• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Season?

• Season 1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Season 2

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Season 3

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
seeing the disparity between sub and dub is kinda sad ngl

Like I know anime fans in general like subs more but the MHA dub is a masterclass

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't understand why a character like Mineta exists. Is he supposed to be funny? He ruins every scene he's in.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Episode was pretty good for a recap. Better than the season 3 one.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
My Hero Academia S4 Upcoming titles episodes:

#02: Overhaul (10/19)

#03: Boy Meets (10/26)

There will be a break on November 2nd

#04: Go Against Fate (11/9)

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Lmao that OP was so mediocre. That topic about how lame MH OP's were had me looking forward to it but man they dropped the ball again. Also im okay with recaps but nothing is more hype deflating then starting the season off with one. Like it wouldn't make sense to have one later so I just say don't recap. They even recapped who every one of the class were!
Dub rules but I think the sub where Deku defeats Muscular is superior
Definitely agree. I watched in it JP afterwords and that voice acting was intense as fuck!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why a character like Mineta exists. Is he supposed to be funny? He ruins every scene he's in.

tumblr_p76tx7PDjE1uj4pe8o1_540.png

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

That means 7 caps in 3 eps

Also I think it is better to spoiler tag these

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
seeing the disparity between sub and dub is kinda sad ngl

Like I know anime fans in general like subs more but the MHA dub is a masterclass
I usually go sub for other anime but the dub is indeed a master class

Sabat as All Might. You can't beat that.

That means 7 caps in 3 eps

Also I think it is better to spoiler tag these
It's fine, the titles don't really give anything away. Appreciate you being cautious though NSESN

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dub might be great, but let's not pretend that the Japanese VO isn't fantastic too lol. The voices suit the characters so well and there's an intensity to it that makes it more enjoyable for me to watch tbh.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MHA is a show where I like both the English and Japanese pretty much equally and I watch both of them.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I got spoiled by the comment section of the opening 6 video on youtube. Guess I'll just start reading the manga now since now I need to know more. I think the recap/filler was fine, way more enjoyable than in other animes.
Manga fans have also been putting out a lot of fake spoilers lately so there's a possibility you might have not been spoiled

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So I finally watched it. Honestly I was expecting something worse looking at some posts here but it was fine. Just fine, had some decent shots in it too for a filler recap episode.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Just watched it.
I was pretty hyped to hear the introduction to a new remix of "you say run". They didn't use it all in season 3 so I'm looking forward to it's triumphant return.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I like the extra scenes they added, also that Nighteye scene reminded why I never liked him

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Alright episode. Still just starting the arc, after all. Something seemed off with Deku's face multiple times throughout the episode, I wonder why. Didn't expect his voice to change too when he did that All Might bit though, haha. That was great.

Glad to see them not hold back with Magne's death scene, though I wasn't a fan of the visualization of her skin kinda... bubbling up?

Also, Bones... This is the second time now you've used Momo's theme. Both times you've used them for Mirio scenes. That's weird. I get that it kinda fits him too given his cheerful personality, but I still find it weird that they're using a character theme for a different character. Ehh, oh well.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
That was a great episode and actual start to the season. Was expecting the meeting with Overhaul to go bad but definitely didn't expect it to go that bad, interested to see if the League really gets a chance to retaliate what with them being two people down at this point.

It's interesting to see things that All For One mentioned during the prison chat with All Might starting to come to fruition already. Guessing we'll see more of that crop up over the season.

Midoriya changing what kind of hero he wants to be was a really nice little moment. Rather than wanting to just be All Might he finally set himself his own target.

I also already love Mirio, he's a huge goof and on that same optimistic hero bullshit that Midoriya/All Might are on and I'm totally here for that.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Fun fact for anime viewers, Bubble Girl was designed by a fan who won a hero design contest.