• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Season?

• Season 1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Season 2

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Season 3

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Suneater hype!! Pretty good episode, the moment itself didn't feel as epic as I'd hoped... but glad to finally see Red Riot Unbreakable! Didn't expect them to see that little flashback there, that was a neat surprise. The opening scene was great, very cool sudden Yutapon. Although, I really didn't like the Meteor Fafrotskies scene. I was expecting a bit more but it was meh, though at least it was clearer than in the manga.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Red Riot Unbreakable!!!
hlADUgi.gif

Red Gun Turret!!!
yLhZTBe.gif

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Solid adaptation of the Nejire stuff early, great stuff with Kirishima later. Loved this one!

Updates
OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Added a new character spotlight section to the OP, Kirishima and Fatgum now have their own bios. Also added some more information on Overhaul, Sir Nighteye, and Eri. Cover art has been changed as well, thanks Bunkitz for finding the image!

Tried adding a new poll as well, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work. You guys can ignore it for now, I'll try to get it fixed a little bit later on. The question will stay the same though if you guys want to start thinking about your favorite season.

And with that, time to watch this week's episode!

Oct 25, 2017
Suneater was pretty epic, as well as FatGum. FatGum is so cool.

Kirishima love most of the episode was great (and bakucrew moment as he spoke aloud was nice too).

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Damn we need a Krishima spin off show, I like him more as main lol

iZ3RA3H.png

Btw was the end there hinting at he has somethin goin with Alien girl?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What makes characters like Kirishima and Mirio so great is because they are secondary so they dont need to follow some standards protagonists must. If you make those the main character you lose some part of what make them great.

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Favorite episode of the season yet. We finally get to see Nejire and Tamaki in action. How do you guys like Suneater's quirk? I always thought it was really cool. It's nice to see Uraraka and Tsu in action again

Kirishima though! That animation was incredible. Kirishima in general should be a lot more beloved. He's always been kind and earnest, and I've liked his friendship with Bakugo since USJ. Speaking of, it's nice Bakugo has people he influences like Deku does. Deku's influenced Todoroki and Iida among many others, and now we've seen Bakugo influence Kaminari and Kirishima. The twin suns of 1-A indeed. That brief flashback to Kirishima's past also raises a lot of juicy questions

A gun that can take quirks away...a drug that can boost someone's quirks...I hope you are all appreciating the threat Overhaul poses.

Can't wait for the next episode. Things are heating up now. Don't forget to watch the post credits scene!

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't help but notice the parallels between Red Riot working on a timer until his ultimate form ran out and late period All Might.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Kirishima is a badass. Please have a big role this season.
So Fat Gum is just... a fat guy? People been hyping him, but I'm not feeling it yet.
Loving the visual elements they're adding this season. Things like Present Mics onomatopoeia and the character cards for Uravity and Froppy. Loving this.
Getting annoyed at all these post-credit scenes. If you're not teasing something, just put it in the episode proper. I liked the scene itself though, because I like seeing the cast talk to each other.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also I know people love to praise Yutaka Nakamura, with reason, but we must praise Uda Sakiko too, she did Deku x Muscular before and now she did the Unbreakable scene really well.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Cool ep. Kirishima's form is dope. I like how their little side thing was still relevant to the main plot

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Glad they gave Kirishima some budget for his big moment. That shit was awesome. He's definitely best boy in this series and needs to get his flowers.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Kirishima is a badass. Please have a big role this season.
So Fat Gum is just... a fat guy? People been hyping him, but I'm not feeling it yet.
Loving the visual elements they're adding this season. Things like Present Mics onomatopoeia and the character cards for Uravity and Froppy. Loving this.
Getting annoyed at all these post-credit scenes. If you're not teasing something, just put it in the episode proper. I liked the scene itself though, because I like seeing the cast talk to each other.

Trust me with Fatgum, you'll understand soon why people hype him.

Kirishima is my favourite alongside Bakugo so it was nice to finally see this part animated

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Crazy good episode, Kirishima is the man. That shot when he was ready to charge with the red eye looked so badass.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The animation was ace at the beginning of the chapter, it kinda clashed with what came after...

Kirishima's arc is why he's my favorite character from the manga.

And that R on his belt will never not be a huge Team Rocket reference, lmao.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The animation was ace at the beginning of the chapter, it kinda clashed with what came after...

Kirishima's arc is why he's my favorite character from the manga.

And that R on his belt will never not be a huge Team Rocket reference, lmao.
Hot take: I think Unbreakable was better animated than the Yutapon stuff

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
RED RIOT

Great episode, love my boy Kirishima.

Also if you are more interested in the idea of drugs powering up quirks, I believe it was actually first introduced in a spin off.

513iG6YjZKL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's not as good as the main series and it has it's ups and downs but they do some pretty neat stuff with it and build up side characters from the main series.
I don't think Vigilantes launched until after this chapter, but I might be misremembering. It does expand a lot on that kind of thing, though.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Vigilantes launched until after this chapter, but I might be misremembering. It does expand a lot on that kind of thing, though.

In my memory Vigilantes came first cause I swear when this occurred in the manga, I thought "oh it's Trigger from Vigilantes". I'm pretty sure it was super early in Vigilantes though. Vigilantes started in 2016 so it's been around for a while.

Actually looked it up, Vigilantes started in August 2016 and this chapter came out April 2017

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
In my memory Vigilantes came first cause I swear when this occurred in the manga, I thought "oh it's Trigger from Vigilantes". I'm pretty sure it was super early in Vigilantes though. Vigilantes started in 2016 so it's been around for a while.

Actually looked it up, Vigilantes started in August 2016 and this chapter came out April 2017
Welp, shows what I know.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Shigaraki gradually developing into a competent mastermind is interesting.
Definitely. The way he's handling Overhaul is a good contrast to the way he dealt with Stain and really shows how he's grown as a potential mastermind.

When Stain rejected the League and turned against Shigaraki it led to him having a tantrum where he just threw away a number of Nomu. Then when he's originally presented with the idea of acting like he was allied with Stain to draw members to the League he threw another tantrum. He had a huge problem with his ego and basically lost control whenever he was challenged.

Now Overhaul shows up, tells Shigaraki that he's a trash leader and then kills one member and severely injures another. Rather than immediately retaliating Shigaraki actually ends up being the voice of reason by telling the other members of the League to not retaliate and we're now seeing him go along with Overhaul's plan, albeit on his terms. He's no doubt still working towards getting back at Overhaul, he's just being more calculating about it rather than immediately rushing to action.

Shigaraki felt really underused last season so I'm glad that we're actually picking up with him again and he's finally getting further development.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Definitely. The way he's handling Overhaul is a good contrast to the way he dealt with Stain and really shows how he's grown as a potential mastermind.

When Stain rejected the League and turned against Shigaraki it led to him having a tantrum where he just threw away a number of Nomu. Then when he's originally presented with the idea of acting like he was allied with Stain to draw members to the League he threw another tantrum. He had a huge problem with his ego and basically lost control whenever he was challenged.

Now Overhaul shows up, tells Shigaraki that he's a trash leader and then kills one member and severely injures another. Rather than immediately retaliating Shigaraki actually ends up being the voice of reason by telling the other members of the League to not retaliate and we're now seeing him go along with Overhaul's plan, albeit on his terms. He's no doubt still working towards getting back at Overhaul, he's just being more calculating about it rather than immediately rushing to action.

Shigaraki felt really underused last season so I'm glad that we're actually picking up with him again and he's finally getting further development.

Shigaraki is behaving more like Chrollo from The Phantom Troupe.