• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
When your alternative to the status quo is "survival of the fittest"

You can kindly fuck off.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
When your alternative to the status quo is "survival of the fittest"

You can kindly fuck off.
Yeah that's what the bad guys currently want which why they're the bad guys but that doesn't mean they aren't fighting a broken system that creates Villains, the story itself portrays it that way so by the end things will change, probably not the way the Villains are planning but a new Hero society is warranted

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'd argue the status quo already is survival of the fittest. Or rather, the fittest get to live the best lives. It goes back to the conversation last week. The world needs to change to accommodate not only the select few, but everyone when it comes to how quirks are treated. And I think there's a clear path for Deku to carve out that new understanding in the future. After all he was both quirkless and (eventually) the strongest hero ever.

Honestly just mass produce the quirk bullets and get rid of quirks, shit's not worth it /s

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'd argue the status quo already is survival of the fittest. Or rather, the fittest get to live the best lives. It goes back to the conversation last week. The world needs to change to accommodate not only the select few, but everyone when it comes to how quirks are treated. And I think there's a clear path for Deku to carve out that new understanding in the future. After all he was both quirkless and (eventually) the strongest hero ever.

Honestly just mass produce the quirk bullets and get rid of quirks, shit's not worth it /s
Yeeeppp and the only way for society to change is it to fall

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue the status quo already is survival of the fittest. Or rather, the fittest get to live the best lives.
I'mma call bullshit on this. Not getting to be a super cop like you always dreamed isn't some kind of grand tragedy, despite how Deku portrayed it. The entire existence of licenses prevents people from getting ahead in their daily lives by virtue of their quirk, as the law doesn't allow you to use your quirk off private property without a license. That's what the Super Power Libertarians want to change.

Twice's life went to shit long before his or anyone else's quirk got involved, and it was abusing his quirk in a way that society safeguards against that lead to his mental spiral.

If you got rid of quirks you would fix exactly 0% of what's wrong with society in MHA.

Yeeeppp and the only way for society to change is it to fall
That never results in the most vulnerable population suffering the most out of anyone before a new order not so different from the last is put into place. Nope.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Tace Have some food, my friend:

giphy.gif

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mmm Shigaraki is a child and his motivations are weak and simple. I know is cool to get attached to villain characters for whatever reason (voldemort and bellatrix have huge fanbases... yeah) but let's not try and justify their views and actions. I'm with wooz on the matter, he's articulated his posts quite well tbh. The league are psychos, you can make a point for redestro and the army's intentions a lot more than for shigaraki and his minions.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The idea isn't that they are not bad guys, the idea is that things could and should be better. All of them deserve to be six feet under but that doesn't mean the system can't be tweaked to stop people in the future from straying down the wrong path.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Mmm Shigaraki is a child and his motivations are weak and simple. I know is cool to get attached to villain characters for whatever reason (voldemort and bellatrix have huge fanbases... yeah) but let's not try and justify their views and actions. I'm with wooz on the matter, he's articulated his posts quite well tbh. The league are psychos, you can make a point for redestro and the army's intentions a lot more than for shigaraki and his minions.
I don't think anyone was trying to justify Shigaraki desires specifically, people here were defending the PLF desire to change the status quo, and like I said in an earlier post they're still the bad guys because of how they plan to achieve that

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I do like how Shiggy's stance on the overreliance on heroes and the MLA's ideals fold nicely together.

I can also give him slack cause his "destroy everything" is meant to be a parallel to All Might's and Deku's "save everyone", both are pretty unrealistic and I wonder if that will be addressed at one point.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't think anyone was trying to justify Shigaraki desires specifically, people here were defending the PLF desire to change the status quo, and like I said in an earlier post they're still the bad guys because of how they plan to achieve that
This conflates their intentions with critiques of how society is.

They don't care that society is flawed. They care that soceity is not the way they want it.

It looks similar, but its not the same.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The whole point isn't that they are right, which they clearly are not, it's that changes need to be made.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
they rushed like hell though that episode. Damn.
Fast dialogue, Cut pieces of conversation, cutting establishing shots, no comedic timing...
It's cool that pro-Hero will be in the season, but once again there will be sacrifices.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
High End fight looks like its gonna be done justice on the animation front judging by that preview. A lot of people that know some inside info are hyping it up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
High End fight looks like its gonna be done justice on the animation front judging by that preview. A lot of people that know some inside info are hyping it up.
I can see why, just going by the preview it'll have some of the best animation the anime has had.
Fast dialogue, Cut pieces of conversation, cutting establishing shots, no comedic timing...
It's cool that pro-Hero will be in the season, but once again there will be sacrifices.
The episode didn't really rush through things that much, it adapted three chapters. Which is normal by anime standards, though maybe a bit faster than usual for an exposition-heavy MHA episode.

Last edited:

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I can see why, just going by the preview it'll have some of the best animation the anime has had.

The episode didn't really rush through things that much, it adapted three chapters. Which is normal by anime standards, though maybe a bit faster than usual for an exposition-heavy MHA episode.
I guess so. Still there were missing pieces that bugged me.
There was no establishing shots that showed High-End was dwelling in the basement of a nursery, High-End didn't say "leave it to me" for whatever reason. They took away that page explaining the criteria for the hero billboard chart.
Near the end of the episode they took away Hawks' wild hand gestures for the "intelligence" line and chopped up the High-End attack so he just suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I know I ought to stop caring though lmao.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright read through a more accurate translation and you were right diakyu , I was wrong about my speculation.

... Though now I kinda wish my previous interpretation of events was how it actually happened, lol. I feel like Twice's split personality would probably still harbor some pity for how "unlucky" Hawks is in his eyes rather than revilement.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Glad I'm not the only one who though it was rushed, not to mention the bad music choices as usual, and some of the questionable choices they made like cutting the shot of the kindergarten so they could replace Ujiko for Dabi, really?

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's either going to end on the shot of Endeavor lifting his fist over High End or as I'm hoping, a huge cliffhanger with Dabi appearing.
Dabi would be the best choice, especially since they teased him this episode. Starting season 5 with their brief confrontation would be interesting...

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_b8ced0999e3152ypjpf.png

Season 5 is totally ending on this panel isn't it? It would need to adapt a couple more chapters than this season, but considering how action heavy those arcs are, as well as there being more shorter chapters in general, it's totally doable.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Season 5 is totally ending on this panel isn't it? It would need to adapt a couple more chapters than this season, but considering how action heavy those arcs are, as well as there being more shorter chapters in general, it's totally doable.
They usually end on a Villain tease so I was thinking more it would end on that scene where Shigaraki is laughing while experimented on

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shivers down my spine when finally hearing Wash's voice. The cleansing that is surely coming will be terrifying in the anime.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The season is ending with the Dabi cliffhanger, re-reading the arc I don't it's possible to go up to 191 next episode, 191 is all dialogue and 187 to 190 has a lot of cuts to reacting and talking

AkaiShiki

Dec 28, 2019

That would be hype. Can't wait for season 6...

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on that preview, maybe I'm worrying a little too much about how this arc will be adapted. That looks promising.

Also I thought the pacing of this episode was pretty good, but that's because the anime's pacing is usually the worst thing about it. This actually felt like a normal episode in an anime for a change and was oddly refreshing.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one who though it was rushed, not to mention the bad music choices as usual, and some of the questionable choices they made like cutting the shot of the kindergarten so they could replace Ujiko for Dabi, really?
What do you mean replace it was always Dabi

The kindergarten exclusion is weird tho

Status
Not open for further replies.