• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
anyone find it weird how All For One was permanently disfigured and lost to a guy whose power was "punch things super hard" and shiggy is tanking reality warpers

the powercreep in this series is insane
They explained like during camp arc that AFO found the healing ability way too late so he couldn't heal himself properly (i know) and All Might prime is still stronger than Star he was the number one in the world

Both AFO and All might were nerfed by injuries so we never seen there true powers

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Shigaraki made a critical error. He ascended from deep in the ocean to the sky too fast. Will pass out start of next chapter. It's Star's win.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So yesterday Deku was trending because some guy spread misinformation about Deku's Dad being the black army guy from this chapter which lead to a large part of AniTwitter joking about Deku being half black, if you search up "Deku's Dad" now on Twitter you can see a lot of people being tricked, also by just checking the quotes off this tweet

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
She makes a rule that she can't be touched, or her quirk can't be stolen, or whoever touches her gets instantly repelled, or she simply just gave herself a air shield

Hawks and Endeavour show up to by time for to escape and report back to the World Hero Organization, Hawks can divert Shigaraki's attention to himself by telling him that he killed Twice
Still sounds like a loss to me

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So yesterday Deku was trending because some guy spread misinformation about Deku's Dad being the black army guy from this chapter which lead to a large part of AniTwitter joking about Deku being half black, if you search up "Deku's Dad" now on Twitter you can see a lot of people being tricked, also by just checking the quotes off this tweet

Turns out his mom is actually Star and he wins by revealing his real quirk and rewrite the manga

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shigaraki made a critical error. He ascended from deep in the ocean to the sky too fast. Will pass out start of next chapter. It's Star's win.
Should've read Grand Blue instead of playing Smash

goddamnit

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

I was wondering what the fuck people were talking about lmao. Was thinking "wait why would Deku's dad appear now, there is no way"

Anyway the power scaling has been blown to bits. Zero clue how you get out of this hole Hori dug himself into. Guessing she won't die and has one last thing up her sleeve. If she does Shiggy is just too much lol. Looks fucking amazing though, RIP BONES cause the killer art is carrying the fights and we know they aren't going to try.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anymore lol

This doesn't even feel like Shigaraki

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish I was enjoying this fight more than....not at all tbh. Really hope the fight is actually over now.

Star might survive this, but I get the feeling she'll have quirk stolen and that alone feels lame.

Not interested in Shiggy/AFO getting more busted.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, saving my judgment for next week. Art is fantastic as usual though.

I'll say it again, I don't envy Bones in the slightest.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
They explained like during camp arc that AFO found the healing ability way too late so he couldn't heal himself properly (i know) and All Might prime is still stronger than Star he was the number one in the world

Both AFO and All might were nerfed by injuries so we never seen there true powers
i'm not questioning the internal logic, I'm concerned about the fact that a few characters are so far above everyone else that it makes the rest of the cast irrelevant

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted
i'm not questioning the internal logic, I'm concerned about the fact that a few characters are so far above everyone else that it makes the rest of the cast irrelevant
This is the manga with tail guy and invisible girl
Not saying you aren't right but we knew most of the cast was getting left behind

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Tunneling a little underground shouldn't have done a thing to protect Shiggy from that impact. Actually, if anything it would have concentrated the energy into a smaller area, frying Shiggy even worse.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
I love Start's display of power..but as fight, it was just Shigaraki tanking shit until he got his opening. The super-regeneration quirk just takes out a lot of the tension.

Personally, I hope that, just before Shigaraki touched her, she placed a rule protecting her getting her quirk stolen. Shigaraki wouldn't decay her before trying to rob her of her quirk first.

A female super-heroine getting her powers stolen would be just as bad as she dying. It sucks when that happens in the comics and it would also suck if it happens to Star in MHA...which is exactly why I'm afraid this will happen :/

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I love Start's display of power..but as fight, it was just Shigaraki tanking shit until he got his opening. The super-regeneration quirk just takes out a lot of the tension.

Personally, I hope that, just before Shigaraki touched her, she placed a rule protecting her getting her quirk stolen. Shigaraki wouldn't decay her before trying to rob her of her quirk first.

A female super-heroine getting her powers stolen would be just as bad as she dying. It sucks when that happens in the comics and it would also suck if it happens to Star in MHA...which is exactly why I'm afraid this will happen :/
Back to back super skilled and powerful and infamous female character appears fight the male character before getting taken out of the equation

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the quirk gets stolen... I just don't even know

If the quirk doesn't get stolen and she dies, I just don't even know...

If the quirk doesn't get stolen and she lives, then what was the point of all this

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Getting really tired of Shigaraki being invincible and surviving the most absurd shit just because. The manga is giving serious Bleach vibes right now.

Yep. Shit sucks now and it's basically because of him alone. I knew this was coming the moment they started boosting him to absurd levels back in the Villain Academia arc.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil

If the quirk doesn't get stolen and she lives, then what was the point of all this
I think the ideal outcome would be for her quirk to not get stolen and her not dying, but still getting taken out in the process to allow Japan's heroes to take care of their own problem. Also, a weakened and retreating Shigaraki could give the heroes the trail they needed to launch their counter-attack against the villains.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Well in this scenario there's still a lot that can because of this fight if she reports back to the World Hero HQ with info on Shigaraki, it would introduce her character and then give her a reason to be off the table for the time being, show off Shigaraki's durability and capabilities, and it could possibly lead to a sacrifice from Endeavour and Hawks if they show up

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
- Introduces a potentially interesting female character
- Thirst draws her for a few chapters
- Fridges her

Horikoshi never changes

Last edited:

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Guys, I think this thing's broken. I keep hitting the rewind button but nothing's happening.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
shiggy becoming so ridiculous has deflated a lot of the tension the series used to have for me

at this point I'm mostly reading for all might's eventual demise, which I do think will be powerful.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I get that, but it could be done a little more... gracefully. Also, it seems like we're only getting a few panels of really good art these last few weeks and a lot of reused assets and blank panels of exposition. Overall quality nosedive is not great.
It didn't even feel like that long ago where things were looking good and the storytelling was still alright.

What happened to this series?
I don't really see any quality drop with the art or the writing, like increasing the power escalation doesn't automatically mean it's bad, right now we have the world's strongest hero fighting the final boss of the manga so of course it's going to be in a bigger scale than anything we've seen

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Well in this scenario there's still a lot that can because of this fight if she reports back to the World Hero HQ with info on Shigaraki, it would introduce her character and then give her a reason to be off the table for the time being, show off Shigaraki's durability and capabilities, and it could possibly lead to a sacrifice from Endeavour and Hawks if they show up

9d1e37914b558bb7f01c73489fbdfb4f.gif

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man… wtf is this manga anymore. One of my least fav tropes in shonen is introducing a new top tier character only for them to job, or in this case possibly even worse, have their ability stolen. If it's not stolen then what's the point in this. Man…

…At least the art pretty.

Exactly. No win after this fight started honestly.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Deku's Charisma needs to be at 999 for his Talk no Jutsu to even have a chance of working here.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
On the hypothesis Star's Quirk getting stolem, I would love if it, somehow, backfired on Shiggy. Something like it's Quirk that doesn't work well when mixed with others or that trying to use it without Stars's year of training actually leaves Shigaraki more vulnerable.

On the hand, I feel like, unlike Shiggy, AFO is less concerned about the Quirk itself and more about taking Star out of the equation so that his overseas friends can finally have their fun.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Clear cliffhanger bait, character that a deathflag planted on herself has the chapter ends with a deathblow about to hit her without it being confirmed that it connected all while in the very same chapter we see a character( Endeavour) heading towards that location

We've been here before, this is clear bait

We saw Endeavour heading there?

To be honest, because of Shigaraki's quirk how can anyone close combat fighter beat him? Even before this power up, one touch and it's game over. Shouldn't his decay work on everyone?