• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kinoko>Your favorites
We know she is OP, Horikoshi knows she is OP, the character itself knows she is OP
She would defeat AFO with ease, only Wash can beat her
ok the last statement was a joke but I love her power so much

It was also a little too dark for my tastes.
I wonder how this will affect some anime onlies when it airs
If they censor it too much it will lack the impact, but if they leave it as it is it might push some fans back, specially people that are younger

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If they censor it too much it will lack the impact, but if they leave it as it is it might push some fans back, specially people that are younger
The censorship in Season 4 was weird. Like, Magne's death wasn't really toned down, but they censored the shit out of Kirishima vs Rappa, I guess because he's a kid?

No way are we gonna see how gruesome Shigaraki's flashback was in the anime, which is a little disappointing tbh. I'd be fine with blacked-out censors like Jojo's uses to at least your mind can fill in the blanks, but you know he's just going to turn them to dust in a more tame manner.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the lack of pushback from other characters is the biggest problem with reading Bakugo. People just accept the fact that he's a loud asshole and just shrug off his abuses. They just enable his shitty behavior. I cant wait until Deku puts an 100% foot up his ass.

I haven't seen the movie yet but saw spoiled by some screenshots on reddit and didn't like what I saw. To be fair, I don't generally like manga/anime movies because they waste lots of potentials without adding to the real on going story in the manga.

Honestly with this arc, I don't mind if I don't see Deku or the rest of the kids. The heroes are amazing so far and I just want more of Hawks and Miruko.

I might just YouTube for all the sakuga and thats it.

I'm expecting a lot of heroes to die during this arc so it makes even more sense to give more screen time to the adults. Miruko needs to live so she can help Deku improve his shoot style. I also want to see some Hawks and Tokoyami action, that is if he isn't roasted by the end of next chapter.

It will also be like an entire cour, perhaps longer, without Deku and I'm sure that will be annoying for some fans as well.

Yeah, adapting it will be tough. That arc felt like a different manga honestly. It was way too gruesome. I feel like there was some splatter or squelching sound effect in every panel for like 30 chapters lol. Here I thought the kid torture during Overhaul was bad.

Kinoko is also OP. Lung mushrooms for everyone.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The censorship in Season 4 was weird. Like, Magne's death wasn't really toned down, but they censored the shit out of Kirishima vs Rappa, I guess because he's a kid?

No way are we gonna see how gruesome Shigaraki's flashback was in the anime, which is a little disappointing tbh. I'd be fine with blacked-out censors like Jojo's uses to at least your mind can fill in the blanks, but you know he's just going to turn them to dust in a more tame manner.
They'll most likely show the deaths through silhouettes

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Sometimes you see videos on youtube where parents react to shows like MHA with their kids. Imagine if season 5 is just totally uncensored.

"mommy, why is the group of Twice's trying to twist Toga's head off?"

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Does Iida even qualify as a main character even?
And yeah, more people need to call Bakugo out for his crap. It's jarring to see All-Might and Deku lick his boots and praise him

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes you see videos on youtube where parents react to shows like MHA with their kids. Imagine if season 5 is just totally uncensored.

"mommy, why is the group of Twice's trying to twist Toga's head off?"
It was the skeptic lackeys but yeah I forgot about that scene they were going to break her neck

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
He had some stuff that was kinda left hanging in the recent internship arc, so hopefully some of that will be addressed in this arc.
Yeah I'm kinda hoping whatever happens with Twice and Hawks we'll see Hawks survive so we can see a confrontation between him and Bakugo. I don't think Hawks killed Jeanist, but something happened
Who is this lida you guys keep talking about? Is he a spin-off character?
source.gif

Oct 25, 2017
The My Villain Academia arc is going to be interesting in the anime. It's such a brutal & violent arc that I'll be surprised if they show half the stuff in it. Like the part where a sleep-deprived Shigaraki disintegrates an entire crowd, and you see the first guy getting his face graphically wrecked. Or when Toga kills the blue reporter working for Shueisha and you see the bloody splat.
The flashback to Shigaraki's childhood though... good luck dealing with that.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
The My Villain Academia arc is going to be interesting in the anime. It's such a brutal & violent arc that I'll be surprised if they show half the stuff in it. Like the part where a sleep-deprived Shigaraki disintegrates an entire crowd, and you see the first guy getting his face graphically wrecked. Or when Toga kills the blue reporter working for Shueisha and you see the bloody splat.
The flashback to Shigaraki's childhood though... good luck dealing with that.

What if they made it into a movie? Like Demon Slayer.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
What if they made it into a movie? Like Demon Slayer.
That would definitely ruin the arc, it's over 20 chapters and it's not really a fight heavy arc, the majority of the arc is getting some insight into their past through flashbacks and those flashbacks shouldn't rushed

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Is it bad that it's been at least a year or so since Class 1A vs Class 1-B and i still do not like the whole 6/7 Quirks thing. Nothing in the story narratively has really made a good argument as to why the whole OFA Quirk inheritence should be a thing.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that it's been at least a year or so since Class 1A vs Class 1-B and i still do not like the whole 6/7 Quirks thing. Nothing in the story narratively has really made a good argument as to why the whole OFA Quirk inheritence should be a thing.
Honestly what do you want as an explanation? I don't get why people need more explanation why it happened. We know OFA carries the "soul" of each holder since the sports festival, it carrying their quirks isnt a huge jump of logic

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly what do you want as an explanation? I don't get why people need more explanation why it happened. We know OFA carries the "soul" of each holder since the sports festival, it carrying their quirks isnt a huge jump of logic
Fair enough, i worded poorly - i mean more does it really add anything to the series considering Deku was already getting to the point where he was becoming Top 3 strongest in the class and honestly surpass both Todoroki and Bakugou and now he's got 5-6 new quirks to discover rather then focusing more on using OFA's current mechanics and used in a creative way

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, i worded poorly - i mean more does it really add anything to the series considering Deku was already getting to the point where he was becoming Top 3 strongest in the class and honestly surpass both Todoroki and Bakugou and now he's got 5-6 new quirks to discover rathern then focusing more on using OFA's current mechanics and used in a creative way
I agree it doesnt add much right now, but I feel it is just he preparing the terrain for the future of the manga. It is much better to introduce this earlier than at the end of the manga

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Not liking it is completely normal, it's the series' jump the shark moment far as I'm concerned

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I agree it doesnt add much right now, but I feel it is just he preparing the terrain for the future of the manga. It is much better to introduce this earlier than at the end of the manga
Yeah and i think if this arc is the Marineford in MH and UA gets destoryed i think there is likely going to be a timeskip of a year or two which might make Deku stronger then he is now

Oct 25, 2017
Nope don't care for it don't like it and will continue to wish it never happened. It's too convenient, it's naruto ashura levels of come on and it will continue to be in the back of my mind Everytime he's in any sort of pickle that a quirk will magically awaken to save him until all 6 are revealed

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Nope don't care for it don't like it and will continue to wish it never happened. It's too convenient, it's naruto ashura levels of come on and it will continue to be in the back of my mind Everytime he's in any sort of pickle that a quirk will magically awaken to save him until all 6 are revealed

Doesn't help he seems to have gotten on top of Black Whip in no time at all, let's hope Bakugou and Shoto have to at some point go beyond/plus ultra this arc, because I personally don't have a great deal of interest in what Deku does at this point.

Friendly Wager: Will the UA mole/traitor's identity be revealed in 2020?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yo bunkitz I''d forgotten to bring the Traitor reveal friendly wager here. Can you threadmark again please?

Also anyone who wants to join in or update their answer with a specific traitor, just let me know.
----------------------------------------------------
Yes/No

My bet is no.

TEAM YES
Tace (Toru Hagakure)
Chase (All Might)
alexi52 (Ochaco Uraraka)
Poodlestrike
DragonSJG
Francokid1 (Ochaco Uraraka)
Dany1899 (Ochaco Uraraka)
Moara
Kewlmyc (Denki Kaminari)
TheGamingNewsGuy
Porl
Dimple
Busaiku (Ochaco Uraraka)

TEAM NO
Silfer
Blackleg-sanji1
NSESN
bunkitz

TEAM GOOD WRITING
DTL

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Yo bunkitz I''d forgotten to bring the Traitor reveal friendly wager here. Can you threadmark again please?

Also anyone who wants to join in or update their answer with a specific traitor, just let me know.
Yes/No

My bet is no.

TEAM YES
Tace (Toru Hagakure)
Chase (All Might)
alexi52
Poodlestrike
DragonSJG
Moara
Kewlmyc (Denki Kaminari)
TheGamingNewsGuy
Porl

TEAM NO
Silfer
Blackleg-sanji1
NSESN

TEAM GOOD WRITING
DTL
TEAM YES

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Doesn't help he seems to have gotten on top of Black Whip in no time at all, let's hope Bakugou and Shoto have to at some point go beyond/plus ultra this arc, because I personally don't have a great deal of interest in what Deku does at this point.
Honestly unless we go out of UA and have Deku adapting in a non Hero Society (basically the Hero Society is gone)..i have to agree with this

Sorry Double Post

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Yes/No

My bet is no.

TEAM YES
Tace (Toru Hagakure)
Chase (All Might)
alexi52
Poodlestrike
DragonSJG
Moara
Kewlmyc (Denki Kaminari)
TheGamingNewsGuy
Porl

TEAM NO
Silfer
Blackleg-sanji1
NSESN

TEAM GOOD WRITING
DTL
Honestly I'm now not too sure that we'll get the reveal this year but I'll stay on team Yes, and update mine with Ochako being the traitor, with this arc I'm now 100% sure it's her

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Yes/No

My bet is no.

TEAM YES
Tace (Toru Hagakure)
Chase (All Might)
alexi52 (Ochaco Uraraka)
Poodlestrike
DragonSJG
Moara
Kewlmyc (Denki Kaminari)
TheGamingNewsGuy
Porl

TEAM NO
Silfer
Blackleg-sanji1
NSESN

TEAM GOOD WRITING
DTL

I'm going to tentatively say yes, even though a part of me thinks this arc could go beyond (ha) this year and end up being longer than the Overhaul arc.

AkaiShiki

Dec 28, 2019
Fair enough, i worded poorly - i mean more does it really add anything to the series considering Deku was already getting to the point where he was becoming Top 3 strongest in the class and honestly surpass both Todoroki and Bakugou and now he's got 5-6 new quirks to discover rather then focusing more on using OFA's current mechanics and used in a creative way

Ok I will try to defend this development since everyone in this thread seems to be either disliking it or indifferent to it.
First, I want to say that when we got the multiple quirks revelation, I wasn't a fan of it. I was more in a wait and see approach. Now I feel pretty positive about it, I think horikoshi did a pretty good job.

Now the question is does this add something to the story. I think it does. The problem with Deku before the revelation was that we knew what his endgame was ( All might + Infinite 100%). So horikoshi had to find ways to keep Deku's development interesting. I think he did a good job with that with the full cowling, shoot style and air force. But then what's next ? There's a limit to anyone's creativity. And just increasing the percentage isn't an exciting powerup now.
To answer the question: I think this was needed in order to make Deku's development more exciting in the future.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017

Yes/No

My bet is no.

TEAM YES
Tace (Toru Hagakure)
Chase (All Might)
alexi52 (Ochaco Uraraka)
Poodlestrike
DragonSJG
Moara
Kewlmyc (Denki Kaminari)
TheGamingNewsGuy
Porl
Dimple

TEAM NO
Silfer
Blackleg-sanji1
NSESN

TEAM GOOD WRITING
DTL
Feeling pretty good about my pick right now

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, it is nowhere near close to Naruto's ashura thing, in fact it is the opposite, it is introduced much earlier and nothing so far has magically awakened, in fact Deku already knows what power he will unlock
What? He just learned how to use it, he is nowhere near mastering the quirk
You guys must have been reading a different manga these last months because it took a year(1 month and some days in the manga) for deku to just be able to use his second quirk, and that was with him studying under Endeavor, it will take much more time for him to master everything
Yeah and i think if this arc is the Marineford in MH and UA gets destoryed i think there is likely going to be a timeskip of a year or two which might make Deku stronger then he is now
I dont think there will be a timeskip, Horikoshi just revealed that the second year girl he showed in the Aizawa chapters will reappear in the future so it indicates he wont skip the next year, how will it happen I dunno but anyway my point is that I think he will continue to develop Deku bit by bit intead of making him master everything after a timeskip, in fact i think he will only master everything by the end of the manga

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it I wonder whether Aizawa would make for a decent foil to Twice in a way.

Twice's insistence on protecting his bonds of friendship with the League and valuing the trust in people above all else comes across as ever so slightly hypocritical when the League enable the existence of Nomu; specifically people like Kurogiri, who used to be a pro hero himself and the best friend of two currently active pro heroes. Like we saw earlier in the arc with President Mic's outburst, they've up and gone made it personal.

I'm still interested in whether there'll ever be an ideological tipping point among the villain ranks - especially now that they're much larger as the PLF.

Status
Not open for further replies.