• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Season?

• Season 1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Season 2

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Season 3

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

My explody son.

Actually have a Bakugo tattoo and am getting Kirishima beside him in December. I'm committed to my ship.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just my opinion, Mirio works better as a side character

Miro is Zero, Deku is X.

Miro's purpose is to be somebody for Deku to look up to (at least in the shorter term, while All Might is the distant goal) and eventually surpass. Of course he's better than Deku. Because you don't look up to people who are behind you.

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
When it comes to the Deku/Mirio debate, for me it's less about the powers and all about the personality. I just think Mirio's personality is a better match for One for All. That's not to say Deku is a bad successor, but certain All Might like attributes come way more naturally for Mirio than they do Deku.

It'd make a good what if comic
Miro is Zero, Deku is X.

Miro's purpose is to be somebody for Deku to look up to (at least in the shorter term, while All Might is the distant goal) and eventually surpass. Of course he's better than Deku. Because you don't look up to people who are behind you.
Nice use of Megaman X references

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I prefer the idea of having someone like All Might in personality not having One For All. I think Deku having it and still having to work towards becoming that shining beacon makes for a more interesting story.

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Literally every character in the show comes away impressed and inspired by Deku. Every person in his class looks up to him. His teachers respect him. All this by more than just his power.

People can split hairs over who was a better choice, but Deku is more than capable of inspiring and leading, and Mirio still is one of the strongest heroes. Again, I think having Deku with OFA and Mirio as his current self is better than Mirio with OFA and Deku being useless.
Well good thing I never said he wasn't capable

I just prefer Mirio as successor. It's not an attack on Deku's character. Sheesh

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Literally every character in the show comes away impressed and inspired by Deku. Every person in his class looks up to him. His teachers respect him. All this by more than just his power.

People can split hairs over who was a better choice, but Deku is more than capable of inspiring and leading, and Mirio still is one of the strongest heroes. Again, I think having Deku with OFA and Mirio as his current self is better than Mirio with OFA and Deku being useless.

I mean it's not that deep, where we're trying to figure out what's objectively the best option on a utilitarian scale. It's just a matter of preference lol

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Mirio is more similar to All Might in mannerisms and appearance but that doesn't mean he's a better match for One for All. It just means he's more similar to its previous owner. We don't have the context of fully knowing what other users of One for All were like, our only reference point is All Might.

All Might saw some essential qualities in Deku that made him feel that Deku would be a good match for One for All. All Might isn't necessarily looking for somebody who looks and acts most like him. He's looking for somebody who has the passion and instincts to be his successor. Deku has these things. All Might even directly gives advice to Deku to stop trying to imitate him. That was the catalyst for Deku developing his shoot style.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The next symbol of peace shouldn't be an exact clone of All Might. That's the whole point of Deku, he needs to form his own identity with All Might as his inspiration. That doesn't work with Mirio.

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
In all fairness to Mirio, he's not an exact clone of All Might. He is his own person. While he shares some physical traits and mannerisms of All Might, it's not like Deku isn't half All Might either. He shares the quirkless background with Dad Might and is still copying his signature moves.

I would also like to think Sir, being close to All Might, would have some insight into what makes a good successor. Both Deku and Mirio fit the bill

I prefer Mirio.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Might himself has that too, doesn't he?
All Might kind of does, but it's tempered by All Might being a natural prodigy with it. This is why he's such a bad teacher- he doesn't know how to teach this stuff since he didn't have any difficulty picking it up off instinct. (something that is very true of prodigies in the real world as well.)

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Mirio plus One for All would be tremendous. This dude would be unstoppable. He would wreck shop without ever trying. He should've gotten that shit.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mirio makes sense as an immediate successor in both personality and power but spiritually Deku is more emblematic of the legacy All Might left in his wake. He's someone who worked their way from the bottom, had nothing, and managed to break all the odds because he respected the power he was given when others were infinitely more privileged. It seems less important to him that he literally becomes All Might and more that he found himself inspired by All Might, hence the scene from a while back where he changed his attitude about what kind of hero he wants to be. Something of a "critique" which encompasses the LoV's subterfuge (considering Shiggy is only using Stain's ideals as a means to an end) is the concept of hero society being inherently dishonest and obsessed with theatrics, and Deku may end up being the "answer" after a fashion, hence why Stain protected/saved him.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Finally had the chance to watch the episode and I really enjoyed it. I'm happy to see that it seems like a focus of the season will be Deku needing to come into his own and prove that he should be All Might's successor. They briefly touched on that idea with him creating Shoot Style last season, so when he altered his goal in the previous episode I was hoping that was an indication of what this season would be dealing with.

I'm not entirely sold on Nighteye yet, though his motivation for hiring Deku was definitely a nice surprise.

I'm also glad to see that somebody in the show realises that Tokoyami is the best.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Mirio is the greatest.

This was my favorite arc in the manga, so many great moments, both hype and heartbreaking.................. shit we know what's coming

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Finally started watching this season.

Dam bruhs at the poll. MHA is a pretty dang passible dub and I say that in the best way possible. I watch both. Of course that Japanese version beats it but it also doesn't have the benefit of me not needing to read.

The introduction of Overhaul was super intriguing. He coulda just been there because All Might was gone, and that would have been fine, but then they go in a different direction that turns out to be much more interesting, making conflict between his team of villains and the Tomura's. Great stuff. Well on second thought I suppose conflict had to happen anyway because Overhaul would want to be the leader, but the extra focus on Tomura's Mentor being gone made the dynamic of what was going in the seem a lot more interesting.

Mirio is awesome. Didn't think I'd like him so much so quickly. The dude's vibe is great, and helps that he has the status to give it some weight. He reminds me of Goku.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Nighteyes Quirk is pretty cool, shame he's still really unlikeable. I'm not really sure what his deal is with regards to Deku, I'll need to rewatch the episode when I'm not hungover.
Despite the one weird shot of Mineta staring at Mina's boobs (because of course there'd be a shot of that), I liked the dorm scene. I always like watching the class just talk about shit.
And after credits: wow we're getting straight into the meat of the arc eh? Thought there'd be another set-up episode before the first confrontation.

Is it a "shame"? I think that character sets up a super interesting conflict for Deku to work against tbh, with the whole reasoning he's being accepted and all.

Oct 25, 2017
The wait's finally over.
The new episode is up now!
Poor Eri.
So young and she already knows the red flags. Even then, she keeps seeing death back home. Then there's that lab.

Last edited:

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Great episode for first time watchers but I can't help but still be disappointed at the adaption.
The scene with All Might and Deku had all the same problems as the scene in season 3 with AM and Deku's mom. It was rushed and they made it feel more melodramatic with the music choices and script delivery.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice enough episode. Still weird to see more killing in this show.

Is next episode filler? I really don't care about Kirishima

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I cried a little with the All Might stuff, how a fictional character can make me so emotional?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that episode was pretty great. That whole All Might convo at the end was emotional as fuck. Quite beautiful, actually. Definitely in my top 5 favorite moments of the series.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode, the All Might scene was well done. Same goes for the Eri scene.

And if I remember correctly, this is the first time we've seen Deku wear his mask since his first fight with Bakugo back in season 1.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you even entertain going into a dark alley with a known dangerous Yakuza villain

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
To recap last time we saw that villain group that Overhaul beat this were their state

images

Now

images