• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream announcement, we're watching the following.
1. EQG - Holidays Unwrapped
2. Tangled - 305 - The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne
3. Tangled - 306 - No Time Like the Past
4. Shiki - 5
5. Shiki 6

~~~

As expected, "I'll Fly" is the frontrunner of Round 1 Match 9.

Round 1 Match 10
A. Welcome to the Show

B. Friends Are Always There For You

C. Behold, Princess Twilight Sparkle

D. CHS Rally Song

E. The Ballad of the Crystal Empire

Welcome to the Show was a candidate for a bye, since not only is it a very well regarded song (look at that view count!) but it's also pretty unusual among Pony songs for its structure. I'll be surprised if it doesn't win this one.

That said, the other songs aren't bad.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Tough list this time, the only one I'm not a huge fan of is "Behold Princess Twilight Sparkle". "Welcome to the Show" is gonna be tough to beat, if only because it's about three or four songs in one.

1. Ballad of the Crystal Empire - This is such a classic FiM song. Mandolin-heavy, beautiful ensemble vocals, fantastic melody.
  2. CHS Rally Song - One of my favourite tracks from the EQG sub-franchise. Great combo of Dash attitude and marching band pomp.
  3. Welcome to the Show - Even if this one doesn't have as much of a personal connection for me, I absolutely respect how complex and variable it is. There isn't really a weak link in the whole thing.
  4. Friends are Always there for You - A little bit of a generic Ingram season-closer, but still has all the things I love in a FiM song. Makes a nice coda to the first Starlight arc too.
  5. Behold Princess Twilight Sparkle - Absolutely nothing wrong with this one, it just isn't terribly replayable.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
So there's been another big leak, this time including bloopers. Here are ones I've seen linked on another Discord I go to; I'm not going to delve into 4chan to find others.

"The Ending of the End" blooper where Tabitha as Rarity says "fuck me hard" (around 1 minute in)
Rarity saying "fuck me hard" by itself
Trixie saying "fuck"
Trixie saying "bitch"
Tabitha as Luna saying "motherfucker"

Tabitha being given directions for one of Luna's lines from "The Ending of the End", this one's cute rather than crude
William Shatner singing some of "You're In My Head Like a Catchy Song"

~~~

This thread kept track of character appearances. Here's the number of episodes for each character:
Twilight Sparkle: 181
Applejack: 164
Rainbow Dash: 160
Pinkie Pie: 156
Rarity: 149
Fluttershy: 145
Spike: 139
Apple Bloom: 63
Princess Celestia: 52 (in the first episode she only speaks via off-screen narration)
Scootaloo: 50
Sweetie Belle: 50
Starlight Gimmer: 43
Princess Luna: 29
Discord: 23 (24 if you count Grogar's appearance in "Frenemies")
Zecora: 17
Trixie: 14
Derpy Hooves/Muffins: 3

And this thread has writer stats

Some stats here, more commentary in the thread.

The following have written or co-written 10 or more episodes (I'm only counting episodes where they have "written by" credit for this purpose):

Josh Haber (26 episodes)
Meghan McCarthy (18 episodes)
M.A. Larson (17 episodes)
Amy Keating Rogers (17 episodes)
Michael Vogel (14 episodes)
Dave Polsky (13 episodes)
Nicole Dubuc (12 episodes)
Cindy Morrow (11 episodes)
Joanna Lewis & Kristine Songco (11 episodes)
Nick Confalone (10 episodes)
There has also been numerous writers who only did one episode:

Betsy McGowen ("Power Ponies", with Meghan McCarthy and Charlotte Fullerton)
Gregory Bonsignore ("Sounds of Silence")
F.M. De Marco ("28 Pranks Later")
Jennifer Skelly ("Buckball Season")
Barry Safchik & Michael Platt ("Campfire Tales")
Becky Wangberg ("Hard to Say Anything")
Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim ("A Horse Shoe-In")
Gail Simone ("Between Dark and Dawn")
This is a list of writers who worked on season 1, and what subsequent seasons they were writers on:

Lauren Faust (season 1 only)
Amy Keating Rogers (seasons 1-2, 4-5)
Cindy Morrow (seasons 1-3, 5)
Chris Savino (season 1 only)
Meghan McCarthy (seasons 1-4)
Charlotte Fullerton (seasons 1-2, 4)
M.A. Larson (seasons 1-3, 5, 7)
Dave Polsky (seasons 1, 3-6)
Speaking of story editors, the show went through several:

Rob Renzetti (seasons 1 and 2)
Meghan McCarthy (seasons 3, 4, and 16 episodes of 5, rotating with M.A. Larson)
M.A. Larson (10 episodes of season 5, rotating with Meghan McCarthy)
Josh Haber (seasons 6, nine episodes of 7, and all of 8 and 9. He shared duties with Lewis & Songco in five episodes of 7 and Nicole Dubuc in 8 and first half of 9)
Joanna Lewis & Kristine Songco (most of season 7, some of which they shared duties with Josh Haber)
Nicole Dubuc (seasons 8 and the first half of 9, sharing duties with Josh Haber)

Interestingly Rob Renzetti never scripted an episode himself, although he was heavily involved in the writing process for the first two seasons.
I know few people brought it up, so here's a gender breakdown for the writers by the season (again, only counting "written by" credits for this).

Season 1
19 episodes by women (Faust, Keating Rogers, Morrow, McCarthy, Fullerton)
7 episodes by men (Savino, Polsky, Larson)

Season 2
19 episodes by women (McCarthy, Morrow, Keating Rogers, Fullerton, Williams)
7 episodes episodes by men (Larson)

Season 3
8 episodes by women (McCarthy, Morrow, Powell, Williams)
5 episodes by men (Larson, Polsky)

Season 4
14 episodes by women (McCarthy, Fullerton, McGowen, Williams, Levinger, Keating Rogers, Benvenuti)
12 episodes by men (Haber, Polsky, Valentine, Sonneborn)

Season 5
12 episodes by women (Lewis, Songco, Morrow, Levinger, Keating Rogers, Benvenuti, Berrow)
14 episodes by men (Sonneborn, Larson, Haber, Polsky, Dusedau, Confalone)

Season 6
3 episodes by women (Lewis, Songco, Skelly)
23 episodes by men (Haber, Fox Brothers, Polsky, Confalone, Rapp, Vogel, Valentine, De Marco, Burke, Wyatt)

Season 7
12 episodes written by women (Lewis, Songco, Crowley, Wetta, Berrow, Wangberg, Jo Flores, Dubuc)
12 episodes written by men (Confalone, Fox Brothers, Hamilton, Lappin, Larson, Safchik, Platt, Haber)
2 episodes written by mixed group ("Shadow Play" two-parter by Haber and Dubuc)

Season 8
6 episodes written by women (Dubuc, Berrow, Beyer-Johnson)
18 episodes written by men (Vogel, Confalone, Hamilton, Hohlfeld, Mpambara, Rapp, Haber, Confalone, Wyatt, Burke, Fox Brothers, Bonsignore)
2 episodes written by mixed group ("School Daze" two-parter by Vogel and Dubuc)

Season 9
11 episodes written by women (Lewis, Songco, Dubuc, Berrow, Beyer-Johnson, Simone, Jo Flores, Shepherd-Oppenheim)
14 episodes written by men (Haber, Hohfield, Vogel, Rapp, Fox Brothers, Mpambara, Confalone, Valentine)
1 episode written by mixed group ("Sparkle's Seven" by Haber and Dubuc)

So in the first few seasons, majority of the episodes were being written by women, but starting around season 4 more and more men joined the writing staff.

This went to head in season 6, where a whopping 23 episodes were written by men, with only 3 written by women. Season 8 had 20 by at least one male writer, with 8 featuring female writers.

Season 7 was more balanced, with equal number being written by men and women. Season 9 is sorta balanced, although slight majority were written by at least one male writer.

~~~

Following the success of the previous sales at conventions, PixelKitties sold Rarity Bath Water in addition to Twilight (which may or may not actually be scented candles).

EIPsflNWsAAe4Ai

Some official fan art
EQG holiday art by Bevin Brand
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Two EQG holiday pairs by Bevin Brand
2.Cozy Glow sketch by Tori Grant for Pony Ciderfest
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

~~~

Read a short fic

That was a good short horror story. With the red dots, I figured this would turn out to be Sweetie just worrying about normal puberty stuff, but no, looks like there's an actual monster.

11-3-19 Holidays Unwrapped stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream followup.
*.MLP:FiM | Music | You Got to Share, You Got to Care | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Fluttershy - So Many Wonders | HD - YouTube
1. EQG - Holidays Unwrapped
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Pinkie's Singing Telegram | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | At The Gala | HD - YouTube
2. Tangled - 305 - The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne
*.MLP:FiM | Music | I'm at the Grand Galloping Gala | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Pony Pokey | HD - YouTube
3. Tangled - 306 - No Time Like the Past
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Find A Pet | HD - YouTube
4. Shiki - 5
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Becoming Popular (The Pony Everypony Should Know) | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | The Heart Carol (A Circle of Friends) | HD - YouTube
5. Shiki - 6

"Holidays Unwrapped" was received well enough, but it certainly doesn't feel like an ending. So, despite it being the last big G4 thing that we know of, I didn't really feel a need to make a big deal out of it during the stream.

The Tangled episodes were fun but also had some weird things about them, particularly the second episode, which causes all kinds of headaches if you think about it.

Shiki had an especially slow set of episodes, so the fact that everyone besides me was new to it didn't really give them a good impression. I'll keep the show on the stream for now regardless.

~~~

Round 1 Match 10 of course has "Welcome to the Show" in the lead, but "The Ballad of the Crystal Empire" has managed to get a few votes, putting it in second place. "Friends Are Always There For You" has received one vote.

Round 1 Match 11
A. Becoming Popular

B. Theme Song

C. Rainbow Roadtrip (Opening)

D. Rainbow

E. Time to Come Together

Funny that the song from a major pop singer is very unlikely to win this group.

"Becoming Popular" is the favorite, but I have a soft spot for "Rainbow Roadtrip".

~~~

Nice remix

~~~

Bevin Brand posted her personal concept art for post-graduation EQG characters, and a nice exploration of post-graduation RariJack.
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

And here's the text of the post.
So, up front I feel I need to say that none of the doodles, sketches, and ideas I'm posting now were ever part of or considered for the actual series so far as I know. They were just "what ifs" I did for my own amusement.

Top picture: some doodles of what I imagined some of the cast might look post high school/in their early 20s. Was going to do a full series but didn't end up getting to finish.

Bottom picture: Trying to brainstorm ideas for what everyone might end up doing after graduation. Had plenty of thoughts but only ended up doodling out any for Rarity and AJ. One of the ideas I wanted to play with the most was in exploring options that weren't explored in the FiM story– if this is a multiverse, by extension it supposes that there are no wrongs paths in life, only different ones. Since the characters in EQG are different people than their pony counterparts, this seemed only natural to explore further in the goals they might have in life, or in the paths they end up taking instead of the ones they might have originally thought.

Since AJ are Rarity were considered a couple by our team, coming up with a scenario where they would stay together after high school while still pursuing their own ambitions was quite a challenge. The thought here was that (with a foot in the door from Vignette) Rarity could get an apprenticeship with a world-renowned fashion designer in whatever this universe's version of Paris would be. Despite not having much interest in going abroad, much less living there, AJ decides to go with her and they stay in a small apartment together that they worked together on fixing up and making as cozy and homey as possible. Rarity flourishes but works long hours; AJ doesn't like it and feels lonely and cut off from everything she knows. One day at a cafe, she tastes an apple pastry she's never had before and it sparks something in her. She ends up enrolling in a pastry school to pass the time and sparking a rivalry with one of her snooty classmates spurs her into working incredibly hard and becoming one of the top students in the class. Finding that she has more of a knack for "fancy-pants" pastries than she realized, she starts to find more of a place for herself and a sense of purpose there. She brings home croissants, Rarity brings home take-out, they eat together and talk about their day, and doze off on the couch watching TV. So life in Paris turned out to not be so bad after all, even though it's not something she ever planned on.

I think this is a really interesting concept for post-graduation RariJack. I can't think of many fanfic writers that go with the idea of one pair moving far away from everyone else.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Selected outtakes from the leaks.

A lot of it focuses on the swearing, of course, but there are also some nice candid moments. But yes, also Andrea Libman saying, "Shit," in Fluttershy's voice.

~~~

Round 1 Match 11 has "Becoming Popular" way in the lead, with only the theme song getting a pity vote.

Round 1 Match 12
A. Music in the Treetops & Find the Music in You

B. Seeds of the Past

C. Apples to the Core

D. Legend of Everfree (Opening)

E. Sisterhood

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Just wanted to pop in express my annoyance at how Celestia and Luna consistently get off-screened to prop the main crew up. They don't even bother to explain how they were incapacitated either and expect you to just roll with it. Sure, they don't have the EOH anymore but one would think that millenia old Alicorns would be able to hold their own.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, those Shatner outtakes are weird.

Just wanted to pop in express my annoyance at how Celestia and Luna consistently get off-screened to prop the main crew up. They don't even bother to explain how they were incapacitated either and expect you to just roll with it. Sure, they don't have the EOH anymore but one would think that millenia old Alicorns would be able to hold their own.
At the season 6 finale, I assume?

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Damn, those Shatner outtakes are weird.

At the season 6 finale, I assume?
Yea. There are also other occasions like when
The princesses passed their powers to Twilight to prevent Tirek from obtaining them. Twilight has shown that with their combined powers, she was able to go toe to toe with him on so why didn't they all band together to take him down or at least pass their powers to celestia/luna since they have past experience in fighting wars? I realize I'm being rather critical but I get pretty annoyed whenever strong individuals are neutered to make way for the protagonist to shine.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Yea. There are also other occasions like when
The princesses passed their powers to Twilight to prevent Tirek from obtaining them. Twilight has shown that with their combined powers, she was able to go toe to toe with him on so why didn't they all band together to take him down or at least pass their powers to celestia/luna since they have past experience in fighting wars? I realize I'm being rather critical but I get pretty annoyed whenever strong individuals are neutered to make way for the protagonist to shine.
They do start lampshading this later, but yeah, don't expect Celestia and Luna to do more than like put up a barrier against an actual threat.

By the way, since you're six seasons in, any other thoughts? Particularly regarding things that were controversial at the time: Shining Armor and Cadance being introduced, Discord turning good, Twilight becoming a princess, Twilight's house getting wrecked, Starlight Glimmer turning good, etc.

~~~

Read some fanfics, both RariTwi.

This was a sweet and interesting story. Rarity integrating fabric and scents into her book is a great concept, and you did a good job describing them. I admit it was a bit odd that apparently all of Twilight's friends, including Spike, have passed on except Rarity, with no explanation that I could see.

(Author responded to clarify they aren't dead)

I posted about this one before, but it's complete now.

This was fantastic! Great job; this went way beyond my expectations of a fun RariTwi dream fluff, which I was already enjoying.
I don't know why, but the Equestria Girls world just seems more suited to "emotional problems lead to world-ending catastrophes" stories than pony land.
The way Midnight Sparkle is handled here reminds me a lot of the video game Celeste, with "Badeline".
That was a great exploration of Rarity and Twilight's mental issues, and as mentioned, good job making sure they weren't all tied up by the end, and that that's OK. Nice way to incorporate Nightmare Moon at the end there.

(Author responded to confirm that Celeste was an inspiration)

I really enjoyed this one. Out of the RariTwi Bomb fics, this is now the only story I favorited other than Monochromatic's In Everything But Name.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
They do start lampshading this later, but yeah, don't expect Celestia and Luna to do more than like put up a barrier against an actual threat.

By the way, since you're six seasons in, any other thoughts? Particularly regarding things that were controversial at the time: Shining Armor and Cadance being introduced, Discord turning good, Twilight becoming a princess, Twilight's house getting wrecked, Starlight Glimmer turning good, etc.
I don't really mind Shining Armor and Cadance as characters but I do feel like that they were last minute additions considering how we've never heard of them up until their introduction.

Discord turning good definitely feels out of character for someone who is supposedly the lord of chaos.

Twilight becoming a princess is a head scratcher for me as it didn't really change much in the grand scheme of things. She does a bit of royal PR and can fly but that's about it. It seems to me like the writers didn't really plan ahead or maybe it was due to corporate shenanigans at Hasbro to sell toys.

Twilight's house getting wrecked is another plot point that seemingly lacked purpose beyond introducing the magic table. They could easily make a million other reasons for the gang to visit the places designated by the table.

As for Starlight Glimmer turning good, I'm not against the notion of redeeming a villain but I do think that the better turning point would have been when twilight dragged her into the future instead of their conversation after that. Like Discord, I do think they let them off a bit too easily despite their past transgressions.

Overall, I wouldn't say that I was particularly upset at any of the above plot points but I do think some of them were unnecessary or could have been executed better.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, cheesekao , you should watch the theatrical Movie between the end of season 7 and the start of season 8. They reference it pretty heavily in season 8 (though no character introduced in it appears).

~~~

Round 1 Match 12 has "Apples to the Core" in the lead, with "Music in the Treetops / Find the Music In You" being the only other one to get votes. However, there are fewer voters than previous polls; I suppose a lot of people were just indecisive.

Round 1 Match 13
A. I'm the Friend You Need

B. Celestia's Ballad

C. Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

D. Right There In Front of Me

E. Giggle at the Ghosties

This should be another tough one.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Good Place - 1
2. The Good Place - 2
3. X-Files - 309 - Nisei

The Good Place is a, let's say, comedy that tells the story of Eleanor Shellstrop, a woman who dies and finds herself in "the good place" where she's free to spend her afterlife in comfort. The problem is, there was a mix-up: another woman named Eleanor Shellstrop was supposed to go to the good place, and she was supposed to go to the bad place. Now, she has to figure out how not to expose herself to the administrators of the good place. And things only get more complicated from there.

The beginning of The Good Place isn't the strongest, but it has a lot of important set up for later events, and things move forward quickly.

I said before that I was going to avoid the lore episodes of The X-Files, but I think we should get the good two-parters out of the way. That being this, the one where Mulder boards a train and then X gets in a shootout and then the train blows up; and the two-parter that introduces the Black Oil.

~~~

So Round 1 Match 13 ended up... not how I expected. "Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" is the frontrunner.

Round 1 Match 14
A. The Midnight in Me

B. So Much More to Me

C. The Heart Carol

D. The Vote

E. I'm on a Yacht

I expected this to be a layup for "So Much More to Me", but so far, we have votes for A, D, and E. Yes, "I'm on a Yacht" got a vote.

~~~

Read these fics

I... really didn't have anything to say about this. It's alright.

This was a good story, succeeding in not just the comedy, but also presenting an interesting relationship problem and even a fun adventure. Everything just comes together really well.

Last edited:

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Forgot to rank a bunch of songs as they came, so here they all are in one hit:

1. The Vote
2. The Midnight in Me
3. So Much More to Me
4. The Heart Carol
5. I'm on a Yacht

1. The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
2. Celestia's Ballad
3. Giggle at the Ghosties
4. I'm the Friend You Need
5. Right There in Front of Me

1. Apples to the Core
2. The Seeds of the Past
3. The Legend of Everfree
4. Music in the Treetops & Find the Music in You
5. Sisterhood

1. Becoming Popular
2. Time to Come Together
3. Friendship is Magic Theme
4. Rainbow Roadtrip
5. Rainbow

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any particular reason why the movie character designs are so different compared to the TV show?
To make them look better on the big screen, is the long and short of it. Details like Twilight's horn just poking through her hair instead of her hair going around her horn would be way more obvious on a theater screen, along with their lack of shading.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
To make them look better on the big screen, is the long and short of it. Details like Twilight's horn just poking through her hair instead of her hair going around her horn would be way more obvious on a theater screen, along with their lack of shading.
I understand some of the changes but the characters look more...round and dimensional? It's not really a complaint though as it's neat seeing the show in a different light. Movie is alright though Discord is suspiciously missing.

11-7-19 The Good Place stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream followup, we watched the following
1. The Good Place - 1
2. The Good Place - 2

Only one other person was in the stream, and he couldn't stick around. He liked The Good Place, but this does make continuing to stream the show next week a bit more awkward. I suppose jumping in at the third episode should be fine. Anyway, it was hard not to point out stuff that happens later, especially with some pretty big instances of foreshadowing.

~~~

Round 1 Match 14 is pretty even. "The Midnight in Me" and "The Vote" are tied as frontrunners.

Round 1 Match 15
A. This Strange World

B. School of Friendship

C. So Many Wonders

D. We've Come So Far

E. The Super Duper Party Pony

It's hard to say how this will go. The normal frontrunners would be "So Many Wonders" and "The Super Duper Party Pony", but we may get an upset from an EQG song. I don't think "School of Friendship" is getting any votes.

~~~

Pretty cool animated ponified version of a Devil May Cry trailer. Note that this was originally posted on a Chinese site before the US finale airing.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Round 1 Match 15 turned out to be a blowout for "The Super Duper Party Pony", with nothing else getting votes.

Round 1 Match 16
A. Art of the Dress

B. Let it Rain

C. Rise Up (The Finals Countdown)

D. Jolly Ol' Saint Nick
Bonus to give this more of a chance against songs with visuals

E. Lotta Little Things

So I realized I made a miscalculation. My plan was that with 35 matches in Round 1, the losers go into the loser bracket. In addition to the 35 second place songs, I'll have five more slots to account for ties and such. So, 40 songs.
The loser bracket will then be eight matches with 5 songs, meaning 8 winners.
The 35 Round 1 winners, the 5 byes, and the 8 winners of the losers go into Round 2. 48 songs, in matches of 4 songs. This means 12 winners
A second loser's bracket will add 4 songs back in for 16 songs in Round 3, 1v1. Then, we proceed with 1v1 matches.

However, we actually have 36 matches. 36 winners + 5 byes = 41. Then we have at least 36 losers. I couldn't figure out a good way to handle the losers bracket from there without either making each match too large or having too many matches. So instead, I'm pulling out five weaker songs:
Saved by My Friends
I'm at the Grand Galloping Gala
Foal House
Last Year I Got Coal For Christmas
Bad Counter Spell

Two of the YouTube sitcom theme song parodies (we already voted on one), the one Pinkie ditty from season one that no one bothered to remix, the one holiday album song I was specifically asked to leave out, and that moment in Rainbow Rocks where Twilight sings badly.

I have thus rearranged the groups again, for Match 17 on.

EDIT:

"A beautiful heart" intensifies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like we're getting G4.5 toys after all.

8.jpg

Twi-cat

4.jpg

Not Sweetie Belle. If this gets a story tie-in, I assume this is the villain.

~~~

1390647.gif

1. FiM - 406 - Power Ponies
2. FiM - 415 - Twilight Time
3. Tangled - 307 - Beginnings
4. Tangled - 308 - The King and Queen of Hearts
5. Shiki - 7
6. Shiki - 8

I suppose I'll keep showing FiM episodes at the start.

There are only four Tangled episodes left that have aired, so that will be replaced by something else.

~~~

Round 1 Match 16 was another blowout, with "Art of the Dress" as the frontrunner. Both "Let It Rain" and "Lotta Little Things" got one vote each.

Round 1 Match 17
A. Legend You Are Meant to Be

B. Deck the Halls

C. Fit Right In

D. A Changeling Can Change

E. All Good

~~~

Big old finale art dump... this is all stuff from about a month ago, so still a lot more to go.
1.Rainbow Dash by DimFann on DeviantArt
2.Cheesepie Family by BellBell123 on DeviantArt
3.Future SoarinDash by BellBell123 on DeviantArt
4.Ricardo Spike by M3G4-P0N1 on DeviantArt
5.Generations of Apples by AssasinMonkey on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Teacher CMC by sibashen
2.Older RariTwi by lilfunkman for the fanfic In Everything But Name
3.Friendship is (still) magic by KinGKerO on DeviantArt
4..:Friendship is Forever:. by KarsiTheDog on DeviantArt
5.The End. by LennonBlack on DeviantArt - Older Spike X Rarity
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Thank you from Twilight by fluff-kevlar
2.A Better Way to be Bad (Pic of the week MLPS9E24) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt
3.Revenge Best Served Cold(Pic of the week MLPS9E24) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt
4.Ever After (Pic of the week MLPS9E25) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt
5.Where the Magic Lives (Pic of the week MLPS9E26) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Bravery (Pic of the week MLPS9E25) by JonFawkes on DeviantArt
2.Stone Cozy Glow by smudge proof
3.Luster Dawn by dawnfire
4.Fluttershy Finale Sketch by AntiMationYT on DeviantArt
5.Everything we need is all right here... by VampireSelene13 on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Princess Twilight Sparkle by Orin331 on DeviantArt
2.Remembering that day. by LiveHotsun on DeviantArt
3.Until the End of Time by bobthedalek on DeviantArt
4.Twilight from finale by Theo-0 on DeviantArt
5.MLP FIM - Older Rarity by Joakaha on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Older Twilight by sophieascruggs
2.Older Twilight and memories by selenophile
3.(MLP Finale Spoilers) Luster Dawn by ShootingStarThePony on DeviantArt
4.Older Bon Bon and Lyra by notadeliciouspotato
5.best friends forever by aztrial on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Pony Heart by ThreeTwoTwo32232 on DeviantArt
2.9 Years of MLP by Itoruna-The-Platypus on DeviantArt
3.Older Twilight - This Isn't Goodbye by taaffeiite
4.Remember that time? by iojknmiojknm on DeviantArt - Older Twilight, Older Pony SciTwi, Older Pony Sunset
5.Old cutie (MLP:FIM FlutterShy) by ElisAMK on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Princess Twilight Sparkle by teacozy1 on DeviantArt
2.NEVER GONE by Emerald-Light on DeviantArt
3.Princess Twilight by CoffiiCorgii on DeviantArt
4.Tirek and Twilight by TheRealAkiNeko on DeviantArt
5.Twilights journey | 2010 - 2019 by sardaukargt on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Discord X Older Fluttershy with lunch bag by sansdy
2.Discord X Older Fluttershy holding hooves/hands by sansdy
3.Chaos Cozy Glow by mangoshibi
4.Older Twilight by farewelldecency
5.Older Twilight by annakitsun3
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Cozy Glow Commission! by NellJoestar on DeviantArt
2.Magic by AngusDra on DeviantArt
3.Older Twilight with clouds shaped like the other Mane Six by kurogewapony / poponkaponpon
4.Older Rarity chasing Older Spike by grotezco
5.MLP Thank you and Goodbye by RobbieCave on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Gloomy Luster Dawn by Orin331 on DeviantArt
2.End of an Era by SacredRoses-Art on DeviantArt
3.Princess Twilight Sparkle by Redahfuhrerking on DeviantArt
4.Older Twilight by oc_ponys
5.+ every end is a new beginning + by fluffideer on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Timeskip Twilight Sparkle by Blue-Paint-Sea on DeviantArt
2.The New Princess by Noodleteeth on DeviantArt
3.Older Twilight X Luna by lulubell
4.MLP FIM - Older Fluttershy by Joakaha on DeviantArt
5.The End to Friendship by Shimmer-Fox on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Luster Dawn by PiriPaints on DeviantArt
2.MLP FIM - Older Rainbow Dash by Joakaha on DeviantArt
3.Older Twilight by pearlescent
4.Celestia's Message by RuushiiCZ on DeviantArt
5.You Will Pay For That! by Blackligerth on DeviantArt - Starlight vs. Chrysalis
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

But jumping ahead to something brand new.

medium.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I think these Starlight videos are getting long in the tooth. It looks like the next one will be a grand finale, though.

Cute cover. It's remarkable how long this song has remained in the anime mindshare.

11-10-19 Power Ponies stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream followup, we watched the following.
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Happy Monthiversary | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Piggy Dance | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | The Flim Flam Brothers Song | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | The Perfect Stallion | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Cranky Doodle Donkey | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Welcome Song | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Cranky Doodle Joy | HD - YouTube
1. FiM - 406 - Power Ponies
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Pinkie Pie - Smile Song | HD - YouTube
2. FiM - 415 - Twilight Time
*.MLP:FiM | Music | B.B.B.F.F. | HD - YouTube
3. Tangled - 307 - Beginnings
*.This Day Aria - MLP FiM - Cadance + Chrysalis (song) - YouTube
4. Tangled - 308 - The King and Queen of Hearts
*.My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Love is in Bloom (Official Extended Version / 1080p) - YouTube
5. Shiki - 7
*.Failure Success Song (with Reprise) from MLP: FiM: The Crystal Empire - YouTube

I forgot a lot of how "Power Ponies" went, so it was fun to watch again. I forgot how much emphasis the Castle of the Two Sisters had in the early part of season 4. It's clear they intended for Twilight to move in there, but they changed their mind about the castle later. Biggest issue is that the Castle of the Two Sisters is way out in Everfree, making it awkward for Twilight to live there. "Twilight Time" is alright, not much else to say there. Oh, well I did forget about Twilight wiping off her face with her burger. Truly elegant behavior.

The Tangled episodes were fun. It's still weird that it took until now for the season to even bring up again that the King and Queen got their memories erased.

Shiki brought back an annoying character as an undead and gave him a bunch of focus, so everyone was pretty checked out of the episode. Thus, we stopped the stream early. Looks like we're going to drop it.

We'll be out of Tangled episodes after next week, so I'll need a replacement for that too.

~~~

In Round 1 Match 17, everything got a vote except for "All Good", but the front runner is... "Fit Right In". I have to say I didn't see that coming.

Round 1 Match 18
A. Off to See the World

B. Luna's Future

C. True Original

D. Light of Your Cutie Mark

E. Morning in Ponyville / Life in Equestria

This should be another tough one.

~~~

Oh, I didn't realize this guy already made a season 9 memoir video.

Another good series finale PMV, more dialogue heavy than usual.

Good Starlight themed PMV

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Round 1 Match 18 has gotten only four votes total, with "Light of Your Cutie Mark" and "Morning in Ponyville / Life in Equestria" tied.

Round 1 Match 19
A. What More Is Out There - Twilight and Sunset Duet

B. Friendship U

C. What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me

D. Blank Flanks Forever

E. Happy Monthiversary

I expected "What More is Out There" to easily win this, but so far, it's gotten just one vote.

~~~

More finale art.
1.Until next time by kprovido on DeviantArt - Humanized
2.Coronation Twilight by artiks
3.Ages of Twilight by mythril silver
4.Twilight Sparkle by JLKatlass on DeviantArt
5.This is where the magic happens by VampireSelene13 on DeviantArt - Pinkie
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Sparity Future by Pia-sama on DeviantArt
2.Princess Twilight Sparkle: Deluxe Edition by Tim-Kangaroo on DeviantArt
3.Twilight is huge now by davierocket
4.Starlight glimmer it is not over in Ms-paint by sallycars on DeviantArt
5.Magic by UnicornGutz on DeviantArt - Ages of Twilight
2172170.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Older Rarity by fox-pox / ziggyfoxx
2.This is where the magic lives by VampireSelene13 on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
3.Older Twilight by squeaky-belle
4.Starlight Glimmer Sketch 2 by HitBass on DeviantArt
5.Last battle by HananPacha on DeviantArt - Starlight vs. Chrysalis
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Ages of Twilight by petapala
2.Luster Dawn by kimjoman on DeviantArt
3.Older Twilight thank you by charcoaly
4.His Little Sister Best Friend Forever by poecillia-gracilis19 on DeviantArt - Twilight and Shining Armor
5.Chaos Pinkie by Mad--Munchkin on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Olders by redrose26
2.Older Rainbow and Scootaloo with artificial wings by author92
3.Party Family by Infogirl101 on DeviantArt
4.Mare of the Highest Rarity by Gennamon on DeviantArt
5.The Future Six by alexeigribanov on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten a low number of votes for a couple polls in a row, so taking a break for a day to see if that helps.

~~~

More finale art. Going to try to get this out of the way a bit at a time.
1.60 Annees by JekiDrawings on DeviantArt - Older Rarity
2.Older Hug by khankhan
3.oh dang it's Starlight by Scarletskitty12 on DeviantArt
4.MLP FIM - Older Applejack by Joakaha on DeviantArt
5.Friendship Never Ends! by Darksly-z on DeviantArt - Older Twilight and Celestia
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Princess Twilight watching Twilight Sparkle by nutsfify on DeviantArt
2.MLP FIM - Older Pinkie Pie by Joakaha on DeviantArt
3.Olders by saveraedae
4.Princess Twilight Sparkle by SadTrooper on DeviantArt
5.The Cutest Colt by Ferwildir on DeviantArt - Li'l Cheese
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Olders by moonseeker
2.Feelings Never Change by Vantiss on DeviantArt - Older Rarity X Applejack
3.Ages of Twilight by tassji-s
4.Cold Change by AssasinMonkey on DeviantArt - Starlight vs. Chrysalis
5.Older Twilight with super long legs by artiks
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Twilight and Luster Dawn by enigmadoodles
2.Make some friends by Avrameow on DeviantArt - Twilight, Luster, and Celestia
3.Twilight protecc by Orin331 on DeviantArt
4.Pinkie and Li'l Cheese by farewelldecency
5.Older Derpy and Mayor Mare by cookieboy011
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Older Twilight by avery-valentine
2.Older Starlight by gintoki23
3.Applejack X Rainbow by zxid94
4.Older Rainbow and Applejack by ryuu
5.Alicorn Princess Twilight by alicorn-without-horn on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

Comics
Smolder and Ocellus aging by 6jjcgf0d1etqx1tp
tall.png

Older Twilight thanking everyone by glimglam
large.png

Good remix

My Little Pony: Pony Life announced
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

My Little Pony: Pony Life series announced (G4.5)

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/13/my-little-pony-pony-life-first-look-lizzo/ (EDIT: Reupload) Yes, that's "Good as Hell". This premieres on Discovery Family in 2020. This gives strong Teen Titans Go vibes, with an unexpected resemblance to those old PONY.MOV fan videos. For those wondering...

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Good Place - 3
2. The Good Place - 4
3. X-Files - 315 - Piper Maru

Decided to change what X-FIles episode I'm showing. This introduces probably the most famous X-Files monster, the Black Oil.

~~~

Alright, for Round 1 Match 19, we managed to get more votes, and surprisingly, neither song I expected to lead ("What More Is Out There" duet and "What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me") is even in the top two. Instead, the front runners are "Happy Monthiversary" and "Blank Flanks Forever".

Round 1 Match 20

A. Helping Twilight Sparkle Win the Crown

B. Better Way to Be Bad

C. Days Gone By
Fan animation:

D. In Our Town

E. Make This Castle a Home

I'd say the big competition would be between A and C, but who knows at this point.

~~~

Getting close to the end of these.

~~~

More finale art.
1.The Magic of Friendship Grows by riocin765 on DeviantArt
2.Nostalgia by FlutterstormReturns on DeviantArt - Olders
3.Let's not I guess by Ljdamz1119 on DeviantArt - Luster Dawn
4.Ages of Twilight by crystalightrocket
5.Ages of Twilight and Spike by template93
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Starlight Is Overpowered by alicorn-without-horn on DeviantArt
2.Older Rainbow hugging Lightning Dust by /d/non
3.[FA]New Princess by Clefficia on DeviantArt[/FA][FA] - Older Twilight
4.Headmare Glimmer by AkakunDA on DeviantArt
5.Giant Pinkie Pie by LuneBat on DeviantArt - Chaos form
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Rainbow meme with Twilight by stuwor-art
2.Ages of Rainbow by spritepony
3.Happy Ol' Applejack by Faline-art on DeviantArt
4.Older Rarity by siripim111
5.MLP finale by Puriko-Tairaseki on DeviantArt - Rule 63 humanized olders
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Lusterdawn by CCKittyCreative on DeviantArt
2.S9Finale - Future Fluttercord by luminaura on DeviantArt
3.Blessed Maretrimony by MustLoveFrogs on DeviantArt - Anthro Lyra and Bon Bon wedding
4.Ages of Twilight by metalaura
5.Luster Dawn by pencil bolt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Pinkie and Li'l Cheese by aureai-sketches
2.Pinkie Pie and Li'l cheese - Boop by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
3.Older Rarity by jojohernandez
4.Pinkie and Li'l Cheese by switchsugar
5.Menacing Older Spike by kazachokolate
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Older Rainbow with old hairstyle by infrayellow
2.AppleDash by lRUSU on DeviantArt
3.Forever Friends by Sycotei-B on DeviantArt - Olders
4.Then and Now by Sycotei-B on DeviantArt - Above with an old picture
5.A pie family comic by romanticponydream on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Thank You by hobilo25
2.Older Twilight by dawnfire
3.Old Love by EeviArt on DeviantArt - Older Rainbow X Applejack
4.Luster Dawn and Unicorn Twilight by yakieringi014
5.Older Rarity and Applejack by virtualkidavenue
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Starlight and Sunburst with Baby Luster Dawn by barkbitez
2.Pinkie and Li'l Cheese by lumineko
3.Villain Gang by assasinmonkey
4.Older Rarity by tamiks333
5.Starlight and redesigned Ultimate Chrysalis by auroriia
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

Comics

Luster as Starlight and Sunburst's daughter by edhelistar
large.png

Ages of the CMC by stellardust
large.png

Cozy tells a joke by heir-of-rick
large.jpeg
[/fa]

Comic - Friendship is Magic #84
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, a comic came out yesterday.

Friendship is Magic #84
In this story, Twilight assigns her class a project so they can show what they learned without using a test. Ocellus goes overboard and overworks herself, but then finds a good balance.
346creatures.png

Pretty straightforward story, but I thought it was nice. Despite one of the covers and the synopsis, Twilight doesn't actually appear much in this story. If I had to choose who to list as a focus character other than Ocellus, it would be Silverstream. She's the one who shows the most concern for Ocellus, and is also... oddly affectionate throughout the story.
Screenshot_2019-11-14-13-35-44.png

Screenshot_2019-11-14-13-35-59.png

Screenshot_2019-11-14-13-36-12.png

Screenshot_2019-11-14-13-39-44.png

Artwise, it's pretty cute, though Ocellus's transformations could be confusing at times. She does a bunch in a row, and this is shown by... just having all of the creatures she's transforming into in the same panel.
dance_set1.png

Silver Quill's review has a lot more to say than I did, mainly stuff I noticed but blanked on bringing up. Twilight is presented really well here, with her recognizing her tendency to go overboard and working to fix that in herself and not encourage the same behavior in her students. Ocellus's problem, thinking she has to carry the burden of demonstrating how changelings have changed, is compelling. All the students are presented well here, including through visuals. Silver Quill also liked the way transformations were handled, unlike me. The big thing I didn't notice is how we got glimpses of the lessons in the school and they tied into the problem here, something the show bizarrely never did.

bear_lesson.png

Overall, this is a really nice but straightforward issue. There is a forced Saved by the Bell caffeine pill scene reference, though.

11-14-19 X-Files Piper Maru stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Good Place - 3
2. The Good Place - 4
3. X-Files - 315 - Piper Maru

Got a bit more people this time... by one. And they stayed the whole time!

The Good Place had the first big twist of the show, with the proper introduction of Jason. I've forgotten a lot of the mid-season stuff that happens, including the various ways the neighborhood gets screwed up.

As mentioned before, this will be the last big lore episode I plan on showing. I figured just saying "there's a conspiracy" would be enough to paper over any confusing bits for new people, but I failed to take Krycek into consideration. He used to be a conspiracy guy, but was betrayed and is now acting on his own. This episode had some nice bits, but was mostly set up. I had forgotten the Black Oil demonstrated its radiation blasts at this point; I remembered it as a later development. The episode had a really dumb and awkward "stop assuming my gender" sequence that I didn't remember at all.

~~~

More people are voting now. Round 1 Match 20 went in a more expected direction, though not fully. "Helping Twilight Sparkle Win the Crown" and "Better Way to Be Bad" are tied.

Round 1 Match 21
A. The Goof Off

B. Good Vibes

C. This Day Aria

D. We Wish You a Merry Christmas

E. Cranky Doodle Joy

~~~

Some non-finale art, since this is getting a month behind too.
1.Smoulder X Ocellus - Future Ponies by VampireSelene13 on DeviantArt
2.Twidash | Seventeen! by 6-Fingers-Lover on DeviantArt
3.Look at these nerds by Scarletskitty12 on DeviantArt - Sunburst X Twilight
4.Darling by Marenlicious on DeviantArt - Rarity
5.Two Wandering Lovers by KittyIsAWolf on DeviantArt - Discord X Celestia
medium.png

medium.png

2176595.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Silverstream by emberslament
2.RariDash with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle by raridashdoodles
3.Bride Cadance by ayahana
4.Halloween vampire Octavia by ayahana
5.Fluttershy with butterfly by noupu
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Chrysalis by mosamosa_n
2.TwiDash by Manella-Art on DeviantArt
3.Celestia by tohupo
4.Human and Pony Sunset by uotapo
5.Two demon friends by Avrameow on DeviantArt - Pony Sunset and SciTwi
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Mane Six by shanooloo
2.Student Six #325 by Sintakhra on DeviantArt - Gallus pinching Ocellus's cheeks
3.sad pinkie :c by Noupie on DeviantArt
4.S'more Rarity by silverfox057
5.Cozy, Chrysalis, and Tirek official fan art by ohjeetorig (Tori Grant)
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Alicorn Trixie and her mom (from the comics) by dragonpone
2.Trixie brushing by anti1mozg
3.Twilight Sparkle 10 26 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
4.Wedding //commission// by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Lyra and Bon Bon
5.Fluttershy in a sweater by shadowreindeer
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

Comic
Sunshine and Moonbeams - Perks of dating Celestia by anticular
large.png

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Well, no broken expectations with Round 1 Match 21. It was a blowout for "This Day Aria".

Round 1 Match 22
A. Love is in Bloom

B. Find the Purpose in Your Life

C. 5 to 9

D. Just Can't Be a Dragon Here

E. The Place Where We Belong

I expect this to be another blowout.

~~~

I updated this fic with chapter 2: Twilight Doesn't Want to Be in Love
www.fimfiction.net

RariTwi: Love is War

Rarity and Twilight are in love. Now if only they could get the other to admit it. Inspired by the anime/manga Kaguya-sama: Love is War.

~~~

Some more finale art.
1.Older Flurry Heart by ryuyo
2.Luster Dawn OK Boomer by paskanaakka
3.EQG Older Rarity by sketchmcreations
4.Twilight and Luster Dawn video games by tjpones
5.Older Flurry Heart by galacticguardian / jubyskylines
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Starlight walking away by lou
2.Twilight coronation dress by luciferamon
3.Olders by gravityfying
4.Older Twilight, Celestia, and Luna by darkest-lunar-flower
5.Older Twilight official fan art by ohjeetorig (Tori Grant)
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Older Twilight and Pinkie immortality by omny87
2.Starlight, Sunburst, and Luster by wolfkice
3.Older Twilight by mn27
4.Older Rainbow and Applejack by morsyr
5.Older AppleDash by doraeartdreams-aspy
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Older AppleDash by pharosite
2.Older FlutterDash by virtualkidavenue
3.Tempest reacting to size difference with Older Twilight by virtualkidavenue
4.Older Spike X Smolder by dragonfoxgirl
5.Olders by christinadrawin / romaniz
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Older Twilight by mad--munchkin
2.Luster Dawn by livehotsun
3.Older Twilight by pantheracantus
4.Ages of Rainbow by chub-wub
5.Luster Dawn by bennimarru
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Nice PMVs

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Holidays Unwrapped is being put on YouTube in short form. It has title cards now!

~~~

Oh right, I should post the Holidays Unwrapped fan art from when it first aired outside the US, and the art since.
1.Untitled by haibaratomoe on DeviantArt - Rarity X Applejack
2.Your hand is cold by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Rarity X Applejack
3.rarijack by haibaratomoe on DeviantArt
4.Holyday Unwrapped outfit by Anonix123 on DeviantArt - Rarity X Applejack
5.rarijack by haibaratomoe on DeviantArt - You know, none of the shorts even had anything particularly Rarijacky, this is all just "drawing Rarijack with the new outfits"
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Carrot Sunset by sozglitch
2.MLP EG Jojoreference by RittaruZira on DeviantArt - Sunset vs Applejack Jojo
3.kiss me! kiss me! by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Rarity X Applejack
4.Untitled by omame0521 on DeviantArt - Wiz Kid X Curly Winds
5.applejack by haibaratomoe on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Rainbow reacting to Applejack and her motorcycle by dcon
2.Trixie by umejiru
3.Sunset ready to snowball fight by sozglitch
4.Sunset defeated by sozglitch
5.Sunset by baigak
6.Rainbow getting her cheeks squished by ryuu
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

~~~

Finishing off the finale art dump, and after this, finale art will just be mixed in with everything else.
1.Together by LA-ndy on DeviantArt
2.I Have Taught You Well by HorsesPlease on DeviantArt - Starlight teaching Luster self-booping
3.Friendship is Magic by Aschenstern on DeviantArt
4.Timeskip Fluttershy by MusicFireWind on DeviantArt
5.Comm: The Tears by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Older Twilight
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Happy Ol' Applejack (2019 Colorized) by Faline-art on DeviantArt
2.MLP [Next Gen ] Good time by VelveagicSentryYT on DeviantArt - Ages of Twilight
3.Badass Starlight by dawnfire
4.Older Fluttershy by l-yovushka
5.little and not so little cheeses by WhalePornoz on DeviantArt

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Luster Dawn by Livitoza on DeviantArt
2.Fluttershy and Discord by Yukita-Rain on DeviantArt
3.The magic of friendship grows... by ShiningLovelyStar on DeviantArt - Ages of Twilight
4.MLP Twilight Sparkling by Rurihal on DeviantArt - Older Batpony Twilight
5.An Apple to the Core by Doodle-Mark on DeviantArt - Ages of Applejack
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Dawn by wikatoria71 on DeviantArt - Pinkie and Li'l Cheese
2.Beyond the Coronation by AssasinMonkey on DeviantArt - Twilight
3.Lets Open A New Book by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Olders
4.Once A Detective, Always A Detective by Mew-Me on DeviantArt - Older Twilight and Spike
5.still kind and cute by belka-sempai on DeviantArt - Older Fluttershy
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.the party will still be here by belka-sempai on DeviantArt - Pinkie
2.Older Twilight by share dast
3.Olders stickers by lrusu
4.always magnifique by L-Yovushka on DeviantArt - Rarity
5.Older Twilight and piggles by tjpones
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Older Twilight Sparkle in Paris by Obeliskgirljohanny on DeviantArt
2.MLP Villains Comparison by WitchTaunter on DeviantArt
3.Super Chrysalis by Andy Price
4.Like Fine Wine Darling, by LennonBlack on Newgrounds - Older Rarity
5.Older Twilight by rutkotka
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Friends Forever by CandyClumsy on DeviantArt - Ages of Twilight
2.Older Twilight by erufi
3.The first sunset of New Life by ShiningLovelyStar on DeviantArt - Luster Dawn
4.MLP:YL - Mane 6 (+Spike) by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt
5.Anthro Older Rarity dressed as Cruella de Vil by fox-pox
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.So long, little ponies by PiemationsArt on DeviantArt
2.Thank you MLP by KelNiferion on DeviantArt
3.Pinkie and Li'l Cheese by raresse
4.Older Smolder by gintoki23
5.Alicorn Cozy Glow by darklight1315
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Princess Twilight Sparkle by lRUSU on DeviantArt
2.Applejack by lRUSU on DeviantArt
3.Rarity by lRUSU on DeviantArt - And the others were done by this artist too.
4.MLP - Friendship Forever by Rosey-Raven on DeviantArt
5.Laughter is the Best Medicine by Doodle-Mark on DeviantArt - Ages of Pinkie
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.We Made Our Mark by Litrojia on DeviantArt - Ages of CMC
2.You'll play your part by StStayss on DeviantArt - Older Twilight
3.Farewell Gen 4 by SeishinAnn on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. FiM - 116 - Sonic Rainboom
2. FiM - 416 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies
3. Tangled - 309 - Day of the Animals
4. Tangled - 310 - Be Very Afraid
5. Fushigi Yuugi - 1
6. Fushigi Yuugi - 2

We actually haven't streamed "Sonic Rainboom" since 2017. The other FiM episode is one we've never streamed.

We're out of Tangled episodes after this. She-Ra seems like it would be a good option for a replacement, if people don't have other suggestions.

I was in a conversation about the shoujo origins of isekai, and that made me think of a 90's anime I watched second-hand ages ago and barely remember, Fushigi Yuugi. A girl finds herself stuck in another world inside a book full of hunky guys where she's cast in the role of priestess, and her best friend is turned into the book's villain, leading to drama. It has a pretty great opening.

History has shown that shoujo seems to work better in the stream than other anime types, so might as well. If it doesn't work out, then I can just switch to another series.

~~~

With Round 1 Match 22, "Love is in Bloom" and "The Place Where We Belong" are tied... because there's only been two votes.

Round 1 Match 23
A. Hop Skip and Jump

B. My Past Is Not Today

C. Find the Magic

D. Cloudsdale's Anthem

E. I've Got to Find a Way

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Discovery Family

@discoveryfamily

Alright ponies...it's your last day to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on the Discovery Family GO app before they fly back to Equestria.📱➡️ http://bit.ly/dfcGOsmart
View image on Twitter
4:55 AM - Nov 17, 2019

I can't imagine many here watched the show through the Discovery Family Go app, but this is another reminder that FiM is really over.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Last Agrol look back! You know, I don't think I've seen a lot of the GIFs included.
(checks)
Ah, because no one put them on Derpibooru.

11-17-19 Fushigi Yuugi stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Stream followup
*.MLP:FiM | Music | The Ballad of the Crystal Empire | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Babs Seed | HD - YouTube
1. FiM - 116 - Sonic Rainboom
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Raise This Barn | HD - YouTube
2. FiM - 416 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies
*.MLP:FiM "Morning in Ponyville" Song 1080p w/Lyrics in Description - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me | HD - YouTube
3. Tangled - 309 - Day of the Animals
*.MLP:FiM | Music | I've Got to Find a Way | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | A True, True Friend | HD - YouTube
4. Tangled - 310 - Be Very Afraid
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Celestia's Ballad | HD - YouTube
*.MLP:FiM | Music | Behold, Princess Twilight Sparkle | HD - YouTube
5. Fushigi Yuugi - 1
*.Life in Equestria - MLP FiM Song [1080p] MP3 - YouTube
*.This Strange World | MLP: Equestria Girls [HD] - YouTube
6. Fushigi Yuugi - 2

"Sonic Rainboom" is still good, but there are a lot of odd things about it. Rarity is actually presented really well in the first half of the episode, before suddenly crashing into jerk territory for the second half. Pinkie immediately retrieves a book with a wing spell for Twilight, which is a fine gag on its own, but then Pinkie needlessly explains that book fell on her face; given Faust's tweet about being given notes to tone down Pinkie's zaniness, I wonder if this was one of those instances. Those stallions calling Rainbow "Rainbow Crash" have oddly young-sounding voices, and they're also given an odd amount of focus here and in "Cutie Mark Chronicles", which even without their later lack of appearances, felt strange. They just don't stand out compared to the likes of Gilda and Trixie. This is the first time we actually see the Wonderbolts, and setting the tone for their later appearances, they get knocked out by Rarity and have to be saved by Rainbow.

In retrospect, it's funny seeing how many of the Cloudsdale background ponies are just Ponyville ponies with wings pasted on. Also, compared to new locations introduced later, Cloudsdale is pretty plain and flat looking.

I recall defending "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies" back in the day, but it isn't a good episode. The fragility of the breezies is just annoying and you're left wondering how they can possibly survive on their own, and they're freeloaders on top of it. Then there's the way the episode basically ends with five minutes to go so they have to pad it out. It does have some nice Flutters moments, though.

The Tangled episodes were decent enough. These are the newest episodes to have aired, so we're going to swap this out with another show. I'm going with She-Ra unless there are other suggestions.

Fushigi Yuugi was pretty standard shoujo anime. People seemed to like it well enough, but also weren't too enthused. I'll give it a couple more streams and then swap it out if there's still little interest.

With the MLP songs, we're reaching the point where entire streams will be songs from one thing.

~~~

Round 1 Match 23 is going about as expected, with "I've Got to Find a Way" in the lead and "My Past Is Not Today" right behind it.

Round 1 Match 24
A. Equestria Girls 1 Opening Titles

B. Out On My Own

C. Pinkie's Present

D. Coinky-Dink World

E. Equestria Girls Forever

~~~

Cute fanfic.

~~~

Phantom of the Opera song
Has really nice art

Good remix

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Round 1 Match 24 features "Pinkie's Present" far in the lead.

Round 1 Match 25
A. Awesome As I Wanna Be

B. The Other Side

C. One Small Thing

D. We're Friendship Bound

E. It's a Pony Kind of Christmas

~~~

We have some writer information. The only returning Pony writer seems to be the writer of Sunset's Backstage Pass and other EQG and FiM shorts. Others are new to MLP.
(my addition) Whitney Ralls - Sunset's Backstage Pass, some EQG shorts
Katie Chilson - Writer for Chomp Squad, Horse Sense, some EqG shorts and the FiM short Teacher of the Month
Taneka Stotts - Writer for Steven Universe: Future and Craig of the Creek, both shows on CN
Dave Horwitz - Recent writer for Rick and Morty among a lot of other writing credits
Greg Levine - Writer, Script and Continuity for Parks and Rec
Josh Brown - Writer for Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on Nickelodeon

Last edited:
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Round 1 Match 25 features "One Small Thing" as the front runner.

Round 1 Match 26

A. Rules of Rarity

B. We Got the Beat

C. Make a Wish

D. At the Gala

E. Let the Rainbow Remind You

~~~

I read this older fic, and it was good. The explorations of different nations, before the show proper really got around to it, was nice.

~~~

Was going to do an art dump, but it looks like Derpibooru is down so *shrug*

Comic - Feats of Friendship #3 (end)
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Good Place - 5
2. The Good Place - 6
3. X-Files - 316 - Apocrypha

Next week's Thursday is Thanksgiving, meaning probably no stream then, but we'll see. Then after that we're in December, meaning Christmas streams. So this will probably be the last normal stream of the year.

~~~

Feats of Friendship #3 (end)
Thus we reach the end of the miniseries, and it unexpectedly doesn't resolve Swift Foot's storyline, seemingly leaving it for the "season 10" comics coming later. Also I guess I was just mistaken about the Storm King symbol, since they don't mention him at all.

The Student Six fight and Swift Foot realizes she didn't actually want this. We get a flashback, which has a color filter that confused me at first, because only Swift Foot herself serves as a color reference, and I assumed at first that her hair is naturally a different color and she changed her hair when coming to Equestria, but I realized otherwise. Anyway, through the flashback, we see Swift Foot's sisters, who have nice designs.
evil_sisters.png

The king of Thrace, Diomedes, decides for... reasons, that they need to break up the Student Six in order to demonstrate that friendship is weak. He already has a full write-up of them and forged documentation for Swift Foot to use. It's a bit contrived and a bit inexplicable, but it works well enough for MLP's setting I suppose.
diomedes_plan.png

Back in the present, we get a really nice sequence of the Students all making up with each other, despite Swift Foot being sure this would be the breaking point. It turns out the others actually had been learning Yakkish, though they still can't speak it well, and everyone apologizes to each other, all without realizing Swift Foot's role in their fight.
mayo_trout_bike.png
Screenshot_2019-11-20-17-47-28-1.png

They then team up to fight an illusory hydra and easily take it out by working together, though Ocellus does most of the work by turning into a hydra herself. Seriously, Ocellus has been pretty OP this miniseries.
ocellus_as_hydra.png

During the award ceremony, Swift Foot is absent. She decides to go back to Thrace, hoping to convince them that friendship is good.
ponyville_cg.png

Overall, I thought this was a really good miniseries. It was nice to see more exploration of the conflicts that would naturally come from different species mingling and becoming friends for the first time, and Swift Foot is an interesting character. In retrospect, I'm a bit surprised we never got a "villain is befriended who then has to face their former superiors" character in FiM before; that was actually fairly common back in the first G1 cartoon.

Silver Quill's review mentions the Mares of Thrace of Greek mythology, who Hercules / Heracles had to tame in one of his Labors. They were fierce man-eating horses, which explains why Thrace is anti-friendship here in MLP. Even the names of Swift Foot and her sisters are all references to the Mares of Thrace: Podargos (the swift), Lampon (the shining), Xanthos (the yellow) and Deinos (the terrible). MLP-ified, they are Swift Foot, Shining Light, Blonn Di, and Terri Belle. And of course, the king, Diomedes, is named after the man who owned the Mares of Thrace. Clever. Though Blonn Di and Terri Belle still aren't good names.

He also points out that Swift Foot realizing she was wrong on her own is better than her being rescued by the Student Six and realizing they're good that way, which indeed is a direction they easily could have gone.

go_team.png

Silver Quill is suspicious about whether we'll get a followup, given past plot threads that have been dropped, but I think we'll see Thrace and its mares again.

~~~

Watched the The Toys That Made Us episode about MLP
The Toys that Made Us MLP episode was pretty good. Best of the season, I'd say.
I was worried they'd focus too much on G4, but they spent the perfect amount of time on it. It was also a pretty good move getting Lauren Faust in early as just a G1 fan, explaining how girls played with the toys.

~~~

Round 1 Match 26 features "At the Gala" in the lead, with "Rules of Rarity" in second.

Round 1 Match 27
A. Piggy Dance

B. Find a Pet

C. Silent Night

D. One More Day

E. Under Our Spell

~~~

Though it's still pretty clearly robotic, this is still impressive. If this is gone, it's an automated version of Twilight's voice reading the marine copypasta.

Last edited:
11-21-19 X-Files Apocrypha stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Good Place - 5
2. The Good Place - 6
3. X-Files - 316 - Apocrypha

We had someone who hadn't watched the previous The Good Place episodes, but they still enjoyed it.

About X-Files, these two episodes went way more into the weeds about the lore and conspiracy than I remembered, but it looked like people enjoyed today's episode well enough. Even if you don't really know what's going on, there are still car chases and shocking reveals. In any case, this is the last lore episode I intend to stream. Unless you count "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man".

I'm unsure if I'll stream on Thanksgiving next week, but lots of people in the stream aren't in the US and thus wouldn't be affected by Thanksgiving.

~~~

Round 1 Match 27 surprisingly features "One More Day" beating "Find a Pet".

Round 1 Match 28
A. Generosity

B. Jingle Bells

C. The True Gift of Giving

D. Cranky Doodle Donkey

E. The Battle for Sugar Belle

~~~

Nice Trixie PMV

Good dance PMV

~~~

Art dump, month old art.
1.Fluttershy portrait by HowXu on DeviantArt - Anthro
2.Sunset vs. Pinkie Goose by 5mmumm5
3.Applejack and Rainbow vs. Pinkie Goose by 5mmumm5
4.Fluttershy tames Pinkie Goose by 5mmumm5
5.SciTwi vs. Pinkie Goose by 5mmumm5
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Pinkie vs. Pinkie Goose by 5mmumm5
2.Rarity and Pinkie Goose with flower by 5mmumm5
3.Sunset X SciTwi by 5mmumm5
4.Luna Rk900 - Commission by Mithriss on DeviantArt
5.Bon Bon is an agent by d.w.h.cn
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Crystal Royalty by Mn27 on DeviantArt - Cadance family
2.Pinkie by tohupo
3.Pinkie and Rainbow drawings by vdru7
4.Com.: Autumn walk by Siansaar on DeviantArt - EQG Fluttershy X Rainbow
5.cadence by 9seconds on DeviantArt - Cadance
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.My MLP Gen 5 by Autumn-Dreamscape on DeviantArt
2.Bored Celestia and Luna by dstears
3.Pretty Rarity by Zefir-ka on DeviantArt
4.A Busy Busy Princess by SpiderShii on DeviantArt - Twilight
5.Shining Armor will be mine by ninetail-fox on DeviantArt - Chrysalis disguised as Cadance
medium.png

large.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.SciTwi and PonyTwi by uotapo
2.Pony and Kotobukiya Fluttershy by menko_e
3.Fluttershy 10 30 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
4.Wandering off the paths - Rarity by TokoKami on DeviantArt
5.fluttershy by Himairi on DeviantArt - Fluttergoth
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Comic - February 2020 solicitation
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

EJ8Id54VUAAPhEB.jpg

Note that AJ is wearing a white undershirt, which can be hard to tell like this. Frills and high heels really kill this otherwise good design, I feel.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #87
Ted Anderson (w) • Tony Fleecs (a & CVR A) • Sara Richard (CVR B) • Muffy Levy (1:10 RI CVR)
STL144833.jpg

Strap in, sports fans, because it's time for the biggest race in Equestria-the Draytona Breach 500! And where there's a race, there's Rainbow Dash, ready to be trained by the most unlikely of ponies... Big Macintosh?! Meanwhile, a plunderer of ancient antiquities known as Sacks Roamer throws a wrench into the competition when he steals a priceless artifact. It promises to be the fast and the furriest in this brand-new My Little Pony adventure!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Estimated Street Date: February 19th, 2020

Not feeling this story, but that cover is gorgeous.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Holidays Unwrapped short 2 is up. The title card is "Saving Pinkie's Pie". Odd that they'd change one war movie reference to another.

~~~

Round 1 Match 28 is the first one in a while where votes are split between all but one song. "Generosity" is in the lead, with "Battle for Sugar Belle" in second.

Round 1 Match 29
A. We'll Make Our Mark

B. Cutie Mark Crusaders

C. Rappin' History of the Wonderbolts

D. I Can Do It On My Own

E. Better Than Ever

~~~

Read fanfics

First, there was an update to
www.fimfiction.net

A Slice of Cheese

If everyone could see themselves as L'il Cheese saw them, the world would be a much brighter place. A story about love in the shape of laughter.

The Vikings: That was a really nice chapter, with great use of child logic.

And three Sunlight fics from the same author.

Finally got around to reading this. It was really cute, and felt in character for everyone, especially Twilight forgetting about the status she set. Though I admit I felt like an old man reading terms I wasn't familiar with, haha.

Nice and beautifully described simple story. You did a great job depicting Twilight's attraction to Sunset during a normal interaction. The ambiguous ending was nicely done too.

This was good. Less ambiguous ending than the previous part.

~~~

Art dump, still old.
1.Applejack apple 1 by notenoughapples
2.Applejack apple 2 by notenoughapples
3.Applejack apple 3 by notenoughapples
4.Applejack apple 4 by notenoughapples
5.hurry up, we're dreaming by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Luna
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Andy Price is freezing on Twitter: "Celestia, done in brush and ink and colored pencil, heading for sale at @PonyCiderfest in Milwaukee this weekend! #mlp #mylittlepony https://t.co/UocnW4J8AU" / Twitter
2.Mane Six Headcanons [2019] by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt
3.Manners by HananPacha on DeviantArt - GIF of Sweetie scratching herself when sitting with Rarity
4.floofershy by trinoids on DeviantArt - Earth pony Fluttershy
5.Student Six #329 by Sintakhra on DeviantArt - Ocellus
medium.jpeg

large.png

2183154.gif

medium.png

medium.png

1.Pinkie chewing on her tail by kurogewapony
2.Twilight Pop Art by Natsu714 on DeviantArt
3.EQG Starlight and Trixie playing basketball by liaaqila
4.Andy Price is freezing on Twitter: "A simply adorable and cheeky Applejack, heading to @PonyCiderfest this weekend! #mlp #mylittlepony https://t.co/leoU8K8xun" / Twitter
5.More than a Friend by RYURED on DeviantArt - Human Sweetie X Spike
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Older Sweetie Belle recreating an old Sweetie meme by crystalightrocket
2.Twilight Witch by Avrameow on DeviantArt
3.Ages of Luna by imalou
4.Pinkie by kurogewapony
5.Sweetie and Rarity hug by jen-neigh
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.After the fire by Mithriss on DeviantArt - Fluttershy running from a forest fire
2.Anthro Fluttershy by regenda
3.Autumn Blaze by alex_bermuda
4.Rarity by gamorangetana
5.derpy in haunted corn maze by Reapers969 on DeviantArt - With Twilight costume
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
thumb.gif

1. FiM - 313 - Magical Mystery Cure
2. FiM - 422 - Trade Ya!
3. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power - 1
4. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power - 2
5. Fushigi Yuugi - 3
6. Fushigi Yuugi - 4

Figured She-Ra involved a girl discovering she's a princess and getting big, so time for Magical Mystery Cure.

~~~

In Round 1 Match 29, "We'll Make Our Make" is in the lead.

Round 1 Match 30
A. The Pony I Want to Be

B. A Friend for Life

C. A Kirin Tale

D. The Magic Inside

E. Your Heart Is In Two Places

~~~

Art dump, still old stuff.
1.Luna Halloween by johnjoseco
2.Nightmare Moon by dawnfire
3.Witch Twilight by lockheart
4.Sleeping Twilight by tohupo
5.Twilight wants to talk to you about a book by tohupo
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Flutterbat Soda and Candies by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
2.Thank You, My Little Pony by InkyBeaker on DeviantArt
3.Fluttershy 11 2 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
4.Princess Celestia by tyuubatu on DeviantArt
5.Coco Pommel Vector 17 - Socks by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Raridash by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt
2.Oops by Hunternif on DeviantArt - CMC releasing Discord
3.owo by belka-sempai on DeviantArt - Lyra X Bon Bon
4.Demon Selena by MagnaLuna on DeviantArt - Luna in Demon Slayer costume
5.Mage Meadowbrook by tyuubatu on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.My Past is Not Today by Avrameow on DeviantArt - Alicorn Sunset
2.Coco Pommel by tyuubatu on DeviantArt
3.Twilight blushing with a book by tohupo
4.Fluttercord by Dragonfoxgirl on DeviantArt
5.Twilight and Spike by gamorangetana
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Fluttershy by gamorangetana
2.Rarity touching Rainbow with her tail by raridashdoodles
3.Distracted Boyfriend Meme Rainbow and Rarity with Older Sweetie Belle by raridashdoodles
4.Rarity and Rainbow kickboxing by raridashdoodles
5.Filly Twilight complaining to Celestia that a fairy tale isn't realistic by imalou
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

11-24-19 She-Ra stream
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
*.Equestria Girls - "Equestria Girls" (Cafeteria Song) (HD) - YouTube
1. FiM - 313 - Magical Mystery Cure
*.MLP: Equestria Girls | Music | Time to Come Together | HD - YouTube
2. FiM - 422 - Trade Ya!
*.This is Our Big Night (with reprise) [With Lyrics] - My Little Pony Equestria Girls Song - YouTube
*.My Little Pony: Equestria Girls - A Friend for Life [1080p] - YouTube
3. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power - 1
*.MLP FiM "Hearts Strong as Horses" song with Reprise HD w/Lyrics in Description - YouTube
4. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power - 2

"Magical Mystery Cure" still has great songs, and that's the majority of the episode. It stuck out to me just how little of the episode is carried over to future episodes. What it says about cutie marks, Starswirl's spell and what it means for the Elements of Harmony, Celestia's realm, the visuals of Twilight's transformation with that magic ball coming out of her chest. Like literally all that carries over is the fact that Twilight transforms into a princess, and the aside mention of Starswirl not understanding friendship.

"Trade Ya!" was fun. I had forgotten the details of the different subplots. The entire thing of Twilight not wanting to trade away her books is really "laughs in centaur".

All but one person had to leave before She-Ra, and he had to leave after She-Ra so the stream ended there. She-Ra was enjoyable enough; we'll definitely continue this. With Glimmer, I made a lot of Starlight jokes.

~~~

Round 1 Match 30 has "The Magic Inside" in the lead.

Round 1 Match 31
A. Shine Like Rainbows

B. Pinkie's Singing Telegram

C. The End of the Rainbow

D. The Ticket Song

E. Being Big is All It Takes

~~~

Art dump. Still old, but it's this month, at least.

1.Andy Price is freezing on Twitter: "Who is joining me in Reno for @renopopculture this weekend ? I'll be there with art, #mlp and more! https://t.co/PEDzXNMa77" / Twitter - Rainbow vs. Lighting Dust
2.Fluttershy by redchetgreen
3.Sunset licking Flash by bevin brand (official fan art)
4.Andy Price is freezing on Twitter: "Karaoke night in canterlot is so predictable. Celestia at @PonyCiderfest #mlp https://t.co/O647k5QItO" / Twitter
5.Timber carrying SciTwi by bevin brand (official fan art)
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Sunset and Twilight sharing a milkshake with Flash by bevin brand (official fan art)
2.SciTwi and Sunset dancing by bevin brand (official fan art)
3.Flash and Timber fanfic art by bevin brand (official fan art)
4.Cozy Glow by ragurimo on DeviantArt
5.Simply Silverstream by Duskie-06 on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.family 11 6 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt - Cadance, Shining, and Flurry
2.What the hell is that? by Yakovlev-vad on DeviantArt - Octavia and ladybug
3.AT-AJ Redux by NCMares on DeviantArt - AT-AT Applejack
4.Day of the Dead - Celaeno Catrina by ZidaneMina on DeviantArt
5.Shining Friends by ShiningLovelyStar on DeviantArt - Applejack and Rarity
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Shy Fluttershy by SilberSternenlicht on DeviantArt
2.Human Rarity, Trixie, and Fluttershy outtakes by slightly-gay-pogohammer
3.TwiPie by InsanitylittleRed on DeviantArt
4.MLP:YL - Mane 6 (+Spike) | InuHoshi on Patreon
5.Scootaloo with metal wings by desiraesalmark (official fan art)
medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Everything Will Be Fine by ChaosAngelDesu on DeviantArt - Pinkie
2.i care them by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt - Sunburst X Twilight
3.MLP:YL - Play Fight | InuHoshi on Patreon - Flurry, Shining, and Cadance
4.Fluttershy and Discord by slightly-gay-pogohammer
5.Dashie's Armada, by Auroriia on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

Comic
Anticular on Twitter: "Here's a treat for you guys before my flight off haha. Enjoy! #MLP #MLPFiM #asksunshineandmoonbeams https://t.co/ZVav5Ywdy9" / Twitter
tall.jpeg

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, forgot to post this.

Round 1 Match 31 features "Shine Like Rainbows" in the lead.

We're approaching the end of Round 1, so make sure to vote if you haven't. I'll keep voting open for a few days after Match 35, but time's still coming up.

Round 1 Match 32
A. Get the Show on the Road

B. Failure / Success Song

C. Happy Birthday to You
www.youtube.com

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy Sing “Happy Birthday To You!” (Netflix EXCLUSIVE) | MLP: FiM [HD]

MLP: Friendship Is Magic (Netflix)Watch in 720p!---Blog: http://letupitahd.blogspot.comFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/Letupita725HDTwitter: https://twitt...

D. Time to Be Awesome

E. Invisible

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Round 1 Match 32 features "Time to Be Awesome" in the lead.

Round 1 Match 33
A. Hearts Strong As Horses

B. Evil Enchantress

C. Acadeca

D. Raise This Barn

E. Friendship Always Wins

~~~

Big art dump
1.Gryphlestia by Husgryph on DeviantArt - Celestia
2.A Swan and A Hjonk by LostDreamm on DeviantArt - Celestia vs. Goose
3.EQG Rainbow, Twilight, and Pinkie by dusty-munji
4.Twilight Sparkle 11 9 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
5.Celestia Luna vacation by RacoonKun on DeviantArt - Humanoid
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Mane Six and CMC by dstears
2.Behind the scenes of above by dstears
3.Princess Twilight - Breath of the Wild by sixpathspony on DeviantArt
4.Moth by quvr on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
5.Laughter is the Best Medicine by Doodle-Mark on DeviantArt - Ages of Pinkie
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Cookie! by Victoria-Luna on DeviantArt - Celestia and Luna
2.Fluttershy by lp9hsa
3.Sunset with cat ear hoodie by howxu
4.Lyra by anticular and rileyisherehide
5.Farewell Gen 4 by SeishinAnn on DeviantArt
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Sleeping Shining by bcpony
2.Twilight Sparkle ~ | FANART by AiradYarhahs on DeviantArt - Future
3.Pinkie with a Dash cupcake by pabbley
4.Trixie and her assistant Starlight by shibaroll
5.Cozy Glow in a brony's bedroom by tjpones
medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.FLUTTER Renai CIRCULATION- Vanna Com-by Light262 by Light262 on DeviantArt - Cover for this video I posted earlier
2.Fshy by IFMSoul on DeviantArt
3.Thank you MLP!! [DL Free Pics] | uotapo on Patreon
4.EQG RariTwi spies by vilkadvanoli
5.EQG RariTwi alicorn form Twi by vilkadvanoli
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Idol RariTwi by vilkadvanoli
2.Luster by RysunkowaSucharia on DeviantArt
3.Autumn Blaze by ravensunart
4.Pinkie with pocky by colorfulcolor233
5.Human Fluttershy by usagichannya01 - Only MLP art by this artist
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Timeskip Rainbow Dash by MusicFireWind on DeviantArt
2.Mane Six by ayosanri009 - Only MLP art by this artist
3.Ice Cream Night by Pastel-Pony-Pictures on DeviantArt - RariTwi, a commission I requested. I don't think I posted this before; my bad.
4.Chibi Twilight by colorfulcolor233
5.Waaaaalkin by DimFann on DeviantArt - Fluttershy leading ducklings into Gilda
medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Winter Pone by AutumnVoyage on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
2.Rarity reacting to her blooper by flutterthrash
3.black by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Rarity
4.Marble Pie by rockset
5.Older Twilight by fenwaru
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.friendly encounter by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
2.Shining by Avrameow on DeviantArt - Rainbow
3.Perfect Crime by ChaosAngelDesu on DeviantArt - Luna
4.SilverStream COMMISSION by sorasarah212 on DeviantArt
5.Pony Life Sunset Shimmer by Orin331 on DeviantArt
medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Luna relaxing on the beach by darkest-lunar-flower
2.The Heart of Autumn by Rocket-LawnChair on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze
3.What's this? MLP headcanon? GASP! by Earthsong9405 on DeviantArt - Mane Six redesigns
4.Adagio by raika0306
5.AT by LupisPone on DeviantArt - Starlight and Trixie
medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Pony Life EQG toys; Comic - Holiday Special 2019
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
1. MST3K - 321 - Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Along with a special Thanksgiving message from Wednesday Addams before it.

~~~

Oh hey, it turns out we're getting G4.5 Equestria Girls toys too. This makes it more likely we'll get a Pony Life Equestria Girls animation.
EKai3XCXkAEwT-y.jpg

Pony%2BLife%2BEquestria%2BGirls%2BDolls%2B%25284%2529.PNG

Pony%2BLife%2BEquestria%2BGirls%2BDolls%2B%25283%2529.PNG

Funnily, these toys more closely resemble the normal G4 Equestria Girls designs than the previous toys. Well, aside from Celestia and Luna looking better here than in the animation. Also, Starlight and Sunset confirmed.

~~~

Holiday Special 2019
This issue contains two stories.

First, Rarity has made promises to attend two different parties and also to spend time with an injured Applejack. Then, when Spike joins her on her trips, they also have to get back to Ponyville in time for a fireworks show. Things get in the way and they don't get to enjoy any of these, and Rarity realizes she should have just focused on one.
unknown.png

Second, the Student Six are misbehaving during the time of school between "Harvest Time" and Hearth's Warming, so Pinkie tells them about Krumple Horn (Krampus), who takes away naughty children. With Discord's help, they scare the Students into focusing on school.
story_2_krumple_horn_legend.png
story_2_ocellus_taken.png

Probably shouldn't have gone with that color of brown for the mud.

Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of either story. With the first, not much interesting happens. It's entirely carried by Andy Price being good at drawing ponies, and avalanches. Spike also comes off as a jerk.
princesses_appear.png
chiffon_ruffles.png

In the second, it seems pretty out of character for Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy to scare their students into behaving. It does have pretty cute art, though.
story_2_feel_bad.png

Silver Quill's review doesn't add much to what I said.

starlight_nutcracker.png

This is Starlight's only appearance.

~~~

"Magical Mystery Cure" aired in Japan

Apparently "Best Gift Ever", the post season 8 holiday special, also aired in Japanese. However, the Japanese network MLP was on is going off the air soon, so I imagine we won't get a season 4 dub.

~~~

Round 1 Match 33 features "Hearts As Strong As Horses" in the lead, with "Acadeca" and "Raise This Barn" tied for second.

Round 1 Match 34
A. Derby Racers

B. This Is Our Big Night

C. Life is a Runway

D. Hope Shines Eternal

E. My Little Pony Friends (original planned EQG1 end credits song)