• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Season?

• Season 1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Season 2

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Season 3

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd like them to do this, I don't think the animation team has any sort of inclination to improve the story or remove problematic elements.

Bubble-girl is even more frustrating in a sense because they could take it out the tickling and the story wouldn't be effected at all. It's just a one-off gag, not a moment of any significance.
I actually prefer the bubble girl scene in the anime, in the manga it was just out of place, in the anime it had a good transition into Deku's All Might impersonation

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
A-hah!

Glad to see it wasn't just me who found their faces off-looking in this scene. Hope this won't be a recurring issue this season.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A-hah!

Glad to see it wasn't just me who found their faces off-looking in this scene. Hope this won't be a recurring issue this season.

I honestly dont see the difference, specially when they arent even the same shots (like todoroki's teeth show in the second one and not in the first one)

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly dont see the difference, specially when they arent even the same shots (like todoroki's teeth show in the second one and not in the first one)
The mouth's one of the things the poster edited. As for the length of their faces, it's a small difference so it may be hard to notice for some. That said, even if it's only a small change, it makes them look significantly better for me.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The mouth's one of the things the poster edited. As for the length of their faces, it's a small difference so it may be hard to notice for some. That said, even if it's only a small change, it makes them look significantly better for me.
I dont see how it makes better, specially in motion, if anything the teeth addition makes todoroki look weirder to me
I also dislike how the poster retweeted that Bones should hire them, like it is ok to dislike the scene but sounds very entitled over a very small and kind of unimportant scene, specially with the news about animator work conditions in japan lately.

Last edited:

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked this first episode, seems like it will be a cool arc.

Can someone who reads the manga tell me if this spoiler I've read somewhere will ruin the anime season for me? Do I have something interesting to look forward to?

Edited.

Last edited:

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
This arc is the last time I felt the high of MHA. Hope the near future brings it up again to those heights. The last couple years in the manga have been dedicated to build up.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I dont see how it makes better, specially in motion, if anything the teeth addition makes todoroki look weirder to me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're not seeing it in motion of course, since those are simple edits of screenshots. It's not something I expect would bug most people. It bothers me and it seems a few other people as well. That's all there is to it.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And im also not sure dudes in a dress is a dig at trans people if only because I know Japan crisscrossing is way more common in thier media and real life than it is here and like I know crossdressers who are family men who just likw to dress up so ots weird for me to hear you say that
Dudes wearing dresses in itself isn't transphobic. I was specifically talking about when it's done as a joke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I really liked this first episode, seems like it will be a cool arc.

Can someone who reads the manga tell me if this spoiler I've read somewhere will ruin the anime season for me? Do I have something interesting to look forward to?
Now that you've got your answer, edit that out please. That's a pretty big spoiler

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Hah Overhall invoiced by the same guy who voiced Seto Kaiba in Yu-gi-oh. He does a good job.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The villains are what make this show for me. The Twice focused episode is probably my favorite so far, and I'm way more into the scenes with tham than I'm into the school kid heroes.

Also, I must have glossed over this before the new season, but only 80% of the population have quirks. A 20% without any powers is significant. I feel like that's not really been represented in the world so far outside of that narration. Maybe it doesn't need to be.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The villains are what make this show for me. The Twice focused episode is probably my favorite so far, and I'm way more into the scenes with tham than I'm into the school kid heroes.

Also, I must have glossed over this before the new season, but only 80% of the population have quirks. A 20% without any powers is significant. I feel like that's not really been represented in the world so far outside of that narration. Maybe it doesn't need to be.
An explanation that I saw and agree with is that 80% refers to all population, including elderly. For characters around Deku age the percentage is probably even higher

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Keep in mind, the 20% is also mostly older generation. Young kids like Deku not having quirks is even more rare.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Oh yeah, that does make sense.

Yeah its something easy to not think about lol I had a friend of mine ask about why the quirkless haven't risen up or something and I'm like dude. We already went through the X-men scenario in the settings past. We are like 150-200 years after quirks started showing up and it was even mentioned way back when that alot of shit went down back then that halted human progress

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Really wasn't a fan of that tickling scene, yeesh. But otherwise loving the season so far! Really excited to see what's in store with Overhaul.

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Dub Overhaul doesn't bad, but I feel like he's missing something. Gonna give it some time

The OP has really grown on me. The song is great imo

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of a boring episode imo, not a huge fan of Nighteye. Next weeks episode looks like things will get rolling a bit more though.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Great episode! Liked it much more than the previous one. Really enjoyed the first two thirds or so with Nighteye, the tension during the entire scene of Deku trying to get the stamp was fantastic. The music helped a lot to bring out Deku's emotions and better contextualize the importance of the moment. I did imagine there to be way more All Might merchandise all over the room though... it made me think the task of not touching any of them while he was bouncing around the room to be much more impressive. Still, it was cool and I always enjoyed seeing Nighteye be impressed upon realizing just what Deku did.

Unfortunately, I didn't like some of the additional scenes afterwards where they practically spell out who goes on internships. The way the manga reveals this was much smoother, so this deviation was disappointing. It also didn't help that they added another scene with Mineta being disgusting. Ugh. The additional scenes with Bakugo and Todoroki were hilarious though.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Thought the episode was great. The Nighteye scene was way more exciting than from what I remember in the manga. Also super surprised they are mentioning Hawks already. I guess they wanted to mention him earlier since he will be in the movie.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode, animation was a little wack. Hopefully they're saving the budget for something big.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I hate when they put important scenes after the credits, most people are going to miss that when they're binging the show

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact Hawks appears earlier than he did in the manga

Honestly I think the scene where they set up all the students being invited to big agencies is all anime original

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Nighteyes Quirk is pretty cool, shame he's still really unlikeable. I'm not really sure what his deal is with regards to Deku, I'll need to rewatch the episode when I'm not hungover.
Despite the one weird shot of Mineta staring at Mina's boobs (because of course there'd be a shot of that), I liked the dorm scene. I always like watching the class just talk about shit.
And after credits: wow we're getting straight into the meat of the arc eh? Thought there'd be another set-up episode before the first confrontation.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Also super surprised they are mentioning Hawks already. I guess they wanted to mention him earlier since he will be in the movie.
The more I think about Hawks showing up early the less I like it. You're probably right about the why though.

Not that it matters much given how much the movie will jump ahead... There's going to be an entire season between the end of season 4 and where the movie will pick up. The movie premiering in December makes it even weirder since that would make it a season and a half they're jumping ahead of.
I hate when they put important scenes after the credits, most people are going to miss that when they're binging the show
Was it just me or did that feel rushed? I was surprised we already got there, I feel like there could have been a better transition from when we last saw Deku. I'd have to revisit the manga to see if they skipped anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they redo this scene in the next episode but places it after some other scenes to set it up better.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about Hawks showing up early the less I like it. You're probably right about the why though.

Not that it matters much given how much the movie will jump ahead... There's going to be an entire season between the end of season 4 and where the movie will pick up. The movie premiering in December makes it even weirder since that would make it a season and a half they're jumping ahead of.

Was it just me or did that feel rushed? I was surprised we already got there, I feel like there could have been a better transition from when we last saw Deku. I'd have to revisit the manga to see if they skipped anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they redo this scene in the next episode but places it after some other scenes to set it up better.
I was confused by that scene as well I'm pretty sure from memory there was a lot of stuff in between that they cut (especially when Deku is in his hero costume so it's not like he's casually walking around)

I'm expecting a flashback next episode

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I was confused by that scene as well I'm pretty sure from memory there was a lot of stuff in between that they cut (especially when Deku is in his hero costume so it's not like he's casually walking around)

I'm expecting a flashback next episode
Ah, yeah. They'll probably do something to that effect. Now that I think about it, it seems unnecessary to add that scene at the end, but if they redo it in the next episode it'll at least help those who tuned out when the credits rolled to not be confused.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

My hope for the next episode is that it starts off from Deku's perspective where he's patrolling with Mirio and then he bumps into Eri.