• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
That is very wrong, Iida was a very petty person before his whole thing with stain, now he is a person that not only Deku but the whole class can depend on

Eh, he wasn't that petty. He loudly praised Uraraka when she felt bad about her reason for becoming a hero was't noble enough (money to support her family) he just had a bad case of tunnel vision that he grew out of.

Oct 25, 2017
I like Midoriya and Bakugo. Midoriya is just a good kid who wants to be a good hero, and after watching a bunch of shonen where the hero is very loud, it's nice to see a more subdued character. Bakugo is a nice foil for him too, he's just super angry all the time and can't really be reasoned with. But his stubbornness also means he can't be easily he swayed by people like the villains. He's made up his mind to be a hero, and no one is going to talk him out of it.

Iida is boring as fuck though

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, he wasn't that petty. He loudly praised Uraraka when she felt bad about her reason for becoming a hero was't noble enough (money to support her family) he just had a bad case of tunnel vision that he grew out of.
Well I didn't have that notion from him, I guess his awkward style made me believe he was petty

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Anyone else feel Baku's Dad feels/looks like Iida?

Yoo he kinda does. A weird mix of Bakugo and Iida.

I don't know about that. Kid's consistently around the top if not on top of all the various popularity polls regardless of where it's being conducted. I don't think he's any more "miss" than the average main character.

Correctomundo Silf, I should clarify. He's pretty hit or miss on Resetera. Tbh I think he has plenty of personality, I just think since Deku isn't an aggressive soul he doesn't stand out as much as say Bakugo or Kirishima. But the dude has a great heart and is a total fanboy like us. I love his geeky monologues too where his chatter slowly takes up the whole screen

Deku came from nothing and was chosen by his idol off the strength of his character. That's good shit and I can empathize 100%.

I mean, if Spider-Man gave me his powers, and offered to mentor me, I'd be crying a lot too.

Yeah, I wonder why so many people are so hard on Midoriya on Restera. I love that little dork. Then again, I still don't like Bakugou.

Yes, I've read the manga....Iida's my favorite character though and I feel like he's under-appreciated

Fair points. I'm satisfied with their relationship and how Bakugo is being handled, though if you look at him compared to the rest of the series, I think Kohei definitely made him too mean at the beginning. It's clear he always wanted Bakugo to have an abrasive personality, but I feel like he was probably still seeing how far to take it early on.

Overall it was a nice episode. Biggest moment, to me, was All Might literally saying to Deku AND his Mom that he believes Deku can become the next Symbol of Peace. Ummmm... that's pretty huge. I'm really curious to how Deku will grow.

Deku's Mom being very hesitant to allow Deku go this dorm idea is very refreshing and nice to see. I gotta admit.... it would've been very interesting to see Deku stripped from going to UA and must go to a different school. THAT could've been a very interesting plot line.

I also like the very brief foreshadowing (I think) of when Bakugo asks All Might what's the big deal about Deku. The screen zooms up on Bakugo as he says, "Thanks". Is Bakugo becoming... jealous? Like, he looks up to All Might as well but even he must be somewhat jealous that All Might OBVIOUSLY and BLATANTLY has a soft spot for Deku.

Yeah, him confessing his belief in Deku as the next symbol was a terrific moment. Inko was shook. I do love anything to do with the parents on this show. It's really nice to have an anime with active parenting lol.

Bakugo's a surprisingly tough one to read when he's not foaming at the mouth.

Remember when Bakugou fucking entered orbit when he escaped from the League?

Top 5 anime moment of the year so far lol. That shit was cuh-razzzzy.

I need this photoshop so bad lol.

Someone better than me, make it happen haha. I just bring the words and the occasional lame joke

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think I missed why this switch to a dorm system is supposed to help things. Is it so that UA can keep a closer eye on the students or something?

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
I remember how surprised I was to find out that Bakugo actually had parents in season 1, he seemed like he was raised by wolves or something .
I loved seeing her smush that SOB.
I went from absolutely despising Kac-chan to now having a grudging respect for him and his use of his quirk. Kind of how I feel about Tom Brady, he's a skillful asshole

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, he was kind of a dick at the start. Remember when he gave Midoriya that pointer finger and told Midoriya that he will beat him during the Sports Festival?

That's him being angsty, not all loud and abrasive like Bakugo and Kirishima often are

We already know what his real personality is, and aggressive the last word I'd use to describe him lol

Never! Lol. But he's definitely got more angst than Deku, which can lead to aggressiveness like we saw last season. See: Sasuke

vbq92V2.gif

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Deku's gotta chill with the tears, its pretty much water works every other scene lol.
It loses meaning and just becomes obnoxious,

All Might called it out to.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For me its obnoxious of often he does, and I think the show acknowledges it by making fun of him for it, like All Might did today.
Unless crying is something that is inherently bothersome, it being frequent doesn't really seem like it's reason enough on its own. It's not like he cries excessively relative to the various circumstances that make him cry.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
You anime only's finally got to see the greatness of Bakumom.

Her appearance in the anime will do nicely for the fan art ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)