• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Season?

• Season 1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Season 2

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Season 3

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
vzlGmX1.jpg

The wait is over! Welcome to the My Hero Academia Season 4 OT!

You ready?​
CE7YD5Q.png

DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING FROM THE MANGA. THAT INCLUDES HINTING AT THINGS TO COME.
If you must discuss the manga, we have an excellent general OT for My Hero Academia where the spoilers flow like waterfalls.
Other than that, just try to be friendly and respectful to all your fellow posters. Play nice.
I'll update this spot if things change and new rules need to be put in place.

Mj9XGnG.jpg

In a world where 80% of the population is born with a superpower known as a Quirk, society has adjusted accordingly leading to a plethora of superheroes and supervillains around the world. The heroes save people, chase fame and glory, while the villains savor chaos, destruction, and upending the status quo. My Hero Academia follows the story of Izuku Midoriya, a previously quirkless teen who now has a chance to become the #1 hero in the world like his idol and mentor, All Might. Enrolling in U.A. to make his dreams come true, Midoriya now walks the path of a hero.
l0HpOMT.jpg

BIG PLAYERS(CURRENTLY)
NT2cWHx.jpg

Izuku Midoriya
Hero Name: Deku
Quirk: One for All
The main character of our story, Deku continues to push forward to become the greatest hero.

3Rzm2Fr.jpg

Tomura Shigaraki
Villain Name: N/A
Quirk: Decay
With his master All for One in jail, it is up to Shigaraki to bring hero society to its knees. Will he succeed?
moI4GfA.png

Toshinori Yagi
Hero Name: All Might
Quirk:N/A(Previously One for All)
The former #1 Hero and Symbol of Peace, All Might lost his power after fighting AfO and now dedicates himself to Deku's development.
AhrmY1E.jpg

Villain Name: All For One
Quirk: All for One
All Might's archnemesis, All For One is responsible for much death and destruction. Currently behind bars, it seems his reign of terror has ended.
8Y46JEy.jpg

Mirio Togata
Hero Name: Unrevealed
Quirk: Permeation
The person closest to becoming #1, even amongst the pros, Mirio Togata has a bright personality and hopefully even a brighter future awaiting him. A member of U.A.'s big 3, A.K.A the strongest students at school. He sees potential in Deku.
KAGlOli.jpg

Shoto Todoroki
Hero Name: Shoto
Quirk: Half Hot, Half Cold
Son of Endeavor and one of the more promising students in Class 1-A, Todoroki is training hard to claim the provisional license he missed last season.

vlgXAU4.jpg

Inasa Yoarashi
Hero Name: Gale Force
Quirk: Whirlwind
A promising student from Shiketsu high, he also trains hard to claim his provisional hero license. Has a bit of a grudge against Endeavor.

TAOGHWC.jpg

Camie Utsushimi
Hero Name: Maboromicamie
Quirk: Glamour
A bold student from Shiketsu. She had her appearance stolen by Toga in the original license exams and never received hers as a result.
evbSIP5.png

Eri
Hero Name: N/A
Quirk: Rewind
A mysterious girl with ties to Overhaul.
CLASS 1-A

jt4cyQl.jpg
dIrxFQr.jpg
wUyh0TI.png
ZkjRvpv.jpg

Too many to list all of Deku's classmates, but they deserve some love. Expect this character list to rotate throughout the season. From top left to right(or top to bottom on mobile):
Ochaco "Uravity" Uraraka(Zero Gravity), Tenya "Ingenium" IIda(Engine), Tsuyu "Tsu" Asui(Frog), and Momo "Creati" Yaoyorozu(Creation)

CLASS 1-A SPOTLIGHT!
WEw54H8.jpg

Ejiro Kirishima
Hero Name: Red Riot
Quirk: Hardening
A bright and earnest student who is always up to do something manly, Kirishima has just been waiting for his chance to shine.
The time has come.

League of Villains
14Sgzjx.jpg
qp4KJ13.jpg
wuD5xn9.jpg
kOe8qwy.jpg
8EFPuM0.jpg
Y6hSGC0.jpg
1pmiNf7.jpg

As hero society falls, the villains rise. This is Shigaraki's league of villains. From Top left to right(or top to bottom on mobile):
Kurogiri(Warp Gate) Jin "Twice" Bubaigawara(Double), Himiko Toga(Transform), Atsuhiro "Mr. Compress" Sako(Compress), Magne(Magnetism), Shuichi "Spinner" Iguchi(Unrevealed), and Dabi(Cremation)

Pro Heroes
D4goTha.jpg

Enji Todoroki
Hero Name: Endeavor
Quirk: Hellfire
Father of Shoto, Endeavor has become the #1 hero with All Might's retirement. Much more brash and reckless than All Might ever was, Endeavor is respected but not necessarily liked. Just ask his son.
XdWT6mX.jpg

Sorahiko
Hero Name: Gran Torino
Quirk: Jet
An old aquantance of All Might, Gran Torino has also taken an interest in Deku's development. It was with his help that Deku was able to master full cowling.
8XMQx8b.jpg

Shoto Aizawa
Hero Name: Eraserhead
Quirk: Erasure
The homeroom teacher of Class 1-A, Shoto Aizawa is a man calm under pressure. With All Might retired and the villains on the rise, he is going to have to make sure 1-A is ready for whatever may come.
A lot more pro heroes to name. Like the 1-A class of characters, expect this list to rotate out throughout the season.
PRO HERO SPOTLIGHT!

33v8LAP.jpg

Kuga Sakamata
Hero Name: Gang Orca
Quirk: Orcinus
Pro Hero and proctor of the provisional license exam.
Last, but certainly not least
UZmVrqV.jpg

Katsuki "Lord Explosion Murder" Bakugo
Hero Name: N/A
Quirk: Explosion
Childhood friend to Deku, Bakugo is a promising student with an abrasive personality and a huge inferiority complex. A battle with Deku last season seemed to indicate a change of heart in Bakugo. How will he develop moving forward...?
B1pNlsC.png

Last season saw Deku and the other students of U.A. go to summer camp for training, only for the league to attack and kidnap Bakugo. Deku, Iida, Momo, Kirishima, and Todoroki launch a hasty plan to find the League of Villains hideout and rescue their comrade, but in the process stumble upon All Might and the Pro Heroes attempting to do the same thing. What follows is an escalation no one could have foreseen as All Might's sworn enemy All For One appears on the battlefield. In the end, while Bakugo is rescued and All For One defeated, All Might used the last bit of his power in the process.

His hero days are over.

Now, all the heroes and aspiring heroes have to fill the void left by All Might. Deku and most of his classmates receive their provisional licenses allowing them to act as heroes outside of class. However, Todoroki and Bakugo do not pass. Bakugo, feeling insecure about the role he played in All Might's defeat lashes out at Deku and they have an all out brawl. Feelings raw and out in the open, it is All Might who finds Deku and Bakugo and decides to share his secret with young Bakugo. Now with a better understanding of Deku, All Might hopes their relationship will improve. Meanwhile, as all this is happening, sinster villains seem to be gathering around Tomura Shigaraki. His mentor in jail, Shigaraki must now lead the League on his own. The pressure is on for both heroes and villains, setting the stage for season 4!

6svu9d3.jpg

Release Date
*The 4th season of My Hero Academia will premiere on October 12, 2019. Funimation will be doing a simulcast and simuldub of the new season, so you can watch subbed or dubbed. It should cover around chapters 124-174 of the manga.
Where to watch
*Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hulu

Trailers

Staff Info
*General Director: Kenji Nagasaki

*Director: Masahiro Mukai
*Animation Director: Hitomi Odashima
*Character Design: Yoshishiko Umakoshi
*Music: Yuki Hayashi
*Original Creator: Kohei Horikoshi

Opening Theme:

#1: "Polaris" by BLUE ENCOUNT
#2 "Star Maker" by KANA-BOON
Ending Theme:
#1: "Koukai no Uta" by Sayuri
#2 "Shout Baby" by Ryokuoshoku Shakai

GO BEYOND! Plus Ultra Style.
dSj9OdS.gif

Last edited:

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
The waits been tooooo long as an anime-only ;o

#FuckMineta

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It still feels so far away. There's so many moments I can't wait for this season. Gonna be a good one people.

*looks at list of relevant 1-A characters* yep checks out

Oct 27, 2017
Hype! Just 10 more days. I have the movie on Blu-ray, gonna watch it before season 4 kicks off to hype myself up.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of the Overhaul arc, but it's got some high highs in it that I wanna see animated. Hopefully we'll get to see the subsequential arcs this season too.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
There are a few shows that I swear to not read the manga of so I have something to look forward to. This is one of them. I can't wait.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
OT looks great Tace !!!

I am so friggin pumped for this. Been waiting all year for the new season. I think this season will be the season that makes MHA blow up and make it big.

#FuckMineta

Nov 2, 2017
This is going to be interesting since it's going to be my first season as a manga reader! The wait between Season 3 and 4 was just too much so I'm reading the manga by buying the volumes as they're released.

Very excited to see them adapt certain scenes and especially certain fights!

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to hold out and not read any of the manga during the wait. Really excited to see where they go with this season after all the interesting setup last season.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
I'm so ready for this season, I really loved the last season. Hoping to see the big three in action.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally the best boy gets his time to shine. I was just re-watching the villain attack from season one to get pumped. I really do love this show.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see if this season can redeem an arc I had a real love-hate relationship with.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The beggining of a massive decline for the series, but i'm in for great animation
Thats a bit much I think lol

"Massive decline" kind of makes it sound like it's bad. It's not bad. It's just not to the same INSANE levels of amazing that was the peak of the Rescue arc.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh you used that title Tace
And now the church of Mirio begins
The beggining of a massive decline for the series, but i'm in for great animation
No it is not. Also bring this type of talk to the manga OT
DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING FROM THE MANGA. THAT INCLUDES HINTING AT THINGS TO COME.
If you must discuss the manga, we have an excellent general OT for My Hero Academia where the spoilers flow like waterfalls.
Other than that, just try to be friendly and respectful to all your fellow posters. Play nice.
I'll update this spot if things change and new rules need to be put in place.

Let's help Tace to make this thread be good to anime onlys

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't too keen on this arc in the manga, so hopefully the anime will change my mind.

Looking forward to the following arc though.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joke:

Saw someone's post about how deku has a secret quirk that he got from his parents. His mum attracts stuff and his dad breathes hot fire, so Deku's secret quirk from his parents is that he "attracts hot stuff" which is why he's so popular with the ladies 😂 such a stupid post but I got a great laugh out of it.

Can't wait for season 4!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Deku's family quirk is water generation from their eyes.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I am excited for the season, but I'm kinda worried because the trailers all seem to be focusing on new people (and deku). I'm going to be massively disappointed if the rest of 1-A is sidelined for a bunch of people we haven't seen before.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I'd not heard the english dubs before watching that trailer. They're .... rough. I'll be sticking with subs again this season.