• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshots from that short.
1.Twilight being a cute
2.Twilight raising her eyebrow (and being a cute)
3.Windswept Rarity by digimonlover101 on DeviantArt - Damn, Rarity has long hair
4.WebM - Rarity confirmed stronger than Discord - Not embedded
1947893.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Art dump. First, an important comic by tjpones.
medium.png

1.Grab-A-Corn by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - Trixie, Sunburst, and Starlight
2.Sparkly by AutumnVoyage on DeviantArt - Trixie
3.Limestone Shake by Ikarooz on DeviantArt
4.Sunset cruise clothes by keeerooooo1
5.Bunch of Sunsets by keeerooooo1
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.gif

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

All of these are by keeerooooo1
1.Sunset and SciTwi
2.Yankee Sunset (actually sick)
3.Anthro Twilight and Pinkie - No translation yet
4.EQG Pony Twilight and Starlight
5.EQG "Pinkie on the One" Rainbow covered in glitter from Pinkie
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Woona by ShadowReindeer on DeviantArt - Luna
2.Reining Them In by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - Flurry Heart and Sunburst
3.FiM: Fabulous Sparkle by AlexCroft1991 on DeviantArt - Older figurine of Twilight in her "Castle Sweet Castle" hair, though I've only seen it now
4.Twilight laying down by tingsan
5.Rarity by CigarsCigarettes on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Darkside by Miokomata on DeviantArt - Scary Fluttershy
2.Mane Six by toooki24
3.【マイリトルポニー】「Mermaid Rarity」/「Hoxi」のイラスト [pixiv]
4.Pom and a dog by esmeia
5.Autumn Blaze by mirroredsea on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1947024.png

medium.png

1.Slow Paced by AutumnVoyage on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
2.Rarity by clockworkquartet
3.Sunset cheering for you GIF by typhwosion
4.Twilight by Holivi on DeviantArt - Anthro
5.Bad twilly by Holivi on DeviantArt - Anthro Twilight
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.gif

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.practice by saxopi on DeviantArt - Twilight
2.Smolder by RacoonKun on DeviantArt - Human
3.Flatti by DianaMur on DeviantArt - G5 Fluttershy
4.Rainbow X Fluttershy by pinkablue
5.Twilight by Holivi on DeviantArt (not the one above) - Anthro
medium.png

medium.jpeg

1948071.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream announcements.

On Friday, we'll be checking out two episodes of a currently airing comedy anime that I've found charming, Kaguya-sama: Love is War. The premise is that these two high schoolers are super into each other, but they both believe confessing their love would be LOSING, so they play mind games to get the other to confess. Meanwhile, a Pinkie-like girl throws their contests into chaos. I don't expect to watch this consistently, and it's episodic (so far), which is why I'm fine with skipping episode 2.
1. Kaguya-sama: Love is War - 1
2. Kaguya-sama: Love is War - 3
3. Haruhi - Remote Island Syndrome parts 1-2

On Sunday, for the Super Bowl, we're moving the stream a full four hours earlier, to 11:30 AM PT. And to tie into the season, we're watching a SUPER movie... of the Super prequel, Dragon Ball: Battle of the Gods, on request. After that, we have some The Promised Neverland to catch up on. I found episode 4 to be better than episode 3, so I'm back to fine with showing this.
1. Dragon Ball: Battle of the Gods
2. The Promised Neverland - 3-4
3. Kaleido Star - 8

~~~

Hey, missed this before, but one piece of older Pony fanfiction was published as an original story.
What I've Become by Knight Breeze
Has become What I've Become (The Humanity Within Book 1) (Amazon link), still by Knight Breeze

Customer reviews seem good, but I'm not sure how lenient these Amazon reviews would be.

I read a story earlier called The First Stitch by Carabas, depicting Rarity getting sent back in time to before the first Hearth's Warming, where she meets Clover and Princess Platinum. Here's the review I posted.
Just got around to reading this, and I liked it. I enjoyed Rarity's characterization, with her finding a small way to comfort the suffering unicorns around her at her expense. This was also an interesting portrayal of Clover and Platinum.

New chapter of The Enchanted Library: Sidestories by Monochromatic, and here's my review.
I don't have much to say about the story content, since this is mainly teasing for the future, but more Rarity narration is always nice.

~~~

The Japanese release of the MLP Movie Prequel comics includes much more than that.

71jR46yHAvL.jpg

It turns out it also includes main series issues #67 and #68, "The Return of Tempest Shadow", which ED notes is the first time they've been published outside of English. Come to think of it, this will be the first appearance of Flurry Heart in Japan.

But what's most shocking is that this apparently includes an original Japanese prequel comic showing what the Mane Six were up to right before the events of the Movie. Unfortunately, ED doesn't provide any more information, and the tweet they link doesn't actually give any details.

Some GIFs from the Rarity short.
I'm surprised they put so much detail into Twilight's hair
small.gif

Rarity's long as hell flowing hair
small.gif

Nice animatic

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
The Trixie one is very short, and the only real point is that I guess SciTwi is helping her with her act now? I feel like the story that lead to that happening would have been much more interesting then what we had gotten, especially since the two characters never got along in the show. There's really just not much else to it besides that, no real jokes or anything.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was weird. It seemed more like the pre-credits sequence of an episode about SciTwi becoming Trixie's assistant than anything. I was hoping for stuff more like this classic video, with Trixie freaking people out with demon magic.

As is, the most interesting part is that we have humanized versions of some of the CMC's classmates, including that hedgehog CM filly... and they all look much younger than the Dougworld CMC. Dougworld! (shakes fist)

EDIT: Oh, it turns out the leaked version is much longer.

What we got is only the last third. The first two parts involve Trixie trying to perform magic with Pinkie and messing up. First a "pick a card" trick fails, and then Trixie makes a cupcake disappear by eating it. Pinkie demands it back. There is also a part at the end where Pinkie demands her cupcake back again while floating with SciTwi's magic.

As for why it was cut down, apparently Hasbro told them that the shorts had to be two minutes or less after the animatic was made, and the best way to do that here was to cut it down to one minute.

K.Hadley
@isitlunchyet_t
Hasbro made the decision to shorten this one, as is their privilege. The mandate as far as I understand was to make these no longer than 2 mins. If we ran under it was still approved. I'm contracted to make these per their specifications.

K.Hadley
@isitlunchyet_t
It has to do with research on what kind/what length of content is viewed and how on Youtube. I can't go into specifics, because I don't have any. I'm 0% knowledgeable on the subject. And it doesn't suck, its part of the job. I've always worked within strict time frames.

Were the previous ones shorter than two minutes? That doesn't sound right.

Last edited:
2-1-19 Kaguya-sama stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Friday stream followup. We watched the following.
1. Kaguya-sama: Love is War - 1
2. Kaguya-sama: Love is War - 3
3. Haruhi - Remote Island Syndrome parts 1-2

Kaguya-sama was pretty well received, but I got the impression people were already finding it repetitive. I think I will show some episodes later, but it's episodic, so it will be fine to show select episodes.

The Haruhi story was good, and seemed to be the best received episode set so far. I had forgotten a lot of the particulars. I had heard about how the explanation scene used poses from Ace Attorney, but I had watched this show before playing those games, so I didn't pay much heed. Watching it now, yeah, it's an exact match.

But the bigger news is that Chained finally figured out his Internet problems, or rather got a workaround working, so he was able to join in.

We had no RP today, and not next week either.
unknown.png

~~~

About that EQG Trixie short, here's the chat we had.
SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:16 PM

Were the previous ones shorter than two minutes? That doesn't sound right.

ScizYesterday at 1:21 PM

this is the only one I can think of to be cut down so much

I think I can see why, too, watching the animatic. Forgotten Friendship did enough to develop EG Trixie that portraying her as completely hopeless at this point feels like a step back.

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:27 PM

It does come at the expense of removing any semblance of humor from the short, though.(edited)

SylveeYesterday at 1:28 PM

Also the old short explains why SciTwi would be willing to intervene and save her act, rather then it just sort of coming out of left field and isn't really explained

ScizYesterday at 1:30 PM

oh, what's left of it definitely feels off, but it's at least not completely incoherent, which is good enough for what they're doing

"Trixie is actually bad at magic" is a well they've already tapped pretty dry, and it really should've had a different direction from the beginning

SylveeYesterday at 1:31 PM

IDK, the original was more coherent but I don't think either version would have been particularly great. The original also dragged on for a bit too long as well

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:33 PM

It was just a quirk of the animatic, I suppose, but when it showed Pinkie with the cupcake and the cupcake kept changing, I thought they were having Pinkie do tricks while Trixie wasn't looking, which would have been a cute gag.

ScizYesterday at 1:33 PM

it's short and not funny instead of long and not funny, but at least like this it comes off as a little character moment where Twilight intervenes where she doesn't need to just to add a little razzle dazzle to a show that Trixie already had a handle on, instead of her stepping in to save Spike's neck from a desperate bid at saving face(edited)

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:34 PM

And yeah, like I said in the thread, the Trixie short should have been like that classic David Blaine parody video where he's using demon magic on two unlucky guys.

ScizYesterday at 1:34 PM

gaslighting Snips and Snails would've been easy

should've done that, sure

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:34 PM

Like Trixie's tricks work, but she's a nuisance that maybe makes people question reality.

Yeah, Snips and Snails going, "Oh, I'm freaking out, man!" to simple tricks would have been good too.

Like the main appeal of street magic videos in the first place is the audience reactions.

Have Trixie go
377347619523002368.png
into the camera every once in a while, and you're gold

https://mobile.twitter.com/isitlunchyet_t/status/1091439240724893696

I guess mobile links aren't embedded

https://twitter.com/isitlunchyet_t/status/1091439240724893696(edited)

K.Hadley (@isitlunchyet_t)
@SeanRuleZ7 @kuco288 No. We only animated what you see on YouTube. The extra content was cut at animatic.
Twitter

Some people were guessing the full version would appear later, but nope.

CappyYesterday at 1:43 PM

someone will do it

that is to say, animate the rest >_>

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:44 PM

Hmm, probably. Someone did animate the full "More That's Out There", but then again, I don't think the other Friendship Games deleted scenes were.

K.Hadley (@isitlunchyet_t)
@SeanRuleZ7 @kuco288 No. We only animated what you see on YouTube. The extra content was cut at animatic.

Bit of news that was in that chat.

Looking on Derpibooru, I was surprised to see that there were more images of this one-minute long Trixie short than the Rarity short from earlier this week. Part of this is because people had been drawing fan art since over a year ago, based on the leak. I'm sure I posted some of these before, not realizing the context. Heck, I didn't even realize any shorts leaked besides the Sunset gamer short.

1.Trixie by khuzang
2.Trixie by rockset
3.Magic Trixie! (Street Magic with Trixie) by charlieXe on DeviantArt
4.The Great and Powerful by Holivi on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Even disregarding that, there's more post-official-release art than for the Rarity short.
1.Not art, but here's a screenshot of a new background human
2.We Could Be Related by twilite-sparkleplz on DeviantArt - OC greeting that background human since they resemble each other
3.Trixie by keeerooooo1
4.Sunset and SciTwi by keeerooooo1
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

~~~

Based on a running idea from the chat that I started, I commissioned this art, and it's great.
Tokusatsu Sunny Flare
large.jpeg

I knew those arm thingies did something!

~~~

Art dump.
1.Alicorn Sunset and Twilight by dragbax
2.awwwwwwwwww by Yanamosuda on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
3.Pear Butter by bushbuck93 on DeviantArt
4.BFF (Windy Whistles and Mrs. Shy). by Heera29 on DeviantArt
5.Rarity with Fluttershy dressed as a reindeer, with Lyra and Bon Bon by an unknown artist (the listed artist is a re-uploader)
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Anthro Fluttershy by hiccupsdoesart
2.Human Applejack X Rainbow wedding by signiroha
3.Half Kingdom by GjschoolArt on DeviantArt - Centaur Celestia and Twilight (in the crowd). This is interesting because the artist doesn't usually do MLP stuff, and this isn't labeled as such, but that's clearly Celestia and Twilight.
4.Tuna Doodle 30.01.2019 by Amarynceus on DeviantArt - Twilight X Luna
5.Twilight Bad by ShadowReindeer on DeviantArt - Anthro
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Rainbow Birthaversary (Pinkie Pride) by sugar morning
2.Twilight Pikachu by muchu
3.Fluttershy Pikachu by muchu
4.Rarity Pikachu by muchu
5.GIF of Sunburst with bunny ears and Starlight with alicorn wings by agrol
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.gif

1.Derpy Vector 01 - You Got Mail! by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
2.Gabby by tyuubatu on DeviantArt
3.AppleJack Cordie costume - Cliffside by PyroPk on DeviantArt
4.Pigtail Twilight by colorfulcolor233
5.Pigtail Rainbow by colorfulcolor233
6.Pigtail Pinkie by colorfulcolor233
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

I usually don't post these Top N videos, but this is for all of 2018, so might as well.

I also usually don't post these Everything Wrong With videos, but there's something really weird that got pointed out. At 4 minutes 22 seconds.

As part of the crowd, Apple Bloom shouts, "That's my sister!" and Sweetie Belle responds, "No, mine!" At first I thought this was reused dialogue from "Sisterhooves Social", but no, it isn't from there! Maybe it's unused dialogue from there? It's weird.

2-3-19 Dragon Ball stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Sunday stream followup, we watched the following.

*. Dragon Ball OPs
*.My Little Hikawa - Genkai Toppa × Flawless {DB-Super X MLP Mashup} - YouTube
*.Goku vs Twilight Trailer - YouTube
1. Dragon Ball: Battle of the Gods
*.Twilight vs Sombra Teaser - YouTube
*.The Promised Neverland - One Minute Neverland #1 - YouTube
*.One Minute Neverland #2 | The Promised Neverland - YouTube
2. The Promised Neverland - 3-4
*.[PMV] Dragon Ball Z Opening - YouTube
*.Pony Ball KAI | Opening - YouTube
*.Dragon Ball Z Re-enacted by Ponies - YouTube

We had someone who hadn't seen any Dragon Ball, and he was able to follow the movie well enough. It was enjoyable.

For The Promised Neverland, we had someone who hadn't seen the first two episodes but still chose to stick around. I included some fun official recap videos that make the series seem lighthearted, and after the exchange of "All you need to know is they eat babies" "Who's they?" "THEY", they were all caught up to speed. Here's the post I made in the anime thread for The Promised Neverland.
Just watched episodes 3 and 4 with a group (having been unable to watch episode 3 with them last week), and they seemed to really enjoy it. Ray being the traitor especially got a big, "Oh shit!" reaction; they were assuming both Don and Gilda were traitors. Granted, I did mention the issues with episode 3 the previous week, so that could have affected what they found acceptable.

Watching episode 4 again, I thought they did a pretty great job with Norman clearly suspecting Ray, but being unsure what to do about it until he talked to Emma.

EDIT: Also, I checked manga chapters 10-12, which this episode adapted (the first part of chapter 10 being the ending of episode 3), and it's a pretty close adaptation, even including some adaptation choices I liked, such as condensing the scene of talking to Don and Gilda with Norman telling Ray about the ropes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, one person in the group watch hadn't actually watched episodes 1-2, and they still dug episodes 3-4.

After that, I unfortunately wasn't able to get Super Gals episode 31 working.

Due to me attending a wedding (not mine), I won't be able to run either of the next two streams. Hopefully I'll be able to catch bits of whatever gets run.

Art dump.
1.DATE by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Sunset X SciTwi
2.Octavia by Holivi on DeviantArt - Anthro
3.Sailing Through the Snow by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Fluttershy X Discord
4.Human Twilight and Starlight by twilightglimmer
5.Human Trixie and Starlight by twilightglimmer
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Human PonyTwi having a hard time writing by tastyrainbow
2.YONA NO by kam
3.Fluttershy Vector 27 - Relaxing by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
4.Twilight with a flower in her hair by tingsan
5.Starlight Glimmer x Mercy by Avonir on DeviantArt - Cosplay, not shipping
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Sunset carrying Sunset by katakiuchi4u
2.Mc by DreamSugar on DeviantArt - "Don't Mine at Night" art with Sweetie Belle and Button Mash
3.Rarity by tyuubatu on DeviantArt
4.Tempest tired by ShadowReindeer on DeviantArt
5.S Glimmer by tiffanymarsou on DeviantArt - Starlight
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Random Question by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Rainbow
2.You say you gonna teach me... by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Rainbow and Scootaloo
3.Pear Butter and Bright Mac by INowISeeI on DeviantArt
4.Another Hayburger by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Pinkie
5.Stars by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Luna
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Dashie x Twi - Collab [Comm Reward] by Darksly-z on DeviantArt
2.Sweetie Plushie by thediscorded on DeviantArt - Apple Bloom
3.Rarara ra by PosionJoke on DeviantArt - Rarity
4.Beauty and Ferocity by Allionii-Azy on DeviantArt - Mistmane
5.My Rarity Redesign by 12irinchan on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.EQG Trixie and Starlight on a broom by keeerooooo1
2.Sunburst again by TehShockwave on DeviantArt
3.Ocellus by puppies4lana
4.MLP - Loving StarTrix by Rosey-Raven on DeviantArt - Starlight X Trixie
5.MLP:YL - Flurry Onward by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Also Sunburst
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

Neat "Bad Apple" based animation and song

Original StarTrix song

Music box version of "I'll Fly"

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Anothe official pony short up.

One part brings me back to the old Looney Tunes short, Duck Amuck. Pretty decent short.

Wow, they really went all-out wacky with this. I'm impressed, especially compared to the pretty mundane Best Gift Ever shorts.
At first I thought Twilight's swollen horn would be the extent of the body horror, but then...
376223189249949696.png

Disappointed that Rarity handed off Baby Twilight to Spike instead of taking care of her herself.
Also, it feels like it's been a long long time since we've had Twilight's magic go out of control.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that sick Twilight short already has more views than the EQG Trixie short. 123K vs. 106K. And the Rarity mane short has 260K views, which is more than the Pinkie baking short's 160K. I just assumed EQG shorts would get more views, since that's the general trend I've noticed before. Plus, these Pony shorts have been over three minutes long, when Hadley's tweets above mentioned that she was told to make the EQG shorts shorter to improve viewing metrics.

Looking at "Rarity's Biggest Fan", they're only translating it into Polish, French, and Latin American Spanish. In contrast, the EQG shorts are being translated into several more languages. I wonder what's with that.

Art dump.
1.Autumn Blaze and Gabby by dstears
2.Casual Dazzles by AmazingPuffhair on DeviantArt - Dazzlings
3.Sonata kicking Aria GIF by edyammies
4.EQG Sunset and Starlight by nene
5.Princess Luna by Puetsua on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

1952401.gif

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Rarity by Puetsua on DeviantArt
2.Twilight Sparkle by Puetsua on DeviantArt
3.Twilight and Rainbow in ice cream by tn_6_30
4.Applejack redesign by Marbola on DeviantArt
5.Pinkie Pie redesign by Marbola on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.MLP: Crying Like A Fool by riukime on DeviantArt - Twilight, scene from "School Daze"
2.Rarity by Jun1313 on DeviantArt
3.Princess Luna 2 3 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
4.Starlight ^^ by FalafelJake on DeviantArt
5.practicesparkle by saxopi on DeviantArt - Twilight
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Holiday with Rarity and Fluttershy ! by SarAlieng on DeviantArt
2.How To Train Your Moth by 28GoodDays on DeviantArt - Applejack
3.Ember by AlexBlueBird on DeviantArt
4.Fluttershy by Shizzli on DeviantArt - Anthro
5.RPG Sunset Shimmer by Sunsettide on DeviantArt - Human
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

At this point, I started seeing a lot of new artists that appeared to be unknown to the US community.
1.RPG Twilight Sparkle by Sunsettide on DeviantArt - Human
2.Happy Chinese New Year! by Jeremywithlove on DeviantArt - Mane Six, Sunset, Starlight
3.Guilty Pleasure by JellyNut on DeviantArt - Smolder and Spike
4.Mama by JellyNut on DeviantArt - Buttercup and Granny Smith
5.EQG Twilight by 麻尾
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.EQG Rarity by 麻尾
2.EQG Fluttershy by 麻尾
3.Twilight X Starlight by tbcw
4.Human Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow by imoe_shichee
5.Human Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Applejack by imoe_shichee
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Human Sunset by adamarc1
2.Human Fluttershy by 瑞博
3.EQG Applejack and Fluttershy by 瑞博
4.Human Wonderbolts Twilight by 瑞博
5.Human Rarity by xxiee
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Human Rarity in kimono by xxiee
2.Mane Six by xxiee
3.Rainbow by 小huhu狸君呀
4.Fluttershy by 小huhu狸君呀
5.Human Fluttershy by 喵小菌瞳盐
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Human Sunset by 君茶
2.Bunch of ponies by imoe_shichee
3.MLP:YL - Hippogriff of the Friendship Guards by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Silverstream's father, I think
4.We're Just Friends by sirSkipper on DeviantArt - Eris from the comics, Discord, Fluttershy, and the CMC
5.Fluttercord week, Day 6 by sirSkipper on DeviantArt - Fluttershy X Discord
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Autumn Blaze Chinese New Year by luciferamon
2.Amber Ember by Alumx on DeviantArt
3.Rainbow Dashie by pridark on DeviantArt
4.Commission 0047 by Dormin-Kanna on DeviantArt - Fluttershy and Pinkie with Angel
5.What are you looking at? by Aureai on DeviantArt - Limestone
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Sunset with flower by katakiuchi4u
2.Sunburst by fireflytwinkletoes on DeviantArt - Plushie
3.Mlp Autumn Blaze handmade plush by Egalgay on DeviantArt - Plushie Autumn Blaze
4.Cute trio by SelestLight on DeviantArt - CG CMC
5.I'm late 0_0 by SelestLight on DeviantArt - CG Vinyl and Octavia
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Natural Charm by CalvinLaudrensio on DeviantArt - CG Autumn Blaze
2.Hello - Sweet Leaf (EQG background human) by the-butch-x
3.Hello - Scribble Dee (EQG background human) by the-butch-x
4.EQG Ponytail Rainbow by rosemile mulberry
5.Starlight with staff by poponkaponpon
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Nightmare by Marbola on DeviantArt - Discord X Fluttershy with child, the title refers to the child waking up from a nightmare
2.FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - EQG Mane Six
3.Student Six #165 by Sintakhra on DeviantArt - Yona
4.Fluttershy and Rainbow alternate hairstyles by kebchach
5.Coco Pommel Vector 13 - Smile by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Pink Glowing Angry Lady Unicorn [SHIRT IS BACK] by nothing111111 on DeviantArt - Oleander
2.Happy new year by Kaliner123 on DeviantArt - Mane Six, Starlight, and Spike
3.Drainbow by DocWario on DeviantArt - Rainbow
4.Is pig year by aem97 on DeviantArt - Apple Bloom
5.practicepie by saxopi on DeviantArt - Pinkie
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Cadence in the Spring by viwrastupr on DeviantArt
2.Celestial Summer by viwrastupr on DeviantArt - Celestia
3.Luna in the winter. by viwrastupr on DeviantArt
4.Letting it rain by viwrastupr on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze
5.Happy Chinese New Year by Radiantian on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Decorate with ur horse by lilfunkman - Rarity X Twilight
2.Circles by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Pinkie
3.[ANIMATION YCH] Happy Valentines Day! by BrutalWeather on DeviantArt - Neat "your character here" animation
4.And an example of that by BrutalWeather
medium.png

medium.png

small.gif

small.gif

Final animatic for the Count of Monte Cristo musical, concluding a series that's been going on for a while.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
medium.jpeg

You know... the spell.
This is a reissue of a 2013 book called Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell. I have no clue why they changed the title, especially to... this.

A new Equestria Girls book just released, You Choose the Ending: Starswirl Do-Over, about Sunset getting stuck in a time loop on the day of the Starswirl Music Festival. It's a choose your own adventure book, and there are signs that this is an adaptation of a future Equestria Girls animated special of some kind. It doesn't seem like anyone's fully read it yet. Some details are coming in, but I'll wait until we get a clearer picture before covering it. Or, you know, someone else could do that.

Also, I have been posting comments on episodes of Miraculous (Ladybug) in the chat. I suppose I'll post them here too. We watched the season finale earlier as part of a stream, and I posted my thoughts on those in my stream followup post. Here, I'm starting from episode one.
SigmasonicX01/28/2019

Jeez, the first Miraculous episode is a way worse "first episode" than the season finale.

And jeez, there's a girl named Stormy Weather who wants to be a weather girl. This is secretly MLP.

Cappy01/28/2019

yeah it basically starts like an established episode of a thing

SigmasonicX01/29/2019

Miraculous episode 2:
* Lots of shy girls in this show, huh?
* Adrian's father being Hawk Moth is somehow more obvious here than in the season finale.
* Jeez, all these villains have broken powers, and it's only the second episodes.
* I like how everyone is like "sure there's this supervillain here, but maybe I can use this"

Cappy01/29/2019

I'm gonna need the villain name to identify these episodes

SigmasonicX01/29/2019

Bubbler, made from Adrian's bro-y friend

Used bubbles to capture every adult in Paris

Then held a birthday party for Adrian where everyone awkwardly danced, and Ladybug used up her power to stop the bully girl from kissing him

Cappy01/29/2019

Yeah I remember

Bubbling the parents because of Adrian's dad

UberTag01/29/2019

These plot descriptions aren't enticing me to want to watch more of this.

SigmasonicX01/29/2019

It's dumb fun

The way Ladybug stops the kiss is she uses up her powers to create a record and swaps out the slow dance music with more energetic music

By throwing the record at the right angle

You know, Hawk Moth grants powers based on whatever the person has on hand. I'm waiting for him to go, "Because of your lollipop, you shall be the Candyman." And the guy goes, "Actually, I'm a kendo master, so if you want, I can just get..."

SigmasonicXLast Thursday at 7:34 AM

Miraculous - "Lady Wifi"
* Alya: Jeez, my friend Marinette keeps disappearing. Ladybug must be Chloe, who has a ladybug purse and left school seconds before Ladybug stopped a crime a decent distance from school. I'm so sure of this I'll COMMIT A CRIME.
* This raises questions about how French school works.
* Lady Wifi (made from Alya) is a nice design, and her powers are neat.
* Jeez, they somehow always end up near the Eifel Tower.
* It is nice that Ladybug used her powers to fix the phone, cell tower, and kitchen. I didn't think they would address that.
* "No one must know who we are." Not even me.
* Fixed Alya's phone, she gets a new phone anyway.

CappyLast Thursday at 7:41 AM

lady weefee is v good

SigmasonicXLast Thursday at 7:57 AM

That's the French pronunciation?

CappyLast Thursday at 7:58 AM

yeah

UberTagLast Thursday at 7:58 AM

376225181183508480.png
You were supposed to say, "Oui!"

CappyLast Thursday at 7:59 AM

TrixiePsyduck.png

zut alors!

CappyLast Thursday at 8:08 AM

Alya's good in general, super fun character

SigmasonicXLast Thursday at 8:10 AM

She's a nice friend character

CappyLast Thursday at 8:14 AM

she's like Rick Jones

SigmasonicXLast Thursday at 8:53 AM

For some reason, I feel like the Miraculous theme needs a rap segment

SigmasonicXLast Friday at 7:17 AM

Miraculous - "The Pharaoh"
* Or The Pharaon, I suppose.
* Ah yes, the Louvre, always so empty.
* "My precious Nefertiti will come back to life." OK, didn't expect that motivation for him.
* Wait, bubbles? That freeze people in time? I didn't expect repeated/combined villain gimmicks already. Though I suppose this episode is actually supposed to be before "Lady Wifi", so the latter repeated this.
* LOL that hieroglyphic showing a woman swinging the Ladybug locket.
* Marinette's giggle after Alya couldn't find the textbook was cute.

SigmasonicXYesterday at 7:14 AM

* Oh shit, this is a Rarity episode. "Rarity Takes Manehattan", in particular.
* This pigeon man is creepy.
* "You're banned from every park in Paris" not because of the pigeon feeding, but for other reasons.
* Didn't think the Silver Spoon to Chloe's Diamond Tiara would be so willing to steal.
* Marinette, pretty sure a random pigeon feather off the ground has a high likelihood of parasites.
* "Pigeons have taken over Paris"
* Cryon: "Rrooo Rolooo !"
* The pigeons forming airplanes is cute.
* Ah, pigeon poop joke.
* Cat Noir getting a hotel room and ordering room service to handle un-transforming is cute. Though shouldn't Ladybug be running out too?
* Pigeon boxing gloves!
* Huh, only a few minutes left for the derby hat copying.
* Wait, why would Chloe copy Marinette's signature on the hat? Was that even on the drawing?
* "Hmm, Adrian is allergic to feathers just like Cat Noir and has the same sneeze... must be a coincidence."

Whoops, skipped an episode by accident due to clicking on its link earlier. RIP me.

CappyYesterday at 7:51 AM

you'll lose the plotline
376223681237483522.png

SigmasonicXToday at 11:03 AM

Miraculous - Timebreaker
* I wonder if that girl with pink hair that stands out from everyone else will be important to this episode.
* Ancient Hologram Watch.
* Marinette abusing powers to be in two places v_v
* "My neck is bigger than your thigh" Hey, don't point out the character design oddities!
* Passing around the watch. Sheesh, does no one have pockets?
* Hawk Moth: "Yes, I was just waiting for your watch to break!"
* "I'm going to go back in time to fix my watch!" Good motivation.
* Timebreaker's powers are to erase people from existence on contact and use their energy to charge eventual time travel. Also skates. That first power is pretty crazy on its own, but she also kind of sucks, so it balances out.
* Sheesh, taking advantage of a girl coming to help her up.
* Oh damn, Cat Noir erased from existence.
* Huh, going back in time already, halfway through the episode.
* Oh damn, we really are doing this, with multiple Timebreakers.
* Surprised Ladybug would just send her past self away to take care of the cake.
* That makes three different Ladybug transformations this episode.
* LOL at Cat Noir smiling at seeing two Ladybugs.
* Ah, so the two lucky charms did produce two different items.
* Huh, so defeating Timebreaker killed the time doubles too. RIP Ladybug.
* I like the "things worked out" epilogue music.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Chinese New Year by iojknmiojknm on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

Two new chapters of Crimson Lips came out, and they were good ones. My reviews.
Holy crap, that was an intense chapter. Then a sweet chapter. Then... you know. Very well done.

~~~

Well, that went better than I would have thought. Glad to see Twilight decided to confront Rarity with this, instead of Twilight finding out by coming across a performance from Rarity like an earlier chapter seemed to imply. Also glad that this was released with the previous chapter. And also also glad that I chose to go to the new chapters by clicking the main story page instead of the first listed chapter in my notifications.

unknown.png

I'm curious to see where the story goes from here. Much of the tension in the story so far was based on Rarity not wanting to reveal her secret, and now that that's gone, and Twilight is willing to see her workplace, will the tension largely come from Celestia? And what of the implications that this all ends in tragedy? Hopefully no sudden illnesses.

Great story! While it will be sad to go a month or two or three without new chapters, it's worth the wait.

Equestria Girls: Spring Breakdown airs March 30
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Equestria Girls: Spring Breakdown airs March 30

It's Spring Break and the Mane 7 are about to board the most glorious yacht ever for a relaxing cruise. But Rainbow Dash is convinced that Equestrian Magic is on the loose and won't let anyone rest until she finds it! This leads to disaster on the high seas, a trip to Ponyville, and the ultimate discovery that Equestrian Magic related to the Storm King has seeped into their world and is threatening everyone on board the yacht!

That's later than I expected. So season 9 won't start until April at earliest?

About the story, I remain concerned that we won't actually get much pony stuff. Despite ED's article title, this is just a 44 minute special. The Storm King's involvement was hinted at before from previews, but now it's confirmed. I wonder how that works.

EQG Book - Starswirl Do-Over

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
There's a new book out called "The Starswirl Do-Over" which is a CYOA book about the gang going to a music festival featuring a pop duo that Sunset and Pinkie really want to see. Here's the blurb:

In this interactive book based on all-new Equestria Girls digital content, YOU control the ending!

All the Equestria Girls are excited to be at the Starswirl Music Festival, but no one is more excited to see PostCrush, the most amazing pop duo ever, than Sunset Shimmer and Pinkie Pie! The only problem is…Sunset Shimmer is trapped in a time loop! She keeps reliving day one of the festival over and over, and she hasn't been able to make the right decisions to get to the big show. Help Sunset Shimmer find a way to figure out what kind of Equestrian magic is behind this and make it to the PostCrush concert with her best friend so she doesn't stay stuck forever!

Normally these books aren't too interesting as there's been tons of books for the mainline series that are technically canon but are never brought up in the show. However many of these EQG books have been made into specials, and this one seems like a likely candidate to be turned into one as well so it's worth checking out. I've read through probably around 75% of the book, so if you're curious about the plot for an upcoming special here's some spoilers:

The group wakes up on the first day of the event, with Sunset trying to figure out what to do before the big PostCrush concert in the evening. She tries one of the events and Pinkie tags along, but ultimately screws things up and causes them both to miss the concert. Sunset gets really mad at her and wishes that she could do the day over again. To her surprise she wakes up and finds out that it's still the first day. She tries several ways to fix things such as trying to stay up and never fall asleep, (which results in her meeting some total dreamboat guy and falling in love with him, only to return to the previous day anyway) trying to escape the festival by car only to find out that each time she always gets a flat tire, trying to get the whole thing cancelled which breaks the time stream, breaking the device that was causing the loop which causes the day to repeat forever, or trying to join PostCrush only to be terrible and get rejected every day. The canon ending happens when the gang realizes that the Dazzlings are performing at the festival. Sunset talks to them backstage and discovers that not only are they not actually responsible for the loop, but they don't even know it's going on. (Sunset is the only one that knows for some reason) Talking to them causes her to realize that friendship is magic and she should do what Pinkie wants to do instead. So she starts the day over again and everything is amazing. They eventually score some backstage passes with PostCrush and discover that they have the time loop device, which causes them to be imprisoned in the band's trailer. Pinkie breaks them out with her explosive sugar and they confront the group again. They explain that it's a big event for them and want the event to be perfect and have been repeating the event to get it right. Sunset explains that the fans just want to see them perform and that it doesn't have to be perfect. The loop ends and the duo perform with Sunset and Pinkie accompanying them

So the juicy stuff is that the Dazzlings return, Sunset totally finds a boyfriend, and Rarity has an RV

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Pre-stream showing @ 3:30-3:45pm Eastern or thereabouts...
1. The Promised Neverland Episode 5

Sunday stream schedule, back in its regular 6:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Pacific timeslot this week, will feature the following...
1. 2018's Academy Award-nominated Animated Shorts
2. Equestria Girls: Forgotten Friendship Shorts (all 9 of these fun, beach-themed shorts)
3. Equestria Girls: Forgotten Friendship

Willing to throw on some Valentine's Day-themed Simpsons episodes at the end if there's interest but I suspect folks will be tuckered out and looking to call it quits at that point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
[...] or trying to join PostCrush only to be terrible and get rejected every day. [...] They eventually score some backstage passes with PostCrush and discover that they have the time loop device, which causes them to be imprisoned in the band's trailer. Pinkie breaks them out with her explosive sugar and they confront the group again. They explain that it's a big event for them and want the event to be perfect and have been repeating the event to get it right. Sunset explains that the fans just want to see them perform and that it doesn't have to be perfect. The loop ends and the duo perform with Sunset and Pinkie accompanying them

Wait...
So one possibility for the loop is Sunset trying to join PostCrush multiple times, and PostCrush themselves are the source of the loop. How did PostCrush not notice that someone else was acting differently in the loops, then?

Well, I suppose that's normal for CYOA stories, where one path just makes no sense given the true one. And that's even been true of previous EQG CYOA shorts, particularly the Sunset driving one where the car only breaks down if Applejack taught her how to fix it.

About the Sunset hooking up with a totally hot guy stuff, I could understand why they're pushing Twilight into straight romances, but it's pretty weird that they're doing this with Sunset too now. They generally avoided any hint of romance outside of Twilight and Rarity (not with each other, unfortunately). Plus, I figured they wouldn't want to rock the boat too much regarding SciSet.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's already been confirmed that the Starswirl Festival and a K-Pop group called PostCrush are appearing in an EQG animation, which almost definitely points to this book being an adaptation of whatever that turns out to be. I imagine it's a Netflix CYOA, since they're better suited for a possibly expansive adventure than YouTube.

Some videos.

CG version of a 2014 simple animation; I think it works better this way

And some videos that will NEVER be taken down.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
So one possibility for the loop is Sunset trying to join PostCrush multiple times, and PostCrush themselves are the source of the loop. How did PostCrush not notice that someone else was acting differently in the loops, then?

I didn't explain it well, basically Sunset finds out about the device and they bribe her with joining the group in exchange for not making a stink about it. Sunset sucks at dancing though so basically they tell their doorman to turn her away during subsuquent days, which means that she can't ever get the device anymore.

EDIT:
About the Sunset hooking up with a totally hot guy stuff, I could understand why they're pushing Twilight into straight romances, but it's pretty weird that they're doing this with Sunset too now. They generally avoided any hint of romance outside of Twilight and Rarity (not with each other, unfortunately). Plus, I figured they wouldn't want to rock the boat too much regarding SciSet.

I didn't really make this clear either but the whole thing comes off as more of a joke then anything. They never give the guy an actual name or even much of a description, and the book basically retcon's the whole thing out of existence. I wouldn't really take it seriously, and I would be surprised if they actually kept it in for the show adaptation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't explain it well, basically Sunset finds out about the device and they bribe her with joining the group in exchange for not making a stink about it. Sunset sucks at dancing though so basically they tell their doorman to turn her away during subsuquent days, which means that she can't ever get the device anymore.
Alright, so Sunset's the idiot, then.

New EQG short.

Man these new shorts have (appropriately enough) are more or less YouTuber themed, so far.

This one had cute reactions from the kids, but it's just alright. Nothing funny, just cute.

This was one of the leaked shorts, and from what I've read, it looks like nothing was cut from the animatic.

Hasbro 2018 Q4 earnings reports. MLP isn't called out in particular, but basically everything is down other than Wizards of the Coast properties thanks to Toys R Us screwing everything up.

Kotobukiya concept art full reveal, and Twilight statue
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
All of the Kotobukiya concept art has been revealed!

Dy3oiRUUcAE7UcC.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

376223189249949696.png
Applejack has the shortest skirt?!

I'm glad one character has darker skin, but I would have liked at least Twilight too. But that's just my preference.

Anyway, they all look pretty great. Applejack's is weird for not resembling any of her main EQG outfits, but the top does look like an outfit she's worn at the farm in the shorts and specials. That came with jeans, though. And besides the fact that her wearing a skirt is weird in the first place, the frills are extra weird.

Rarity is (blush). None of the figurines are particularly sexualized, except for Rarity.

Glad Rainbow at least has pants (shorts). She has the same sort of look at her EQG self (first version), but it works better here.

The three we saw before still look great.

We also have the actual Twilight statue now.
Dy3oYKQV4AArviw.jpg

Did we know about the details on the book before?

EDIT:
large.jpeg

They are very funny.

EDIT: mirroredsea interview, he really does draw every day.

EDIT: UK comic about Silverstream that's simple, but does have a decent concept.

Last edited:
2-10-19 Simpsons Valentines stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream followup, the Friday one didn't happen, and I wasn't there for most of the Sunday stream. I was able to get The Promised Neverland streamed early, before i went to the airport. People seemed to like the episode, with the complaint being it ended too soon.

Here's what I posted about our reaction in the The Promised Neverland anime thread.
Here's a Discord chat I had about the new episode.
SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:21 PM

Meanwhile, I'm going to go into that scene where Emma decides to trust Ray. I really like how Emma shows unconditional trust in Ray, but isn't an idiot about it. She realizes things about Ray's situation that Norman didn't, and while she hates what Ray did, she understands the necessity of what he did and why he did it, because he was suffering on his own knowing he couldn't bring anyone else into the fold until now. But she absolutely won't let him keep doing that.

UberTagYesterday at 1:28 PM

Yeah, I'm impressed by how they've been very clear about portraying all of these characters as sharp and complex while still remaining true to their core defining traits.

(Well, Don and Gilda not so much as everyone else.)(edited)

But even that's accurate seeing how they're not the top performers that the others are.

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:29 PM

Plus they're working on inaccurate information.

UberTagYesterday at 1:29 PM

True enough.

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:30 PM

With the assumption that Conny may still be alive, and that the world outside is of humans, it's understandable to get antsy.

Speaking of which, the fact that they felt the need to lie to Don and Gilda while Ray accepted the truth so easily earlier is a hint about how he already knew all this.

UberTagYesterday at 1:32 PM

That said, I'm not sure that Don could even handle knowing the truth (hence why he was shielded from it). Although I'm not sure he can even handle this much without it escalating things in a problematic fashion (as it did at the end of this episode). He's like this unpleasant variable.

They do explore that question about what the other kids could actually handle later.

UberTagYesterday at 1:33 PM

They should be keeping Don busy with tasks that make him feel like he's contributing without potentially sabotaging things.

He was supposed to cook dinner
376224628412121101.png

UberTagYesterday at 1:34 PM

That's a tightrope act to walk, no question.

Don doesn't feel like cooking dinner is contributing enough.

To be clear to those wondering if the anime left out something that would have made Don look less dumb, manga readers thought Don was pretty dumb at this point too.

The plan for the stream proper was Forgotten Friendship and other stuff, but all that got shown was the following.
*. Oscar Short - Animal Behavior
*. EQG Short - Aww... Baby Turtles
*. EQG Short - X Marks the Spot
1. The Simpsons: I Love Lisa (Season 4, Episode 15)
2. The Simpsons: Love, Springfieldian Style (Season 19, Episode 12)

Here's what people said in the chat.
UberTagYesterday at 4:55 PM

Not much of a crowd tonight so most of the expected docket got tabled. I streamed one Oscar short, postponed Equestria Girls upon request and ran with a couple Simpsons episodes (one of which buffered out for Cappy).

joke name ahoyYesterday at 4:56 PM

that was a weird short to be Oscar nominated

UberTagYesterday at 4:56 PM

Yeah, it's an odd duck compared with the others.

joke name ahoyYesterday at 4:56 PM

I always thought oscar shorts were about kids losing balloons or dogs losing balls or bugs losing their poop or

SigmasonicXYesterday at 4:56 PM

Now you see what happens when I'm not there

CappyYesterday at 4:57 PM

i finished watching it

joke name ahoyYesterday at 4:57 PM

just a bunch of monsters enjoying each other's company

CappyYesterday at 4:57 PM

another classic ep that still feels just as good now(edited)

UberTagYesterday at 4:57 PM

That's why they're classic episodes.(edited)

Truly timeless.

Very few modern Simpsons efforts have been able to even come close to capturing that early-to-mid-90s magic. Still happy to have the show on the air, though.

CappyYesterday at 5:15 PM

One thing I noticed about that ep is that Ralph clearly channels a lot of what he was going through into the role, but they don't telegraph it at all by showing him trying to prepare really seriously or anything like that. There's no scene where he decides "he'll show her" and dives into practicing. Instead, they convey the whole of it with the burning of the card. It works without making him come off as bitter and it captures his sadness and innocence in a brief moment. The writing of the scenes they "spotlight" are also perfectly in line thematically. It's a great choice because it really provides him a genuine success that comes out of nowhere. Ralph gets to not be a joke when he needed it most. It's deeply satisfying and a great example of how to choose to set up and present a big moment.

UberTagYesterday at 6:00 PM

Man, I really enjoyed tonight's Simpsons ep. Almost wish I could have streamed this one earlier.

New Gameloft Valentines Day update has this animation.
1957641.gif

There's a ton of art I haven't been posting due to being busy, so I'll try to get through it piecemeal.
1.【mlp】"pinky pie" / Illustration by "dodomir23" [pixiv] - Human Pinkie
2.【MLP】"れいんぼーだっしゅ!" / Illustration by "えーこ" [pixiv] - Human Rainbow
3.Human Pinkie by 豆菌tokun
4.Human Twilight by 虎喵君
5.Happy Lunar New Year by HowXu on DeviantArt - Anthro Sunset and Fluttershy
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.[Commission] Adagio Dazzle by iojknmiojknm on DeviantArt
2.Twilight Valentine by hiccupsdoesart
3.Kindness in Her Eyes by ChaosAngelDesu on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
4.Sunset Shimmer by SerenityScratch on DeviantArt
5.Twilight eating by tohupo
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Photo Finish, Fluttershy, and Applejack reacting to a saucy Rarity image by erufi - See the saucy Rarity image at the source
2.TEENAGER by uotapo on DeviantArt - EQG younger Celestia and Luna
3.Twilight by Holivi on DeviantArt - Anthro
4.praticerarity by saxopi on DeviantArt
5.Autumn Blaze with a sparkler by shadowreindeer
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Aviator Fluttershy by Huckser on DeviantArt - League of Legends inspired
2.Fluttershy two sides by cutepencilcase
3.Twilight sparkle by Pink-pinktooth on DeviantArt
4.Applejack X Rainbow by mateha_c殿下
5.Limestone telling you to stop drawing her by ikarooz
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Starlight by Puetsua on DeviantArt
2.XIV - The Balance by HowXu on DeviantArt - Student Six
3.Twibaby by AngusDra on DeviantArt - Twilight
4.Where in Equestria is Rarity Sandiego? by dan232323 on DeviantArt
5.Winter by dSana on DeviantArt - Twilight and Spike
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Comic
Luna's humor V.2 by Yakovlev-vad on DeviantArt
large.png

Nice PMV collab

And cute CG animation

"Teacher of the Month" Official Short
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Huh, I didn't think we'd get an actual explanation for how Fluttershy keeps becoming Teacher of the Month. This video has important CANON information, including the fact that it's apparently been 17 months since the school opened, and that no, the events of "Non-Compete Clause" didn't get Rainbow and AJ Teacher of the Month.

Beside that, it's just generally cute and charming, not particularly funny on its own. It is funny that this is literally just "if Non-Compete Clause didn't require the characters to be complete idiots", since this has Rainbow and AJ do the obvious and just ask Fluttershy how she keeps winning and then trying her suggestion.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Just watched the short as well. Is it weird for me to say "I would love Fluttershy to be my teacher."

And once again, this brings to mind this SpongeBob reference:
012b%20-%20Employee%20of%20the%20Month%20(044).jpg

I mean in reality, I don't think it's ever that advised to actively aim to get an employee of the month and that's where AJ and RD fail at, of course.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Art dump.
1.Luna and Stygian talk by darkest-lunar-flower
2.Cutie Mark Crusaders with Smolder and Cozy Glow by mysticalpha
3.Human Twilight by 王木木怎么还会被占用
4.Human Sunset by balabala
5.Payback Time by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Spike and Baby Twilight
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Dejsu by RaikohIllust on DeviantArt - Twilight with hair back
2.Commission: Warrior Rarity by DANMAKUMAN on DeviantArt - Human
3.My angel by Holivi on DeviantArt - Anthro Vapor Trail
4.Equiibrium The Yin and the Yang by JayCDandelion on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze
5.O-oh! Oh gosh! by Earthsong9405 on DeviantArt - Rarity X Twilight
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Human Snowfall Frost (Starlight) by almond-i
2.Sharingan Rainbow Dash by leesys, skitsniga, and xbi
3.Fluttershy by llllllllleft
4.Fluttershy sleeping by fensu-san
5.Twilight kissing Rarity GIF by dsiak
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.gif

1.Rarity 2 9 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
2.Year of the Pig! (Animated) by Szafir87 on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze, animated version of previous image
3.Applejack by thomas ray
4.sketch by saxopi on DeviantArt - Pinkie
5.Fluttershy by Pink-pinktooth on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.gif

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Hey You by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Somnambula
2.Thank you all by AutumnVoyage on DeviantArt - Sweetie Belle
3.Commissions with Luna by darkest-lunar-flower
4.SciTwi by bcpony
5.Fuzzy Nuzzles by faitheverlasting on DeviantArt - Gallus X Silverstream
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.gallbar by little-pancakes on DeviantArt - Gallus X Sandbar
2.Trixie holding a bag GIF by seamaggie
3.Twilight's Mom taking care of Baby Twilight, with Spike by skitter
4.Kotobukiya Rainbow by nounoo
5.The Wedding by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Rarity X Applejack
medium.png

medium.gif

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Twilight by Kaliner123 on DeviantArt
2.【mylittlepony】"20% Cooler" / Illustration by "Mikk" [pixiv] - Kotobukiya Rainbow
3.Trixie with a rose for Starlight by poowndraww
4.Trixie by fanch1
5.Fluttershy by etozhexleb on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Nerd apple pone with stripped socks by FlutterThrash on DeviantArt - Applejack
2.Human Twilight by 御喵子w
3.Beach Day by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt - Sunset
4.Twilight by 云观雾里
5.Applejack by 云观雾里
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Luna by 云观雾里
2.Rarity by tohupo
3.Celestia and Luna in cosplay for something by dstears
4.AJ Rare by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Kotobukiya Applejack and Rarity
5.practicedash by saxopi on DeviantArt - Rainbow
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Fluttershy by dino_horse and renderpoint
2.Tempest by hosikawa
3.Ocellus by RacoonKun on DeviantArt - Human-ish
4.Sea-lestia by Marbola on DeviantArt - Celestia
5.Rarity by RottenGotika on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Human Fluttershy by 无名的flesh
2.Kirin Sisters Collaboration by CasualColt on DeviantArt - Kirin Celestia and Luna
3.You found the berries! by Alumx on DeviantArt - Rainbow and Scootaloo
4.Sunset X SciTwi by ediblewafflebites
5.Kotobukiya Rainbow by jp_np133
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

Cute song about the princesses

Rainbow Roadtrip special announced (through toy)
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Toy Fair reveal of upcoming special (through tie-in toys): Rainbow Roadtrip
Leading up to Toy Fair, Hasbro and their fan-favorite My Little Pony brand have big news: Spinning out of an upcoming animated special, My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip, comes the My Little Pony Rainbow Tail Surprise Collection.

The world of My Little Pony is all about bold, bright colors – but in My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip, the Mane 6 visit a town devoid of color! They must work together to bring the rainbow back to the town. The accompanying toys feature ponies with colorless tails! Kids can put the tales in water to magically bring the color back. The toys and animated special will premiere this summer.

When Twilight Sparkle and her friends arrive in Hope Hollow, they find the town and all its residents completely devoid of color – their dream vacation is starting to feel more like a nightmare! The Mane 6 will have to solve the mystery behind this washed-out world if they hope to bring the "rainbow" back to the Rainbow Festival and color back to the lives of their new friends.

I guess it's time to rewatch The Runaway Rainbow. Though honestly, I'm fine with a G3 style story for a special.
It's funny that this all is to tie into one of those toys that change color in water.

my-little-pony-rainbow-tail-surprise-1158526.jpeg

Comicbook.com isn't all that reliable for news, but they have zero reason to lie about this, I think.

EDIT: Oh, and Happy Valentines Day from Tabitha St. Germain to Spike

Roses are red
Spike's too young for Rarity
Plus he's a dragon
and that's species disparity #EndOf #MLP
unknown.png

Last edited:

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Somnambula hasn't been given enough love recently from artists.
Toy Fair reveal of upcoming special (through tie-in toys): Rainbow Roadtrip
Leading up to Toy Fair, Hasbro and their fan-favorite My Little Pony brand have big news: Spinning out of an upcoming animated special, My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip, comes the My Little Pony Rainbow Tail Surprise Collection.

The world of My Little Pony is all about bold, bright colors – but in My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip, the Mane 6 visit a town devoid of color! They must work together to bring the rainbow back to the town. The accompanying toys feature ponies with colorless tails! Kids can put the tales in water to magically bring the color back. The toys and animated special will premiere this summer.

When Twilight Sparkle and her friends arrive in Hope Hollow, they find the town and all its residents completely devoid of color – their dream vacation is starting to feel more like a nightmare! The Mane 6 will have to solve the mystery behind this washed-out world if they hope to bring the "rainbow" back to the Rainbow Festival and color back to the lives of their new friends.

So is this going to me a 44 minute special episode independent of the main show? I'm guessing it's going to be airing during the midseason break that happens during the summer or is going to be a midseason finale, so it could go either way. Not super excited about the premise, I hope it's just some 22 minute special that they handed off to some beginning writer. I guess it's possible it'll be decent though.

Also the whole "Spike loves Rarity" gag should have been killed years ago. Now that there's an actual potential love interest for Spike in Smolder there's basically 0 excuse now.

I pointed it out in the chat but it's pretty crazy how little Somnambula art there has been since Sounds of Silence aired. I guess Autumn Blaze stole her spot. Here's some that Sigma was hiding from you:

lawyer_somnambula_by_puetsua_dczn1ry-pre.jpg

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Also the whole "Spike loves Rarity" gag should have been killed years ago. Now that there's an actual potential love interest for Spike in Smolder there's basically 0 excuse now.
Yeah, it was mentioned in the chat that it's a classic conventional episodic cartoon thing, in a show that eventually shifted to an "let's actually advance this shit" cartoon. It seems like it's used for nothing but time filler and as a punchline for shorts. At this point, it's very unlikely they'll really do anything with it.
(Spike X Thorax would have worked before the latter became tall)

Oh damn, this is interesting.

This special is not being done by us at DHX, so I have no information on it.

4:35 PM - 14 Feb 2019

The leaks mentioned there would be specials animated in a different way, which was generally interpreted to mean by another studio. I didn't think we'd get them already. This will likely be animated by Boulder Media, but I'll go for a longshot and guess Studio Trigger.

~~~

Stream announcements. For Friday, no one had much in particular to stream, so we're watching the following.
1. Remaining Oscar animated shorts throughout
* Bao
* Late Afternoon
* Weekends
2. Kaguya-sama: Love is War episode 4
3. Haruhi - Mysterique Sign
4. Haruhi - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV

And on Sunday, in celebration of the new trailer, it's time to LET IT GO
medium.png

Frozen 2: my little pony version by mailNer on DeviantArt
0. (at some time earlier) The Promised Neverland episode 6
1. Frozen (and Frozen 2 trailer)
2. Kaleido Star 9
3. Kaleido Star 10

Last week, we watched TPN before the stream proper, and it seemed to work well, so we're doing it again this time.

~~~

Taking a break from my normal art backlog for Valentine's Day art.
1.Val Pal by SourSpot on DeviantArt - Twilight
2.Let Me Be Your Wings by GreenBrothersArt on DeviantArt - Cadance X Shining Armor
3.[Princess Cadence, Shining Armor] - Balcony kiss by Negatif22 on DeviantArt
4.Sunset Shimmer loves you by 0okami-0ni on DeviantArt
5.Big Mac and Sugar Belle by EnvyGirl95 on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Your My Very BEST Friend.. by BrekrofMadness on DeviantArt - Lyra X Bon Bon
2.One Small Thing by EeveelutionLova on DeviantArt - Pinkie X Skystar
3.Wing kiss with Rarilight (Also Happy Valentine) by KinGKerO on DeviantArt - Rarity X Twilight
4.Valentine by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Rarity X Applejack
5.Fluttershy by fensu-san
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Cadance taunting Twilight by tjpones
2.Rainbow and Pinkie asking for a funny joke from Twilight by tjpones
3.Lyra Hearts and Hands Day GIF by el-yeguero
4.2019 Valentine's Day by rvceric on DeviantArt - Kotobukiya Rainbow
5.Cadance singing for Older Flurry Heart by jargon scott
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.gif

medium.png

medium.png

1.Starlight getting a card by noosa
2.Valentine_Cadence by RacoonKun on DeviantArt - Cadance
3.Applejack kissing Pinkie GIF by dsiak
4.EQG Pinkie with chocolate by aruba
5.Student Six #172 - Hearts and Hooves: Yona by Sintakhra on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.gif

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.happy valentine's! by FluffyMaiden on DeviantArt - Cadance
2.A present from Sunset Shimmer by Rockset on DeviantArt
3.Happy Valentine's from Silverstream [CM] by LittleHybridShila on DeviantArt
4.Lovin you by Yanamosuda on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
5.Twilight with bag by watawata_pony
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Happy Valentine's Day!! by chedx on DeviantArt - Smolder, Ocellus, Autumn Blaze for some reason, and Silverstream
2.Applejack making food for Rarity by noupu
3.[EG] - Valentines 2019 - Gloriosa and Vignette by VerumTee on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Rainbow Peacock by 123TurtleShell on DeviantArt
rainbow_peacock_by_123turtleshell_dczne1n-pre.jpg

Valentines Day by Evehly on DeviantArt
valentines_day_by_evehly_dczntgc-pre.jpg

EQG Tsundere Rainbow X Applejack by dcon
1961412.jpeg

EQG - Street Chic

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
New EQG short:

And some small LTTP reviews:

A Matter of Principals: Disproportionate much Discord?! I feel Starlight did not have to be in the wrong, but here we are. Though it didn't help he sent the Mane 6 on a wild goose chase and setting up Starlight like that. Plus practically scaring the crap out of the students, didn't help matters. I thought this a pretty low point in the season. Though I did genuinely find it funny when Discord had Cranky and Iron Will as teachers. And of course more Trixie as always!

The Hearth's Warming Club: Pretty interesting to know about the traditions of other creatures. Wasn't too bad personally, though I kind of question holding off a student during a holiday. Granted this school didn't technically get accredited did it? Gotta feel bad for poor Gallus; what he did was wrong, but I feel genuine sympathy for the guy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
New EQG short:

A Matter of Principals: Disproportionate much Discord?! I feel Starlight did not have to be in the wrong, but here we are. Though it didn't help he sent the Mane 6 on a wild goose chase and setting up Starlight like that. Plus practically scaring the crap out of the students, didn't help matters. I thought this a pretty low point in the season. Though I did genuinely find it funny when Discord had Cranky and Iron Will as teachers. And of course more Trixie as always!

The Hearth's Warming Club: Pretty interesting to know about the traditions of other creatures. Wasn't too bad personally, though I kind of question holding off a student during a holiday. Granted this school didn't technically get accredited did it? Gotta feel bad for poor Gallus; what he did was wrong, but I feel genuine sympathy for the guy.

The idea of the short is cute, and I love Rarity's spin clothing change apparently happening in real time as far as the victims are concerned, but the summer and fall clothes barely have any difference in what they cover, so the jokes don't sell as well as they could have. Also, is this the first time we've ever seen a season besides generic spring-summer animated in EQG? Given that the Fall Formal setting of EQG1 was clearly still summer weather.

I wasn't a fan of "A Matter of Principals" due to how Discord was more or less rewarded for his behavior in the end. It did have some good moments, though.

"The Hearth's Warming Club" was good, and had some much needed development for the students.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
The idea of the short is cute, and I love Rarity's spin clothing change apparently happening in real time as far as the victims are concerned, but the summer and fall clothes barely have any difference in what they cover, so the jokes don't sell as well as they could have. Also, is this the first time we've ever seen a season besides generic spring-summer animated in EQG? Given that the Fall Formal setting of EQG1 was clearly still summer weather.

I wasn't a fan of "A Matter of Principals" due to how Discord was more or less rewarded for his behavior in the end. It did have some good moments, though.

"The Hearth's Warming Club" was good, and had some much needed development for the students.

Yeah. I'm surprised the others didn't feel cold. A least put on some leggings! Fluttershy did wear socks though, so there is that. And yeah for the dance being called the "Fall Formal" the season depicted the first EQG didn't look like fall thinking about it. Though granted these days, the weather feels delayed. Like it still felt warm in the last November, so much so I saw a rattlesnake in one moment.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Despite the image used, this must be the Generation 5 reboot movie from the leaks, delayed one more year. It's weird to finally have another movie confirmed and not just leaked.

It seems at least confirmed that this one is gonna be CGI/3D... I'm disappointed by that I must say as one thing that drew me to the 1st film so much was the 2D Animation style they used.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
New EQG short:

Rarity has fashion super powers confirmed. See how she just makes clothes magically appear on her friends. With this power she will take over the world. (Or at least the fashion world)

Matter of Principals: I felt like the episode was some fun ideas ruined by a terrible premise. I did enough ranting about it back when it aired, but the short version is that it makes no sense for Discord to be so antagonistic towards Starlight (who up until this point was one of the few characters he seemed to actually respect) and then basically frame Starlight as being in the wrong despite whatever slight was done to Discord having nothing to do with her.

Hearth's Warming Club: This was IIRC my favorite episode of the season. It gave the Students much needed development and showing off all the different holidays was cool. And as you said it really helped out Gallus, a large part of why I like him so much is due to this episode.

New movie in 2021, the movie has been pushed back pretty hard as the original plan was for it to be released in Fall of this year, but with an alternate release schedule for it to be released in 2020 instead. 2020 apparently was overcrowded with high profile animated movies so it looks like they pushed it back even further.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait... I got it!
Rainbow Roadtrip will be a CGI special animated by Boulder Media as practice for the G5 movie.
It will look super cheap but will be charming enough, and we'll be left hoping the movie looks better.

Chat about the movie announcement, following what I said above.
CappyToday at 9:12 AM

Will those hopes be met or
449789708210274306.png
'd

joke name ahoyToday at 9:59 AM

Oh no so G5 is gonna be gross faux-2D?

UberTagToday at 10:00 AM

If no G5 movie until 2021, they're going to have plenty of time to dick around with legacy G4 material even after Season 9 has wrapped up.

SigmasonicXToday at 10:02 AM

From the leaks, the G5 movie will be CGI, but the show will be 2D, which does match up to many Netflix shows based on CGI movies like Trolls

I expect we won't get a season 10, but we will get several TV specials in 2020

CappyToday at 10:04 AM

I look forward to the title cards

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

VillageToday at 3:05 PM

So wait that pony movie is G5?

UberTagToday at 3:05 PM

That's what was leaked, yes.

And that G5 won't kick off until after the movie as it will be the vehicle launching the new MLP generation. Albeit with celebrities voicing ponies that will be subsequently replaced with Vancouver actors for television.

Meanwhile G4 ends later this year.

So there will be a 12-24 month gap of intra-gen and Equestria Girls filler.

Until the G5 movie marketing machine kicks into full gear.

SigmasonicXToday at 3:12 PM

Of course, plans could have changed

UberTagToday at 3:15 PM

True enough. I mean, they shouldn't just jump into Gen 5 if they don't have a clear vision of how to execute it.

Although I suspect the production studio change is a done deal either way.

They seem fully committed to that.

377347619380264961.png
I'm gonna live forever, y'all!

TrigonometrizeToday at 3:26 PM

Please just die Applejack

SigmasonicXToday at 3:26 PM

Hasbro didn't go through the effort of setting up an in-house animation studio to then not use it for their cartoons.

CappyToday at 3:35 PM

maybe they can hire dhx to make commercials or something

22 minute long commercials >_>

VillageToday at 3:43 PM

Trigonometrize She's already dead

UberTagToday at 4:04 PM

455953844128448522.png
I don't think I'm dead.

CappyToday at 4:06 PM

she's romancing rarity on 2 legs

living her best life

unknown.png

I expect we won't get a season 10, but we will get several TV specials in 2020.

Art dump.
1.Cadance by arinadler
2.Mlp:Princess Twilight Sparkle - on the throne by MartaZap3 on DeviantArt
3.I Made This! by CatScratchPaper on DeviantArt - Silverstream and Gallus with their egg
4.twilight KH3 by mauroz on DeviantArt - Human
5.Human Mane Six and Male Versions by 闷骚少女初窗
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Twilight and Pinkie with Chinese dragon costume by 小huhu狸君呀
2.My kind of heaven by Tillie-TMB on DeviantArt - Fluttershy with chicken and chicks
3.Rainbow Dash X Applejack by raika0306 on DeviantArt - 1, Kotobukiya designs
4.Rainbow Dash X Applejack by raika0306 on DeviantArt - 2, Kotobukiya designs
5.Rainbow kissing Fluttershy GIF by dsiak
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.gif

1.Human Ponies in Slytherin by sadistjolt
2.Human Ponies in Gryffindor by sadistjolt
3.Human Ponies in Ravenclaw by sadistjolt
4.Human Ponies in Hufflepuff by sadistjolt
5.Sunset by noupu
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Fluttershy by Puetsua on DeviantArt
2.poney holey trinitey amen !! by glitteronin on DeviantArt - Older Twilight and Younger Celestia and Luna
3.Take my love by Margony on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
4.Kotobukiya Rainbow by osawari64
5..:Indestructible Android:. (CO) by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - EQG Style Sweetie Bot
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1..:Moment before the accident:. (EqG Shorts) by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - EQG Rainbow and kids
2.Twilight over the Clowds by MysteriousShine on DeviantArt
3.Winter fun by Trickate on DeviantArt - Young Luna and Celestia
4.Kiss ur horse royal princess by lilfunkman - Twilight X Rarity
medium.png

twilight_over_the_clowds_by_mysteriousshine_dcy2tja-pre.png

large.png

tumblr_pmydqixyGJ1wcn6d5o1_640.png

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah I'm glad it's not being dragged out till It's trash.

I'm hoping those rumors about a Norse Mythology inspired G5 are true. It sounds badass.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
I personally am worried about drive-by posts though.

Wonder if this affects EQG as well, since it's part of G4. Forgot if it did or not.

The movie OT was civil for the most part, so I'm thinking it'll be fine too.

None of the leaks talked about EQG at all, I'm guessing it'll continue until after G5 has launched. If it's not successful and EQG is still fine I feel like they might just never update it and keep it with the G4 characters.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
While we are making discussions regarding the show ending on the other thread, looks like the next episodes of "The Toys That Made Us" set to be released will have a MLP-focused episode among one of them.

And it seems Lauren Faust will make an appearance:

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
While we are making discussions regarding the show ending on the other thread, looks like the next episodes of "The Toys That Made Us" set to be released will have a MLP-focused episode among one of them.

And it seems Lauren Faust will make an appearance:

We've known there was an MLP episode coming for a while (still following the thread announcing it), but I did forget it was coming. They also interviewed Tara Strong for it, and people involved with the earlier generations.

Not sure who this guy is, but he does work on some cartoons and people don't seem to be disagreeing with him, even with him tagging people who worked on the show in responses.

Sebastián Cordova‏ @Chevistian1

Finally i can talk about this little secret that i had since Licensing Expo 2018! #MLPSeason9 will be the last season. The CGI movie will be a new movie to introduce #MLPG5. Rainbow Roadtrip uses the plot of the rejected #MLPMovie Sequel #MyLittlePony #MLPFIM #MLP #HasbroToyFair

We know the first two bits, of course, but Rainbow Roadtrip being the story intended for a Movie sequel is unexpected. As a movie for theaters, the story sounds... pretty dumb. Glad they didn't do that.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Guess that was supposed to be the second G4 movie in the leaked roadmap. Not gonna judge it too harshly from a toy-focused synopsis; not the most engaging material at first glance, but the series lives and dies by its character writing, and there's not even a mention of what new characters will inevitably be involved. A theatrical concept getting cut down to a 44 minute special might result in some interesting pacing, though.

People in the replies writing G5 off sight unseen amuse me.

2-15-19 More Kaguya and Haruhi stream; RP 308 - The Shattered Realm 7 - Something There That Wasn't There Before; 2-17-19 Frozen stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream followups.

On Friday, we just watched another Kaguya episode and more Haruhi.
1. Animal Behavior
2. Kaguya-sama: Love is War episode 4
3. Haruhi - Mysterique Sign
4. Haruhi - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV

Shorts weren't working, so we just watched a short from last week that I missed. It was fine, but it felt like something you'd see on Adult Swim, so I was surprised it was nominated.

The Kaguya-sama episode had Fujiwara (pink haired girl) rap, which automatically makes it great.

In the first Haruhi episode, I was pretty surprised when Itsuki referred to the giant cricket as a cricket, instead of a cave troll like in the fan subs I watched back in the day. Was that a mistranslation the entire time?

In the second episode, we had the Ryoko Asakura stuff and Future Mikuru. The latter acted pretty differently from what I remembered; I could have sworn she was super confident and self-assured, but she's actually still pretty similar to her present self.

Compared to the earlier episodes, the sci-fi stuff has a much larger presence now, which is kind of interesting to see.

On Sunday, we watched the following.
*. Weekends
*.Disney's Frozen Trailer {MLP:FiM} - YouTube
1. Frozen
*.Frozen 2 | Official Teaser Trailer - YouTube
*.Frozen "Y si hacemos un muñeco?" versión My Little pony - YouTube
*.[Fanmade Animation] GDTTS - S2E1: Back To The Rock - YouTube
*.[TTS x SVTFOE] GDTTS: Battle in Mewni - The most EPIC battle between Rapunzel and Toffee! (S2E2) - YouTube
*.GDTTS: Epilogue [Disney x MLP Animation] - YouTube
2. Kaleido Star 9
*.Do You Want To See The Moon Rise? (full animation) - YouTube
3. Kaleido Star 10
*.Libre Soy - Frozen | Versión My Little Pony (Latino) - YouTube

First was the one other Oscar short we could get working, and it was pretty good. It's about a kid dealing with his divorced parents and his parents moving on to other people, using some pretty impressive animation.

We had two people who had never seen Frozen, and both seemed to come out of it thinking it was just alright, but with some good songs. I had forgotten songs like Olaf's summer song and "Reindeer Are Better Than People". I actually saw the hair clipping during "Let It Go" this time! The new people were pretty surprised that "Fixer-Upper" was the final song. I checked and I checked, but no, there was zero foreshadowing of Hans being evil, which blindsided the people new to the movie.

If you know what Frozen's production schedule was like, then you'd know many of its issues come from things getting rushed and last minute revisions. In particular, Elsa even being good was a pretty late change. With Frozen 2, they at least have the characters settled, so I have hope we'll get a much more solid product this time.

The Kaleido Star episodes involved putting on a production of The Little Mermaid, in a world where Disney doesn't exist I guess since the solution Sora discovers is to give the story a happy ending appropriate for her performance of the mermaid. It was pretty good.

~~~

We had another RP on Saturday.
RP 308 - The Shattered Realm 7 - Something There That Wasn't There Before
Trixie - Cappy

Trixie, Applejack, Fluttershy, and two Lords D'Cheval chase after a roc kidnapping Lady Crinière. The peasants take this as a sign and start the Prench Rebellion, building barricades and lighting torches. Celestia will eventually resolve all this, but that's months from now. Trixie navigates the party around the revolutionaries, but they lose track of the D'Chevals.

They choose to continue going after the roc. Fluttershy carries Trixie to its nest where they find Crinière explaining a book's story to the roc. They discover there's a time anomaly making the nest alternate between time moving faster than usual and slower than usual, so Crinière is unsure how long they've been there. Through Beauty and the Beast lyrics, it's discovered that Crinière and the roc, Rocus, have fallen in love.

Fluttershy gets Rocus to cough up a water bottle lid, and when connecting it to a water bottle in the nest, that resolves the time anomaly there, so they go back to the city to find a Lord D'Cheval, using Rocus for a ride. They quickly find one, who has convinced the mob that he and his double were in a Prince and the Pauper situation and he was the pauper; the other one is somewhere getting pied.

The heroes get him to back off on chasing after the roc and he takes down the barrier around the time machine. They fix the water fountain powering it and all the time anomalies are fixed.

In the present, Gallus reveals he's a descendant of Rocus and Lady Crinière.

~~~

Equestria Daily confirms they intend to keep going even after FiM ends, and even if G5 ends up sucking.

Smug Dash and other toys by Kidrobot, from the Toy Fair.
1.JPG

I was surprised to see It Turns Out They're Windmills, a story I reviewed early get showcased by Royal Canterlot Library. I left a pretty critical review of this story earlier, but rest assured, I only went into as much detail as I did because I thought there was enough substance to do just that. This story is definitely worth checking out.

New Agrol animation! This ships Starlight and Sunburst. It's cute.

This is a pretty impressive Tangled crossover animation. It's the last part of a series, hence the title, but this is the only video with MLP.