• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Next recap, with a pretty interesting beginning.

Some more episode art.

Agrol's episode GIFs are back. First for "Uprooted".
2015609.gif

1.Two reactions by Ramiras on DeviantArt - Smolder and Silverstream
2.New Clubhouse Anyone? by OinkTweetStudios on DeviantArt - Student Six
3.Smolder in her dress by jeglegator
4.Sandbar singing to his tree sapling by sketckpad1
5.Dragon Ocellus by gouransion
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

2014779.gif

medium.jpeg

1.Superman Silverstream by artiks
2.Superhero landing by SATV12 on DeviantArt - Silverstream
3.Sparkling by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Harmony Sparkle head tilt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Agrol GIF for "The Beginning of the End"
2015607.gif

1.Sphinx joins the Grogar Gang by jennithedragon
2.Everything will be Alright by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Starswirl and Harmony Sparkle
3.MLP FIM - Twilight Sparkle Freakout by Joakaha on DeviantArt
4.King Sombra and Flurry Heart [MLP] by NutellaAkaNutella on DeviantArt
5.Grogar by chaosllama
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Baddies by Verikoira on DeviantArt - Grogar Gang
2.The Legend of Gusty the Great by Vale-Bandicoot96 on DeviantArt - Also Grogar
3.The Beginning Of The End by LennonBlack on DeviantArt - Discord X Fluttershy
4.Queen Chrysalis [Poll Winner] by Darksly-z on DeviantArt
5.sombra by mirroredsea on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Comics
King's Quest by AcidEmerald on DeviantArt - Thorax, Ocellus, and Smolder
large.png

S09E03 by iojknmiojknm on DeviantArt - Silverstream and Yona
large.png

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Was late on my take on part 1 of Spring Breakdown. So first off, no Japanese dub. Well RIP G4 Japanese dubs.

As for the short itself, I guess it was so and so. I did like Pinkie's reaction of not getting to eat the desert. But was bothered on why RD was that paranoid about magic coming loose. I mean I would have expected that from SciTwi or Sunset, but it's RD acting paranoid about evil magic for no apparent reason. It just doesn't help that she is essentially ruining the rest of the Humane 7 time and hospitality. How could could you think Fluttershy was in danger when close to animals when she literally communicates with them?! And are you seriously this oblivious to AJ being seasick?! And where part 1 cuts off, that's obviously Trixie lol!

At least we got to see DJ Pon-3 in a swimsuit, but yeah didn't feel like this was a good start, and from everyone else's opinions on the special, it apparently goes downhill from there?

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Was late on my take on part 1 of Spring Breakdown. So first off, no Japanese dub. Well RIP G4 Japanese dubs.

As for the short itself, I guess it was so and so. I did like Pinkie's reaction of not getting to eat the desert. But was bothered on why RD was that paranoid about magic coming loose. I mean I would have expected that from SciTwi or Sunset, but it's RD acting paranoid about evil magic for no apparent reason. It just doesn't help that she is essentially ruining the rest of the Humane 7 time and hospitality. How could could you think Fluttershy was in danger when close to animals when she literally communicates with them?! And are you seriously this oblivious to AJ being seasick?! And where part 1 cuts off, that's obviously Trixie lol!

At least we got to see DJ Pon-3 in a swimsuit, but yeah didn't feel like this was a good start, and from everyone else's opinions on the special, it apparently goes downhill from there?
No, the beginning is the worst part, due to Dash causing trouble everywhere. It gets much better once the story proper starts.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017

I would say the general consensus is that it gets better in the second half, with the first being pretty awful for all the reasons you highlighted. I think the idea is that Rainbow is hoping for something bad to happen so she and her friends can use their powers and save the day.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
^Alright. Really thought it was the opposite.
Perhaps you were thrown off by mentions that they didn't do enough with the pony parts and particularly my comparison to "Mirror Magic". I suspect that like "Rollercoaster of Friendship", this special will be better when broken up over weeks, since you can better focus on the good parts like the gags.

Last edited:
EQG - Spring Breakdown part 2; July comic solicitations
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Part 2 is up

And July comic solicitations!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #80
Sam Maggs (w) • Kate Sherron (a & CVR A) • Sara Richard (CVR B) • Justina Babinska (1:10 RI CVR)
STL122196.jpg

Get ready to roll a natural 20 as Pinkie Pie and the rest of your favorite ponies gear up for a live-action role playing game for the ages! With elaborate costumes, captured princes, and one of Pinkie's famous pies on the line, you can bet things are going to get crazy! Gear up for a fantastic adventure with your favorite ponies!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

My Little Pony: Spirit of the Forest #3 (of 3)
Ted Anderson (w) • Brenda Hickey (a & CVR A) • Tony Fleecs (CVR B) • Kate Sherron (1:10 RI CVR)
STL122199.jpg

The Cutie Mark Crusaders take to the woods to find the mythical Spirit of the Forest in a last-ditch effort to get Filthy Rich to change his scheming ways! Will our favorite fillies find the elusive guardian? Or will somepony else get through to the greedy miser first? Find out in this conclusion to the Cutie Mark Crusaders' latest mini-series!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Looks like Spirit of the Forest is about Filthy Rich polluting the Everfree Forest. So in the end, it doesn't look worth checking out for anything but cute art. I want to know what, if anything, replaces this.

The normal issue seems fun, more or less doing what people wanted from the ending of "Dungeons & Discord". Pinkie is creepy on that cover.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
New video promoting the 200th episode airing tomorrow from Hasbro. Has some decently heavy spoilers if you want to avoid that. Also seeing Cathy voice Spike will never not be extremely weird to me:

Twilight's Seven
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Twilight's Seven
Twilight and Shining armor never having had a single fight, as stated in "BBBFF", was always weird. I figured this competition would be a way around that, but I didn't expect them to straight up reframe the things we saw in that song, haha.

That was a really fun episode. I'm especially happy they addressed Spike as Twilight and Shining's sibling.

Not much else to say, really. I expect a lot of fan art from this, especially with the addition of Joker to Smash (and the Gun meme) leading to a lot of Spy Fluttershy and Spike art.

Here's a thread from Big Jim explaining what every VA suggested.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim

For those who've watched today's #MLP200 episode, here's a little thread about what each VA wanted their characters to do.
9:28 AM - 20 Apr 2019

Big Jim
@TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

While there were a lot of amazing and hilarious ideas bandied about on the day we all met to break the story, here's what we all settled on...

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

@StTabitha proposed the concept of Rarity organizing a heist of some kind. That became the backbone of the story.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

@AndreaLibman always wanted Pinkie to go to space, and for Fluttershy to have a bad ass spy moment.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

@ash_leigh_ball wanted to see Rainbow Dash interact with @ryanbeil as Zephyr again, and for AJ to have a secret past we'd never heard about before.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

@CathyWeseluck had always wanted to see more done with Spike's familial relationship with Twilight as a sibling.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

And @tarastrong wrapped it all up suggesting the long standing rivalry between Twilight and Shining Armor.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

Then @NicoleDubuc and @joshhaber went and did a really masterful job winding all these ideas in to a coherent script full of all sorts of little extra bits and jokes that came up in the initial story breaking meeting. I can't understate how impressed we were...

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

...with their first draft. The fact that they made it all work and make sense was incredibly impressive

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

Then our design teams kicked it up a notch with the various styles of the wish sequences, the new looks for characters (70's Dolly Parton AJ, Zephyr's ill fitting royal guard armor, RD's glam dress).

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

@kayleachard, @OhJeeToriG and Anna Latzer brought such a fun and imaginative vibe, and came with a host of ways and ideas to push the visuals at the boarding stage. You can thank Kaylea for those star wipes!

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

@steph_mahoney and her layout crew continued to push the poses and expressions, elevating the whole thing.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

The animation team delivered some exceptional work. We were so impressed with what was coming in.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

Ben Galewitz and Jacintha Caldwell did some great stuff with the AFX. All the wish sequences when the girls are pitching their heist ideas have different looks/film grain effects thanks to Ben and Jacintha.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

The boys at Dick and Rogers, and @Wm_K_Anderson did some truly inspired work with the audio and score. They made the whole package come together.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

The end result is the episode you just watched! It's a true testament to the power of the teamwork that's brought 200 episodes to life so far!

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
4h4 hours ago

And finally, the most important piece, is you the viewers/fans. We could never have even conceived of making it to over 200 episodes without all of you who've been with us on this journey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
When I first heard the concept of the episode I was worried that it would be extremely chaotic with way too much stuff thrown haphazardly into an episode. And I wouldn't say that's too far off of what we ended up getting. There's a lot of stuff that really feels half-baked and like it could have really used more time. Stuff like Pinkie going to "space," AJ's secret past, and in particular the dynamic between Celestia and Luna. I felt like the potential ramifications of them being as upset with each other as they were was a bit understated given their history. I don't really know if that was something they were setting up for future episodes or if they just needed them to be at odds with each other to give Luna a reason to assist Spike. There's a lot of character motivations in general in this episode that are largely summed up by "they're acting this way because they need to for the plot to advance." Celestia indulging Twilight and Shining's sibling rivalry to the level that she did without any real observations as to how ridiculous the whole thing was felt especially weird to me.

I'm getting all the negative stuff out of the way first because I think it's worth pointing out, but ultimately all those problems really didn't have that negative of an impact for me because it's pretty easy to just not think about those things and just enjoy the episode. There was a lot of really fun expressions in the episode, especially with Rarity. Seeing Rarity and Rainbow working together again really made me wish we could get another Rarity Investigates style episode. Those two were easily the highlights of the episode. Other then that it was just a lot of fun seeing the characters play off each other in the really silly scenario they were in.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
You know, they played really fast and loose with the entire "barrier that prevents magic" thing.

New video promoting the 200th episode airing tomorrow from Hasbro. Has some decently heavy spoilers if you want to avoid that. Also seeing Cathy voice Spike will never not be extremely weird to me:

Alright, watched this. Jeez, it straight up shows the ending.

And yeah, seeing Cathy voice Spike is super weird.

Here are selected tweets from everyone about this episode.
Cathy Weseluck
‏ @CathyWeseluck

Loved the Ep! Finally! The Little Brother Spike always wanted to be! :) #MLP200
9:08 AM - 20 Apr 2019

Cathy Weseluck
‏ @CathyWeseluck
Replying to @Hasbro @tarastrong and

Each of us had our own ideas as per our characters and it was awesome Spike had some 'little brother' like time with Fluttershy too! :) #MLP200
9:14 AM - 20 Apr 2019

𝔸𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒 𝕃𝕚𝕓𝕞𝕒𝕟
‏Verified account @AndreaLibman

Oh wow! Seeing our names at the beginning of an episode is pretty amazing! #MLP200 @tarastrong @CathyWeseluck @StTabitha @ash_leigh_ball
8:35 AM - 20 Apr 2019

𝔸𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒 𝕃𝕚𝕓𝕞𝕒𝕟
7h7 hours ago

YES! Pinkie in Space! It was everything I wanted!!!! #MLP200

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
Replying to @AndreaLibman

We designed that sequence to look a little like "Le Petit Prince".
8:52 AM - 20 Apr 2019

𝔸𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒 𝕃𝕚𝕓𝕞𝕒𝕟

Awwww yeah Fluttershy #MLP200
(dodging lasers GIF)
8:47 AM - 20 Apr 2019

A.J. Stinson
‏ @alexjstinson
7h7 hours ago

Did you ever dream MLP would be this legendary? Or you'd be a part of it?
@tarastrong @AndreaLibman @StTabitha @CathyWeseluck #MLP200

Auntie Pants
‏ @StTabitha
Replying to @alexjstinson @tarastrong and

I had been merrily anonymous in previous generations of MLP. Still in a bit of shock about the show's popularity. Like coming home from work and opening the door to a massive 5 year party! #MLP200
8:32 AM - 20 Apr 2019

Nicole Dubuc
‏Verified account @NicoleDubuc
6h6 hours ago

@tarastrong @AndreaLibman @StTabitha @mouthnoize @CathyWeseluck @ash_leigh_ball @TheBiggestJim @joshhaber Soooo proud of our collaboration, team. This turned out FANTASTIC!!! #MLP200 #MLPSeason9 ❤️❤️❤️
3 replies 17 retweets 54 likes

Auntie Pants
‏ @StTabitha
Replying to @NicoleDubuc @tarastrong and

I can't believe you genius writers found a way to marry all our nutty ideas into a cohesive unit.
9:13 AM - 20 Apr 2019

Techno Tron
‏ @mlp_techno_tron
6h6 hours ago

who knew @StTabitha was best Bond villain #MLPSeason9
D4m88KNXsAEfr2n.jpg:small

Auntie Pants
‏ @StTabitha
Replying to @mlp_techno_tron

This is a little animation surprise I didn't see coming and I blew coffee through my nose.
9:17 AM - 20 Apr 2019

Auntie Pants
‏ @StTabitha

Favourite Rarity expression ever: #MLP200 ⁦@TheBiggestJim⁩
D4nAouHU0AAkOls.jpg:small

9:23 AM - 20 Apr 2019

Auntie Pants
‏ @StTabitha

Okay, well dang it, I have to say it: I'm proud of all ourselves. #MLP200
D4nBkOoUIAAQoBx.jpg:small

9:27 AM - 20 Apr 2019

And a bunch of art already.
1.Luna and goose by dino_horse
2.The Castle Cracker by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
3.Stylish (Pic of the week MLPS9E4) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt
4.Rainbow and Applejack dressed up and singing by mightyshockwave
5.Baby Spike writing bad words by witchtaunter
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Chaotic Evil [MLP Luna] by Shad0w-Galaxy on DeviantArt
2.Rainbow asking you to call her cute by testostepone - Quoting Megara from Disney's Hercules.
3.Rainbow in a dress by cowsrtasty
4.Celestia and Luna by dragk
5.Celestia being cute by dragk
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Luna and goose by dragk
2.Luna and goose by nekubi
3.Luna and goose and Twilight by binkyt11
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

And art made from trailers, including a month ago. First is based on that behind the scenes video.
1.Rainbow in her dress by taligintou
2.new costume by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt
3.Royal Guard - Aware by Roda11 on DeviantArt
4.The Most Fashionable by Schokocream on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

And unrelated, but we finally have a remix of a new song. Well, I say finally, but it's been up for a while. Anyway, it's good.

For tomorrow's stream, I think it makes sense to use this stream to show everyone's favorite MLP fan videos; I imagine there will be other things to show by the series finale. So suggest what should be shown; please keep it below five minutes per video.

Oct 27, 2017
I found yesterday's episode to be solidly average. It just kind of existed. It didn't really feel like a special 200th episode at all to me.

The basic plot made enough sense, but the details fall apart when you think about them.
Like it felt like everyone was doing their own part of the plan, but pretty much the only part that mattered was Spike and Fluttershy. The were able to go straight to the throne room with no issues, and Fluttershy could do her thing.
There was no need to unblock the tunnels, or distract the guards, or deal with the fans, since all of the other plans still relied on Fluttershy to deal with the geese, and she didn't need the other plans to get there.

And Spike's big elaborate plan boiled down to "Have Luna teleport it to me"

Eh, the whole thing was inoffensive enough, but I expected something more special. Like if I didn't know this was the 200th I'd never guess it was supposed to be a milestone episode.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Like it felt like everyone was doing their own part of the plan, but pretty much the only part that mattered was Spike and Fluttershy. The were able to go straight to the throne room with no issues, and Fluttershy could do her thing.
There was no need to unblock the tunnels, or distract the guards, or deal with the fans, since all of the other plans still relied on Fluttershy to deal with the geese, and she didn't need the other plans to get there.
Twilight briefly mentioned it while explaining the first plan: attack in multiple ways in case one part fails. If Fluttershy fails, the others can try to figure out another way around the geese.

And Spike's big elaborate plan boiled down to "Have Luna teleport it to me"
He sabotaged Rarity's plan because he wanted everyone to be there. Presumably that was needed to make his win legitimate in his eyes.

Eh, the whole thing was inoffensive enough, but I expected something more special. Like if I didn't know this was the 200th I'd never guess it was supposed to be a milestone episode.
There have been some complaints about episode 100 being too out there, like in that one book that goes over the entire history of MLP. In a way, it's a good thing that an episode that was written in an unusual way doesn't stand out as an unusually written episode for the audience.

But I get the complaint that it doesn't stand out as a celebratory episode; I was hoping for a Lyra and Bon Bon wedding myself. Though I imagine part of why they didn't do a show celebration story this time is because we'll get that sort of thing closer to the end.

A bit of art.
Luna and goose originally by nekubi, animated by szafir87
thumb.gif

1.Don't Underestimate Us by johnjoseco on DeviantArt - Luna and Spike
2.Dashie Dress by Darksly-z on DeviantArt
3.Twilight, Shining, and Spike fighting over the crown by jowybean
4.Twilight just smelling the flowers in front of Shining by jowybean
5.Celestia, Luna, and goose by jowybean
6.Detective and Bunny by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Fluttershy and Rarity snuggling
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Good idea by Skiskir on DeviantArt
medium.png

fony

Feb 17, 2018
This one felt more like a Pinkie episode with all kinds of silly things that don't quite make sense. But they just mistakenly put the wrong central character. All that silliness was pretty fun to watch.

I wasn't aware this was a special episode when I saw it. I remember mentions of a 200th coming but didn't make the connection that it was this one.

I still don't understand what the episode's title means.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
New episode synopsis!

10. Going to Seed - June 1, 2019 (Estimated)
Applejack's plans for an orderly harvest go awry when Apple Bloom becomes obsessed with catching a magical creature she thinks can help them.

Gotta get that Applejack episode out of the way. This is the upcoming episode I'm least looking forward to, unless the magical creature turns out to be the ghost of their mom or something.

GM Berrow wrote this week's episode, "The Point of No Return", and it's her final FiM story, show or book it seems. She has a special message.

Capture.PNG

Berrow has been a real mixed bag with her stories, to say the least, but hopefully this is more "Dance Magic" than "Fluttershy Leans In" or "Daring Done". She mentioned earlier that her favorite MLP story she wrote is in this season, so this must be it.

More art ahead of the episode followup. Expect a lot of Luna art in the followup. Also, I missed while actually watching the episode that the final title was actually "Sparkle's Seven".
1.Detective Rarity by atlas-66
2.Detective Rarity black and white by atlas-66
3.MLP Screenshot Redraw - Princess Luna by Rutkotka on DeviantArt
4.Rarity X Rainbow dressed up by raridashdoodles
5.GIF of Rarity explaining to Rainbow what to do to Zephyr by raridashdoodles
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

small.gif

1.Luna [Like a Boss XD] by AlexBlueBird on DeviantArt
2.Mastermind Princess Luna by DrAltruist on DeviantArt
3.Pwetty by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Rainbow
4.Written By... by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Mane Six and Spike
5.Spike with the crown by sketckpad1
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

And from the episode before, a good remix.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Well UberTag has returned to the land of the living!

Episode followup

NOTES
So, this episode is actually called "Sparkle's Seven", not "Twilight's Seven" like I previously referred to it as, and how it was listed on guides. This typically means a last minute title change.

One bit of info I forgot to bring up earlier is that the Pinkie in Space segment was visually inspired by Le Petit Prince / The Little Prince. So it's a good thing Pinkie didn't leave for space after all, I suppose.

SCREENSHOTS
There's a lot to love from this episode, but I'll try to narrow things down.

Most important one
small.gif

1.Young Twilight and Spike kite flying
2.Young Twilight's kite falls on Spike
3.Super Spies Fluttershy and Spike
4.Rainbow ehhhhhhhh in her dress
5.Rainbow bleh
2019980.gif

thumb.gif

small.gif

medium.png

small.gif

And this is just in video form on Derpibooru. Rarity telling Rainbow what to do to Zephyr Breeze.

FAN CONTENT
Note that I posted a lot of art in previous posts already.

First, a bunch of Luna stroking a goose art (non-lewd), roughly new to old.
1.princesa conspiradora by focusb on DeviantArt
2.Ha Peasants by FallenAngel5414 on DeviantArt
3.Goose! by Beavernator on DeviantArt
4.Mastermind Loona by SadTrooper on DeviantArt
5.Mastermind by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Luna Judges by Dusthiel on DeviantArt
2.Beware of the Luna by DoraeArtDreams-Aspy on DeviantArt
3.by setharu
4.by shadowreindeer
5.You didn't see that coming right? by GlitterStar2000 on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.by mik3thestrange
2.by colorfulcolor233
3.Fanart - MLP. Season 9, Before I banish you... by jamescorck on DeviantArt
4.Luna by RaikohIllust on DeviantArt
5.by puddingskinmcgee
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.The One Who Honks by Penny-Wren on DeviantArt
2.by darkest-lunar-flower
medium.jpeg

medium.png

And other art. Also roughly new to old.
1.Cake Empress by Victoria-Luna on DeviantArt - Celestia
2.Piñata Pinkie and Pinkamena by zoomiso
3.Applechord by Darksly-z on DeviantArt - Applejack
4.Rainbow dress and Rarity by yajima
5.Double The Badassitude by LA-ndy on DeviantArt - Dangerous Mission Outfit Fluttershy and Spike
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Celestia petting Twilight by puetsua
2.Rarity face 04x9 by 3500joel on DeviantArt
3.Luna with Celestia, Twilight, and geese by upperthemoon
4.Applejack preparing her legs by noupu
5.Rarity [s9ep4] by Shido-Tara on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.MLP Vector - Apple Chord and Coloratura by jhayarr23 on DeviantArt - Applejack
2.Rainbow dress by moonseeker
3.Rarity Of The Royal Guard by LennonBlack on DeviantArt
4.Noir by Taneysha on DeviantArt - Rainbow and Rarity
5.Rarity hiding behind a bush by aperaturescience
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.MLP FIM - Fancy Rainbow Dash by Joakaha on DeviantArt
2.Smirk Rarity by SkyeyPony on DeviantArt
3.Rainbow dress by drawbauchery
4.Luna and Spike by drawbauchery
5.Zephyr Breeze by drawbauchery
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Edit of Spikette comic to have Twilight smack away the sibling crown by tadpoledude
2.Apple Chord by Rockset on DeviantArt - Human Applejack
3.Rainbow dress by littmosa
4.【MyLittlePony】"fluttershy" / Illustration by "HeartCrafter" [pixiv]
5.Spike and Luna by 1racat
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Rainbow being measured for her dress by Rarity by czu
2.Rainbow Dash in dress by JellyyS on DeviantArt
3.Baby Twilight, Flurry, and Spike by red4567
4.Twilights seven by RainbowEevee-DA on DeviantArt - Just Twilight
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

And some art from older episodes. Also roughly new to old per episode.
1.Silverstream saying she could be a Wonderbolt by tjpones
2.draw my dream! by nabebuta11 on DeviantArt - Silverstream
3.Redraw s9e3 by AlexMichanikos on DeviantArt - Human Silverstream
4.MLP S09E03 by Leslers on DeviantArt - Sandbar
5.Tree of Harmony Twilight telling Smolder she lived bitch by pinkiespresent
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Twilighting by Dsiak on DeviantArt - GIF
2.Now it's the canon by gor1ck on DeviantArt - Rainbow with axe
3.Memories #1 // Season 9 - Crazyalis by Julunis14 on DeviantArt - Chrysalis
4.Badass Twilight by jen-neigh
5.Cake Walk! by Fluttersheeeee on DeviantArt - Pinkie
thumb.gif

2022027.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Some of this is not necessarily made for "The Beginning of the End", but I figure much of the Sombra and Cozy Glow art made recently was instigated by the episode.
1.Sombra's Coffee Break by Etherium-Apex on DeviantArt
2.Cozy Glow! by NSilverDraws on DeviantArt
3.cozy glow by Emera33 on DeviantArt
4.Human Cozy Glow by sinso2913
5.Sombra Is An Idiot by Jamz-artz on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Beginning of the End - Villain's gather by BrekrofMadness on DeviantArt
2.league of evil by Nancy-05 on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Fluttershy X Discord comic by nanaevans - Not labeled as being for "The Beginning of the End", but I feel like it probably is.
large.jpeg

And most importantly, new nutshell video

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
More episode descriptions for episodes 11 through 13.

2023460.png

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Thoughts:
AJ episode from earlier sounds bad. Don't have much faith but we'll see.

Seeing Starlight potentially actually interact with the students sounds cool. Also just nice to see more Starlight.

The CMC episode is very vague. Could potentially end up being the big finale episode for them.

More Royal Sisters is nice. Also an important episode to show how Twilight's friends ruling Equestria will actually work long-term.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Typed up descriptions with estimated dates:

11. Student Counsel - June 8, 2019
Starlight Glimmer relishes her role as school counselor and encourages the students to come to her anytime about anything, but she becomes overwhelmed and learns a lesson.

12. The Last Crusade - June 15, 2019
Unexpected visitors to Ponyville threaten to break up the Cutie Mark Crusaders forever.

13. Between Dark and Dawn - June 23, 2019
Luna and Celestia take a sister vacation while Twilight and her friends struggle to cover the princesses' many royal duties.

I feel like "Student Counsel" might be a sort of anthology episode, where Starlight has to deal with different problems one after another.

For "The Last Crusade", calling it, the unexpected visitors will be Scootaparents coming to take her away.

Luna and Celestia's vacation being mentioned first in "Between Dark and Dawn" may mean that the L/C plot will be the A plot, which would be fun.

And tomorrow's episode is
5. The Point of No Return - April 27, 2019
Twilight realizes she never returned a book to the Canterlot Library and may have caused her favorite librarian to lose her job.

The episode that might be about Moondancer, unless they really do introduced a new character for this.

Also,
【動圖】"mastermind" / Ugoira by "RedP" [pixiv]
small.gif

The Point of No Return

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
New episode was fun. Despite Twilight freaking out the whole time, it was actually a more laid-back episode. Quite a few standout moments in terms of humor as well. I don't think it's quite on the level of Barrow's best work (That is still undeniably Dance Magic for me) but I would say that it's easily her second best episode, although that is largely because her output has been less then stellar so far. I've always been very insistent that Berrow was a good writer that could write great stuff, so I'm glad that her final episode helps validate that. Other then that I don't think there's a whole lot to say, it was a fun but not especially remarkable episode.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Point of No Return
Well, Moondancer appeared! Even if she isn't the librarian the episode was about. Surprised that Saffron Masala didn't make an appearance when they went to her restaurant.

But I was happy the librarian in question was someone else, because that means we finally get to learn a bit more about Twilight's time in Canterlot. Not as much as I would have liked, granted, but it's a nice glimpse. We've often seen Twilight's admiration for librarians in the show, so it was weird that she never seemed to actually be friends with any.

I really liked the first, let's say, half of this episode, featuring Twilight panic, but then the episode became pretty montage heavy. I still enjoyed the rest of the episode, but it wasn't as good, and definitely felt padded. This is definitely GM Berrow's second best episode, but the third one is "The End in Friend", which I know isn't considered that remarkable of an episode. I've felt before that Berrow's worst written characters are Rainbow and Fluttershy, and this didn't include either of them, so that's good.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
This episode's plot was basically a series of events designed specifically to give Twilight panic attacks. As a fan of seeing her freak out, I enjoyed it immensely.

EQG - Spring Breakdown part 3
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Note for those that didn't check the Hangouts thread, there will NOT be a stream today, since everyone who would run it is busy.

Didn't post this earlier

The My Little Pony Official channel is also uploading Korean videos now, which I don't remember them doing before.

If you Google search for "Equestria Girls episodes", then the Google results show upcoming short descriptions.
2024526.png

Looking forward to the songs. Is that first title supposed to be a reference to "I'm on a Boat"?

There are multiple shorts related to festivals. Does that mean this is all we're getting for the musical festival in that choose your own adventure book, or will there be a separate special for that story?

This episode had some nice Twilight pictures.
Family picture
thumb.jpeg

Looks like giraffe necks run in the family. Also, continuity error with cutie mark-free Twilight while Spike exists.

Library card, portrait
small.png
small.png

Kind of surprised they had two different pictures, but gotta include the awkward library card. Also, if you're wondering, no the portrait wasn't there in "Amending Fences".

Not too much fan art yet, but I love this comic.
Scroll In a Box by EMositeCC on DeviantArt
large.png

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, just noticed the dates listed for those EQG shorts are odd. They're on Sunday, and there are two per day. Plus there are still three more "Spring Breakdown" parts to show, and the first date listed is next Sunday.

You know, I think I'll switch back to embedding smaller images here. Tell me if I should go back to larger images. I embed larger images if there's text or details that are hard to see at the small size.

Art dump for "The Point of No Return".
1.Young Twilight library card photo by t72b
2.Derpy carrying box by ramiras
3.Mail Pony by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Derpy
4.Book(Horse) of the Month Club by DocWario on DeviantArt - New librarian pony
5.It's for Twilight by Neko-Snicker on DeviantArt - Derpy
thumb.png

small.jpeg

small.jpeg

thumb.png

small.png

1.Twilight and Spike time travel by jowybean
2.3D Twilight portrait by flushthebatsanta
3.Mlp S9e5 by Renciel on DeviantArt - Twilight, Spike, and Dusty Pages
4.Moondancer, Twilight, and the new librarian pony by bluebender
5.Spike At Your Service by poecillia-gracilis19 on DeviantArt - And Coriander Cumin (Saffron Masala's father)
medium.jpeg

thumb.png

small.jpeg

small.png

small.jpeg

1.Best Borrower (Pic of the week MLPS9E5) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt - Human Twilight and Dusty Pages
2.S9E5 - Postal Delivery Twilight by luminaura on DeviantArt - And Spike
3.Twilight sniffing a book by cowsrtasty
small.jpeg

thumb.png

small.png

Now, older art.

First, the agrol GIF for "Sparkle's Seven"
small.gif

1.Armor Rarity by prplepsychopath
2.Rd5 by Hierozaki on DeviantArt - Rainbow dress
3.R3 by Hierozaki on DeviantArt - Rarity
4.Twilight with the heist plan and a gun by gouransion
5.Pinkie In Space by Empyu on DeviantArt
thumb.jpeg

small.png

small.png

small.png

small.png

1.No way, Nuh-uh, by Auroriia on DeviantArt - Rainbow dress
2.MLP FIM - Rarity Detective Smirk by Joakaha on DeviantArt
3.Space PinkiePie by wayne1999 on DeviantArt
4.Sound of Apple Chord by AssasinMonkey on DeviantArt
5.Random Rainbow Dash icon by Dashy21 on DeviantArt
small.png

small.jpeg

thumb.jpeg

small.png

thumb.png

1.Sketch of Luna and goose by th3ipodm0n
2.Princess Luna and goose by KetikaCraft on DeviantArt
3.The real Sibling Supreme by CoconutHound on DeviantArt - Luna
4.Rainbow dress by stardep
5.Rarity Vector 28 - Royal Detective by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
thumb.jpeg

medium.png

thumb.png

small.jpeg

thumb.png

1.Sibling Rivalry by Sea-Maas on DeviantArt - Luna and goose
2.Celestia and Luna by SkyeyPony on DeviantArt
3.Luna and goose by glowpearlescent / pearlescent
4.Armor Rarity by mylittlegayponies
5.Let's Gitit! by OinkTweetStudios on DeviantArt - Mane Six and Spike
small.png

thumb.png

thumb.jpeg

thumb.png

small.png

1.Apple Chord not knowing what heavy metal is by flutterthrash
2.Luna and Spike victory by tylerdashart
3.Cute Twilight by SkyeyPony on DeviantArt
small.jpeg

thumb.png

thumb.png

Great edit for "The Beginning of the End" from lolledits
small.gif

And other art from older episodes.
1.s09e01 by Setharu on DeviantArt - Twilight and check
2.My little Tirek by TingSan on DeviantArt - Also Cozy Glow
3.Twilight by Victoria-Luna on DeviantArt
4.Uprooted by Calenita on DeviantArt - Student Six and new Tree House
5.Silverstream Painter (MLP S9C03)(read description) by AsajioPie01 on DeviantArt - And Yona
thumb.png

thumb.jpeg

thumb.jpeg

small.png

small.png

Comic - Friendship is Magic #77
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Friendship is Magic #77
Much of this issue was pretty good, but it was frustrating once again spending a bunch of time on one group only for them to fall to Cosmos before they even realize she's a thing.

Discord's flashbacks solidify what I assumed last issue: it's being retconned that Discord wasn't actually that bad a thousand years ago, and he was only considered a menace because he took the blame for Cosmos's actions. Again, while I'm not opposed to the idea, I think the story went too far with this and it takes a lot of the meaning out of Fluttershy turning him good and the events of "Twilight's Kingdom" if Discord was always just a nuisance.

alternate_universes_poster.png

Despite that, the visuals during the flashback are great, and I enjoy the framing story of Discord describing this to a mutated (cute, but still mutated) Fluttershy, who then puts her hoof down and tells him to go stop Cosmos.

only_pony.png

The sequence of Cadance, Rainbow, Rarity, and Spike talking about eating gems was fun, but again, it's disappointing that this just led to Cosmos taking over Cadance before they realized anything was happening. I did like Cosmos being infected by Zecora's rhyming, though.

The art is as fantastic as always, and there were good scenes, but I'm disappointed by some of the story choices.

cosmos_restored.png

Silver Quill's review is more critical, pointing out the repetition from previous parts and the waste of Cadance. He also points out things I missed: Cosmos is a straight up alien that came from the stars, and the ladybugs are stated to be the residents of Canterlot post-transformation. He theorizes that the characters Cosmos took control of will fight back in the final part later this month, but I assume Discord will just find the courage to face Cosmos and then one-shot her, as these things tend to go.

~~~

Meredith Salenger, Patton Oswalt's wife, reveals the names of her and their daughter's characters.

Meredith Salenger
‏Verified account @MeredthSalenger

Meredith Salenger Retweeted Patton Oswalt

We had the best time voicing #MyLittlePony as a family. And I am truly blown away by how talented Alice is! You have to watch just to see her kill it. The emotion! So real. So good. Bravo little #windsprint Pegasus. I loved playing her Unicorn mom #ClearSky. It's a great story!

It's been a while since we've had a parent and child of different races in the show. Also, a unicorn named Clear Sky is unusual.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
"The Point of No Return" followup.

NOTES
GM Berrow based Silver Stables on the retirement home her husband's grandfather lives in.

SCREENSHOTS
This episode had some nice Twilighting.
1.Derpy crashing
2.Twilight pulling her face
3.Twilight hiding from Sweet Biscuit after she already mostly passes
4.Pony with a pointy face
5.Blushy Twilight
thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

small.png

thumb.gif

1.Twilight faceplant
2.Cute librarian pony confused
thumb.gif

thumb.gif

FAN CONTENT
There hasn't been too much for this episode since my last post.

Agrol pointy pony GIF
small.gif

1.librarian Pony by LuxiWind on DeviantArt
2.Librarian Horse by LOCKHE4RT on DeviantArt
3.Younger Dusty Pages by cheezedoodle96
thumb.jpeg

thumb.png

thumb.png

A couple more for "Sparkle's Seven", though.
1.Pinkie Pie by puperhamster on DeviantArt
2.Random goose petting Luna Icon by Dashy21 on DeviantArt
3.L U N A by DarkJillMLP123 on DeviantArt - Luna
4.Dangerous Mission Outfit Fluttershy atlas-66
5.Princess Luna (s9 ep4) by puperhamster on DeviantArt
6.Pinkie Pie in the Space (MLP S9C04) by AsajioPie01 on DeviantArt
7.A6 by Hierozaki on DeviantArt - Apple Chord
thumb.png

thumb.jpeg

small.png

thumb.png

thumb.png

thumb.png

small.png

A couple of comics

Old Toys by DeusExEquus on DeviantArt - Note the punchline is suggestive
2029461.png

S9E5 - Tough Delivering by Mew-Me on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

5 Passing the Book by BJDazzle on DeviantArt - Moondancer's ultimate plan
2029194.png

And the most important part

Twinkle Sprinkle has it rough.

EQG - Spring Breakdown part 4
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
There's a 2 minute clip that has been released for tomorrow's episode, Common Ground. It looks like it's pretty early in the episode and is largely just setting stuff up so it's not super remarkable IMO. It's embedded on a weird website so I'll just link the page you can find it on:

https://vault.mle.party/videos/watch/b0a875e1-ccd1-4671-9a71-14470d5e5eb0
The source USA Today article has spoilers for the episode's ending, BTW, but it has some interesting details.

I forgot it took this long to get to Ponyland.

Here's an interesting video about the end of MLP and specifically the effect the show has had on DHX. Incredibly, there's zero mention of bronies! Always a plus. It's nice to hear how things were changed on the production side for once.

Tomorrow's new episode is
6. Common Ground - May 4, 2019
Rainbow Dash's old pal Quibble Pants needs help to bond with the daughter of his new special friend because, like Dash, she's a real sports pony.

Common Ground

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
IDK, there's something about all the background info that made the episode really weird to me and hard to evaluate as its own separate thing. Like the fact that it was literally Patton basically playing himself trying to get along with his actual daughter-in-law with is actual wife just made things really hard to take at face value. The resolution felt super quick as well, with the daughter going from hating Quibble to getting along with him almost instantly. Honestly that whole storyline I didn't really enjoy very much, mainly because of all the awkward attempts at Quibble to be sporty. Some of the side stuff was fun though, like all the stuff with Snips, Fluttershy, and Pinkie. I wish that Fluttershy in particular had played a more active role in the story, rather then just being a sports star.I don't think it was a terrible episode or anything but I couldn't really get into it.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Common Ground
Huh, I really didn't expect to see Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Snails' buckball team to return. And Snips returns too! Considering he didn't appear in "Buckball Season", this is his first speaking role on the show since season 4, I think. While I wasn't all that excited about Snips in particular returning, I'm glad they didn't break their friendship off screen or something, and Snails remains unexpectedly cool. Pinkie and Fluttershy playing buckball is cute, so it's nice to see them play some more.

Also, Ponyland having color film confirmed, after it last appeared during the song "Babs Seed".

Anyway, the main story of the episode with Quibble was cute, but got pretty repetitive. He definitely wasn't as funny as in his previous episode, but there were still some good gags, and I'm glad they found another more emotional direction to take the character (especially for future appearances... wait...), and I thought the resolution worked well. I will say it was pretty weird having an actual little kid say a bunch of lines as a filly. Even the season 1 CMC were voiced by teens.

Also, yeah, I guess Quibble just naturally has Daring Do's hair color.

Overall, alright episode.

IDK, there's something about all the background info that made the episode really weird to me and hard to evaluate as its own separate thing. Like the fact that it was literally Patton basically playing himself trying to get along with his actual daughter-in-law with is actual wife just made things really hard to take at face value. The resolution felt super quick as well, with the daughter going from hating Quibble to getting along with him almost instantly. Honestly that whole storyline I didn't really enjoy very much, mainly because of all the awkward attempts at Quibble to be sporty. Some of the side stuff was fun though, like all the stuff with Snips, Fluttershy, and Pinkie. I wish that Fluttershy in particular had played a more active role in the story, rather then just being a sports star.I don't think it was a terrible episode or anything but I couldn't really get into it.
Correction, that's Patton Oswalt's biological daughter, and his wife is her stepmom, so the situation in the episode is reversed.

I was thinking throughout this episode about how Oswalt mentioned in interviews that his daughter has already grown past MLP, so she's probably really embarrassed by it, so that definitely did play a big part in how I viewed the episode.

EQG - I'm On A Yacht; EQG - Run to Break Free

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Correction, that's Patton Oswalt's biological daughter, and his wife is her stepmom, so the situation in the episode is reversed.

I just knew that it had some sort of parallel to Patton's life, I guess that makes things a little less weird. Even still I think the episode is fairly unremarkable and unmemorable. A little more time to think about it has only really reinforced that.

I was thinking throughout this episode about how Oswalt mentioned in interviews that his daughter has already grown past MLP, so she's probably really embarrassed by it, so that definitely did play a big part in how I viewed the episode.

At least according to the presser stuff I read for it, she apparently was pretty into the acting at the time despite being not a big fan of the show anymore at that point, so I think she might have just seen the role as an opportunity to get some voice acting practice if she decides to do that sort of thing down the road.

There was some new EQG song shorts released on the Discovery Go app, so they're out in the wild now. First was "I'm on a Yacht," which was not an extremely dated parody of "I'm on a boat" as I was hoping for and is instead basically the most vapid and "with the times" thing that's been in EQG so far. (Which is saying something) Some of the visuals are amazing, but they're in service to perhaps the worst G4 MLP song ever.

Secondly was "Run to Break Free," which also has some solid lighting effects (like all the rainbows) but it's kind of ruined by EQG's horrible walking and running animations. It's hard to take the inspirational and empowering video seriously when Rainbow looked so goofy running around. And the actual song isn't very good either. The team writing this song is actually different from the first one, but it's still not very good.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
At least according to the presser stuff I read for it, she apparently was pretty into the acting at the time despite being not a big fan of the show anymore at that point, so I think she might have just seen the role as an opportunity to get some voice acting practice if she decides to do that sort of thing down the road.
She's like 11 now, so I don't think she thinks that way. Maybe later, but now she apparently cares way more about Harry Potter.

(On that note, kind of surprised a kid would get into Harry Potter now when all that's coming out is stuff like The Crimes of Grindlewald)

There was some new EQG song shorts released on the Discovery Go app, so they're out in the wild now. First was "I'm on a Yacht," which was not an extremely dated parody of "I'm on a boat" as I was hoping for and is instead basically the most vapid and "with the times" thing that's been in EQG so far. (Which is saying something) Some of the visuals are amazing, but they're in service to perhaps the worst G4 MLP song ever.
Chorus is catchy and there are some fun visuals, but wow, the rest of the song really goes out of its way to make me hate it. Like seriously, if it was just the chorus over and over again, it would have been great, but then
235570645809758208.png
235570645809758208.png
235570645809758208.png

And then also Spike rapping.

It's hilarious to me that the Comic Con trailer literally had the best part of the song and everything else was trash.

Secondly was "Run to Break Free," which also has some solid lighting effects (like all the rainbows) but it's kind of ruined by EQG's horrible walking and running animations. It's hard to take the inspirational and empowering video seriously when Rainbow looked so goofy running around. And the actual song isn't very good either. The team writing this song is actually different from the first one, but it's still not very good.
Plus Rainbow's shown to be extremely bad at using her powers in the past, making it hard to accept she really sees things in slow motion like this, but song and all.

That said, the visual concept of this was interesting. Plus, there's the animation fact that slow motion is actually pretty hard to effectively pull off, though computers make it a lot easier. I agree that the song is just alright.

~~~

This new episode was pretty light on screencaps and especially GIFs, to the point where I had to make a ton of them. I have my suspicions this is related to the incredibly dumb incel backlash to this episode that led to /pol/ invading MLP boards: apparently dating a woman with a child makes you a cuck. Plus Trumpsters hate Patton Oswalt.

In any case, here are some of the GIFs I made that stuck out to me.
1.Fluttershy trail transition
2.Team Ponyville!
3.Unicorn mom dragging
4.Quibble missing the basket and sad face
5.Wind Sprint death glare
thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

1.Clear Sky helping Quibble onto his feet - I like when unicorns go out of their way not to use their magic
2.Quibble knocking down books and making a sad face
3.Wind Sprint flip
4.Fluttershy and Pinkie high effort throw - I like Fluttershy's grin
5.Pinkie bounce attack
thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

This episode in general had a lot of fun scene transitions. And I really like Fluttershy using her tail to throw balls. It's cute.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of news.

Hasbro straight up uploaded a song from an upcoming episode. Not going to embed. Episode title: "She's All Yak"................. Impressions seem good, but I haven't watched it myself yet. I wonder if they're aiming to steal some of the views from those people who upload songs after the episode comes out.

The show is going on break after the 13th episode on June 22, so we can probably expect non-US airings to get ahead of there and this thread to be full of spoiler tags again. I was planning on making a separate thread for the final episode, like what happened with Adventure Time, so I really hope that doesn't get aired early.

But there's more information: on June 29, they're airing a new special, Rainbow Roadtrip!

My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip
World Premiere Saturday, June 29 at 11:30a/10:30c

The Mane Six hop a balloon for Hope Hollow, where Rainbow Dash has been invited to be the guest of honor at the town's Rainbow Festival. But when they crashland in town, there's nopony there to greet them. The mystery grows when the sun rises to reveal the entire town and the ponies in it have been drained of color! While Twilight Sparkle tries to discover what malicious magic caused the town to fade, her friends help the townsponies plan a new rainbow festival, making friends along the way, and restoring the hope missing from Hope Hollow.

We've gotten bits of behind the scenes information, which point to this being: (1) animated by Boulder Media instead of DHX, (2) the planned premise for MLP the Movie 2, which is to say a sequel to the Movie with Tempest and such, and (3) animated in the Movie style. While the premise sounds like "The Crystal Empire" all over again, those factors make it very interesting to me.

A thread about the creation of "Common Ground"

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim

Here's a short thread with some backstory about today's #MLPSeason9 episode featuring @MeredthSalenger, @pattonoswalt and Alice Oswalt.
4:01 PM - 4 May 2019

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

When @joshhaber, @NicoleDubuc, @prag_o_matic, @mhmyhre, @Fruit_Of_The_Lu, and @MMeghanMcCarthy all were discussing story ideas for S9 back in August of 2017, we knew we wanted to try and bring back some of our previous guest stars.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

@pattonoswalt was the obvious choice as we all loved his previous appearance as Quibble. We were tossing around ideas, and I remembered one of Patton's bits where he ruminates about a future son, and how he's likely to hate all the geeky things Patton's in to and love sports.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

The bit involves Patton's imagined future son tossing his Boba Fett figure on the roof out of his dad's reach. It's hilarious. Seek it out if you've never heard it.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

We also remembered that Patton's daughter was a huge fan of MLP from early on, and was the primary reason he was even aware of the series from when we had him on back in S6. He's asked if we could have a small part for her back then, but for whatever reason...

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

...we couldn't make it work. So we had to try and get her in this story. Then we remembered that his wife was ALSO an amazing actor, and had a lot of VA experience. Maybe we could make this a family affair?

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

We broke some of the general beats of the story, mostly around the concept of Quibble needing RD's help to deal with not knowing anything about sports. Since he had previously written Quibble's first appearance with @mktoon, @joshhaber was the natural choice to take on the script

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

Josh took our thin premise and worked it in to a lovely, sweet and emotionally honest story about accepting yourself (a classic MLP trope) as well as a story about blended families. We were all very excited.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

We pitched it to the Oswalt's and they all loved the idea. In March of 2018, I flew down to LA and met up with Josh to go to the voice record. We met Patton, Meredith and Alice at the studio.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

Patton and Meredith were well experienced with doing VA work, but this would be a first for Alice. Josh and I had some trepidation. First time kid actors can be tricky. Could we get the performance we needed to sell the idea for the story? Would she be able to convey the nuance?

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

The very first thing Alice recorded for the show was one of Wind Sprint's disdainful "ugh"s to Quibble. She said it and we all howled with laughter. She totally got it. She was a natural. The rest of the afternoon, she was a total pro. She gave us a ton of takes,...

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

...and lots of variety in line readings. We asked her if she wanted a break at one point, and she said "Nah, I'm good". Who passes up a break?! She was awesome.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

It was also amazing to see the three of them in the room acting together. A real family playing a pretend one. The emotion and love in their performances is 100% real because it's the same love and emotion they have in their real lives. It was incredibly special to watch...

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

...and a real privilege to direct them that day. After that, it was time to make the episode! Our design team looked a photos of Alice to try and capture her look in pony form (peep the freckles on Wind Sprint's nose. Just like real life Alice!) We had Alice and Meredith...

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

...tell us the kinds of ponies they wanted to be and they suggested their characters' colour schemes.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

The whole crew came together and worked really hard to make this episode special and memorable for such an awesome family.

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
1h1 hour ago

Hopefully the familial love of the Oswalts comes through when you watch it. And hopefully the same can be said about the love and care coming from the crew in the final product.

And a bit of art for "Common Ground". There's more, but I have something to do.
1.Quibble and Rainbow by jowybean
2.Family Ogres & Oubliettes by jowybean
3.Family buckball outing by jowybean
4.Wind Sprint by luciferamon
5.Memories #2 // Season 9 - C'mon dad, let's play! by Julunis14 on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

thumb.png

small.jpeg

Comic
The truth about Wind Sprint by artiks
large.png

Oh, and
thumb.png

by tjpones

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Episode followup

NOTES
You know, it's interesting how this episode reflects on Fluttershy. Back in "Buckball Season", we saw that she had fun playing the game but got nervous when expectations were placed on her, then learned to just play for fun regardless. From this episode, we see that the game has done a ton to make her more comfortable in front of audiences and fans. Funny that this ended up being the key to her opening up instead of Rarity's a capella group, The Ponytones.

FAN CONTENT
I've moved back to larger images for the Hangouts thread, but I'll stick to smaller ones here.

Agrol GIF for the episode
2034331.gif

1.S9Ep6: To the Games! by Doodle-Mark on DeviantArt
2.Bonding by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt
3.Quibble Pants and Wind Sprint by Banquo0 on DeviantArt
4.We Are Family by MLP-TrailGrazer on DeviantArt
5.Clear Sky meets Clear Skies (from "Tanks for the Memories") by pinkiespresent
thumb.jpeg

thumb.png

small.png

small.png

small.png

1.Annoyed Wind Sprint by pinkiespresent
2.Pinkie playing buckball by akainu_pony
3.Wind Sprint playing with that fan colt from the start of the episode by unsavorydom
4.[MLP]clear sky by Choyamy on DeviantArt
5.Fly away, Wind Sprint by whiskyice on DeviantArt
small.png

thumb.jpeg

thumb.png

thumb.png

thumb.png

1.MLP FIM - Clear Sky And Wind Sprint by Joakaha on DeviantArt
2.Annoyed Wind Sprint by colorfulcolor233
3.Wind Sprint by Darksly-z on DeviantArt
4.Annoyed Wind Sprint by anti1mozg
5.Clear Sky by LouisLithium on DeviantArt
small.jpeg

thumb.jpeg

thumb.jpeg

thumb.png

thumb.jpeg

1.But i did it. by uotapo on DeviantArt
2.Happy Family(Pic of the week MLPS9E6) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt
3.Mother and Daughter by RaikohIllust on DeviantArt
4.Edit of Wind Sprint saying Quibble can't replace her dad to have The Lego Movie characters react - The footage comes from this "behind the scenes" video.
5.Clear Sky by ObserverDoz on DeviantArt
6.A family for Quibble by GlitterStar2000 on DeviantArt
small.jpeg

small.jpeg

small.jpeg

small.gif

thumb.png

small.png

Comics
1.Wind Sprint shipped with that fan colt from the start of the episode by mightyshockwave
2.Buttball by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

A Bucking Bad Idea by DeusExEquus on DeviantArt
tall.png

Older episode art
1.Derpyhooves sketch by L8Lhh8086 on DeviantArt
2.Derpy crashing in front of Starlight by jowybean
3.Commission: species swap by QueenCold on DeviantArt - Dragon Twilight and Shining Armor, and pony Spike
4.Pinata Pinkie by incubugs / mega-bugsly
5.MLP Fancydash by Rurihal on DeviantArt
thumb.jpeg

small.jpeg

thumb.png

small.png

thumb.png

1.Sparkle Siblings by Andromedasparkz on DeviantArt
2.Winners by FlutterLuv on DeviantArt
3.Lady smolder (fast drawing) by brother-lionheart on DeviantArt
4.Sombra - Long Live The King! by iMioKun on DeviantArt
5.Family Porrtait by thediscorded on DeviantArt
thumb.png

small.jpeg

small.png

small.gif

thumb.png

More comics
1.Ali Woodruff - Annoying Child and Very Tired Grandpa
2.Sombra reacting to Flurry Heart by skoon
medium.png

medium.png

She's All Yak

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
The new episode was one of the better ones this season (aside from the opener I don't think the selection has been great so far) but unfortunately I feel like the episode being centered around my two least-favorite students brought it down a bit for me. I've never been a big fan of Yona or yaks in general, they always felt like the same joke being told over and over: They're loud, proud, and break everything. Yona has a bit more to her then that, but not a lot and not enough for me to really like her all that much. Sandbar isn't really annoying to me, the bigger problem is that he's got very little distinctive qualities when compared to the rest of the group who all are very distinct. This was a big opportunity for them to really help establish Sandbar as his own interesting character, but that's definitely not what happened here. He's not horrible or anything, but he's still pretty uninteresting and doesn't really stand out.

The other big problem with the episode was the premise itself. I feel like we've already seen this premise 2 or 3 times through MLP so far, did we really need another one?

Getting all the bad stuff out of the way first because once you get past those things I think the episode is pretty fun, and probably the best episode of them trying to tackle this trope. The stuff that stuck with me most was all of the interactions with other characters besides Sandbar and Yona. One of the big complaints I had about the previous episode was that I felt like it was fairly unmemorable and that there wasn't very many good gifs or screenshots to remember the episode by, but this one I think had quite a few. Aside from Yona and Sandbar I'm still a very big fan of the students so it's always fun to see them hanging out. As a whole this episode felt like it had a bit more effort put into it from a technical side, there were a couple new expressions and while the song was a bit basic in terms of visuals I thought it was alright. Overall I found the episode to be pretty engaging and fun to watch through the runtime, which was more then I could say for some of the episodes this season.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
She's All Yak
First of all, I'd like to say this episode was a good depiction of completely unintentional racism, and I was particularly glad there wasn't any deliberate pressure on Yona to make her fit in; I was worried Rarity in particular would be thrown under the bus for this. Instead, it came from unintentional pressures like the posters and trophies only having ponies and Yona's own efforts. However, this still continues the theme of the Mane Six not actually being good teachers.

The song was good. It reminds me a lot of "A Kirin's Tale". Similar to "Becoming Popular" back in season 2, it was kind of awkward going from Rarity's talking to singing voice, especially with Rarity going back to talking at one point in the song. Anyway, it's nice having a Yona song.

Well, the blushing makes it official. Sandbar X Yona time.

Overall, decent episode.

EQG - Camping Must-Haves; EQG - Festival Filters
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Really makes you wonder about other temp scores. We know that Gamer Sunset short had Yoshi's Island music.

Some episode GIFs
1.Dancing pones
2.Silverstream face
3.Shipping star
4.Dancing Angel
5.Silverstream eyebrows
thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif

And a great edit
small.png

We got two more EQG shorts on the Discovery Go app. "Camping Must-Haves" is a pretty standard sequence of Applejack acting as the straight man to Rarity's extravagant camping suggestions, but it's pretty peak Rarity. She even mentions body pillows (without any prints >_>)
thumb.gif

The second short, "Festival Filters", is pretty fun, with everyone looking through different photo filters. Including this.
small.png

SMH at G3 SciTwi pony having a ponytail but not G4. BTW, it's interesting that the G3 gag in "Too Many Pinkie Pies" didn't have a disgusted reaction in the actual episode (just the commercial), but there was one in the actual short this time.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Episode followup.

NOTES
Back in "Bridle Gossip", it always felt out of character that everyone would be so prejudicial about Zecora. The casual racism on display in this episode is still distasteful on the part of the characters, but feels much more like something they'd do.

After all, as noted in the chat so long ago, it feels perfectly in character for Fluttershy to tell Spike
376224314329923584.png
Don't worry Spike, you're one of the good ones.

So we have Twilight changing the name of the dance, but still using the term "pony pal" and only using ponies on the posters and trophy. I imagine if asked about the posters and trophy, she'd say she didn't want to single any creature out, since there's only one of each non-pony species. As for "pony pal", she'd probably say she just didn't think about it. And the others all helped Yona without realizing she was feeling pressure to act "pony like".

I've noticed some people say the ending with everyone doing the yak dance didn't make much sense, since Yona didn't ask for yak dances to be included earlier or anything, but the significance is that the ponies were interested in that dance unprompted, helping Yona see that ponies would see worth in her culture without being forced into it.

Speaking of the dance, it included some same sex pairs.
small.png

Wissle @AceWissle
· May 11, 2019

@TheBiggestJim
Howdy Jim can you comment on that?

There were a bunch of same sex dance partners in today's episode: platonic friends dancing or homosexual ponies confirmed? https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2019/5/11/2036538.png

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
Replying to @AceWissle

You can read in to it whatever you like. 😉
3:04 PM - 11 May 2019

And this message was actually about Sugar Belle and Big Mac, but I think it applies to Sandbar and Yona.

Roberta90
‏ @Roberta9020
8h8 hours ago

Why did Big Mac and Maud Pie evolved their love interests naturally while Discord and Fluttershy can't move past the friendzone for years?

Big Jim
‏ @TheBiggestJim
Replying to @Roberta9020 @NicoleDubuc @joshhaber

It's much easier to convince Hasbro to explore romantic relationships with secondary characters than the primary ones. I realize that might be a frustrating answer, but it's the reality of the production.
10:13 AM - 11 May 2019

SCREENSHOTS
I think I got everything in the above GIFs.

FAN CONTENT
First, She's All Yak GIF by agrol
small.gif

And another GIF, Yona the pony (Animated) by Szafir87 on DeviantArt
thumb.gif

There's a lot of Pony Yona art... which is a bit odd when the point of the episode is Yona learning to be comfortable with herself.

1.DJ Scales and Tail by maxter-advance
2.Yak of My Eye by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt
3.Pony Yona by Dusthiel on DeviantArt
4.MLP FIM - Pony Yona by Joakaha on DeviantArt
5.Ponyfied Yona by kimjoman on DeviantArt
small.png

small.png

medium.png

thumb.jpeg

thumb.png

1.Human Rarity in dance dress by melliedraws
2.EQG Yona by punzil504 on DeviantArt
3.My Fair Yak (Pic of the week MLPS9E7) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt
4.Yona is best pony by binkyt11
5.Yona pony now! Friends like? :3 by Julunis14 on DeviantArt - And here's Yona by herself
thumb.png

thumb.png

small.jpeg

thumb.png

thumb.jpeg

1.Pony Yona by DoraeArtDreams-Aspy on DeviantArt
2.Yona is pony now by taaffeiite
3.S9E7 - Yona is Pony Now by luminaura on DeviantArt
4.Stylish yak garb by mightyshockwave
5.Attacc of the FLOOF [Yona x Sandbar] by MusicSketcher329 on DeviantArt
thumb.png

small.png

thumb.png

small.png

thumb.png

1.Yona X Sandbar by ch0c0-latte
2.MLP FIM - Fancy Rarity by Joakaha on DeviantArt
3.Yakified Sandbar by sugar morning
4.Yona and Sandbar - Big yak has big heart | Marik Azemus on Patreon
small.png

thumb.jpeg

small.jpeg

thumb.jpeg

And episode comics
Sad Silverstream by kam - Not actually tied to the episode, but I think it relates to Silverstream eating so much in it
large.png

Student Six #228 by Sintakhra on DeviantArt
large.png

Also art for the new EQG shorts, fewer than I would have thought (even including non-safe art).
1.Run to break free by TylerDashArt on DeviantArt
2.SciTwi by scorpdk
small.jpeg

thumb.jpeg

And art from older episodes. After a seemingly slow start, "Common Ground" ended up getting a lot of fan art after all.
1.Wind Spirit by AutumnVoyage on DeviantArt
2.Clear Sky by Darksly-z on DeviantArt
3.Clear Sky X Quibble Pants by renderpoint
4.Wind Sprint pony by xbi on DeviantArt
5.Father Figure by OinkTweetStudios on DeviantArt
thumb.png

thumb.jpeg

small.jpeg

thumb.jpeg

thumb.png

1.Delivery by PSFMer on DeviantArt
2.Apple petting apple by M3G4-P0N1 on DeviantArt
3.Best siblings ever by Princess-Liliana on DeviantArt
small.png

thumb.png

small.png

This seems like a useful GIF
Thonk by Dsiak on DeviantArt
thumb.gif

And lastly, I somehow forgot to post this comic I made earlier, based on this Nancy comic
medium.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Since it has somehow not come up yet, episodes are airing early in Italian. Use this website to keep track of what's airing where. Use spoiler tags to discuss episodes before they air in the US.

"Frenemies" and "Sweet and Smoky" have aired in Italian already. "Going to Seed" will air tomorrow morning. The remaining episodes in the first half of this season will air next week.

This is a pretty great one. Love Yona bouncing around. Round Trip says in a comment that he was busy last week and he'll get to "Common Ground" later.

Art dump.
"She's All Yak"
1.Big Yak (You Are Beautiful) by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
2.SanbarxYona by dantethehuman on DeviantArt
3.Yona (Pony) And Sandbar by Darksly-z on DeviantArt
4.Dance! by Doodle-Mark on DeviantArt
thumb.jpeg

small.png

small.jpeg

thumb.png

Comics
7 The Chain of Shipping by BJDazzle on DeviantArt
2040713.png

yona the yak by waterz-colrxz on DeviantArt
medium.png

Student Six #231 by Sintakhra on DeviantArt
medium.png

Equestria Girls shorts art
1.SciTwi and Sunset Festival Filters by keeerooooo1
2.Sunset shimmer enjoying the day (EQG SERIES) by TheRETROart88 on DeviantArt
3.New Outfit by Anonix123 on DeviantArt - Sunset
small.jpeg

thumb.png

thumb.jpeg

And older episode art
1.Wind Sprint by sugar morning
2.Clear Sky by Puetsua on DeviantArt
3.The Peanut Ponies (MLP S9C05) by AsajioPie01 on DeviantArt - Twilight, Spike, and Dusty Pages
thumb.png

small.png

small.png

Frenemies
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Just got word in that none of the Discord regulars are particularly interested in posting in this thread anymore (since everyone who would post is already on Discord), so yeah, I guess it'll just be me
449815308899844096.png

Frenemies
This episode was a lot of fun. One good thing about villain-focused episodes in general is that we get to see them just act like jerks without having to learn a lesson about it.

Cozy really is what makes this villain team up work. Tirek and Chrysalis would normally act too similar to each other, but how they act compared to Cozy helps separate them a lot. Plus she's just a fun visual contrast to them.

The song was fun, especially with them fighting over whose song it is.

For being the queen of the changelings, Chrysalis has done oddly little transforming throughout the series, to the point where some theorized she was worse at transforming than Thorax and the like. She really made up for that here. Plus her scaring away that shadow monster was great.

Hey, ox snake things! And nice to see some love draining after so long.

Nice bonding over their hatred of Twilight. And I liked them pulling back from actually becoming friends at the last moment, acting like friendship is an infectious disease.

I wonder what will come of them hiding Grogar's bell from him. At this point it seems clear that Chrysalis, Cozy, and Tirek will make a face turn in the last episodes, but it's hard to tell what Grogar will do.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Just got word in that none of the Discord regulars are particularly interested in posting in this thread anymore (since everyone who would post is already on Discord), so yeah, I guess it'll just be me
449815308899844096.png

I'll still be posting my episode thoughts here, that was just my explanation as to why I haven't been posting as frequently. I'll post an actual response later.

Also just want to say that I told you so about the Discord channel killing discussions in these threads.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

mktoon
‏ @mktoon

Oh and since I saw this come up on a comment chain... the creature that Chrysallis cocooned is an "OPHIOTAURUS" from greek mythology. Part bull Part serpent. #MLPSeason9
9:09 AM - 18 May 2019

Roberta90
‏ @Roberta9020
11h11 hours ago

@mktoon so is Cozy really a kid or and adult like Baby Doll from Batman?

mktoon
‏ @mktoon
Replying to @Roberta9020

Ooooooo. That's an awesome comparison but no, Cozy is all horrible little filly.
2:03 PM - 18 May 2019

There's been some question about this, but Cozy is indeed a filly and not an adult that looks like a kid.

Now something a fan artist pointed out

Yes, that is one of Cozy's actual lines in the song.

And it's a shame I can't embed this, because I'm rather tickled by this video edit.

EQG - How to Backstage
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
First of all, we have a new Equestria Girls short on the Discovery Go app, "How to Backstage". With all these festival themed shorts, I wonder if we are going to get an animated version of that Starswirl Do-Over book. I don't think we've ever gotten new clothes like this without some longer special. Anyway, this short was alright, though once again we get an odd character quality for Sunset that doesn't quite gel with her previous characteristics, with her being super upbeat about the weird parts of her backstage tour and showing more appreciation for the backstage crew than the actual singers.

The missing Nutshell video is here and it's pretty great.

Sprinkle Shrinkle

And Patton Oswalt talks more about "Common Ground"; nothing new, but there are some good jokes.

So this post pointed out something interesting: the log Chrysalis is talking to during the start of the episode is specifically the Evil Twilight Sparkle log from "The Mean 6".
v0UIwZr_BCXXOSlWoOf0iEBsey3oje3GTIaH7tsaryo

qxWrJ4-sDL9e4TgRPvQQ09ImagdTIDEj_CkGve0l0zI

You know, it could be neat if Evil Twilight and maybe the others ended up joining the Grogar Gang. Plus others have pointed out there are shipping implications with this.

And just a bit of the fan art.
1.She's touching me!! by pinkiespresent
2.This is not the real me! by pinkiespresent
3.Grogar by jowybean - Thought that was a cop car at first
4.Discord service by jowybean
5.Twilight imitation by jowybean
6.Villain song by jowybean
small.png

small.png

small.jpeg

small.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I've watched through to "She's all Yak" and so far this is my equivalent to the Game of Thrones final season. I just don't really like any of it save some small moments. Like the heist episode was at least funny if not stupid, but the rest of this has largely been stupid or ground we've covered before.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched through to "She's all Yak" and so far this is my equivalent to the Game of Thrones final season. I just don't really like any of it save some small moments. Like the heist episode was at least funny if not stupid, but the rest of this has largely been stupid or ground we've covered before.
I've enjoyed the rest of the season well enough, but I do recommend you check out "Frenemies". A lot of people consider it the show's best episode in a while.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I've enjoyed the rest of the season well enough, but I do recommend you check out "Frenemies". A lot of people consider it the show's best episode in a while.
I'll second this recommendation. It's the only episode from this season I consider essential viewing. You could skip the rest (including the next few to air) without missing much of anything.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I'll still be posting my episode thoughts here, that was just my explanation as to why I haven't been posting as frequently. I'll post an actual response later.
376224628412121101.png

Episode followup

NOTES
We've had episodes without the Main 6 before, but this is the first episode to not have any of the heroic characters at all.

As for what this episode means for the future, obviously these characters will turn good, but what role will Grogar's bell play? If Grogar just finds the bell before ever confronting Twilight and co., that could result in him turning on the Frenemies, but then that removes the promise of a villain team up. So likely the Grogar Gang does something, getting a minor success, then Grogar finds his bell, fully powers up, then the Frenemies join the heroes. It's also possible that the Frenemies go to the heroes on their own so they can do something with the bell.

SCREENSHOTS
Bunch of stuff from this episode.

No GIF of this on Derpibooru, but rather a WebM that can't be embedded here.
Cozy cooking and eating a marshmallow

1.Chrysalis scaring a shadow monster
2.Still shot from Tirek shaking Cozy Glow
3.Cozy wiggling her legs
4.FRIEEEEEEEEENDS?
5.Cozy melting the snow
6.Cozy mood change
7.Tirek and Chryalis air quotes
small.gif

small.png

small.gif

small.gif

small.gif

small.gif

small.gif

FAN CONTENT
Here's some more from this episode.
1.Chrysalis is a Tsundere by AmarthGul on DeviantArt
2.Stabby Glow by Ravenpuff on DeviantArt
3.Chrysalis X eyes by renderpoint
4.BETTER WAY to be BAD by Neko-Snicker on DeviantArt - Just Cozy
5.Chrysalis getting sucked by Tirek by czu
6.Tirek and Chrysalis - Cozy Glow 3rd wheel by Gregan811 on DeviantArt
medium.png

thumb.jpeg

small.jpeg

thumb.png

medium.png

small.png

Some comics
Do Not Disturb by DeusExEquus on DeviantArt
2047341.png

8 Pappy Grogar's Best Friends Playground Funtime by BJDazzle on DeviantArt
2047269.png

And here's some art from older episodes.
1.Dancing with you by GlitterStar2000 on DeviantArt - Yona and Sandbar
2.You Look So Weird by Strebiskunk on DeviantArt - Silverstream
3.Wanna Dance (MLP S9 EP7) by thegreatrouge on DeviantArt - Anthro Sandbar and Yona
4.Yaks the best at having happy families! by Moonlightfan on DeviantArt - Yona, Sandbar, and OC children
5.1 Character Requests pt3 by Doodle-Mark on DeviantArt - Pony Yona
small.png

thumb.jpeg

small.png

small.jpeg

small.png

1.【my_little_pony】"Yona & Sandbar" / Illustration by "のぞめ" [pixiv]
2.Yakyakistan Stomp by OinkTweetStudios on DeviantArt - Yona and Sandbar
3.Yona Winking by kimjoman on DeviantArt
4.Concerned Yona by kimjoman on DeviantArt
5.Barely Even Friends by toonbat on DeviantArt - Beauty and the Beast Yona and Sandbar
small.png

small.png

thumb.png

thumb.png

small.png

1.Ponyfriend Yona by skyflys on DeviantArt
2.Yona [Pony] by LuxiWind on DeviantArt
3.Wind Sprint -Profile- by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt
thumb.png

thumb.jpeg

small.png

And comic
Changeling Mating Habits by DeusExEquus on DeviantArt
tall.png

Equestria Girls ending; Comic - August 2019 solicitations
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
No Equestria Girls short today, it seems.

Bunch of news. First of all, it seemed like there could be a chance for Equestria Girls to continue after FiM, since it wasn't included in any of the news about FiM ending, but it looks like they will indeed be ending together.

K.Hadley
‏ @isitlunchyet_t

Today is my last day on MLP: Equestria Girls. I'll be writing up my thoughts later today/tonight because it's going to take some time to distill the last 6 years of my life into some sort of coherent statement . Aaaand because I have to do work to do on my new gig.
10:01 AM - 24 May 2019

K.Hadley
‏ @isitlunchyet_t
Replying to @christi77073535

Ishi and I are the directors, not the writers. Ishi is moving to a new project as well. DHX Media the studio we work for is done producing EG for Hasbro as of today.
10:24 AM - 24 May 2019

K.Hadley
‏ @isitlunchyet_t
Replying to @Toon4Thought @christi77073535

I have no idea if Hasbro is ending EG outright. But our (DHX's) time producing the show for them is over. They could be continuing the series or not. I simply don't have any information about that. My time on it is done.
10:40 AM - 24 May 2019

K.Hadley
‏ @isitlunchyet_t

Have to clarify. I don't know what's in store for the future of EG. Hasbro has not made mention if the season we produced is the last one or not. It could be, or it could not be. The only thing I know for certain is that DHX's time making the show for Hasbro has come to an end.
10:43 AM - 24 May 2019

It could be picked up by Boulder Media.

And August 2019 comic solicitations

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #81
Thom Zahler (w & 1:10 RI CVR) • Nicoletta Baldari (a & CVR A) • Sara Richard (CVR B)
STL125636.jpg

It's Foals and Friends Weekend at the Wonderbolts Academy, but after an accident during practice, Rumble finds himself grounded. Good thing General Dauntless is there with a story or two to tell! Including one about the only earth pony who has ever been a member of the Wonderbolts...

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Point

• We head back to the past in this brand-new Pony adventure!

My Little Pony: Feats of Friendship #1 (of 3)
Ian Flynn (w) • Tony Fleecs (a & CVR A) • JustaSuta (CVR B) • Katie O'Neill (1:10 RI CVR)
STL125994.jpg

Come one, come all, to the School of Friendship's very first sporting event-the Feats of Friendship! As Sandbar, Smolder, Gallus, Ocellus, Yona, and Silverstream prepare for the new competition, they realize they're going to need one more pony to round out their team. Enter Swift Foot, a mysterious new exchange student! But will she help strengthen the Young Six's bonds of friendship-or just drive them apart? Jealousy threatens our favorite youngsters in this brand-new miniseries!

Bullet Point
  • Ian Flynn (Sonic the Hedgehog) makes his My Little Pony debut!

That first story looks pretty fun.
I actually haven't read any of Ian Flynn's Sonic stories, but I liked his Mega Man stuff. Nice to see a Student Six miniseries. With a mysterious transfer student
eyes_1f440.png