• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
I just need to gush a little bit about how much I love this thing. I don't think I've ever walked into a store and impulse bought something so quickly as I did when I discovered the existence of this edition of the game. A bit pricy at $49.99 but I am a die-hard Sega Genesis fan so when I saw that this edition of the game comes in a bona-fide Sega Genesis clamshell case, I had to grab it. What an incredibly well-done edition of the game. It has a full color double manual for both games, a poster, and a foam insert that holds the cartridge. The case is even textured the same as the originals! I am very impressed by the quality. What's more, there also exists an SNES box-styled edition of this compilation (which I was also admittedly very tempted to buy, but I figured there's no sense in owning both copies, especially when I originally experienced both games on the Genesis :P)

Anyone else pick one of these up? Super pleased with it as a neat little collectible.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I just impulse bought it on the eshop. Always wanted to play the two games. Didn't realize there were nifty collectible physical editions with special boxes.

OP
OP
awake4ages

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea?

So it's direct ports? Wow those were some of my fav
Yep! SNES Aladdin is not included, but there are also bonus Game Boy versions of each game as well as a demo of Aladdin and a version that makes some minor improvements to stuff like the camera in certain sections. Plus a ton of behind the scenes concept art and even dev interviews

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I just remember The Lion King having some true nonsense stages that were basically designed to prevent kids from beating the game on a rental. Did they change anything in this new release?

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't get the point of the collection without the SNES version of Aladdin. That would have been the only game in the collection I actually had nostalgia for.