• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 8 days, 1 hour, 19 minutes, 33 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

My impulse buy of the day: The Lion King / Aladdin Retro Edition for Nintendo Switch

Oct 27, 2017
I just need to gush a little bit about how much I love this thing. I don't think I've ever walked into a store and impulse bought something so quickly as I did when I discovered the existence of this edition of the game. A bit pricy at $49.99 but I am a die-hard Sega Genesis fan so when I saw that this edition of the game comes in a bona-fide Sega Genesis clamshell case, I had to grab it. What an incredibly well-done edition of the game. It has a full color double manual for both games, a poster, and a foam insert that holds the cartridge. The case is even textured the same as the originals! I am very impressed by the quality. What's more, there also exists an SNES box-styled edition of this compilation (which I was also admittedly very tempted to buy, but I figured there's no sense in owning both copies, especially when I originally experienced both games on the Genesis :P)

Anyone else pick one of these up? Super pleased with it as a neat little collectible.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I just impulse bought it on the eshop. Always wanted to play the two games. Didn’t realize there were nifty collectible physical editions with special boxes.

Hailinel

Oct 27, 2017
I just remember The Lion King having some true nonsense stages that were basically designed to prevent kids from beating the game on a rental. Did they change anything in this new release?

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don’t get the point of the collection without the SNES version of Aladdin. That would have been the only game in the collection I actually had nostalgia for.