• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Additional preview image.

ETkzy-Fu-Xk-AU4-I7d.jpg

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Right especially when this episode we'll have the Class -1A performance, the Class 1B play, the beauty pageant, plus (hopefully) any time showing the students enjoying the festival.

Will be interesting to see how Bones adapt it all.
By cutting out 1B because "lol 1B". :P

In all seriousness, most of that can probably be covered by montages.

Oct 25, 2017
montage over the anime original song with scenes from all those events and class 1a watching and participating with occasional cut ins to the performance, can do it all in 4 minutes.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The performance is THE moment I've been wanting to see in the anime for years now, so it will literally make or break the season for me.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Where's that convo I read somewhere on this site recently about the kind of hero Deku will have to become? It made me realize that if I wanted to I could easily frame the plot of MHA as the privileged class beating down the less fortunate if I wanted to. Obviously the point is to bridge the gap between those who can succeed in this world and those born with the inability to do so by the end of the series and I'm excited to see if/how it's handled.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Where's that convo I read somewhere on this site recently about the kind of hero Deku will have to become? It made me realize that if I wanted to I could easily frame the plot of MHA as the privileged class beating down the less fortunate if I wanted to. Obviously the point is to bridge the gap between those who can succeed in this world and those born with the inability to do so by the end of the series and I'm excited to see if/how it's handled.

I don't like to draw too much attention to myself, but this subject is one I'm quite interested in. I've written two analyses of the issues raised in the MLA arc:
sheev66.tumblr.com

“Hero Society” or Society of Heroes?

Although they fight for the liberation of quirks, the MLA’s position on heroes is ambiguous. Slide ‘n’ Go is one of their key allies and the heroes use their powers in the “liberated” way that the MLA...
sheev66.tumblr.com

Why the cause of Re-Destro and the Meta Liberation Army is righteous

Back when chapter 218 was published, inaugurating the current villain-centric arc, I observed some confusion within the MHA readership. It seemed unnecessary that an organization like the MLA should...

To summarize, I believe that the society depicted in MHA is one that has not fully come to terms with proliferation of superpowers and has a problem with the way it idolizes and privileges the hero class. All Might, while a force for good, didn't solve any of these problems. I think that provides an excellent opportunity for Deku's generation to come in with a different perspective and bring in some real change.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I don't like to draw too much attention to myself, but this subject is one I'm quite interested in. I've written two analyses of the issues raised in the MLA arc:
sheev66.tumblr.com

Although they fight for the liberation of quirks, the MLA’s position on heroes is ambiguous. Slide ‘n’ Go is one of their key allies and the heroes use their powers in the “liberated” way that the MLA...
sheev66.tumblr.com

Back when chapter 218 was published, inaugurating the current villain-centric arc, I observed some confusion within the MHA readership. It seemed unnecessary that an organization like the MLA should...

To summarize, I believe that the society depicted in MHA is one that has not fully come to terms with proliferation of superpowers and has a problem with the way it idolizes and privileges the hero class. All Might, while a force for good, didn't solve any of these problems. I think that provides an excellent opportunity for Deku's generation to come in with a different perspective and bring in some real change.
Sheev 66 though

Nice

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
sheev66.tumblr.com

sheev66.tumblr.com

I actually really like this, especially the second post. I agree with everything you said there and honestly it's one of the most interesting aspects of the series (and one that just goes ignored by many imo).

I recently had to do a group discussion in class about applying queer theory (or rather a loose interpretation of it) to children's media and the series that came to mind the most to me was MHA because, well it's a pretty prevalent children's media in my life that handles these issues, and it features a lot of commentary about what it means to conform to societal norms. While I don't think it fits the obvious definition of queer theory where it deals with gendered norms, I do think it has a lot to say about the concept of othering which a lot of MHA characters on both sides experience due to how they're born (Spinner, Toga, Shinso, etc). I think Hori has done a really good job at showing that things really need to change, it isn't just a matter of beating the bad guys.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I would have kept the original flow of the Eri moment but it was a good adaption regardless.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yaoyorozu!

Very good episode. It's my favorite of the season. The performance was very well done and I liked seeing Jiro's flashback again, as well as how it was presented.

Kendo!!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So since we still have two episodes left, I guess we have to get the full High End fight.

But that also made me realize, they are 100% going to leave it off on this panel creating such a cliffhanger for the anime crowd that will only disappoint once it comes back.

MOD EDIT: Removed prohibited content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The balls they'd need to end on that panel. I couldn't even be mad. People did want anime onlys to experience the Aoyama cliffhanger. This would be that x100

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So since we still have two episodes left, I guess we have to get the full High End fight.

But that also made me realize, they are 100% going to leave it off on this panel creating such a cliffhanger for the anime crowd that will only disappoint once it comes back.

MOD EDIT: Removed prohibited content.
The balls they'd need to end on that panel. I couldn't even be mad. People did want anime onlys to experience the Aoyama cliffhanger. This would be that x100

It's kind of where it has to end since assuming next episode adapts 3 chapters, I don't see how they can fit more than 4 chapters in the final episode without ether extending the episode or cutting a shitload of material

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Great episode. Eri's smile was great and song was awesome. Nejire's performance was good and Tamaki's fairy comment and smile were nice to see.
So...how are they gonna do pro hero in 2 episodes?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
That was a decent adaptation but I feel like the manga version had way more energy. I guess that chapter having unfinished panels worked in its favor. The direction just felt a little flat at parts. Stuff like the ice, audience floating and even Eri's reaction felt more impactful in the manga.

Song was pretty good though.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to end the season on that panel then that really suggests to me that we're going to have to find out what Dabi's deal is right now in the manga. Paranormal Liberation War arc is going to have to be Season 5 at the rate we're going, and it seems like Dabi is finally going to have his moment here. It'd be kinda shitty to have such a terrible cliffhanger not "eventually" get resolved in the same season it's setting up.

And yeah I'm still 50/50 on whether "Dabi is Touya" is the obvious route they'll go with.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
If they're going to end the season on that panel then that really suggests to me that we're going to have to find out what Dabi's deal is right now in the manga. Paranormal Liberation War arc is going to have to be Season 5 at the rate we're going, and it seems like Dabi is finally going to have his moment here. It'd be kinda shitty to have such a terrible cliffhanger not "eventually" get resolved in the same season it's setting up.

And yeah I'm still 50/50 on whether "Dabi is Touya" is the obvious route they'll go with.
I sure hope so. Dabi is Touya. Anything else would be needlessly complicated. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best.

Also, tfw you realize you're more excited to see Mirko than anyone else in the anime next week. In the manga I was definitely more excited about Hawks. Them teasing Hawks in the season and movie already blunted his upcoming actual debut I feel

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

Dab is Touya ofc. Who else could it be?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, all the evidence says Touya
Maybe, but it makes so much thematic sense to me. And the timeline makes more sense, too. I'd think that Endeavor would know that he wasn't dead. Like, I don't see how he gets burned to death (presumably, given those scars) then rolls in to the VA after the Stain fiasco.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Maybe, but it makes so much thematic sense to me. And the timeline makes more sense, too. I'd think that Endeavor would know that he wasn't dead. Like, I don't see how he gets burned to death (presumably, given those scars) then rolls in to the VA after the Stain fiasco.
Nah, with all the touya tease/evidence, I'm sure its him. Almost everyone is

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
God these chapters are never enough. I want more. I'm not sure if Hawks is going to make it out of this.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Big death flag right there... and Dabi roasting him at the end of the chapter. Jesus, Hori's not holding back. I expect Hawks to somehow survive that though, but not the rest of this fight. Still, cool to see he was able to deal with Twice despite the latter's power.

Tokoyami smiling and hoping Hawks could see him though... Hori why??? (๑ಥ﹏ಥ)ﻭ

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Well now we know where Giga is, but he's not gonna do anything unless Shiggy tells him to?

Pretty clear at this point it's all building up to Shiggy awakening and wrecking the absolute fuck out of everyone and everything.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah go Tokoyami!

Oh damn, Hawks is down. Hope you like roast bird meat.

Yeah, shit's going to go south real soon. Especially when Shigaraki wakes up.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Man this arc is getting really close to being top 1, all I need is for Compress and Toga to get a fight and for Shigaraki to make his grand entrance, and once he comes the PLF will have both a new Powered up Shigaraki and Giganto so the Heroes are completely screwed there

I'm expecting Hawks death to be confirmed next chapter, this chapter you had Tokoyami planting him a deathflag and then you it on Hawks getting completely engulfed in flames, RIP to the number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.