• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
SGgamcd.jpg

Welcome to the third My Hero Academia OT! Have fun and join the discussion on this popular superhero anime/manga series! This OT welcomes discussion for all things MHA-related, be it the anime, manga, or games, etc. This OP is updated every once in a while with new information as the story progresses or when new media is released, so be sure to check it out every once in a while. The previous OT can be found here, while the latest anime OT (season 4) can be found here.

qSXqQRv.png

• Manga discussion does not require spoiler tags unless it's regarding a chapter that has not yet been released in English. Any discussion (such as reactions) pertaining to an unreleased chapter must be tagged as spoilers.
  • Scanlation sites cannot be mentioned, nor can their works (when watermarked) be posted. Only post manga images if they do not include watermarks.
  • Posting fan art is encouraged, but do so with a source.
  • NSFW and/or overly-suggestive content is prohibited.
Has4a2B.png

Set in the distant future where 80% of the population are born with "quirks," society now revolves around these super powers and the "Heroes" who use them for good and the "Villains" who cause chaos and destruction with them. My Hero Academia follows the story of Izuku Midoriya, a quirkless child whose dream is to be a Pro Hero like his idol All Might, the #1 Hero and Symbol of Peace.

wNZdKf7.png

e3yM60P.jpg

Name: Izuku Midoriya
Hero Name: Deku
Quirk: One For All
A hero-loving nerd and the current wielder of One For All. His unshakingly heroic nature inspired All Might in the past, resulting in the latter choosing him as his successor. Now well on his way towards his dream of becoming the #1 hero, Midoriya recently uncovered new information from One For All and his predecessors: They live on inside him and allow him to access their quirks. He is currently training himself to improve both his usage of One For All as well as Black Whip, one of his predecessors' quirks. With the second round of work studies, Todoroki invited him and Bakugo to join him to work under Endeavor, the current #1 hero. Together, the trio succeeded in improving their skills and abilities as would-be heroes and even succeeded in apprehending a villain before the pro hero.

N3nKh7B.jpg

Name: Katsuki Bakugo
Hero Name: N/A
Quirk: Explosion

A very skilled and talented, but rude and aggressive classmate of Midoriya. Former childhood friends, his once unhealthy relationship with Midoriya slowly heals as the two strive towards their shared goal of becoming the #1 hero. Learning many lessons throughout his first year in U.A., Bakugo has become a formidable hero-in-training who now understands the importance of not only winning, but of saving others as well. Having now acquired his provisional hero license, Bakugo took part in a work study under the #1 hero Endeavor in order to identify what he's still lacking in to become the strongest hero. Together, the trio succeeded in improving their skills and abilities as would-be heroes and even succeeded in apprehending a villain before the pro hero.

D0fzTXW.jpg

Name: Shoto Todoroki
Hero Name: Shoto
Quirk: Half-Hot Half-Cold

Blessed with a powerful quirk, Todoroki entered U.A. as one of 1-A's two recommended students. Once cold and aloof, Midoriya helped Todoroki overcome his personal issues during the sports festival, allowing him to open up to others and accept the left half of his quirk. He invited Midoriya and Bakugo to join him at Endeavor's agency as part of their work study. While his father is slowly attempting to mend their strained relationship, Shoto wants no part of that, he is simply using the work study under Endeavor as a means of reaching his goal of becoming someone worthy of the title "hero," like his idol All Might. Together, the trio succeeded in improving their skills and abilities as would-be heroes and even succeeded in apprehending a villain before the pro hero.

hE2Pcey.jpg

Name: Enji Todoroki
Hero Name: Endeavor
Quirk: Hellflame
The current #1 hero and father to Shoto, his unfriendly and aggressive behavior made him unpopular despite having the highest number of solved cases among all the heroes. Abusing his family in the past but now acknowledging his mistakes, he is currently working towards becoming a better person and hero, one worthy of being the "Symbol of Peace." Currently, he is leading a massive force of heroes in a joint operation to put a stop to Shigaraki and the League's machinations.

J7DxfPD.jpg

Name: Tomura Shigaraki
Villain Name: N/A
Quirk: All For One

Successor to All For One, and the leader of both the League of Villains and Paranormal Liberation Front. Shigaraki's tragic past resulted in a twisted mind that desired for nothing else but the destruction of everything. Having undergone (albeit unfinished) a dangerous procedure to gain more power, Shigaraki now wields the original All For One quirk, gaining access to a myriad of powerful quirks he has only begun to learn about. Despite coming out of the procedure unfinished, the sheer power of All For One's many quirks have now given him enough power to achieve his goals.

uQasK33.jpg

Name: Toya Todoroki
Villain Name: Dabi
Quirk: N/A

A mysterious member of the League of Villains revealed to be Toya Todoroki, the firstborn son of Endeavor. Despite his affiliation with the League, he merely uses the organization and its members as a means to achieve his goal of destroying his father's life and the "fake hero society." Far gone from the kind child he was before, Dabi has become a cold, ruthless villain who takes joy from anything that can cause his father pain, including murdering his very own siblings.

skllDin.png

Paranormal Liberation War Arc (253 - current)

piod5RE.png

With the aid of information provided by Hawks, Endeavor and the Pro Heroes bolster their numbers and prepare to mount a massive attack on the Paranormal Liberation Front's bases. Split into three teams, both heroes and licensed students alike move to capture All For One's faithful doctor Kyudai Garaki, and eliminate the PLF. The aforementioned teams and their objectives are as follows: 1) Endeavor's team of pro heroes storming the hospital to capture Garaki, 2) Burning's team of heroes and students evacuating the nearby city, and 3) Edgeshot's team of heroes and students mounting an assault on the PLF's base in the mountains.

hkz60Hu.png

Endeavor Agency Arc (241 - 252)

o6hGYZF.png

A second round of work studies begin as the Hero Public Safety Commission pressure U.A. and other schools into readying their students for the future, to serve as a back up heroes for when the villains attack again. Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki chose to work under the #1 hero Endeavor, where they can learn how they can best improve their abilities and reach the top. The pro hero provides them with the practical experience they could never get within the walls of U.A., teaching them essential information on how to resolve situations as efficiently as possible, and how to better utilize their different abilities. Meanwhile, trouble stirs in the Todoroki household...

Meta Liberation Army Arc (218 - 240)

Ke0ZGNG.jpg

Shigaraki and his League of Villains are going about their business, struggling to find resources and figure out what to do next when they are contacted by Ujiko, All For One's doctor. They learn about Gigantomachia and attempt to tame him for weeks until they are interrupted by the Meta Liberation Army, a group of would-be civilians, businessmen, and politicians, secretly carrying out the will of Destro. An epic clash ensues between the two groups as the League attempts to rescue Giran, their broker, who the MLA have kidnapped in order to goad the League into battle so that they may destroy them.

Joint Training Arc (194 - 217)

jbxABat.jpg

Winter has come to U.A. and with it comes new hero uniforms and lessons. Classes 1-A and 1-B undergo a joint training exercise in which teams of four to five students battle each other. Hitoshi Shinso of U.A.'s general studies course joins the two classes as a guest participant, undertaking the exam himself to determine whether he has what it takes to join the hero course or not. Meanwhile, a mysterious new power awakens within One For All!

SoiFaxo.png

SEASON 1
Episode Count: 13
Manga Coverage: Ch. 1 - 21

Gygth6l.jpg

SEASON 2
Episode Count: 25
Manga Coverage: Ch. 21 - 70

3gXnqIP.jpg

*The second season features one anime-original episode (32) covering the internship experiences of some of 1-A's students, with a particular focus on Froppy.

SEASON 3
Manga Coverage: Ch. 70 - 124

dt5cAw3.jpg

*The third season features two anime-original episodes (39 and 58), the former of which serves as a recap episode, as well as taking ideas from chapter 49.5 of the manga. Episode 58 is a special charity episode that includes a small tie-in to the movie at the very end. In addition to episodes 39 and 58, episode 55 contains anime original content for majority of its runtime.

SEASON 4
Manga Coverage: 125 - 190

Q6LABtl.jpg

SEASON 5
Episode Count: N/A
Manga Coverage: 191 - N/A

VpKnqqM.jpg

cQqrhEU.png

MAIN SERIES:
  • (US) Volume 27: One's Justice (259 - 267) [Release Date: April 2, 2021]
  • (JP) Volume 29: Katsuki Bakugo: Rising (277 - 285) [Release Date: January 4, 2021]

c2MrcKC.png

QXLSKXF.png

SPIN-OFFS:
  • (US) My Hero Academia: SMASH!! Vol. 5 [ON SALE NOW]
  • (US) My Hero Academia: Vigilantes Vol. 9 [Release Date: March 2, 2021]
  • (US) My Hero Academia: Team-Up Missions Vol. 1 [Release Date: March 2, 2021]
LIGHT NOVELS:
  • (US) My Hero Academia: School Briefs Vol. 4 [ON SALE NOW]
  • (JP) My Hero Academia: School Briefs Vol. 5 [ON SALE NOW]
GAMES:
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Steam)
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice 2 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Steam)
9pPU77z.jpg

PmapuOW.png

• As of this posting, new chapters release on Sundays at 4PM GMT.
  • My Hero Academia: Vigilantes is a spin-off manga series written by Hideyuki Furuhashi and illustrated by Betten Court. It is set before the events of My Hero Academia and features original characters, as well as characters from the main series such as Ingenium and All Might. The entire series is available digitally, for free, on VIZ Media's website.
  • My Hero Academia: School Briefs is a series of light novels written by Ann Takahashi and illustrated by Kohei Horikoshi. The first volume is about interactions between the students at the start of the school year. The second is set during the summer training camp, while the third features stories from their time since staying at Heights Academy, the U.A. on-campus dormitories.
  • My Hero Academia: SMASH!! is a spin-off gag manga by Hirofumi Neda. It concluded in November 2017 with a total of five volumes.
  • My Hero Academia Smash Rising is a mobile gacha game currently only available in Japanese. The former (when it was still called Smash Tap) subreddit has a handy guide on how to play the original game for non-Japanese speakers.
  • My Heroine Academia (unofficial title) or Watashi no Hero Academia, is a new spin-off gag manga by Horikoshi's assistant and the mangaka behind Saguri-chan Tankentai, Kyoko Akiyama. As of chapter 207 of the main series, there have been three chapters.
  • My Hero Academia: Team Up Mission is the third spin-off manga series. It follows Midoriya and his classmates as they work alongside pro heroes on missions. Similar to the above spin-off series, Team Up Mission is by Kyoko Akiyama.
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice is the series' console/PC game debut. It released worldwide on October 26th for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
  • My Hero Academia: One's Justice 2 is the sequel to 2018's One Justice. It covers the Yakuza arc of the anime and features new characters such as Lemillion, Overhaul, Mina Ashido, and Minoru Mineta.
USEFUL LINKS

Last edited:

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Great job on the new thread, and oh look, a new Hori sketch to celebrate:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent job on the OT bunkitz!
I'd just recommend adding the series' Manga+ page among the links since it works worldwide.

Also
Any discussion (such as reactions) pertaining to an unreleased chapter must be tagged as spoilers.
With all the slip ups in the last thread, I hadn't even realized this had straight up been a rule in the OP itself (other threads just tag even the seemingly innocuous reactions as a courtesy). Hopefully it'll go better here.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Why wasn't there a john-chan in memoriam during the heroes rising credits smfh

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
man, watching the recent anime episodes really makes me wish Gentle and La Brava could get back into the story. I think the whole PLF thing could have been a good opportunity too.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Lame but expected.
Anyone who likes the series but doesn't read the manga is, at this point, really hurting their own experience.
Unfortunately. Hori's art is just too good and the animation hasn't been comparable lately. Still hoping it's just a season 4 thing, because this arc has been good in all other areas so far. Almost makes up for them butchering Mirio's moment

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
To start this thread off right, I'd say this arc is perfect for some long overdue

SoulfulThatHairstreak-size_restricted.gif

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
man, watching the recent anime episodes really makes me wish Gentle and La Brava could get back into the story. I think the whole PLF thing could have been a good opportunity too.

I could've sworn down Hori was hinting at him redeeming himself at the end of culture arc, who knows? Maybe he's working to become a hero (or perhaps a sidekick to his old former classmate?)

IIRC his old classmate was in the one of the Double page spreads showing the various hero teams, imagine if Gentle reappeared this arc.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I could've sworn down Hori was hinting at him redeeming himself at the end of culture arc, who knows? Maybe he's working to become a hero (or perhaps a sidekick to his old former classmate?)

IIRC his old classmate was in the one of the Double page spreads showing the various hero teams, imagine if Gentle reappeared this arc.
yeah, Takeshita showing up is definitely an indication that gentle is still on Horikoshi's mind. I've assumed he would be in jail though. He's got to serve some time for armed robberies and beating up heroes.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Gentle and La Brava appearing to help heroes when Shiggy wakes up and the tide changes would be clutch as hell. But I think this arc is already loaded enough as is, let them come into play when we have less players on the stage.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
There will certainly be plenty to talk about with this current arc and everything. I'm hoping to snag some of the people in the anime ot that say MHA has settled into routine to read the manga when the season ends and hopefully they post here if they want.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a bold motherfucka

Lol in all seriousness. MHA fam really came into its own last OT. I predict more growth because we're so awesome
Last OT started mid joint training, through that time Deku gained 7 quirk, Shigaraki gained a army and city destroying powers, Twice became a one man army, Toga quirk awakening, Hawks killed Best Jeanist, we had the origin trio training together, MHA got temporarily cancelled in China, we got another movie, and the Heroes and Villains are currently having a war

All this and we still haven't gotten ether the Dabi or Traitor reveal

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Last OT started mid joint training, through that time Deku gained 7 quirk, Shigaraki gained a army and city destroying powers, Twice became a one man army, Toga quirk awakening, Hawks killed Best Jeanist, we had the origin trio training together, MHA got temporarily cancelled in China, we got another movie, and the Heroes and Villains are currently having a war

All this and we still haven't gotten ether the Dabi or Traitor reveal
Whew, when you list it out like that...a lot has happened

Still haven't got Endeavor/All Might's death yet either. I hope this OT is the OT where the prison break happens

I just want Stain to do something again

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Whew, when you list it out like that...a lot has happened

Still haven't got Endeavor/All Might's death yet either. I hope this OT is the OT where the prison break happens

I just want Stain to do something again
Someone came up with a cool theory. What if All Might is in Tartarus when the prison break goes down and Stain is the one to protect him from all the other dangerous villains?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Someone came up with a cool theory. What if All Might is in Tartarus when the prison break goes down and Stain is the one to protect him from all the other dangerous villains?
Says more about the villains that Stain can hold them off then it does Stain himself lmao. Would be a cool thing to see though.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Says more about the villains that Stain can hold them off then it does Stain himself lmao. Would be a cool thing to see though.
I dunno, I think the gimmick of stain's quirk is so strong that he could beat pretty much anyone know doesn't already know about his quirk.
The real problem would be getting his hands on an edged weapon to use.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we still need tags for Heroes Rising?
Can't remember if that was even a thing in the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.