• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Great chapter, having the Tokoyami moment just before the hawks part was cruel
Is this the first time Dabi have hit someone fully? Before he always missed or the heroes were only hit partly
Anyway that panel really show how hard Hawks has hit
The army are such chumps
sure...

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
People will shit on Redestro but like, it makes sense how he got blown back. Maybe he'll come back even more powerful as his stress increases within the next few chapters.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People will shit on Redestro but like, it makes sense how he got blown back. Maybe he'll come back even more powerful as his stress increases within the next few chapters.
It makes sense. People wont care
Regardless Tokoyami has one of the strongest quirks in the entire series, a massive Dark Shadow like that is totally able to overwhelm anyone

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Redestro is 100% coming back to the fight. He lost because his prosthetic broke, not because he was overpowered. He's going to whip out his mech suit or a battle ready prosthetic.

Also, before attacking Twice, Hawks was talking into what looked like a recorder or communication device of some sort. I wonder if he was letting someone know of his location? A still alive Best Jeanist maybe?

Either way, I'm fully expecting someone to save Hawks next week. Hori loves the character too much, he's too popular, and his story is not close to being done. Killing him off wouldn't make any sense.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hawks will survive but he will have half of his face in a burned mess

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

I wouldn't be surprised if he started fighting like one of those Carriers from Gears of War:

latest

Either that or he's got some trick upgrades waiting in the wings like he did in the MVA arc.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1584894629013.jpg

First off, Redestro is still up after the attack, he wasn't taken down, Horikoshi even showed why he got pushed back
Hawks will survive but he will have half of his face in a burned mess
Literally no way Dabi and Twice wouldn't finish him off right now

Last edited:

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Shiggy going to wake up and have a "To Me My X-men" moment. Gigi starts stomping

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
1584894629013.jpg

First off, Redestro is still up after the attack, he wasn't taken down, Horikoshi even showed why he got pushed back

Literally no way Dabi and Twice wouldn't finish him off right now
I am talking about last chapter, i dunno what will happen in the last one but I doubt Hawks is already dead

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The army is in fodder mode. Considering who they are, it feels quite unrealistic no one has a quirk to stop many of the heroes on it's tracks instantly.

Tokoyami was fun, though. And RIP hawks, unless jeanist arrives to save him.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hawks has kinda served his purpose in the story anyway so he might be KFC now for real.

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Suneater got a promotion, so cool to see them become full fledged sidekicks upon graduation. I hope Kiri ends up there after graduation.

Tokoyami got a cool powerbuff, between the manga and the movie, he's got good love this year.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense. People wont care
Regardless Tokoyami has one of the strongest quirks in the entire series, a massive Dark Shadow like that is totally able to overwhelm anyone
Yeah Tokoyami has always been one of the strongest ones in class A, and it was the perfect spot to really let loose which he can't always do with it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The army is in fodder mode. Considering who they are, it feels quite unrealistic no one has a quirk to stop many of the heroes on it's tracks instantly.

Tokoyami was fun, though. And RIP hawks, unless jeanist arrives to save him.
They have, but the heroes have the knowledge of the threats tat could stop a raid. That is the reason why Kaminari was in the frontlines, so he could stop the Amplifier guy

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
the Heroes would realistically be the better trained force. They've been doing joint drills and stuff like this since they were children as we've seen with Deku and his classmates.

that + having the upper hand because of Hawk is giving them a lot of early momentum

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ragnarok was such a cool move. Tokoyami's got one of my favorite arsenals of special moves. Even if what he does is somewhat simple, the visualization of it always such a treat to see. I do wonder though, is Ragnarok Dark Shadow at full power? Like on the same level as his berserk mode during the training camp? I hope this is just his maximum power during daytime or something, and that he still doesn't have that berserk mode under control, since it's only his first year and I'd prefer it if he had a lot more room to grow in the future.
I love that Suneater got a promotion, so cool to see them become full fledged sidekicks upon graduation.
I don't know, man, one of the Big Three only becoming a sidekick seems a bit insulting, to be honest. Especially given how powerful and useful Suneater's been.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Hawks leaked pretty much everything to the heroes, hence why they know all the entrances and know each of the villains powers.

Of course, something has to go horribly wrong at some point. Hopefully we start seeing that next chapter. Deku isn't even in play yet.

Ragnarok was such a cool move. Tokoyami's got one of my favorite arsenals of special moves. Even if what he does is somewhat simple, the visualization of it always such a treat to see. I do wonder though, is Ragnarok Dark Shadow at full power? Like on the same level as his berserk mode during the training camp? I hope this is just his maximum power during daytime or something, and that he still doesn't have that berserk mode under control, since it's only his first year and I'd prefer it if he had a lot more room to grow in the future.

I don't know, man, one of the Big Three only becoming a sidekick seems a bit insulting, to be honest. Especially given how powerful and useful Suneater's been.
I assume all fresh out of hero school heroes become sidekicks at first, then eventually either become full heroes or get their own agency. Hawks seems to be the exception due to being "trained" (seems more like bred) by the government to be a hero.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Hawks leaked pretty much everything to the heroes, hence why they know all the entrances and know each of the villains powers.

Of course, something has to go horribly wrong at some point. Hopefully we start seeing that next chapter. Deku isn't even in play yet.

Who's Deku?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Endeavor's dumb shoulder pad armor alone should discredit him from ever being the number 1 hero.

ETr-Dspc-Ws-AATMw-U.jpg

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

(Dabi came in like this)

Tokoyami and Sun Eater hype!!! Yay! It was great seeing the two of them get some stuff this weak, bird brain especially. Loving Sun Eater's centaur form, and Tokoyami's Ragnorak is about to become his ultimate move in all future videos games lol. As much as Destro(never calling him ReDestro) disappointed me in the Villain arc, damn it if he still doesn't look like Ultimate Green Goblin when he transforms. He also didn't really lose, as the damage from his fight with Shiggy is what made his ankles breaking like that possible imo

Mighty convenient Giga isn't fighting til Shiggy tells him to

Hawks was cool af this chapter. His professional demeanor was the perfect counter to Twice. Twice's emotions have long since been his weakness, and he was reeling too much from Hawks betrayal. You need to be focused to take down the #2 hero.

Of course, I'm not surprised y'all are saying Hawks is Kentucky fried(original recipe or krispy), but I don't see it. At least not quite yet. Yeah I know Dabi just hit him with a super effective attack but Hori has a long established track record of death flag fake outs. All Might and Endeavor have both had massive death flags in the past and yet they're still here. Not to mention if Mirko lost an arm and she still bossed up and she's only #5....I feel as if Hawks has a lot more in him.

I'm rather confident someone will show up to assist. My money being on Endeavor. Will Hawks get assistance? Or has this bird flown to close to the sun? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Suneater still has the best name and quirk in the series. Like it's not even close.

Re-Destro still treated like a joke

Hawks talks too damn much, now look what happened, bout to become fried chicken

Alright chapter.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
He also didn't really lose, as the damage from his fight with Shiggy is what made his ankles breaking like that possible imo
I really liked this detail, it makes him losing his legs much more impactful because it would definitely make a difference if he had them right now.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Phewwwww what a chapter

Tbh Re-Destro only getting knocked back because his legs gave out is fairly impressive, considering how brute force strong Tokoyami is. Dude is definitely not down for the count.

I don't think Hawks is dead, but I think that the fight is about to start going very badly for him.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
A chapter with Fatgum, Suneater, AND Tokoyami? Horikoshi, you spoil me

The FOOOSH on the last page is really cool. I like how the sound effects adds to the impact of the flames.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah I doubt he's gonna die here but we are on the cusp of the Toya reveal imo. Hawks would be the perfect character to learn about it since he likes Endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.