• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Blown out of proportion, the accounts that started that birthday shit where fake accounts with that as their only tweets, this "controversy" has only gotten attention from the response against it
I wouldn't say it is only the response against it because I have seen some believing this
Same thing with Kyudai

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
It's the same thing when folks said twitter was whining about how Hori drew Miruko when it was just one person with a stupid take

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I do think all of this affected Horikoshi. He started doing art more frequently lately but it stopped.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I do think all of this affected Horikoshi. He started doing art more frequently lately but it stopped.
*Few nobodies on Twitter making mild complaints about something*
TWITTER OUTRAGE MOB GONE WILD
SJWS TRIGGERED OVER JAPANESE COMIC FOR KIDS
You really think so? I think he was just doing the art for the movie

On that note, some of the complaints are mild but they single out the really dumb hot takes and try to smear it. Like they're just cringy at worst but you know folks gotta fear monger

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
You really think so? I think he was just doing the art for the movie

On that note, some of the complaints are mild but they single out the really dumb hot takes and try to smear it. Like they're just cringy at worst but you know folks gotta fear monger
I think Hori posted non mha art for a while but i can't remember

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Had a thought, how long do you think this arc is going to end up being? - because i can honestly see this arc being the longest arc in the series

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Had a thought, how long do you think this arc is going to end up being? - because i can honestly see this arc being the longest arc in the series
I can see this being a arc that connects to another arc, like how camp arc went straight into Kamino and how both could be consider one arc

With how many characters are involved it should be the longest arc yet still but I don't see it being one big battle

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see this lasting until at least next year. Or this is the start of a bunch of mini arcs related to each other.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's funny that the birthday thing is blowing up because I'm pretty sure it was just a joke and no one is actually harassing anyone, people just think it's happening cause people keep spreading word about it.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
It's funny that the birthday thing is blowing up because I'm pretty sure it was just a joke and no one is actually harassing anyone, people just think it's happening cause people keep spreading word about it.
Yeah, that's what I think too. I mean, people need to stop spreading the crappy takes around. Just ignore them.

Also, who knows how long this arc could be. It has so many plotlines honestly

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I don't want a really long arc only because it's obvious Hori's style work best in small chunks. Seeing people dump on the flashbacks in the yakuza arc is telling because those flashbacks are practically Hori's MO, but when they're all put together like that it becomes very apparent how he relies on them and that they break up flow (weirdly they didn't in VS Gentle) They're not bad flashbacks really, but back to back to back to back got tiring. If we're heading into a long arc I hope he knows to make sure every character that does something notable doesn't need a flashback.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want a really long arc only because it's obvious Hori's style work best in small chunks. Seeing people dump on the flashbacks in the yakuza arc is telling because those flashbacks are practically Hori's MO, but when they're all put together like that it becomes very apparent how he relies on them and that they break up flow (weirdly they didn't in VS Gentle) They're not bad flashbacks really, but back to back to back to back got tiring. If we're heading into a long arc I hope he knows to make sure every character that does something notable doesn't need a flashback.
Thing is that they've been building up to this for the whole manga. I'm not sure how you do this heroes vs villain war in a short arc and have it be satisfying. Only way I can think is to break it up into smaller arcs, but even then, that's just technicalities.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Thing is that they've been building up to this for the whole manga. I'm not sure how you do this heroes vs villain war in a short arc and have it be satisfying. Only way I can think is to break it up into smaller arcs, but even then, that's just technicalities.
Yeah, and really the Yakuza arc is really long relative to this series because it needed so much exposition. Hori is in a good spot where this arc has a lot that was set up already, it's just the small stuff like the use flashbacks that could drag this arc down in the end. I do feel pretty confident about it as a whole.

I'd disagree that the build up has been the whole manga though, this only started after AfO was taken out. Really though it's just a technicality splitting it up as you said so whatevs.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and really the Yakuza arc is really long relative to this series because it needed so much exposition. Hori is in a good spot where this arc has a lot that was set up already, it's just the small stuff like the use flashbacks that could drag this arc down in the end. I do feel pretty confident about it as a whole.

I'd disagree that the build up has been the whole manga though, this only started after AfO was taken out. Really though it's just a technicality splitting it up as you said so whatevs.
I mostly consider this the culmination of Shiggy's character, hence why I said since the start of the series. Or to be specific since USJ.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I mostly consider this the culmination of Shiggy's character, hence why I said since the start of the series. Or to be specific since USJ.
I completely agree about Shiggy. I'm really looking forward to to him in this arc arguably more than any other character lol, though Endeavor and Hawks have me on the edge of my seat

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
"Sees posts about shipping"

3XiKMch.gif

Imma come back tomorrow.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, I think in ochako's case it is the opposite, she doesnt tell because it will be used for her character development not Deku's, but I guess it goes against the current criticism about the character
I think she is much closer to Kaede from Assassination Classroom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.