• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Did the movie have something to do with the long wait, or perhaps they really want to make sure that they get things right for Season 4?

I believe sub-studio C did both the movie and the third season at the same time by splitting up staff (e.g. animation director Umakoshi did significantly less work on season 3 because he got tapped for the movie). But since both are finished, the sub-studio should be free to work on the fourth season at this point. My guess is that they have some other sort of HeroAca related side project (OVAs, maybe another movie) happening alongside season 4 production. It's also possible, though imo pretty unlikely that they have a non-HeroAca project in production or they're going to keep up the production pace on new episodes but delay the airing because of a possible timeslot conflict (is there any precedent for this? I'm pretty clueless about the airing schedules in Japan)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That's a long ass time. Maybe, hopefully, Season 4 is the advent of a 3 Cour season? Not that it needs it, but man does the anime need to play catch up to the Manga. With October 2019 and possibly only 2 cours again, Season 5 would be starting with chapter 190 or so while the mang will be somwhere in the mid 300, god willing no breaks.

Solarc

Sep 24, 2018
Dominican Republic
Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to wait that long, last season stopped at volume 14, by the time this comes out volume 21 will probably be officially released in English.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how more casual fans react to the series considering it kind of goes downhill after All For One is taken down.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
They need six extra months just to create:

The ground level fight with Uraraka, Tsuyu, Nejire and Ryuko vs the member of Overhaul's squad

#Believe

Long as hell wait, but I hope it'll improve the animation, and add a bunch of stuff because that arc sure as hell needs it. Imo.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
FUCKING OCTOBER???? ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

Okay yeah fuck that. I am gonna read the Manga. I was willing to wait for the next season if it was a reasonable wait, but an entire year between seasons? No fucking thank you. I will just read the manga and then go from there.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's pretty far away. :/

Oh well. There's a lot of anime to look forward to next year other than that.

Oct 25, 2017
So glad I started reading the manga a few weeks back, because that's a wait.

I'm also expecting them to end after Gentle. Wonder how the "Making the Band" episodes will work.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is a different anime (Mix) airing in its usual timeslot this spring, so this makes sense.

I'm cool with it. I'm mostly just a manga reader at this point anyway for anything that isn't Jojo.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sad about the wait, but didn't the writer say he also wanted to improve the next arc in the anime version due to the manga version having issues? Or am I misremembering

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California

HeroAca season 4 airing in October 2019 is such a fantastic news. One full year for the staff to work on it before it goes on-air. The payoff should be awesome if everything goes right.

Looks like there may be no other projects for sub-studio C after all and the later airing will give them a really healthy planning and production schedule.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I will have to read the Manga, thats a hell of a wait. I haven't even seen the movie yet, the closest theater was like a 100 miles away and I couldn't make it to the limited screenings. I wonder if it will ever go up on Funimation Now.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Oh I'm gonna crack. Pipboy dude has me way too curious about the rest of that arc. Lets hope AOT S3 and One Punch S2 keep me from going overboard towards the manga boat.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with the wait, give the animators as much time they need to get Tintin done right.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda worried about this one, the manga version of the upcoming arc had a terrible pacing, boring villains, so i hope the anime can fix some of these issues, but i'm not holding my breath on it.