• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

source.gif

(How it feels watching Hawks kill everyone's favorite Twice after nearly everybody said my boy was a goner)

Oh man, what a good chapter. Art was on point as usual. While Dabi did indeed fail to take out Hawks, I ain't surprised. I feel like people forget Hawks is the #2. Put some respect on his name. At least Dabi did some damage. Very curious he knew Hawks' real name...

Twice. While his death was sad, if he had just accepted Hawks offer I do think he could've become a real force of good. I'm honestly disappointed he didn't take more time to consider what Hawks was saying to him, but a lot was happening. He will be missed.

Also you can't be mad at Hawks. He's doing his job and he gave Twice an olive branch. Y'all were cool with Twice and Dabi burning this man alive, gotta be cool with him killing your faves

How will the rest of the league respond? Will Shiggy finally wake up? What are the other heroes doing? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!
I don't appreciate being quoted a week later! Dabi is a scrub.
Gotta own your words my friend, never know when they will be quoted against you
Idk why you quoted me Tace, Hawks still got burnt up (and still got major death flags), and could've avoided that whole mess if he shut his mouth lol
Yeahhhh but come on lol, you were still expecting him to die

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Spinner does more for the league by doing nothing than Dabi does trying to do things.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It serves me right for having expectations for Dabi, now I'm just betting Toga is going to the one to finish Hawks off, and Shigaraki will be the one to defeat Endeavour

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also you can't be mad at Hawks. He's doing his job and he gave Twice an olive branch. Y'all were cool with Twice and Dabi burning this man alive, gotta be cool with him killing your faves

Screw that. I will continue to be mad at Hawks for doing that. :P

Real talk, yeah it was ultimately justified, though killing someone running is always skeevy. That doesn't mean that people should be cool with what Hawks did, given what we know of Jin's history, mental problems, and that Hawks has been painted as the "bad guy" in this whole Twice encounter. Unless it's common for Heroes to be constantly shrouded in shadows when confronting a villain.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Screw that. I will continue to be mad at Hawks for doing that. :P

Real talk, yeah it was ultimately justified, though killing someone running is always skeevy. That doesn't mean that people should be cool with what Hawks did, given what we know of Jin's history, mental problems, and that Hawks has been painted as the "bad guy" in this whole Twice encounter. Unless it's common for Heroes to be constantly shrouded in shadows when confronting a villain.
I think there's a possibility Hawks could go rogue after this. Killing Twice is sure to fuck him up mentally

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
This is why Endeavor disowned Dabi

Cause hes trash

You joke but this would actually back up the theory that Touya tried to prove himself to Endeavor and roasted himself in the process.

It would not be a surprise to me if we found out Touya was terrible during training (because of his weak constitution), which led to Endeavor getting increasingly pissed off and angry (which would also lean into what Natsuo said about Touya telling him everything, so maybe Touya telling Natsuo about much he's struggling during training).

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
SMH, Dabi. Do your job right! Serve up some fried chicken, the League is hungry! Heck, I'm hungry right now, I just realized. Well, as glad as I am to see Hawks still alive, I'm also disappointed cause it's ridiculous that he was able to get away but... at least his half-burnt up now and that was the side Dabi stepped on. Fair enough, I suppose. It's ridiculous that he can still move at that speed given how most of his feathers are all burnt up now. Gotta applaud the man though, really determined as hell to finish the mission. Gotta love that.

I would've probably teared up or be more shocked at Twice's death if I didn't get spoiled. Ugh.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I could honestly see Hawks being killed off by Dabi from within a couple of chapters maybe even next as we know that Twice was stabbed and killed but Twice could have done something before Hawks landed the killing blow so he was certain that he would go out with him - i am pretty sure he hinted at it with the "Die,Hawks"

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
As ticked off as I am about getting spoiled on Twice's death, that was one hell of a way to go... Really sad and probably going down as one of my favorite League moments. That was really touching, and I think very important too, to show that it's not only the heroes that "save" people. The League saved Twice, and Twice saved them, and Twice and Toga both saved each other.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter was masterful. Sweet and sad way of saying goodbye, Horikoshi really did an amazing job with the goodbye.

Also Toga can copy quirks, she needs the blood of twice to unleash the madness. Probably the hero decimation will start next chapter.
Yeah, showing his death through his quirk was something i never expected but was great to see

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also yeah, all this fried chicken talk has actually made me hungry.

I think there's a possibility Hawks could go rogue after this. Killing Twice is sure to fuck him up mentally
I don't know, he seems used to using lethal force. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually killed Best Jeanist.

One direction I could see them taking Hawks is if he's essentially a government assassin, considering they pretty much trained him from a young age to do their bidding.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't know, he seems used to using lethal force. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually killed Best Jeanist.

One direction I could see them taking Hawks is if he's essentially a government assassin, considering they pretty much trained him from a young age to do their bidding.
I mean that what he technically is - he is a goverment spy and assassin. That's also assuming Hawks is going make out of this arc alive which i have my doubts on

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Twice really was the best character in this manga. Sad to see him go, but it was a great send off

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Agree about him being used to using force, but I feel like the added burden of betraying Twice's trust and killing him in the midst of a breakdown would still be pretty novel.

A government assassin isn't too far away from where he is now lol.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, RIP Twice
Also, how does Dabi know his name? I assume they met as kids once
"Takami" is the thief that Endeavour caught 7 years ago and is what initially motivated Endless to attack Endeavor's family both now & 7 years ago. Dabi likely investigated his double agent at some point but the specific name is supposed to add more hints at Hawks backstory & the Dabi = Toya theory

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
This chapter was masterful. Sweet and sad way of saying goodbye, Horikoshi really did an amazing job with the goodbye.

Also Toga can copy quirks, she needs the blood of twice to unleash the madness. Probably the hero decimation will start next chapter.

Well, that depends on whether she knows anyone's measurements.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
unknown.png

Twice is great even in his last moments
I loved this so much. Dabi's an ass and he rarely seems to care about even his comrades, but he at least knows how to let Twice feel valued and how to motivate him. It's maybe a bit on the manipulative side, but I think there's a degree of sincerity there.
I think the possibility is definitely there, but I personally don't think it'll happen--if he survives. His mentality seems super sharp and focused, despite him hesitating with Twice, he's still able to focus on getting the job done. It's not even just the mental fortitude that's impressive, he's also able to push himself physically to accomplish the task. Still, entirely possible that this ends up being his breaking point. He did just kill someone he cared for.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Hawks gave him a chance. Twice chose death so be it.

Glad Hawks won. He might not be able to fly anymore or some shit but at least no more stupid copies of everything.

Number 2 for a reason. Fastest fuck ever.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
6c6sok2y.gif

Twice is one of my favorite characters so I'm a bit bummed, but at the same time I can't think of a better way to go out if this is it. Fantastic chapter.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, that depends on whether she knows anyone's measurements.

I'm thinking: Twice gave a major blood donation to her at some point, and they planned that if anything happened she could use the quirk too so she probably memorized the leagues measures. Hori could've built to this point with the "i have ochako's quirk" revelation.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think the possibility is definitely there, but I personally don't think it'll happen--if he survives. His mentality seems super sharp and focused, despite him hesitating with Twice, he's still able to focus on getting the job done. It's not even just the mental fortitude that's impressive, he's also able to push himself physically to accomplish the task. Still, entirely possible that this ends up being his breaking point. He did just kill someone he cared for.
If he survives this arc , I don't see him carrying on the same way. He's had to hurt or kill good people in the service of being a hero. You can only do that for so long, and I do think if he lives we will see that breaking point. Once he no longer feels it's worth it he's done, and that day could be rapidly approaching

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also, interesting chapter regarding the implications of Twice's death. This is the first time a hero kills a villain in the manga, right? i wonder how will this be framed later, considering Deku's sense of justice too and the other aspects of society. I'm guessing we'll get to see the rotten part of the hero system soon if Hawks gets his flashback, and might tie in with Dabi and Endeavor.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If he survives this arc , I don't see him carrying on the same way. He's had to hurt or kill good people in the service of being a hero. You can only do that for so long, and I do think if he lives we will see that breaking point. Once he no longer feels it's worth it he's done, and that day could be rapidly approaching
Hmm, true... Very true. If that's how it has to go, I kinda prefer the idea of him dying in the line of duty, to be honest. But at the same time... Bro, that's half of one of my favorite ships dying! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.