• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

In a surprising move, Bamco updated the second My Hero Academia arena brawler to actually include the dub cast (releasing sub only). This is a great move as lately Bamco has been doing sub-only releases with the exception of Dragon Ball, Naruto, and weirdly enough One Punch Man. Fans were stunned these games weren't dubbed either as MHA has a pretty popular one.
Can we get Pirate Warriors 4 next?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Jump Force would ever get updated. It doesn't have an English dub, right? One of my friends really enjoys that game.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Jump Force would ever get updated. It doesn't have an English dub, right? One of my friends really enjoys that game.

Correct, no English dub. Though I imagine the hard part is wrangling all the various actors around the country together, as well as casting new ones that don't really have an English voice (like Ryo and Dai, they had one in old dubs but nothing modern). Correction: Dai never had an English voice. He might get one if the 2020 remake gets dubbed, but the original anime never saw an English release.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
HUH??? This is pretty unheard of, and with very little fanfare too. Major props to Bandai. MHA of all games really deserved it.

Oct 25, 2017
I hated the first and I dropped my hero but I'll literally buy this if it shows support for dub anime games can we plz get one piece next

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gimme more dubs. Never really got how people said sub is more emotional lol. Felt all the same watching both versions of anime I like.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Whaaaaa, now I may have to pick this up(enjoyed the first one, hows the single player content in this one?)

Now if only OPPW4 and Fairy Tail could get dubs

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
This is a pretty massive and probably expensive thing for a free update. Awesome, and I hope PW4 is next (though it has a ton of characters who don't have dub actors yet... though Stampede helped a bit there).

Correct, no English dub. Though I imagine the hard part is wrangling all the various actors around the country together, as well as casting new ones that don't really have an English voice (like Ryo and Dai, they had one in old dubs but nothing modern). Correction: Dai never had an English voice. He might get one if the 2020 remake gets dubbed, but the original anime never saw an English release.

Yeah, not to mention characters like Yugi and Kaiba from completely different studios. And Saint Seiya has had a few dubs, I think.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not interested in this game, but I'm very happy it has dub support. Hopefully, that's a sign for the future.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Would be nice if nintendo do this to tms#fe considering it has a english cast via fire emblem heroes

Nov 21, 2017
I hated the first and I dropped my hero but I'll literally buy this if it shows support for dub anime games can we plz get one piece next

One Piece Dub ain't popular enough in the West to have their games get the Dub treatment. Most western One piece fans just watch it subbed unlike Dragon Ball, Naruto, and MHA which all have huge Dub fanbases. I mean Toonami dropped One Piece from it lineup and Funimation themselves take forever to even release Dubbed episodes. I wouldn't say Dubbed One Piece games are impossible just very unlikely.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty massive and probably expensive thing for a free update. Awesome, and I hope PW4 is next (though it has a ton of characters who don't have dub actors yet... though Stampede helped a bit there).

Yeah, not to mention characters like Yugi and Kaiba from completely different studios. And Saint Seiya has had a few dubs, I think.

Actually everything up to Punk Hazard has at least been dubbed. We know they started work on Dressrosa. So the hard part will be casting characters from Zou onward.
Looking at the Wiki, they'd need to cast Katakuri, Carrot, Reiju, Ichiji, Niji, Yonji, Big Mom's three helpers (all share the same voice), Kaido, Smoothie, Cracker, Pica, Jack, Perospero, Momonosuke, Judge, Pudding, and Brulee. ... Yeah that's a lot of new characters to cast. I know it will be for the anime too but damn.

Saint Seiya did get a new dub for Netflix so they could use that. Also, the whole "different studio" isn't just Yu-Gi-Oh related. You have dubs produced by Funimation in Texas, but also dubs produced by Viz and Aniplex in California. Also, Death Note's dub was Canadian so that's another mess.

We can barely get any dubbed episodes (iirc, the funimation app isn't even up to the time skip). I doubt they'd give the game any mind :(

It's on Punk Hazard, where have you been?

Oct 26, 2017
WOW! This needs to happen more. Seriously. Tokyo Mirage Sessions, BlazBlue Central Fiction, anything One Piece, etc.

Is the 2nd game a good substitute for the original? How is it anyway, especially on Switch (the dub is also in the Switch version right?)? Very tempted to buy this and get started on the anime finally.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually everything up to Punk Hazard has at least been dubbed. We know they started work on Dressrosa. So the hard part will be casting characters from Zou onward.
Looking at the Wiki, they'd need to cast Katakuri, Carrot, Reiju, Ichiji, Niji, Yonji, Big Mom's three helpers (all share the same voice), Kaido, Smoothie, Cracker, Pica, Jack, Perospero, Momonosuke, Judge, Pudding, and Brulee. ... Yeah that's a lot of new characters to cast. I know it will be for the anime too but damn.

Saint Seiya did get a new dub for Netflix so they could use that. Also, the whole "different studio" isn't just Yu-Gi-Oh related. You have dubs produced by Funimation in Texas, but also dubs produced by Viz and Aniplex in California. Also, Death Note's dub was Canadian so that's another mess.

You saying where have you been like they ain't take a whole Two year break just for that one voyage lol

Oct 25, 2017

I swear I combed through this week and only saw English Language options leading up to the Summit War. Will need to check again.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
One Piece Dub ain't popular enough in the West to have their games get the Dub treatment. Most western One piece fans just watch it subbed unlike Dragon Ball, Naruto, and MHA which all have huge Dub fanbases. I mean Toonami dropped One Piece from it lineup and Funimation themselves take forever to even release Dubbed episodes. I wouldn't say Dubbed One Piece games are impossible just very unlikely.
It's getting a Netflix push and the dubbing has resumed full speed ahead

Also this actually give me hope since OPPW4 is also a Bandai joint, the series is getting another western point and since this was also a free update and both franchises are dubbed and share license holders(and actors even) it's possible they made a group deal

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gimme more dubs. Never really got how people said sub is more emotional lol. Felt all the same watching both versions of anime I like.
It's just people who remember stuff like One Piece's awful 4Kids dub and the various other poor dubs from over a decade ago. In truth a vast majority of contemporary dubs are just fine.

Plus people will generally have a bias towards what they hear first. Personally I started with the MHA sub but since switched to Dub so I'm glad they did this update.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Wow! Bandai Namco finally got the hint that MHA is a big series with a popular English dub, huh?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
HOLY SHIT WHAT!

I just bought this game and was complaining about that. This is rad as hell.
Made no sense that OPM had a dub but not this.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ya think that new Fairy Tale game will get a patch like this later?
I mean that's Koei Tecmo and they haven't dubbed a Gust game in nearly a decade, but it's a popular IP and the Funimation crew enjoy the characters and would love to do it so who knows. I'd put higher odds on OPPW4 though

Oct 25, 2017
It's just people who remember stuff like One Piece's awful 4Kids dub and the various other poor dubs from over a decade ago. In truth a vast majority of contemporary dubs are just fine.

Plus people will generally have a bias towards what they hear first. Personally I started with the MHA sub but since switched to Dub so I'm glad they did this update.
People need to give dubs a chance. I watched subs through first, but Sonny's Ussop in Water 7 (after getting beat up) and Stephanie Young's Robin (I want to live) is still some of the best shit in the show. Still stunned at how well they nailed Bink's Sake.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I swear I combed through this week and only saw English Language options leading up to the Summit War. Will need to check again.
Nah, I'm looking now and the dub goes through 587. Still VERY far behind, but they've been doing better in catching up more recently.

People need to give dubs a chance. I watched subs through first, but Sonny's Ussop in Water 7 (after getting beat up) and Stephanie Young's Robin (I want to live) is still some of the best shit in the show. Still stunned at how well they nailed Bink's Sake.
Preach. Although OP is one of the shows I do prefer subbed, the dub is still great in its own right.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I mean that's Koei Tecmo and they haven't dubbed a Gust game in nearly a decade, but it's a popular IP and the Funimation crew enjoy the characters and would love to do it so who knows. I'd put higher odds on OPPW4 though
atelier Sophie and firis was dubbed

I actually wonder if the sales of Atelier Ryza might change that. 200K+ sold seems like it might be worth the effort not, especially if they want more growth.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I actually wonder if the sales of Atelier Ryza might change that. 200K+ sold seems like it might be worth the effort not, especially if they want more growth.
I'd love that, but part of me feels like that'll be exactly why they think it's fine not to change it. Localization is faster this way I guess, but I definitely miss the dub

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf?

Pirate Warriors 4 better be next. PW4 seems to have sold better than the OPM game or One's Justice 2 based on what I've heard.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of what I've heard of the dub but that's a damn cool surprise. Happy for those who enjoy the dub.

Shadow dropping an entire dub via a patch. Amazing.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Neat how we're getting more dubbed anime games lately, found out about the new Re:ZERO game getting dubs yesterday too

I wish I watched One Piece dubbed from the start though because that's one of the rare instances of a dub sounding extremely wrong to me. By no fault of the actors or the quality, either, it's just something that happens when you spend 500+ episodes with specific voices - anything else becomes uncanny.

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty interesting choice for them to dub it so late, but then again I'm still waiting on the central fiction dub...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This came out of nowhere. If anything, I'm surprised the English voices weren't there at launch considering how popular MHA's English dub is. Better late than never, I guess.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
one step closer to one piece games getting dubbed

i understand why jump force won't, but one piece is almost there
i can taste it