Hero_Characters_4.png

Villain_Characters_1.png

Villain_Characters_2.png

Media.gif

FAQ.png

Does the game have a Dub?
No it does not, it is sub only
Who's Byking?
They are the team who made the excellent Gundam EXVS series, and a few other games you've never heard of.
Is Mineta in the game?
Yes as the creepy leg warmer accessory he deserves to be

More FAQ notes will be added, if anyone has any questions or info they feel is pertinent tag me or send me a DM. All credit for the graphics goes to Muzy and Fang. Info and thread coverage handled by Mandos

Last edited:

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic OT. Was hoping my copy would turn up today but sadly that didn't happen, looking forward to playing it tomorrow though.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Excited to get in my copy tomorrow, and can't wait to start making my characters look dorky. Don't know who'll I'll main, I'll just have to who I like, but I am looking forward to trying Froppy, Jiro and all might...... and endeavor, but use he customization to make him look like a joke XD

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this game has a good competative scene and continues on for years

Love everything about it

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hope this game has a good competative scene and continues on for years

Love everything about it
Well so far on the Japanese side it's had 2 sets of balance patches, 2 free dlc characters(and a third incoming) and arcade mode added. All this without the western release or going into paid dlc, so odds are good on some maintained support

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well so far on the Japanese side it's had 2 sets of balance patches, 2 free dlc characters(and a third incoming) and arcade mode added. All this without the western release or going into paid dlc, so odds are good on some maintained support

Oh I just meant this is my heroe's "budokai" or "ninja storm". I'm fine for other games for the series and excited for that concept, but out of the gate they made the exact prefect game for me.

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
Are reviews out for it? Haven't been keeping up but want to see what people have to say about how the game feels.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to get in my copy tomorrow, and can't wait to start making my characters look dorky. Don't know who'll I'll main, I'll just have to who I like, but I am looking forward to trying Froppy, Jiro and all might...... and endeavor, but use he customization to make him look like a joke XD

Is Endeavor's special move family abuse?

#fuckendeavor

Nov 2, 2017

2 free DLC characters? I was under the impression that only Shoot Style Deku was free. Since Endeavor is a pre-order bonus and all.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Are reviews out for it? Haven't been keeping up but want to see what people have to say about how the game feels.
Review thread https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-hero-ones-justice-review-thread.76868/ really positive overall, gameplay is solid, just no unique game modes. Metacritic is at 71
2 free DLC characters? I was under the impression that only Shoot Style Deku was free. Since Endeavor is a pre-order bonus and all.
In japan both characters were free dlc. In the west Endeavor is a preorder bonus. There is a third character of unknown status

Kaiten

Oct 22, 2018
Watching this thread to see if it's worth picking up. Even if it ends up just being a party game

Oct 25, 2017
Deku should have attacks that he can boost to potential OHKO moves at the cost of not being able to use that move again for the rest of the match.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excited for my copy to arrive tomorrow.

Everyone talking about RDR2, but this is the true banger release of the week.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All Might should just be a purposely broken character, balance be damned.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I (all) might pick this up during the Target B2G1F sale next week. It depends on if a handful of Switch games are included in the deal so the outlook is not looking so good.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying this so far on the Switch and it actually has more content than I thought!

Only issues I have are the lack of non-cutscene subtitles, (I would have preferred a dub if this was the case) loading times are much longer than I'd like and the most glaring issue of all: Chargebolt is far too good.

I hope Tokoyami is fun to play, I need to rep the best character.

He is! A good all rounder as you can effectively switch from close range and long range. Long range even lets you team up with Dark Shadow and attack whilst he's attacking. =D

The only thing he's missing is Black Ankh/Abyss. Which actually just makes me want a sequel already. =P

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Want to pick this up, just debating on what system. Would love it on Switch but I dunno about the framerate on docked (I know handheld is 30 FPS).

XaosWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Want to pick this up, just debating on what system. Would love it on Switch but I dunno about the framerate on docked (I know handheld is 30 FPS).
Frame rate seems really solid (looks faster than 30 to me right now) but the trade off is zero antialiasing. Its really noticeable in docked and I'm not even running it on a huge TV.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to give this a spin tomorrow. The reviews are leaving me optimistic that this might scratch my arena fighter itch.

Last I heard it was 720p 30fps on Switch both handheld and docked. Might be wrong though.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Frame rate seems really solid (looks faster than 30 to me right now) but the trade off is zero antialiasing. Its really noticeable in docked and I'm not even running it on a huge TV.
As long as there isn't heavy dips, I'm fine with it. Considering PS4 or PC as well, so I guess I'll wait for impressions on the latter before I make a choice. But man, this looks real fun.

XaosWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried Kirishima. Super armour for days. =D

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can't wait to give this a spin tomorrow. The reviews are leaving me optimistic that this might scratch my arena fighter itch.

Last I heard it was 720p 30fps on Switch both handheld and docked. Might be wrong though.
framerate tests show an average of 50fps with drops down to 30 during intense moments, a little lower when there is too much going on

XaosWolf

Oct 27, 2017
framerate tests show an average of 50fps with drops down to 30 during intense moments, a little lower when there is too much going on

That's what I'm feeling. Its definitely faster than 30fps for the most part. Nothing unplayable and hiccupy yet!

XaosWolf

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants me to check anything out on the Switch version, just let me know. The only thing I'm unlikely to be able to test is Online mode.

Currently checking out Arcade Mode.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe add in the FAQ the reason for the name change? Really stupid to change the name of the franchise lol. I found an article but that explanation seems really weak so I wonder what was really going on...

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Legit. This has been the hardest game for me all year to not wanna buy day one (I've actually bought no games this year day one) . I keep going back and forth and almost pulling the trigger on it lol.

XaosWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Any impression on how it plays? Is it more Ultimate Ninja Storm or J Stars VS?

Admittedly not played JSVS, but looking at the gameplay it definitely has the same kind of destruction. I'd say it plays more like UNS but without the support items or energy charging.

You still have sidekicks that can be called in with the triggers,some are attack based others more support (Tsuyu grabs and throws YOU for instance, which can be used to get you out of things or suprise your opponent by suddenly being flung at them)

One thing I've noticed is that you have to be very careful when to engage as you don't seem to have any Get Out of Jail Free abilities like your 2D anime fighters or UNS's substitution jutsu.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PC version is live on steam, gonna try it out on there.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
If you don't pre-order is there still a way to get Endeavour? Ah, he's in the Steam DLC list for £2.39 now. Not too bad.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Please correct me if I'm whong but I don't believe that Byking has worked on Gundam EXVS series, there maybe be a member or two but it doesn't seem like the "team". I'm pretty sure they are mostly know for Gunlingers Stratos

Quebaz

Nov 15, 2017
Please correct me if I'm whong but I don't believe that Byking has worked on Gundam EXVS series, there maybe be a member or two but it doesn't seem like the "team". I'm pretty sure they are mostly know for Gunlingers Stratos
Kinda, most of the members were at Capcom when they worked on the pre-PS3 Gundam VS games (the PS2 and PSP entries, to be precise) but yeah I don't think that was the team that worked on the subsequent EXVS games.

They did work on Rise of Incarnates tho, a game that I wish Bamco didn't fuck up.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
He is! A good all rounder as you can effectively switch from close range and long range. Long range even lets you team up with Dark Shadow and attack whilst he's attacking. =D

The only thing he's missing is Black Ankh/Abyss. Which actually just makes me want a sequel already. =P
This is encouraging to hear, his quirk has a lot of potential for a fighting game character so I was hoping they'd get him right.
Legit. This has been the hardest game for me all year to not wanna buy day one (I've actually bought no games this year day one) . I keep going back and forth and almost pulling the trigger on it lol.
Same here, though I did eventually give in earlier this week and preordered it.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So this game is really fucking fun. Combo'ing feels kinda weird, but I've made some things work that were just awesome to watch happen. Refunding on steam, probably grab it on PS4 cause the game looks and feels amazing at 60 FPS.

unknown.png