might is a melee fighter but I'd hardly call him a martial artist, he's definitely more of a brawler, whereas Mirko's displayed great finesse and agility here more akin to a martial artist) and it's wicked cool to see. I've also no problems with the way she was drawn there, it looks fine to me. Anatomically, it looks great, and we're not seeing some painful looking twists and turns of the human body to make her look more "appealing" somehow, nor is it something disgusting like Mashima's blatant fan service in Fairy Tail which always draws the viewer's attention on purpose. FT would be incomparable to this where, to me at least, the attention is drawn to her leg and the path of destruction she carved. I'm still trying to figure out how she went about it too... Like, after the first loop, if you just keep going, you'll end up to her last spot, so it can't be that, but the other directions she could have gone would have meant her making mid-air twists? It would be insanely impressive if that's what she did because she clearly still kept her explosive momentum. OHH. WAIT. She must've kicked off of the wall where her path split! Okay, that makes sense now, lol. But then... does she just essentially retrace her path to go to where she ends up??

(Air quotes on "appealing" above cause most of the time I end up cringing at weirdly proportioned characters twisting around and bending to inhuman degrees for sexy points. I rarely ever see the appeal of those. Hmm. This reminds me of that weird Spider-Woman cover...)

Anyway, still, I suppose I can see why some would take issue with it. That's fine. Comparing it (or anything else Horikoshi's done for that matter) to Fairy Tail sounds whack to me though.

On the other topic, I'm surprised at how quickly they updated the doctor's name. "Garaki" doesn't have as nice of a ring as "Shiga," but no complaints here of course. Apparently the kanji are 殻木 球大 which is not at all what I immediately thought of when I saw "Kyudai." I foolishly thought it was 九大 which would have been kinda awful because the two kanji there would each be one stroke away from the original 丸太.

You know, I was happy living the rest of my life having forgotten that. Why'd you do that, man? Why'd you do it??
You remember Larcade's magic too? Yeah...that was.....something...

It was decent for a while , there are a few good arcs earlier on and then it completely goes to shit. It's also just pretty generic as far as shonen goes, and every arc ends the same exact way. Probably one of the most mediocre manga I've ever read. Dunno how I kept up with it every week lol.

I watched it all and despite how heavily flawed it is, I really enjoy it nonetheless. All the Fairy Tail Hate is kinda making me feel ashamsed?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
You remember Larcade's magic too? Yeah...that was.....something...

I watched it all and despite how heavily flawed it is, I really enjoy it nonetheless. All the Fairy Tail Hate is kinda making me feel ashamsed?
Don't feel ashamed, I don't particularly like it that much but I'd never tell anyone who likes it that they shouldn't. It definitely has a lot of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.