• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched it all and despite how heavily flawed it is, I really enjoy it nonetheless. All the Fairy Tail Hate is kinda making me feel ashamsed?
Don't ever feel ashamed because you like something (unless it's illegal or actively harms people). People who dislike something are always going to exist.

Life's way too big to be feeling ashamed over liking a particular Japanese comic book and cartoon.

AkaiShiki

Dec 28, 2019
I just realized that the bunny ears on Deku's costume are also a way to foreshadow the fact that Mirko will become his teacher.
Horikoshi you madman.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that the bunny ears on Deku's costume are also a way to foreshadow the fact that Mirko will become his teacher.
Horikoshi you madman.
I think Horikoshi just likes rabbits, the main character of Oumagadoki was rabbit, Deku is a rabbit, and All Might has rabbit ears for his hair

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PUH-PUH-PUH
tenor.gif

AkaiShiki

Dec 28, 2019
I think Horikoshi just likes rabbits, the main character of Oumagadoki was rabbit, Deku is a rabbit, and All Might has rabbit ears for his hair

Oh I know I know...
It's just that I want Mirko to train Deku so much that I try to convince myself that it's going to happen.
( Even though it won't, who am I kidding ?)

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Bunkitz! Amazing Spider-Man #39 was great! Basically a sequel to "My Dinner with JJJ" from PPSSM #6, I was laughing out loud the whole issue. Really choice dialogue:

"Excuse? Are you kidding me?! What's your excuse?! You were a lousy publisher, an even worse mayor, and I have not ONCE seen you tip!"

"Here's an idea. If you want the public to like you, maybe knock it off with the jokes! You think Captain America needs a laugh track to do his job?!"

X-men #6 came out today too and it was mind blowing. Dips back into some HoX/Pox stuff and it was just magnificent. Haven't had a chance to read the new X-Force yet and I'm behind on Excalibur but they came out today

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Bunkitz! Amazing Spider-Man #39 was great! Basically a sequel to "My Dinner with JJJ" from PPSSM #6, I was laughing out loud the whole issue. Really choice dialogue:

"Excuse? Are you kidding me?! What's your excuse?! You were a lousy publisher, an even worse mayor, and I have not ONCE seen you tip!"

"Here's an idea. If you want the public to like you, maybe knock it off with the jokes! You think Captain America needs a laugh track to do his job?!"

X-men #6 came out today too and it was mind blowing. Dips back into some HoX/Pox stuff and it was just magnificent. Haven't had a chance to read the new X-Force yet and I'm behind on Excalibur but they came out today
Is there any news on kindred?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Give up anticipating the direct and it will just pop up one day as a pleasant surprise. A watched pot never boils, as they always say.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have enough experience as a Nintendo fan to never expect anything
Damiani in the last Easy Allies videos hammers it down in the best way, the fanbase always overhypes and get burned.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The manga will be on break next week.
(Likely just as part of a break rotation across a few series in the past few weeks rather than because of the recent controversy)
I have enough experience as a Nintendo fan to never expect anything
Damiani in the last Easy Allies videos hammers it down in the best way, the fanbase always overhypes and get burned.
Yup and yup. Until a Direct is announced, don't worry about it (and even then, one got delayed after being announced once because of an earthquake).

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That original tweet was some prime bait. Either way I'm still concerned. She better make it out of here alive.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really, REALLY not a fan of these goddamn giant gloves the author keeps re-introducing every now and then at each of Midorya's costume redesigns.
I definitely preferred when (for a brief time) he started using long bracers and his hands didn't look so disproportionate and goofy.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I think we are due for another heroes vs villains color spread with all the pro heroes vs the PLF

also one of the things I really appreciate about the volume covers for this series is there's no real set structure for how they're done. While that means sometimes we do get really trash covers, at the same time this series has some of the best shonen volume covers within the past few years imo

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The death flags are too obvious. I don't buy it.

(Or maybe I just don't want to buy it)

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Apparently the manga will be on break for next week's chapter. It's a planned break from some time ago and not related to the recent events with Horikoshi and the overseas fans.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, Team Up Mission's getting a volume release too! Which means, hopefully, VIZ will pick it up in the future too like they did with Smash!! and the light novels.

EQpxTX_VUAIyol3.jpg

Akiyama's depiction of the characters make them all look cute while still remaining faithful to Horikoshi's style.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Also, is Hori really being harassed over character's bdays on twitter or is it just being blown out of proportion?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Also, is Hori really being harassed over character's bdays on twitter or is it just being blown out of proportion?
Blown out of proportion, the accounts that started that birthday shit where fake accounts with that as their only tweets, this "controversy" has only gotten attention from the response against it

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Blown out of proportion, the accounts that started that birthday shit where fake accounts with that as their only tweets, this "controversy" has only gotten attention from the response against it
Yeah, on twitter, there are really dumb takes but I feel like fans there give these takes too much attention and make it seem like there is a whole hoard of them when there isn't

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, on twitter, there are really dumb takes but I feel like fans there give these takes too much attention and make it seem like there is a whole hoard of them when there isn't
Yeah it seems like a majority of all of MHA "controversies" start with someone with like 30 followers making a bad take then someone with a bigger following qoutes it while generalizing the fandom itself

Status
Not open for further replies.