• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
READ BEFORE POSTING:
Listen up, you damn nerds. Not everyone in this thread will have read the manga, which is being serialised and released in tankōbon at different rates around the world. DO NOT spoil key plot developments ahead of time and use spoiler tags where necessary. Thank you.

A20356-2708349155.1519057411.jpg

Premieres 07/04/18

Animation Production: BONES
No. of episodes: 25

What does this adapt?
End of Volume 8 onwards

Where to watch:
Japan: YTV, NTV, and others
US: Crunchyroll, Hulu
Other territories (TBC): Crunchyroll

Key Staff:
Director: Kenji Nagasaki
Series Composition: Yousuke Kuroda
Music: Yuki Hayashi
Original creator: Kōhei Horikoshi
Character Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi

New Voice Talent:
Chisa Suganuma as Mandalay
Meiko Kawasaki as Ragdoll
Shinnosuke Ogami as Tora
Serina Machiyama as Pixie-bob
Michiru Yamazaki as Kōta Izumi

Opening Theme:
#1: "Odd Future" by UVERworld

Ending Theme:
#1: "Update" by miwa

PV 1

PV 2

Note to those who watch dubbed:
The simuldub is apparently delayed for Episode 1 but will be on schedule for Episode 2 onwards.

Last edited:

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Hyped for this. Do we know what sort of time Crunchyroll will be airing it?

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Seems first episode is sadly a recap episode with some new material thrown in, temper your expectations if you weren't aware xD

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Seems first episode is sadly a recap episode with some new material thrown in, temper your expectations if you weren't aware xD

Thought we might get this, given Season 2 had one.

Ah well, guess the first week of this thread will likely mostly just be discussing past seasons then.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Ready as hell!

Though first episode is recap? Lame!

Yeah and hope no manga spoilers in this thread

Nov 2, 2017
Finally dont know why this came so late.

Hype

You know, I talked with a friend of mine (who has read the manga while I haven't) that one of my expectations for this season was a bit more fanservice, simply because it was summer. I didn't expect to get that in the very first episode.

The first episode being mostly recap is a bit lame, but hopefully there will at least be good and funny character interactions to make up for it.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I talked with a friend of mine (who has read the manga while I haven't) that one of my expectations for this season was a bit more fanservice, simply because it was summer. I didn't expect to get that in the very first episode.

The first episode being mostly recap is a bit lame, but hopefully there will at least be good and funny character interactions to make up for it.
The series has always needed more time of kids just being kids. Its just so fast paced we never catch our breaths and relax. Even the one time they could have had a fun time at the mall shopping it became an intense shigaraki moment. Lost opprotunity.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Will Overhaul appear in this season?

Last edited:

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Bummed that the dub is already delayed for the first episode. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the promised day 1 dubs like we had with Season 2. Hopefully the production is going smoothly but this has me a bit worried.

At least they've said episode 2 is still on track, and with the first being a recap episode it's not the end of the world or anything.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Woooo, forgot this one is coming up.
To manga readers, without spoiling anything, are we in for a treat this season compared to the great S2?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To manga readers, without spoiling anything, are we in for a treat this season compared to the great S2?
Below isn't a spoiler but anyone other than Galkinator shouldn't read if they don't want any expectation of how good/bad this is gonna be
You're in for what is by far the best part of MHA

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Below isn't a spoiler but anyone other than Galkinator shouldn't read if they don't want any expectation of how good/bad this is gonna be
You're in for what is by far the best part of MHA

If all goes well, we're getting the next HxH Episode 131 this season.

I think its pretty much universal that this season will be covering the very best moments of the entire series (thus far at least).

IdleCaringHogget-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The animation this season is going to be something to behold.

Especially that part.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
The animation this season is going to be something to behold.

Especially that part.
See people like to be vague about things like this but theres so many good moments coming up I legit have no idea which one you are referring to XD

I think its pretty much universal that this season will be covering the very best moments of the entire series (thus far at least).