My Little Pony |OT| An adventure that never will end

2-10-19 Simpsons Valentines stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, the Friday one didn't happen, and I wasn't there for most of the Sunday stream. I was able to get The Promised Neverland streamed early, before i went to the airport. People seemed to like the episode, with the complaint being it ended too soon.

Here's what I posted about our reaction in the The Promised Neverland anime thread.
    Here's a Discord chat I had about the new episode.
    SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:21 PM

Meanwhile, I'm going to go into that scene where Emma decides to trust Ray. I really like how Emma shows unconditional trust in Ray, but isn't an idiot about it. She realizes things about Ray's situation that Norman didn't, and while she hates what Ray did, she understands the necessity of what he did and why he did it, because he was suffering on his own knowing he couldn't bring anyone else into the fold until now. But she absolutely won't let him keep doing that.

UberTagYesterday at 1:28 PM

Yeah, I'm impressed by how they've been very clear about portraying all of these characters as sharp and complex while still remaining true to their core defining traits.

(Well, Don and Gilda not so much as everyone else.)(edited)

But even that's accurate seeing how they're not the top performers that the others are.

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:29 PM

Plus they're working on inaccurate information.

UberTagYesterday at 1:29 PM

True enough.

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:30 PM

With the assumption that Conny may still be alive, and that the world outside is of humans, it's understandable to get antsy.

Speaking of which, the fact that they felt the need to lie to Don and Gilda while Ray accepted the truth so easily earlier is a hint about how he already knew all this.

UberTagYesterday at 1:32 PM

That said, I'm not sure that Don could even handle knowing the truth (hence why he was shielded from it). Although I'm not sure he can even handle this much without it escalating things in a problematic fashion (as it did at the end of this episode). He's like this unpleasant variable.

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:33 PM

They do explore that question about what the other kids could actually handle later.

UberTagYesterday at 1:33 PM

They should be keeping Don busy with tasks that make him feel like he's contributing without potentially sabotaging things.

SigmasonicXYesterday at 1:33 PM

He was supposed to cook dinner

UberTagYesterday at 1:34 PM

That's a tightrope act to walk, no question.

Don doesn't feel like cooking dinner is contributing enough.

To be clear to those wondering if the anime left out something that would have made Don look less dumb, manga readers thought Don was pretty dumb at this point too.
    The plan for the stream proper was Forgotten Friendship and other stuff, but all that got shown was the following.
    *. Oscar Short - Animal Behavior
    *. EQG Short - Aww... Baby Turtles
    *. EQG Short - X Marks the Spot
    1. The Simpsons: I Love Lisa (Season 4, Episode 15)
    2. The Simpsons: Love, Springfieldian Style (Season 19, Episode 12)

Here's what people said in the chat.
    UberTagYesterday at 4:55 PM

Not much of a crowd tonight so most of the expected docket got tabled. I streamed one Oscar short, postponed Equestria Girls upon request and ran with a couple Simpsons episodes (one of which buffered out for Cappy).

joke name ahoyYesterday at 4:56 PM

that was a weird short to be Oscar nominated

UberTagYesterday at 4:56 PM

Yeah, it's an odd duck compared with the others.

joke name ahoyYesterday at 4:56 PM

I always thought oscar shorts were about kids losing balloons or dogs losing balls or bugs losing their poop or

SigmasonicXYesterday at 4:56 PM

Now you see what happens when I'm not there

CappyYesterday at 4:57 PM

i finished watching it

joke name ahoyYesterday at 4:57 PM

just a bunch of monsters enjoying each other's company

CappyYesterday at 4:57 PM

another classic ep that still feels just as good now(edited)

UberTagYesterday at 4:57 PM

That's why they're classic episodes.(edited)

Truly timeless.

Very few modern Simpsons efforts have been able to even come close to capturing that early-to-mid-90s magic. Still happy to have the show on the air, though.

CappyYesterday at 5:15 PM

One thing I noticed about that ep is that Ralph clearly channels a lot of what he was going through into the role, but they don't telegraph it at all by showing him trying to prepare really seriously or anything like that. There's no scene where he decides "he'll show her" and dives into practicing. Instead, they convey the whole of it with the burning of the card. It works without making him come off as bitter and it captures his sadness and innocence in a brief moment. The writing of the scenes they "spotlight" are also perfectly in line thematically. It's a great choice because it really provides him a genuine success that comes out of nowhere. Ralph gets to not be a joke when he needed it most. It's deeply satisfying and a great example of how to choose to set up and present a big moment.

UberTagYesterday at 6:00 PM

Man, I really enjoyed tonight's Simpsons ep. Almost wish I could have streamed this one earlier.

New Gameloft Valentines Day update has this animation.

There's a ton of art I haven't been posting due to being busy, so I'll try to get through it piecemeal.
    1.【mlp】"pinky pie" / Illustration by "dodomir23" [pixiv] - Human Pinkie
    2.【MLP】"れいんぼーだっしゅ!" / Illustration by "えーこ" [pixiv] - Human Rainbow
    3.Human Pinkie by 豆菌tokun
    4.Human Twilight by 虎喵君
    5.Happy Lunar New Year by HowXu on DeviantArt - Anthro Sunset and Fluttershy

1.[Commission] Adagio Dazzle by iojknmiojknm on DeviantArt
    2.Twilight Valentine by hiccupsdoesart
    3.Kindness in Her Eyes by ChaosAngelDesu on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    4.Sunset Shimmer by SerenityScratch on DeviantArt
    5.Twilight eating by tohupo

1.Photo Finish, Fluttershy, and Applejack reacting to a saucy Rarity image by erufi - See the saucy Rarity image at the source
    2.TEENAGER by uotapo on DeviantArt - EQG younger Celestia and Luna
    3.Twilight by Holivi on DeviantArt - Anthro
    4.praticerarity by saxopi on DeviantArt
    5.Autumn Blaze with a sparkler by shadowreindeer

1.Aviator Fluttershy by Huckser on DeviantArt - League of Legends inspired
    2.Fluttershy two sides by cutepencilcase
    3.Twilight sparkle by Pink-pinktooth on DeviantArt
    4.Applejack X Rainbow by mateha_c殿下
    5.Limestone telling you to stop drawing her by ikarooz

1.Starlight by Puetsua on DeviantArt
    2.XIV - The Balance by HowXu on DeviantArt - Student Six
    3.Twibaby by AngusDra on DeviantArt - Twilight
    4.Where in Equestria is Rarity Sandiego? by dan232323 on DeviantArt
    5.Winter by dSana on DeviantArt - Twilight and Spike

Comic
    Luna's humor V.2 by Yakovlev-vad on DeviantArt

Nice PMV collab

And cute CG animation

2-15-19 More Kaguya and Haruhi stream; RP 308 - The Shattered Realm 7 - Something There That Wasn't There Before; 2-17-19 Frozen stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followups.

On Friday, we just watched another Kaguya episode and more Haruhi.
    1. Animal Behavior
    2. Kaguya-sama: Love is War episode 4
    3. Haruhi - Mysterique Sign
    4. Haruhi - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV

Shorts weren't working, so we just watched a short from last week that I missed. It was fine, but it felt like something you'd see on Adult Swim, so I was surprised it was nominated.

The Kaguya-sama episode had Fujiwara (pink haired girl) rap, which automatically makes it great.

In the first Haruhi episode, I was pretty surprised when Itsuki referred to the giant cricket as a cricket, instead of a cave troll like in the fan subs I watched back in the day. Was that a mistranslation the entire time?

In the second episode, we had the Ryoko Asakura stuff and Future Mikuru. The latter acted pretty differently from what I remembered; I could have sworn she was super confident and self-assured, but she's actually still pretty similar to her present self.

Compared to the earlier episodes, the sci-fi stuff has a much larger presence now, which is kind of interesting to see.

On Sunday, we watched the following.
    *. Weekends
    *.Disney's Frozen Trailer {MLP:FiM} - YouTube
    1. Frozen
    *.Frozen 2 | Official Teaser Trailer - YouTube
    *.Frozen "Y si hacemos un muñeco?" versión My Little pony - YouTube
    *.[Fanmade Animation] GDTTS - S2E1: Back To The Rock - YouTube
    *.[TTS x SVTFOE] GDTTS: Battle in Mewni - The most EPIC battle between Rapunzel and Toffee! (S2E2) - YouTube
    *.GDTTS: Epilogue [Disney x MLP Animation] - YouTube
    2. Kaleido Star 9
    *.Do You Want To See The Moon Rise? (full animation) - YouTube
    3. Kaleido Star 10
    *.Libre Soy - Frozen | Versión My Little Pony (Latino) - YouTube

First was the one other Oscar short we could get working, and it was pretty good. It's about a kid dealing with his divorced parents and his parents moving on to other people, using some pretty impressive animation.

We had two people who had never seen Frozen, and both seemed to come out of it thinking it was just alright, but with some good songs. I had forgotten songs like Olaf's summer song and "Reindeer Are Better Than People". I actually saw the hair clipping during "Let It Go" this time! The new people were pretty surprised that "Fixer-Upper" was the final song. I checked and I checked, but no, there was zero foreshadowing of Hans being evil, which blindsided the people new to the movie.

If you know what Frozen's production schedule was like, then you'd know many of its issues come from things getting rushed and last minute revisions. In particular, Elsa even being good was a pretty late change. With Frozen 2, they at least have the characters settled, so I have hope we'll get a much more solid product this time.

The Kaleido Star episodes involved putting on a production of The Little Mermaid, in a world where Disney doesn't exist I guess since the solution Sora discovers is to give the story a happy ending appropriate for her performance of the mermaid. It was pretty good.

~~~

We had another RP on Saturday.
    RP 308 - The Shattered Realm 7 - Something There That Wasn't There Before
    Trixie - Cappy

Trixie, Applejack, Fluttershy, and two Lords D'Cheval chase after a roc kidnapping Lady Crinière. The peasants take this as a sign and start the Prench Rebellion, building barricades and lighting torches. Celestia will eventually resolve all this, but that's months from now. Trixie navigates the party around the revolutionaries, but they lose track of the D'Chevals.

They choose to continue going after the roc. Fluttershy carries Trixie to its nest where they find Crinière explaining a book's story to the roc. They discover there's a time anomaly making the nest alternate between time moving faster than usual and slower than usual, so Crinière is unsure how long they've been there. Through Beauty and the Beast lyrics, it's discovered that Crinière and the roc, Rocus, have fallen in love.

Fluttershy gets Rocus to cough up a water bottle lid, and when connecting it to a water bottle in the nest, that resolves the time anomaly there, so they go back to the city to find a Lord D'Cheval, using Rocus for a ride. They quickly find one, who has convinced the mob that he and his double were in a Prince and the Pauper situation and he was the pauper; the other one is somewhere getting pied.

The heroes get him to back off on chasing after the roc and he takes down the barrier around the time machine. They fix the water fountain powering it and all the time anomalies are fixed.

In the present, Gallus reveals he's a descendant of Rocus and Lady Crinière.

~~~

Equestria Daily confirms they intend to keep going even after FiM ends, and even if G5 ends up sucking.

Smug Dash and other toys by Kidrobot, from the Toy Fair.

I was surprised to see It Turns Out They're Windmills, a story I reviewed early get showcased by Royal Canterlot Library. I left a pretty critical review of this story earlier, but rest assured, I only went into as much detail as I did because I thought there was enough substance to do just that. This story is definitely worth checking out.

New Agrol animation! This ships Starlight and Sunburst. It's cute.

This is a pretty impressive Tangled crossover animation. It's the last part of a series, hence the title, but this is the only video with MLP.

Countdown to G4 thread
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    A 4chan thread had a pretty good overview of news and reactions in the lead up to G4, from 2009 to 2010's premiere of the first episode. I just copied the relevant posts in this Google Drive page, which is completely worksafe, though it does have 4chan links. Note that the My Little Pony News site doesn't work. Now if you're left wanting more after the episode one reactions linked, here are the episode two and episode three reactions.

Here's the chat discussion we had about it, which eventually shifts to the Disney cartoon Bonkers.
    Someone on 4chan went through the effort of tracking down articles and reactions in the leadup to MLP:FiM (2009-10), and it's an interesting thread. Remember, it is 4chan, though (link removed)

Huh, prototype Celestia toys were white

The ones that went on sale were pink

GallusYesterday at 9:42 PM

They initially thought that Pinkie would be enough pink for everyone

They were wrong

SigmasonicXYesterday at 9:44 PM

Don't let Pinkie get in the hot tub with you.

http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/toy-fair-2010-pictures.76276/

My Little Pony Trading Post
    TOY FAIR 2010 Pictures
    Toy Fair 2010 Gallery/hasbro/hasbro-my-little-pony I love the Applejack!

Kind of surprised to see "alicorn" already in heavy use at this point

TrigonometrizeYesterday at 10:00 PM

They keep calling it "MLP meets anime" lol

How can it be anime if Sylvee likes it

ScizYesterday at 10:08 PM

They're kind of cute, cuter than the G3.5 ponies, but that's just waaaaay too much change. Hasbro is overdoing it, big time. They just don't get it. That's not even My Little Pony anymore. But the new 'normal' ponies? No. Hasbro's overdoing it, and I don't think they actually understand they're customers. I can't see little girls liking those.

hindsight is 20/20

SigmasonicXYesterday at 10:10 PM

In this thread too, you'll see a lot of "my 4 year old daughter loves MLP, but she doesn't like these new toys at all." http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/picture-of-the-new-winged-unicorn-pony-and-new-animated-character.80199/

Picture of the new winged unicorn pony and new animated character
    These are pictures from the License! business magazine from a Hasbro photo spread of their brand names.

TrigonometrizeYesterday at 10:13 PM

Can't wait to pull 9-year-old PonyEra discord posts shaming our dumb G5 opinions in 2028

SigmasonicXYesterday at 10:16 PM

I like this edit from that thread http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/KarRedRoses/MLP Miscellaneous/mylittlerevenge.jpg

TrigonometrizeYesterday at 10:18 PM

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2012/11/12/149305.gif

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2012/11/12/149305.gif

SigmasonicXYesterday at 10:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-x1LVYXrKE

YouTube
    Viva Reverie
    LET'S FLY TO THE CASTLE

SigmasonicXYesterday at 10:33 PM

http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/live-from-the-fair-mlp-fair-pics-and-experiences.81043/

Live From the Fair... MLP Fair Pics and Experiences
    Hey Guys! I'm here at the fair (well, technically 11 miles away in the La Quinta Inn.) I had a great (albeit tiring) day at the fair! It's so great to meet everyone, and I got some great deals, got my books signed, and overall just had a blast forgetting about work and the e...

You know, one thing from the older MLP fandom I feel was lost in the shuffle was the entire "redecorate a generic pony in an artistic way" thing, like with the blank white pony being painted in the pictures in the OP

Now, ponies are too tied to characters (including OCs) for that to be a big thing

ScizYesterday at 10:37 PM

the full-body paintjobs seem like they'd be hell to animate, more than anything

SigmasonicXYesterday at 10:38 PM

Well yeah, I don't mean for animation, but as an artistic thing

ScizYesterday at 10:38 PM

oh, yeah

a "color your own OC" kit does seem like money left on the table

SigmasonicXYesterday at 10:42 PM

I know it used to be a big thing for the pre-G4 MLP fandom. Plus all those intricate customizations of G1 ponies into pop culture figures and such. Those have largely fallen to the wayside.

But the "color your own pony" sort of thing was always more for the super invested than little girls.

TrigonometrizeYesterday at 10:50 PM

I'd be into this

I'd have Applejack 2.0 ponies, commie ponies, Yuru Yuri ponies

SigmasonicXYesterday at 10:51 PM

But you'd have to actually make them that way

SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:52 PM

http://mlparena.com/archive/Forums/viewtopic/t=246935/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

My Little Pony Arena » Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » New ...
    Forums The Fun My Little Pony Community Resource Site.

This comes up in previous threads, but I'm surprised to see several posters are so knowledgeable about Vancouver VAs and are fans of particular VAs

Including one person predicting that Nicole Oliver would be a good voice for Celestia

(Before she was announced for the role)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pso-CcqcY_8

YouTube
    Cinnamon Studios
    My Little Pony - Friendship Is Magic - Early version / Alternate i...

That Rarity voice

GallusToday at 12:05 AM

AJ's sounded pretty bad too

SigmasonicXToday at 12:09 AM

http://mlplexicon.proboards.com/thread/363/mlp-friendship-magic-warning-heavy?page=1

MLP: Friendship is Magic - WARNING: PIC HEAVY!!! | The My Little P...
    ETA 10/10/10: A reminder, folks: This thread is a SPOILER-FREE ZONE. If you have anything to say that could be considered spoilish, PLEASE take it to another thread that is LABELED as having spoilers

This thread's interesting for people reacting to early screenshots and figuring out personalities

Going to sleep, so I won't have time to read these quite yet, but have fun (last links in the 4chan thread) http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/friendship-is-magic-episode-1-already-on-youtube.83261/ http://www.mlparena.com/archive/Forums//viewtopic/t=248258/start=0.html

Friendship is Magic, Episode 1- ALREADY ON YOUTUBE!!!
    Tjl8XulH51E and here's the 2nd half ZkeLzQv7Mn4

My Little Pony Arena » Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » MLP ...
    Forums The Fun My Little Pony Community Resource Site.

FranlingToday at 7:18 AM

That 363 thread is full of gems. Like praising how much personality Applejack has.

"there will probably never be any fight scenes" https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2016/6/8/1173218.gif

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2016/6/8/1173218.gif

theirongiantToday at 8:54 AM

Man, for some reason that 4chan thread detailing the lead up to the Hub and FiM gives me a good bit of nostalgia despite not following any of that shit at the time. Maybe I just really miss the Hub. That was a fun little channel.

Also, since it's been brought up, rewatching Season 1 I forgot Applejack was shown to be a bit of a hot head at first, but it was quickly dropped. Guess they thought it made her to similar to Rainbow Dash.

SigmasonicXToday at 9:00 AM

That aspect does return sometimes, particularly with Dash rivalry episodes and Flim/Flam. But I don't think it really led to good stories.

theirongiantToday at 9:09 AM

True, she still shows shades of it sometimes, but it was definitely a bit more prominent early on.

I do prefer the more level headed Applejack. She works well as the team mom.

Back to the Hub appreciation, how many people here got that channel? (and by extension Discovery Family now)

SigmasonicXToday at 9:16 AM

I never had it. Always had to watch it on YouTube/Dailymotion, besides Netflix rewatches.

theirongiantToday at 9:22 AM

I watched it a lot. FiM, Transformers Prime, Dan Vs. and the Haunting Hour were all good. In addition they had Batman Beyond, Animaniacs, 60's Batman and other childhood favorites. It was great.

and now FiM is seriously the only thing Discovery Family has. It's gonna die so fast once it ends lol.

CappyToday at 9:27 AM

where is the wb stuff now

SigmasonicXToday at 9:28 AM

I fully expect G5 to be direct to Netflix

The show, I mean

theirongiantToday at 9:28 AM

I will be legit surprised if the channel even lasts into 2020

SigmasonicXToday at 9:28 AM

Discovery Family existed somehow before it was the Hub. I imagine it will get by showing sitcom reruns and kid-aimed reality shows.

CappyToday at 9:29 AM

pawn star babies

young people's court

SigmasonicXToday at 9:29 AM

I think the WB stuff the Hub aired is just... nowhere.

theirongiantToday at 9:29 AM

Hulu is at least reviving Animaniacs

SigmasonicXToday at 9:30 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

theirongiantToday at 9:30 AM

That reminds I don't think they even released all of Tiny Toons and Animaniacs on DVD

SigmasonicXToday at 9:30 AM

I don't think they did

CappyToday at 9:32 AM

The Smol British Bake Off

i hope discovery is writing these down

SigmasonicXToday at 9:34 AM

Wait, I don't work for Discovery anymore. Sorry, you're on your own.

ScizToday at 9:36 AM

I know Animaniacs finally got its final volume years after the rest of them, not sure about TTA

theirongiantToday at 9:39 AM

Okay, I was wrong. Both shows do have all episodes on DVD but yeah, they were very staggered releases.

SigmasonicXToday at 9:41 AM

They were waiting for the kids who got started with the first DVD to be the same age as the people who watched the show as it aired were when the first DVD came out.

theirongiantToday at 9:42 AM

Now the Disney Afternoon shows on the other hand, never got full releases

SigmasonicXToday at 9:42 AM

That's probably what I was thinking of

Watch those not be on Disney+ either

theirongiantToday at 9:45 AM

I can possibly see Ducktales, Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck on there eventually because those are the only three Disney actually acknowledges.

SigmasonicXToday at 9:45 AM

Bonkers or bust

CappyToday at 9:46 AM

no ifs ands or buts(edited)

SigmasonicXToday at 9:47 AM

Bonkers

Someone's stealing the show(edited)

theirongiantToday at 9:49 AM

Honestly, Bonkers was always my least favorite. Apparently Disney agrees too, because that show doesn't get acknowledged at all

SigmasonicXToday at 9:50 AM

It was alright. I thought it was weird as hell that the second season got rid of the male detective (Lucky?) and the woman was in the opening the entire time... until I learned that season one was created AFTER season two.

Oh right, the woman is named Miranda

theirongiantToday at 9:51 AM

Miranda Wright. Get it?

SigmasonicXToday at 9:51 AM

theirongiantToday at 9:52 AM

Yeah, i don't either Derpy.

CappyToday at 9:52 AM

I refuse to answer

SigmasonicXToday at 9:52 AM

I liked Lucky more because, as much as it was just Roger Rabbit all over again, it was at least a conflict with Bonkers. Miranda was just generically nice, as I recall.

theirongiantToday at 9:53 AM

Yeah, she was just there really. Though she does a have nice design, that is good for certain "purposes"

SigmasonicXToday at 9:54 AM

As I recall, season one had full-episode stories, while season two (made before) was a collection of shorts, some being Bonkers as a detective, other being his "actual shorts" as an actor.(edited)

And yes, I figured people liked Miranda for that reason >_>

CappyToday at 9:55 AM

i can't picture anything but bonkers

and going around a lamp post

~~~

Stream announcements.

On Friday, it's Sylvee's time again already, thanks to February being February, and we're watching various Nicktoons, exact lineup still TBA.

On Sunday, we're going to actually get around to watching Forgotten Friendship again... and finally get back to something we've gone far too long without.

Where did the towel go? Checkmate, atheists.

1. G3 - The Princess Promenade
    2. EQG - Forgotten Friendship
    3. Kaleido Star - 11
    4. Super Gals - 31

EDIT: I keep forgetting, The Promised Neverland episode 7 at some point before this stream.

There surprisingly aren't any G1 or G3 stories that involve memory loss. Well, there's one Tales episode where a character pretends to have amnesia, but eh.

It's been a while since we watched Big Hero 6 the Series, and there's only three stories left, none of which are ones I'm invested in showing, and one I'd prefer not to: the season finale, which is a three parter, and not very good. So I'm officially declaring our viewing of this show over, until season 2 starts.

Speaking of which, Tangled returns Sunday after next.

~~~

Some art, less than I intended for today, but eh.
    1.Filly Twilight cowering from ladybugs by t72b
    2.Twilight hanging from the roof supports by incubugs
    3.It Sees by Empyu on DeviantArt - Twilight and horrific ladybug
    4.Starlight's intended hypnosis by artiks
    5.Pure pony by Yakovlev-vad on DeviantArt - Starlight

Comic
    Comic Sins - Fair Battle by LupiArts on DeviantArt - Fluttershy vs. bear

And a bunch of videos

Nice remix

Decent PMV

The first post-official-announcement MLP ending tribute song

Fun PMV

🎶 [Ponies at Dawn] Journey Through the Unknown Wonders of Equestria - YouTube

Last edited:
    2-22-19 Nicktoons stream
  • Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
    For the stream we watched the two remaining Oscar shorts, Doug's Runaway Journal, Spongbob episodes Wet Painters and the Krusty Krab Training Video, and finally the main event Channel Chasers, a Fairly Oddparents TV movie.

Oscar shorts we eh, I never cared that much for Bao the first time and Late Afternoon was a bit too weird and unfocused for my tastes. The presentation was pretty cool though.

Doug's Runaway Journal was my first exposure to Doug, and I guess I was taken aback by it being a bit more juvenile then I was expecting. I was expecting something more along the lines of Hey Arnold, but Doug definitely was aiming above preschool but below Hey Arnold. It was fine for what it was, but it was very low-key and unassuming. It contrasted pretty sharply to the cartoons that I chose to show off, the story of him losing his journal was a lot less over the top then most cartoons that I grew up with would have portrayed it. It felt like it was trying to be a bit more easy going and relatable rather then trying to extract as many laughs out of the scenario as possible. It was quaint but I'm not surprised that the show never grabbed me as a kid, I usually like more over-the-top shows like the next two.

Wet Painters was an episode that felt like it was basically on constant repeat growing up, and I pretty much caught it every time when it was on. I can't say that I liked it as much as I did growing up, but it was still fun. The main humor in the episode is definitely something I've outgrown a bit, but some of the lines are still great like Patrick and the computer. Probably the best part of both episodes was whenever Squidward was on screen. His sarcastic deadpan delivery is even funnier now. Krusty Krab Training Video might have aged even worse, but I chose to air it due to how many memes are from it. The joke of Spongebob wanting to learn how to make a Krabby Patty but not being shown wasn't very funny the first time and they repeat the joke like 5 times through the whole episode.

The main event was Channel Chasers, which held up much better then I was expecting. Above everything else the thing that impressed me the most was how well the animation has aged. Butch Hartman, for all of his other issues, really knows how to make a good-looking cartoon. And the extra budget given to it from it being a TV movie is very evident. The gimmick of the movie is that the characters hop around to different TV shows based on real life ones, doing their best to emulate their visual style as well. The sheer number of shows that they end up visiting is staggering, I want to say it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 different art styles that they show off through the movie. Some of them don't work amazingly but many of them did a fantastic job at impersonating the art styles and seeing all the costume changes for each of the characters was really fun too. And the soundtrack was surprisingly good as well, everything worked very well on that front.

However I feel like their eagerness to show off all of their versions of the classic shows sometimes got in the way of them trying to tell a tight and cohesive story. The skits in the shows took up an extremely massive chunk of the movie's airtime, and for the most part they didn't really advance the plot in any significant way. There were a couple times where the show felt like it was dragging quite a bit and could have benefited with some of them being cut out, but at the same time they also needed to get to 72 minutes for it to be considered a TV movie. Another major problem is that the more serious parts of the story rarely had any real time to breath before getting undercut by a joke. Biggest example I could think of was near the end of the movie where Timmy's parents sneak into a recording booth to broadcast to Timmy that they're sorry for not believing him about Vicky and that they love him, but this moment is ruined by Timmy's dad saying that he loves him more. The show in general feels too scared to ever really let a serious scene be a serious scene and throws in jokes even in the most dramatic moments. The message and arc for Timmy was very fitting for him (Timmy in the show is EXTREMELY irresponsible and childish, which combined with his ability to make anything he wants happen is the primary source of conflict for most episodes) and the bones of a good arc are there, but they're buried by all the humor.

Speaking of the jokes, many of them actually hit for me. Growing up I remember that Fairly Oddparents was one of the few cartoons that my dad actually liked watching with us, and looking back I can see why. The mountain of references in the show that are mainly just intended to be gotten by older people is crazy. This movie it was especially big due to all of the cartoons that they were paying homage to but even ignoring the show references there was a lot, such as the person trying to spill the beans on Vicky's evilness going by the codename "Deep Toot." The show is super fast-paced in general with as many jokes crammed in, similar to Spongebob. And just like the better Spongebob episodes many of the jokes miss but enough of them hit that it's still a lot of fun watching it.

As a whole it was very fun for me, Fairly Oddparents might have been my favorite cartoon growing up so it was nice to see myself still enjoying it a lot despite being older. I think the artstyle was always one of my favorite parts of it, and seeing the animators given a much bigger budget compared to their normal fare was cool to see. The overall story could have been better, but I think the presentation and generally how fun it was to watch more then made up for it.

Also I think it's pretty damn crazy that even when this movie aired The Simpsons was the longest running cartoon on air.

2-24-19 Princess Promenade stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followups

For Friday's stream, this was actually my first time ever watching either Spongebob or Fairly OddParents. And my first time in probably over 20 years watching Doug.

In the episodes we watched Spongebob himself was much less annoying than I expected, though I understand this is an episode-by-episode thing and he's generally worse as the show goes on. There were some nice gags in the first episode, though the second didn't appeal to me much.

With Doug, I had largely forgotten what an episode actually looked and sounded like, so it was interesting seeing how the music and art was handled. This show is the origin of the Dougworld nickname for the Equestria Girls setting, BTW.

The Fairly OddParents special "Channel Chasers" had some good jokes too, though it was a shame how it undermined the characters learning anything from this. My understanding is that this is a big problem with all of Butch Hartman's shows. The art style mostly works, including with all the different channels, though the super sharp breasts on that teenage girl babysitter really bother me.

We didn't have an RP this week.

Today, we watched the following.
    0. The Promised Neverland - 7
    *.MLP: Friendship is Magic - 'Starlight the Hypnotist' 🐞 Official Short - YouTube
    1. G3 - The Princess Promenade
    *.'Game Stream' Original Short 🎮 MLP: Equestria Girls Season 2 - YouTube
    *.Reacting to.. FLUTTERSHY GAME STREAM? | Fluttershee.. is canon? - YouTube
    2. EQG - Forgotten Friendship - In shorts form (part 1)
    *.MLP: Equestria Girls Season 1 - 'The Salty Sails' Exclusive Short ⛵ - YouTube
    3. Kaleido Star - 11

I forgot to mention The Promised Neverland last week. People liked episodes 6, and episode 7 this week. I'll hold off on the details in this thread due to spoilers. We watched it before the stream past few weeks, but this time, due to cat-herding style scheduling, it was part of the normal stream.

We had someone who hadn't seen "Starlight the Hypnotist", and found it pretty funny.

We lost him with "The Princess Promenade" in the first five minutes. This was worse than I remembered. People were astonished that Spike here was even worse than in "Princess Spike". It was interesting seeing several VAs who show up in FiM, including Tabitha St. Germain as both Wysteria and Minty. Not much else to say here, really.

He came back for Forgotten Friendship. This was my first time watching it fully in YouTube form, which adds some extra scenes. I recognized some particular added scenes, but there were also moments that felt a bit different from how I remembered. It's still good. I don't like the first song still, but the "Invisible" song is better than I remembered.

Due to TPN, we only watched one anime. Also because of that, we didn't watch as many of the EQG beach shorts as I planned. The Kaleido Star episode was on the weak end, and Anna's dad is a super jerk.

~~~

Here's stuff for the new "Game Stream" short.

YouTube edit

1.Commission by Tony Fleecs based on the leak - Personally, I think it's kind of a dick move to commission art from an official comic artist based on a leak, but he knew it was based on a leak and appeared fine with it, so eh.
    2.Pony Grumps by Heir-of-Rick on DeviantArt - Pony Sunset and Fluttershy
    3.Sore Winner? by OinkTweetStudios on DeviantArt - Human colored Fluttershy and Sunset
    4..:Streaming:. (EqG Shorts) by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - GDQ Fluttershy and Sunset, also sprite Discord
    5.Angry Sunsets by sozglitch

Shorts comics.

Ail-licorn Side Affects by Tsitra360 on DeviantArt

Game Stream comic by uotapo

Bunch of videos.

So Vannamelon is a YouTuber that plays games in character as Fluttershy. She reacts to the new EQG short. I assume she's exaggerating her fear of getting sued, and the similarities.

A new Two Best Sisters Play, but by someone else. Still pretty well animated.

Anime-style con promo

And Magpiepony redoes her cover of "Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better" with her modern improved Pinkie voice, also with animation.

3-1-19 Utena Movie stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friday stream followup, we watched the following.
    1. Phineas and Ferb - Dude, We’re Getting the Band Back Together
    2. Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Adolescence of Utena (movie)

The Phineas and Ferb episode was fun. Not sure it was a good first episode to show (given no one else was there when I showed that Christmas special) since it didn't actually have any inventions or explain Perry's relationship to the kids. I suppose I'll show a few other episodes at some point before we watch Into the 2nd Dimension eventually.

And then there's Utena... I'll copy chat logs.
    SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:24 PM

Reposting for Chained SigmasonicX: You know, I assumed "Utena turns into a car" would be like a brief trippy sequence to show her being used as a tool by Akio
    [23:20:02] I really didn't expect it to be the entire ending sequence
    [23:20:42] It sort of feels like the movie before that point has very little to do with the movie post, well, car
    [23:21:30] UberTag: This tracks would be right at home in a Persona game.
    [23:21:37] Errr... track.
    [23:21:51] SigmasonicX: Like it's an enjoyable trippy movie, but it's weird how they largely drop everything that was going on. Funniest example of this being Shiori becoming a car too then crashing.
    [23:22:08] TheIronGiant: I guess they just wanted a exciting way to have them escape Otorhi without doing another sword fight
    [23:22:09] UberTag: Yeah, it fully embraces the nonsense.
    [23:22:29] SigmasonicX: It's like, "OK Shiori is being set up as the big bad in this universe--and she's car--and she's dead."
    [23:22:41] UberTag: Death by pylons.
    [23:22:59] SigmasonicX: Lesson learned: be papas

Did Miki actually do anything in this movie?

UberTagYesterday at 11:27 PM

He took a bath with his sister. And she held a razor to his throat. That was something.

Chained PrometheusYesterday at 11:30 PM

And it’s implied he killed her

SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:32 PM

I just realized, did Miki and either Utena or Anthy ever interact before the ending?

Chained PrometheusYesterday at 11:32 PM

Nope

SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:32 PM

Friends are connected before they even meet!

Chained PrometheusYesterday at 11:32 PM

Lmao basically

So for the movie, Anthy and Utena have more or less switched roles

SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:33 PM

Shouldn't you be eating with your family now

Chained PrometheusYesterday at 11:34 PM

I’m on my way to the restaurant

SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:35 PM

Alright

Chained PrometheusYesterday at 11:36 PM

But yeah, the film follows Utenas POV more- but in a lot of ways Anthy is the one saving Utena this time around

I hate doing long write ups on my phone

Lmao

SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:37 PM

It's safe to assume this universe's Akio had Anthy do all the driving

Hence the skillz in the ending

Chained PrometheusYesterday at 11:38 PM

Probably

He did keep losing his keys after all

Basically Utena’s internal conflict in the film is the ghost of Touga

Her trauma from witnessing a tragic death as a kid

And in this Overlook Hotel-type academy where reality and dream intersect, Touga comes back

And that ties Utena in with Juri (the girl Touga died saving) and Shiori

Anthy takes a quick liking to Utena after becoming her bride and starts competing against Touga’s Ghost for Utena

Namely to make Utena her new Prince- but Utena goes for the throat by them moving past the school altogether and into the real world

SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:43 PM

I didn't realize Juri was the drowning girl

Chained PrometheusYesterday at 11:43 PM

Yuuup

Mind you Anthy still has to confront her brother one last time as a test of escaping the school- but his role in the story is mostly finished prior to the start where Utena comes in

SigmasonicXYesterday at 11:50 PM

It was odd that he was presented as sort of a goofball throughout the movie before his ghost / presence in Anthy's mind / whatever appeared at the end.

Chained PrometheusYesterday at 11:50 PM

Yeah Akio is presented really awkwardly in the film

[...]

SigmasonicXToday at 9:29 AM

Just realized, Touga literally had a white sheet over him like a ghost

We were too tired for an RP today, so instead we watched Utena again with someone who wasn't in the Friday stream. Here's the chat after that.
    (UberTag saying he's going to stay on our streaming site to stream something else for other people)

CappyToday at 6:21 PM

o_o

you're not back D:

SigmasonicXToday at 6:22 PM

Different [stream page] room, I assume

UberTagToday at 6:22 PM

Yep.

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:23 PM

This was great

CappyToday at 6:23 PM

how did he comment if he wasn't back is uber some sort of ghost

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:23 PM

SigmasonicXToday at 6:24 PM

We need to accept he's dead and drive away

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:24 PM

Uber actually died in a drowning accident years ago, Cappy.

You just forgot about it this whole time.

SigmasonicXToday at 6:24 PM

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:24 PM

So what'd you think of the movie, Cappy?

CappyToday at 6:33 PM

generally liked it, it was weird, which is good

SigmasonicXToday at 6:36 PM

It's a good companion piece to the show

CappyToday at 6:37 PM

yeah, it gets the ending i was probably looking for, even if the details of how were strange

SigmasonicXToday at 6:38 PM

Hmm, yeah, that's true for me too.

CappyToday at 6:39 PM

i also realize now i watched most of the series in subs so i'll probably rewatch the movie with subs at some point

well maybe not most but like 20s to the end i did in a big chunk

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:44 PM

Am I the only one who prefers Movie Anthy to Show Anthy?

I'm curious about that

CappyToday at 6:44 PM

the shiori touga part was really interesting felt like they really doubled down on how terrible Shiori is while attempting to give Touga some justification for his manipulative attitude not sure how i feel entirely about the implications of that, but the contrast was pretty stark

It felt like you get more of what Anthy as a person is like, since she's so controlled in the series, so that was cool to see her have fun and tease, or show real concern. And then she got to drive the whole climax of the movie so that's cool too

i also like her in the series though, despite it not feeling as much like "Anthy the person" as much as she was "the Rose Bride" or "Akio's tool"

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:51 PM

Yeah. I agree about Anthy.

As for Shiori and Touga, I see the film as it’s own story in a lot of ways so the two are just inherently different incarnations of the same basic characters from the show

SigmasonicXToday at 6:52 PM

Touga died before he could be manipulative

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:52 PM

Touga is way more of a douche in the show and Shiori has more wiggle room as a potentially sympathetic character

Yeah exactly

SigmasonicXToday at 6:53 PM

I agree with Cappy on Anthy

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:53 PM

Same

She’s just more personable and charming in the film

She has more immediate chemistry with Utena in the film than in the show, I think

SigmasonicXToday at 6:54 PM

Show Utena never got a chance to connect to Anthy the Actual Person, I feel

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:55 PM

I think they do, but we just don’t get to see it onscreen in the show

But then again the idea of the show and it’s ending seems to be that the two will fall for each other more properly when they meet again

SigmasonicXToday at 6:57 PM

From the show ending, I didn't really get the sense that Anthy was particularly interested in finding Utena again (unless I'm forgetting something). It's mainly out of (that) universe stuff that would lead to that conclusion, it seems.

Chained PrometheusToday at 6:58 PM

The ending of the show generally is interpreted as Anthy is leaving the school behind to finally go on her own journey to find Utena- the day where the two will “shine together”

CappyToday at 6:59 PM

a lot of the signs of utena were wiped from the school like she didn't exist, so the idea that she has to leave to find her does follow but i also don't remember the exact details

but it was definitely also Anthy's own moment of making a decision for herself too

Chained PrometheusToday at 7:00 PM

UberTag wanna weigh in here?

CappyToday at 7:00 PM

also i think by the end of that show arc shiori is just bad period to me, but i know people have other opinions >_>

great character though

Chained PrometheusToday at 7:01 PM

Shiori is awful onscreen in either iteration

But the show Shiori has Word of God defending her in a way we just don’t get to see

SigmasonicXToday at 7:01 PM

(Leaving the chat for now, BTW)

Chained PrometheusToday at 7:01 PM

(Okie dokie!)

Basically Ikuhara says that Show Shiori is lashing out at Juri and manipulating things because she’s super in the closet and is reacting in a toxic manner to her own true sexuality

Which doesn’t exactly justify her behavior, but it can potentially make her a little more sympathetic

Movie Shiori, as far as I know, doesn’t have that element to her so she’s just pure awful

CappyToday at 7:15 PM

Yeah, I could see that closeted angle, that's basically the vibe I got, but like you said that doesn't make it okay even if that's a very rough situation. Although I also felt the sense that she enjoys and gets self-worth out of being the most important person to Juri and plays around with that in a hurtful manner, and almost uses Juri's inability to break from that crush as proof of her value. Even that carries the idea that she doesn't get much value elsewhere (which I think was explicit in the show, that Juri was this very important person and she was "nothing") which is also an understandable impetus for behaving that way.

Chained PrometheusToday at 7:18 PM

Yeah, exactly. Shiori is doing awful things and the way things are between her and Juri in the show is toxic

~~~

That EQG pet short is confirmed to be a two-parter.

And on the subject, I hadn't seen this tweet before.
    [B]Ishi Rudell[/B]‏ @[B]ishiH3Art[/B]

Ishi Rudell Retweeted QB

We at DHX were never informed about Ray’s existence, but if he was created by Hasbro then I guess he must be canon? We’ve also never been given assets for him so he’ll never show up in an episode produced by us.

Ishi Rudell added,

QB @Queen_Bee_2018

@ishiH3Art is Ray canon for you? I'm asking 'cuz I know you didn't directed some summertime shorts and is kinda suspicious that he didn't show up in Forgotten Friendship.

12:12 PM - 2 Oct 2018
    So yeah, I guess we aren't going to see Sunset's pet gecko Ray again. This also indicates that DHX and Boulder Media didn't share assets. If they had to recreate the characters from scratch, that could explain differences in the way they look and move.

Never going to appear again

He was delicious!

Also, this game came up. It's a shame it isn't online anymore, because it was pretty good.

And here's the commercial made before it.

3-3-19 Applejack Day 2
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    RISE FROM THE GRAVE

Filly Funtasia still exists! And it's airing on March 11. I assumed it aired and no one cared, but Wikipedia confirms that wasn't the case. It's been in development hell, but now it's really airing. Also, Funtasia Daily updated.

~~~

Stream followup. Today, we only ended up watching.
    *.MLP: Equestria Girls - ‘Shake Things Up’ Official Music Video - YouTube
    1. FiM - The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
    *.PMV - Tough (Applejack Tribute) - YouTube
    2. FiM - The Last Roundup
    *.The Legend of Zelestia: Navi Pie - YouTube
    *.The Adventures of Applejack's Eyebrow - YouTube
    3. FiM - Pinkie Apple Pie
    *.PMV-I won't say I'm in love (AJ cover by DisneyFanatic2364) - YouTube
    4. FiM - Somepony to Watch Over Me
    *.Applejack, They Miss You Too [MLP Animation/PMV] - YouTube
    5. Thunderbolt Fantasy - 1

Some of the Kaleido Star people weren't there, so we elected not to watch that. And the Tangled episode wasn't ready to stream yet. And then people started dropping off for other things by "Somepony to Watch Over Me". Then the one other person remaining decided partway through Thunderbolt Fantasy that we needed to watch this with other people, because it was pretty badass.

"SSCS6000" was worse than I remembered. The entire thing just doesn't make much sense. There are good bits, particularly the very beginning with Rainbow and Fluttershy, and I like the song and lesson, but it's also largely frustrating.

"The Last Roundup" was good. We watched the "UNCENSORED" version with the old Derpy voice, and I honestly forgot about the whole Derpy thing until it was mentioned during the stream. I forgot a lot of this episode, including Pinkie's role and the ending chase.

"Pinkie Apple Pie" is a lot of fun, especially with that great song.

I'm one of those people that likes "Somepony to Watch Over Me", and dammit, it's fun.

~~~

Got a new commission back!
    Rarity and Twilight having a romantic spa day by pastel-pony-pictures

Based on "Rarity's Biggest Fan". I thought the idea of them getting Real Princess Hair together was cute.

Short Pinkie animation

Rap remix of "Best Friends Till the End of Time"

And small art dump.
    1.Rarity darlings vs. ruffians by heir-of-rick
    2.Rarity by Patty-PLMH on DeviantArt - Human
    3.Foal sitting Sombra by jolliapplegirl on DeviantArt - With Flurry Heart
    4.Starlight and Trixie Thank You by theunununium - This is their first MLP art in four years, it seems.
    5.Kotobukiya Rainbow by ponut_joe

1.Adult Sci Twi by WubcakeVA on DeviantArt
    2.Twilight and Cadance eating burgers by vavacung
    3.Big Pone by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Young Big Mac and Bright Mac
    4.Shining Armor and Cadance with Chrysalis bragging by jargon scott
    5.Ocellus sniffing bug spray while Twilight tells her not to by jargon scott

Raridashdoodles has been holding a Raridash writing contest for a while, but what I didn't realize is that the image in the header has been changing pretty frequently. It doesn't help that they've just been updating the same December 25 post instead of making new ones. Here are the most recent seven.

1..:Talking with animals?:. (EqG Shorts) by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - Best in Show art, with Applejack, Flash Sentry, and Fluttershy
    2..:Talking with animals?:. - The-Butcher-X's Sta.sh - Part 2 of above
    3.The Most Quiet Corner of the Library by HeyErika on DeviantArt - Stygian X Sunburst
    4.Fluttershy by Rockset on DeviantArt - EQG,
    Good, managed to make it not lewd.
    5.F (v1) by IFMSoul on DeviantArt - Fluttershy

1.Rainbow Wings by SkyeyPony on DeviantArt - Twilight
    2.Octavia: redraw by 1Jaz on DeviantArt
    3.Collab: Serene Sunset by EmbersLament on DeviantArt
    4.Ladybug by Puetsua on DeviantArt - Twilight
    5.Let me take an Egypt selfie! by DiscordTheGE on DeviantArt - Somnambula

And comic
    Castle Security by wakyaot34

Koobikitsune / Justin Blum has passed away
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Community Figure, Koobikitsune, Passes Away
    While the news of season 9 has been spreading across the fandom a bit of sad news has also hit certain sections of the pony fandom hard this week. Koobikitsune (CobaltTheUnicorn), whose characters, such as Dopple and Cobalt (whom you might have seen in various comics on EqD), has passed away.

Unfortunately Koobi had not been feeling well during the past few months and was suddenly admitted to the hospital within the past two weeks due to liver and kidney failure that came on suddenly and unexpectedly, something he was unable to recover from.

I admit that I never knew Koobi (save for his characters), but hearing how he touched the lives of so many of our community members from behind the scenes I couldn't let such a noble soul pass on without some sort of tribute to all they have done.

A memorial service for Koobi will be held on March 22. If you wish to pay your respects to the family you can contact Pony-Berserker either on Twitter or Deviant Art to learn more about attending the memorial service or at least wishing the family your best.

Rest in peace, Koobi. From what I've heard from your friends it sounded like you were a person I really would have liked to have met.
    See link for memorial messages.

In Memoriam: Justin Blum by Pony-Berserker on DeviantArt

3-8-19 Mission Marvel stream; RP 309 - The Shattered Realm 8 - I'm a Car Too Now
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    On Friday, we watched the following.
    1. Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel
    2. Haruhi - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V
    3. Haruhi - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI

SMH, I went out of my way to show an American cartoon and Sylvee missed it. The Phineas and Ferb episode had much better action animation than I expected, and it had a lot of good jokes, particularly on the villain side.

For Haruhi, we watched what would be considered the season finale if you followed broadcast order. We'll watch a bit of season 2 after this, but we'll go back to season 1 in the end for "Live Alive" and "Someday in the Rain", before we watch the movie. I don't know about the others, but I think Haruhi's expodumps are surprisingly enthralling, especially with the music. The final episode's closed space did a great job making it feel like shit was going down. Unfortunately, I think one problem with the show that often goes unacknowledged is that Kyon is a creep and the show never calls that out. Also, the bits of Mikuru we see when she isn't cowering to Haruhi show that she could be a really fun and interesting character, but we just don't see it much.

~~~

So including today, we only have three RP sessions left before the EQG special airs. At that point, we'll take a break until the season takes a break.
    RP 309 - The Shattered Realm 8 - I'm a Car Too Now
    Cappy - Trixie

Trixie, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Maud are all sucked into the third (of five) portal, finding themselves in the Dragon Lands of the year 3139, which is 18 years after their last visit to the future. The mysterious figure from the first Shattered Realm session reveals he was responsible for all of them being there. He complains that their "generation" is coming to an end anyway, so there's no point in stopping him from wreaking havoc and letting things fall into the Shattered Realm. He summons some Applejack Farm Trucks, complete with Twilight cut out, to attack them and leaves to awaken the Ur-Dragon.

They get the trucks to fall into the lava and then an adult Smolder appears. They talk, and Smolder explains that the Ur-Dragon is the mythical first dragon, and the largest that ever existed. A pair of caves were uncovered about a hundred years beforehand that are considered the Nostrils of the Ur-Dragon. Smolder takes the ponies to School of Friendship Dragon Lands, close to the caves.

~~~

A new GIF editor has been making a name for themselves, lolledits. They're approaching superedit in quality. Examples below.
    1.Big Apple from Apple Bloom
    2.Twilight in the wind
    3.Twilight autograph
    4.Twilight flap blep
    5.Trixie making a Twilight ballerina

And other art
    1.Gunlight Sparkle by jargon scott - Twilight
    2.Mane Six by kalthedestroyer
    3.Sunset, Starlight, and Trixie by kalthedestroyer
    4.Twilight eating by kalthedestroyer
    5.Cute little... bunny? by Scheadar on DeviantArt - Fluttershy and Scorbunny (Pokemon)

1.I Choose You! by kprovido on DeviantArt - Human Fluttershy and Scorbunny
    2.Fluttershy by Glazirka on DeviantArt
    3.Fluttershy by MakiErlendson on DeviantArt - EQG
    4.Spike and Smolder hug by dawnfire
    5.Twilight by kuroorcas

1.Final Fantasy Anthro Fluttershy by skirtzzz
    2.Final Fantasy Anthro Twilight by skirtzzz
    3.Cadance getting chocolate and flowers by omny87
    4.Gabby and Gilda driffon puns by omny87
    5.Princess Luna Rainbow Wings - Mlp (Vector) by SugaryIceCreamMlp on DeviantArt

1.rAiNbOw ThAtS nOt FuNnY by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt - Twilight and Rainbow
    2.The Young Six by Sintakhra on DeviantArt - Student Six
    3.Fluttershy by MinamiKoboyasy on DeviantArt
    4.I'm a pony?! by WubcakeVA on DeviantArt - Pony SciTwi
    5.Sunset Shipper by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Also EQG Applejack and Rarity

1.Smooch by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - EQG Rarity X Applejack
    2.little shy by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Young EQG Fluttershy and Discord
    3.Baloooons!! by Leafywind on DeviantArt - Rainbow
    4.Twins at the Beach [Req] by LifesHarbinger on DeviantArt - SciTwi and EQG Pony Twilight
    5.RainbowDash by tyuubatu on DeviantArt - Kotobukiya

1.Pinkie tells Twilight about a body 1 by shoutingisfun
    2.Pinkie tells Twilight about a body 2 by shoutingisfun - Also Rarity
    3.MLP:YL - Tall Bird, Short Bird by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Silverstream and Gallus
    4.Elegance by Margony on DeviantArt - Rarity
    5.rainy day by Nana-Yuka on DeviantArt - Twilight

1.Limestone Pie And Pinkie Pie 'Dont Make Me Angry' by xbi on DeviantArt
    2.My Little Pony and Hazbin Hotel (Crossover) by YugoVostok on DeviantArt - Mane Six
    3.Rarity by riukime on DeviantArt
    4.Commission161 by AiriniBlock on DeviantArt - Flitter
    5.Halcyon Day by Robsa990 on DeviantArt - Twilight
    6.Ocellus by mirroredsea on DeviantArt

I did mix in some comics earlier out of laziness, but this one is longer.
    Late night studying by JackieBloom on DeviantArt - Rarity X Twilight, with their OC daughter

Nice remix

That part where Fluttershy is sitting (used three times) is weird, but otherwise a fun video

3-10-19 Return of Tambelon stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Sunday stream followup, people weren't actually available for most of it, so I ended up watching the G1 episode "The Return of Tambelon" by myself.
    1. MLP G1 - The Return of Tambelon (4 parts, so less than one hour)
    2. Kaleido Star - 12
    3. Kaleido Star - 13

Grogar was less impressive than I expected, given how some G1 fans hyped him as a Darkseid like character. Even in terms of size, he's only as tall at the shoulder as a 10 or so year old boy, which, yes, is big for a goat, but he's no Tirek. There was a funny moment where the ponies surround him, and then he goes, "No, you're surrounded" and starts charging at them and they all run away (except for Spike, as seen in a GIF I posted above), so he is willing to do the dirty work himself. He also has underlings that are basically moblins, though they turn on him. Oddly, G1 is much heavier on having the villain's underlings turn out to be good and that being the key to defeating them, than G4 is, despite being the show about Friendship. Though the betrayal part doesn't end up helping, because he starts firing energy blasts everywhere and the moblins can't do anything. He's defeated because he left the bell that's the key to his defeat just laying around and Meghan rings it.

I will say I like the idea the story starts out with, where unicorns that teleport find themselves in the lost city of Tambelon instead of their destination, because the city is stuck between dimensions. They don't do much with the dimensional aspect, though.

The idea of Tambelon was already used by the Crystal Empire and Sombra, so I don't expect Grogar's G4 appearance to take much from here, like how Tirek didn't really take much from his G1 appearance.

As for the rest of the stream, people weren't able to make it for the Tangled episodes, so at this point I'm giving up staying up to date in the stream and I'll just show one episode a week.

People did assemble for the Kaleido Star episodes at the end. There were some streaming complications, and the solutions might make it more difficult for some people. Anyway, the episodes involved Sora and Layla having to work together for a pirate-themed performance, and it was pretty good, featuring REAL SWORD FIGHTS on high wires and elegant door opening.

~~~

[B]Big Jim[/B]‏ @[B]TheBiggestJim[/B]
    A little tease for #mlp’s 200th episode. If episode 100 was a love letter to the fans, 200 is a thank you to the 5 voice actresses who brought us this far. More closer to the air date!

6:13 PM - 10 Mar 2019
    Hmm, I wonder what this could mean. Instead of fan in-jokes, a bunch of voice actor in-jokes?

3-15-19 Rollercoaster stream; RP 310 - The Shattered Realm 9 - Into the Nostril
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friday stream followup, we watched the following.
    1. Phineas and Ferb - Flop Starz
    2. Phineas and Ferb - Tree to Get Ready
    3. Phineas and Ferb - Rollercoaster: the Musical
    4. Haruhi - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
    5. Haruhi - Endless Eight part 1

I chose these Phineas and Ferb episodes because they get callbacks later, but the only other person who showed up for the stream had already watched Phineas and Ferb, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Episodes were still good.

We started Haruhi season 2. "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" went differently than I remembered, particularly Kyon not giving his name as "John Smith" to Young Haruhi. I mentioned before that it's disappointing that Mikuru isn't presented seriously that often, since her brief serious moments in season one are interesting. I forgot that this episode confirmed that Mikuru is still super meek even outside of Haruhi's earshot.

I also mentioned before that I wasn't 100% on splitting "Endless Eight", and yeah, I feel like that was the wrong move now.

After multiple Friday streams in a row with just me and one other person, I decided it was time to change the time. The Friday stream (or weekday stream I suppose) will now be on Thursdays at 4:30 PM PT, since that time worked out when watching The Promised Neverland earlier this week.

~~~

I've made the folder with the RPs viewable to anyone with the link.
    The next RP will be the last one until season 9 goes on break.
    RP 310 - The Shattered Realm 9 - Into the Nostril
    Trixie - Cappy

Smolder takes Trixie, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Maud to the School of Friendship Dragon Lands. They give the mysterious figure tormenting them the name Hedgehog the Shadow, AKA Hoggy. She explains the school, including that Flurry Heart is a teacher there, and they talk to an old dragon who chooses not to have a name, who provides more information about the Ur-Dragon. It has a connection to the flow of time, and its roar can split or destroy timelines.

They go to the two nostrils, minus Smolder who is a fire hazard. The right one is closed off by boulders and police tape. A big crowd is gathering in the left nostril. Maud runs a simulation of how it would turn out if Trixie tried to open a hole in the right nostril's barricade, and it doesn't turn out well for her. They go into the left one, where they find an 18 years older Angel Glimglam giving a magic performance with his two assistants. They have another magic duel, and before it can be completed, the boulders in the other nostril collapse, creating an opening. The group goes off to enter that way. The old dragon explains that to awaken the Ur-Dragon, one would have to awaken its heart.

~~~

Art dump
    1.Kotobukiya Rainbow by bbtasu
    2.Rainbow by meowcephei
    3.Anthro Twilight in a swimsuit by sharkehchas
    4.Petunia Paleo by acersiii
    5.AppleDashing by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Applejack and Rainbow

1.Don't be so cloudy by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Filly Rainbow and Rainbow Mom (Windy Whistles)
    2.Flying Colors by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Rainbow
    3.0-0 by aphphphphp on DeviantArt - Rainbow and Fluttershy
    4.Let's cuddling all night by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Rarity X Applejack
    5.doodle by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Rarity

1.Lyra Vector - Boots and Hand by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
    2.Bon Bon Vector 02 - Hand Thingy by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
    3.Sunburst recieves a special gift by Remiaro on DeviantArt - With Thorax, Starlight, and Twilight dolls
    4.Fluttershy with an emo look by erinliona
    5.Spitfire by php61

1.Spitfire (2) by php61
    2.Pinkie by tohupo
    3.Maid Applejack by flutterthrash
    4.Mardi Gras Starlight by flutterthrash
    5.[Collaboration] Adventurous Apple by thediscorded on DeviantArt - Apple Bloom

1.Cute Shining Armour by xbi on DeviantArt
    2.Starlight Glimmer is cute by xbi on DeviantArt
    3.REGNUM AETERNAM by MysteriousShine on DeviantArt - Twilight
    4.Fair Lady by Rossignolet on DeviantArt - Luna
    5.Remember by PavlovzDawg on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze

Anime metal cover guy did the MLP:FiM theme

Nice remix

Surprisingly good remix

PMVs
    Spike's Got No More F***s to Give - YouTube - Spike's theme song
    PMV: Shut Up and Dance - YouTube - Pinkie X Twilight
    Not Evil PMV - YouTube - Lego Movie 2 song with Chrysalis

3-17-19 Filly Funtasia stream
  • Captain Fish

Oct 25, 2017
    Filly Funtasia wasn't quite as much of a mess as I was expecting. It looks alright. The literal shapes of the characters are fine, the colours are sometimes poorly matched, but they animate well. The idea that they're all in a school, and all some sort of royalty (as indicated by them all having crowns/tiaras) is really weird, but I do like Coach King's headband crown. The writing was pretty rote, classic lie gets out of hand story, only one joke I thought was alright. There were a few visual gags, like them levitating a bunch of glasses of water, or Will tripping after saying how tough he is that didn't really have the snap and pacing (and probably also expression and reaction work) to play well.

I do kinda want to watch more in hopes that it gets funny bad.

3-21-19 Tiny Toons Spring Break stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    New synopsis for the season 9 premiere gives more details.
    The Beginning of the End, Part I Apr. 6, 2019
    When Celestia and Luna decide to retire and hand off the ruling of Equestria to Twilight and her friends, it send Twilight into a tailspin of self-doubt. The ancient villain Grogar plots to conquer all of Equestrian, but King Sombra has ideas of his own.

The Beginning of the End, Part II Apr. 6, 2019
    As Twilight and the rest of the Mane six struggle to come to terms with destruction of the Tree and Elements of Harmony, King Sombra sets his sights on conquering all of Equestria.

So it looks like King Sombra is acting on his own after all.

~~~

First Thursday stream followup. We watched The Promised Neverland right before it, but that ended up causing problems for the people who had to get dinner between the two streams. It was decided that future Thursday streams will be half an hour later, at 5:00 PM PT.

In the stream proper, we watched the following.
    1. Tiny Toons Spring Break Special
    2. Haruhi - Endless Eight part 5
    3. Haruhi - Endless Eight part 8

The Tiny Toons special turned out to be surprisingly terrible. It might just be the least enjoyable thing we've ever watched in the streams. Badly put together story, bad jokes (including wacky surface level Clinton Administration parodies), terrible songs, and tons and tons of Elmyra. This was clearly from after the point where the network executives decided that they really needed to push Elmyra--that's a real thing that happened, if you weren't aware. It resulted in the creation of a whole show called Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain, which was as bad as an idea as you'd expect. Anyway, everyone's memories of the Summer Vacation special were way better (among the people who watched it).

We got just a brief glimpse of KyoAni's greatest troll, "Endless Eight", with one of the middle episodes and the last episode (we watched the first one last week). Watching it this way, it's easier to appreciate the differences between episodes. Part 5 has a great feeling of dread, for example, and the deja vu increases as it goes on.. I was surprised to see the one other guy who was still around was interested in the other differences between parts.

~~~

Some fun random junk

This actually does look pretty nice.

Neat that they actually did use filly images for these.

My Little Lony

And a bunch of images all from the same artist, demonboy, using redesigns based on what Jenny Nicholson came up with in her The Applejack Problem video.
    kinda dumb but heres my mlp headcanons! you can... - Zak/15 - Mane Six

1.i love your pony redesigns so much... would you... - Zak/15 - Sunset
    2.i would love to see ur take on starlight glimmer!! - Zak/15

someone asked what my mane 6 redesigns would look... - Zak/15 - Gala dresses

1.What's the physics of pinkie's hair? - Zak/15
    2.please draw more ponies your art style is heavenly - Zak/15 - Pinkie
    3.what about Treehugger!! you know, fluttershys GAY... - Zak/15
    4.redesign...cewestia - Zak/15 - Celestia and also Twilight (who is also Luna in this AU)

RP 311 - The Shattered Realm 10 - Heart of Time
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    We've had our last RP for a while with RP 311 - The Shattered Realm 10 - Heart of Time. EQG and then season 9 will start next week, and I prefer not to run RPs when there's a new episode.
    Traveling through the body of the Ur-Dragon, its heartbeats switch Trixie and Fluttershy into alternate timelines where they have different party members.

They fight the shadowy figure, named Ygzlyr, at the heart. He attempts to summon things to help fight, succeeding in bringing The Owl and Pink Celestia. By using the dragon's heart to coordinate with the timeline that Applejack and Maud are in, they manage to counter his ability to phase out and defeat him.

To stop the beating dragon heart, they have to spread good vibes. Trixie thanks everyone, and then the party talks to Ygzlyr. He's convinced that just because a story ends, doesn't mean it's fine for that universe to end and be scavenged for parts. He decides to make due with what he's got and turn it into its own universe, which he'll call Filly Funtasia.

With the dragon heart calmed, the party is reunited. Plus Pinkie. Applejack notices a pipe coming out of the heart and fixes it.

There's a flash of light and Trixie finds herself back in her caravan. Applejack, Fluttershy, and Maud for some reason are back at Fluttershy's cottage. Maud figures that even with some portals remaining, their job is done. Applejack refuses to get a broom from the closet.

~~~

First separate Sunday stream announcement! Because I didn't want to watch the Tangled two-parter on the same week as the EQG special or the season 9 premiere, I decided it would be better to watch all of the current episodes in a row.

1. Tangled - Curses!
    2. Tangled - The Eye of Pincosta
    3. Tangled - Rapunzel and the Great Tree (Two-Part)
    4. Kaleido Star - 14
    5. Super Gals - 33

Art dump.
    1.Two Best Sisters Play - Country Ed. - Commission by LateCustomer on DeviantArt - Applejack and Apple Bloom
    2.Fluttershy by abc002310 on DeviantArt
    3.Cooking is fun! by Margony on DeviantArt - Pinkie
    4.Elegance by Margony on DeviantArt - Rarity
    5.Wings of Stardust by faitheverlasting on DeviantArt - Rarity

1.Moon Dancer by Animechristy on DeviantArt
    2.Starlight and Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club) by twotothehalf
    3.Starlight and a kite by sugar morning
    4.Sleepy Glim by lolwise on DeviantArt - Alicorn Starlight
    5.Starlight Day by KinGKerO on DeviantArt - Also Trixie plushie

1.Starlight Glimmer by MajuPaju on DeviantArt
    2.Starlight portrait v2 by Zunefox on DeviantArt
    3.Counselor Glimmy by LifesHarbinger on DeviantArt - Starlight
    4.Just Twily by Vird-Gi on DeviantArt - Twilight
    5.Bow for Coco by Vird-Gi on DeviantArt

1.Adventure Gals by TheSoleil on DeviantArt - Rainbow X Captain Celaeno
    2.Oleander by melodisiaion
    3.Starverse | Queen Twilight Sparkle (Headcannon) by Sh3llySh00 on DeviantArt
    4.Starverse | Royal Wife Fluttershy (Headcannon) by Sh3llySh00 on DeviantArt
    5.20.1 by Shu-jeantte on DeviantArt - Daybreaker

3-24-19 Rapunzel and the Great Tree stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Today, we watched the following in the stream.
    *.PMV: Tangled the Series - Wind In My Hair - YouTube
    1. Tangled - Curses!
    *.MLP Baby Comic Dub "Playing with Hair" - YouTube
    2. Tangled - The Eye of Pincosta
    *.Cut my hair | Animation MEME | MLP - YouTube
    3. Tangled - Rapunzel and the Great Tree (Two-Part)
    *.MLP: Friendship is Magic - 'Rarity's Biggest Fan' 💎 Official Short - YouTube
    4. Kaleido Star - 14
    5. Super Gals - 33

My opinions haven't really changed regarding the Tangled episodes from what I've posted in the Tangled season 2 thread. Seems like people enjoyed them well enough.

The Kaleido Star episode started what I thought was a story arc of Sora working with another troupe, but no, it's over after one episode. It was fun enough.

The Super Gals episode was half fun, half about Otohata being a bad boyfriend and Aya wanting to be with him anyway. And it looks like the next episode will be all about that, so ehhhhhhhhhh.

~~~

Some art.
    1.Magic Essence by rocioam7 on DeviantArt - Luna
    2.Daily sketch 11 - Fluttergoth by Viejillox64Art on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    3.Pinkie Pie by abc002310 on DeviantArt
    4.Rarity by abc002310 on DeviantArt
    5.Fluttershy by abc002310 on DeviantArt - So what's the verdict on heart ears?

1.SPEEDPAINT:-Your turn-: by Clefficia on DeviantArt - Twilight and Celestia
    2.Rainbow in kimono by yotsushiri
    3.Twi and Spike by Patty-PLMH on DeviantArt - Human Twilight and Spike
    4.Kotobukiya Twilight X Rarity by メイエルフ
    5.Kotobukiya Applejack X Rainbow by メイエルフ - There is also a Pinkie and Fluttershy one, but it has breast grabbing.

1.MLP Graceful by Rurihal on DeviantArt - Rarity
    2.Home by iojknmiojknm on DeviantArt - Sonata, animated version is linked in description
    3.Background pony blows huge gum bubble by lolledits
    4.Fluttershy being held by Discord by igazella

Comic
    MLP: The Twily Ponich Program by PacificGreen on DeviantArt

New Phantom of the Opera animatic.

3-28-19 Infinite Ryvius stream; 3-29-19 Jimmy Neutron stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followups. We doubled up on weekday streams this time.

On Thursday, after the finale of The Promised Neverland, we watched the first three episodes of Infinite Ryvius, stopping earlier than planned. The show is interesting enough so far, but it's took much longer to get to the core premise of the series than I figured. Even by the end of episode 3, they hadn't finished establishing everything I knew from the elevator pitch of the show. It was also hard to get a real grasp of the characters and setting, particularly that weird space ocean that the station was sinking into. I assume after this beginning segment, they'll focus more on individual characters.

On Friday, with Sylvee running the stream, we watched the following.
    1. Reboot - Talent Night
    2. Spongebob Squarepants - Idiot Box
    3. Danny Phantom - My Brother's Keeper
    4. Jimmy Neutron - Operation Rescue Jet Fusion

The Reboot episode is most famous for this ending:

But it also had this:

Featuring Trixie's voice actress.

There were some nice gags, but it still had the odd season 1 pacing.

The Spongebob episode was alright.

This is my first time ever watching Danny Phantom. It was actually more legit than I was expecting. This episode also had a villain I realized I recognized from some, uh, fan art.

The Jimmy Neutron special was pretty eh. The friends were the most annoying part; it actually got much more tolerable when they were cast aside and focus shifted to the secret agent Jet Fusion, though it still wasn't great.

~~~

Art dump
    1.you need this by jeglegator on DeviantArt - EQG Rainbow X Fluttershy
    2.Twilight with pigtails by colorfulcolor233 - I could have sworn I posted this and the next two, but I can't find them in this thread when searching for this artist.
    3.Rainbow with pigtails by colorfulcolor233
    4.Pinkie with pigtails by colorfulcolor233
    5.EQG Trixie by jeglegator

1.Pi Day Pinkie by colorfulcolor233
    2.Fractured Sunlight [WIP] by imDRUNKonTEA on DeviantArt - Human Sunset X Twilight
    3.Lady of the sky by Orfartina on DeviantArt - Twilight
    4.Ember by norithecat
    5.Fluttershy by Dozybunny on DeviantArt - Human

1.Queen Chrysalis by Brietta-IG on DeviantArt
    2.Apple Dubbing by uotapo on DeviantArt - Fluttershy and Applejack
    3.EQG Trixie and Starlight on the phone by jeglegator
    4.Cadance by jen-neigh
    5.Twilight by jen-neigh

1.Apple Bloom by snow angel
    2.Mom 6 by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Mane Six mothers
    3.Reverse Booping! by YinglongFujun on DeviantArt - Twilight and SciTwi
    4.Pinkie Pie 3 24 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
    5.Trixie by 77jessieponygames77 on DeviantArt

1.Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer in the beach by TheRETROart88 on DeviantArt - Pony
    2.Sweater Dashie by PhoenixPeregrine on DeviantArt - Rainbow
    3.Princess Twilight Sparkle [Open collab] by Varshacoro on DeviantArt
    4.From the Depths of Fire by KlaraPL on DeviantArt - Discord
    5.Pinkie by snow angel

1.Most Loyal Apprentice by DingoBreath on DeviantArt - Older Spike
    2.Oleander 1 by dimfann and ogaraorcynder
    3.Oleander 2 by dimfann and ogaraorcynder
    4.Oleander 3 by dimfann and ogaraorcynder
    5.A Daring Discovery by PixelKitties on DeviantArt - Daring Do past Stargate

1.Lunambula by Pony-Way on DeviantArt - Luna dressed as Somnambula
    2.Fluttershy Vector 30 - Blepping by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
    3.Pink Fluff by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Pinkie and Gummy
    4.Twilight by bondedbones
    5.Dream Sickness by KlaraPL on DeviantArt - Luna and Dragon Twilight

1.:COMM: Sisters through the 80s by LupiArts on DeviantArt - Windy Whistles (Rainbow Mom) and Firefly
    2.[Commission] Forgiveness by dSana on DeviantArt - Filly Twilight and Spike, and Twilight Velvet
    3.Twaichka by Xjenn9 on DeviantArt - Twilight. Dialogue translates to, "I can't concentrate when you look at me like that," but Twilight is definitely up to no good.
    4.Starlight Glimmer and Trixie in the beach by TheRETROart88 on DeviantArt
    5.Rainbow riding her invisible motorcycle backwards by RysunkowaSucharia on DeviantArt

1.Summer by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - EQG Rainbow and Sunset
    2.Two Sisters by Orfartina on DeviantArt - Celestia and Luna
    3.Bambina by MrArdilla on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    4.Fluttershy by tohupo
    5.Cosmos (the comics character) by ogaraorcynder

1.Twilight, Starlight, and Spike watching TV by dstears
    2.Rainbow Dash Vector 26 - Lovely Nerd by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
    3.Worship the Sun 2 (Guest Page) by vest on DeviantArt - Celestia, Twilight, and Sunset. This is a guest page for a hentai comic, but it's completely safe.
    4.oof by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt - Sunburst X Twilight
    5.Chase The Sky by Fluttersheeeee on DeviantArt - Rainbow

1.Rarity by snow angel
    2.Fluttershy by teeny16 on DeviantArt
    3.Twilight Sparkle by teeny16 on DeviantArt
    4.Twilight and Dashie by GrayPillow on DeviantArt
    5.Fluttershy's checkup By Liaaqila by Rathbane on DeviantArt - EQG, and OC pony

1.Teacup Trixie (colored) by Alazak on DeviantArt
    2.Luna by AliceSmitt31 on DeviantArt
    3.Picnic by Deraniel on DeviantArt - Rarity and Sweetie

Vale Quattuor by Heir-of-Rick on DeviantArt - Pinkie reacting to the end of the series

Make-up hug ❤🧡💚 - D+CON - EQG Applejack X Rainbow, with EQG Pony Twilight and EQG Pinkie

And first of the last Pinkie Pie Says Goodnights! by Silver Quill.

3-31-19 Spring Breakdown stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Sunday stream followup. We watched the following.
    *.MLP: Friendship is Magic - 'Ail-icorn' 🌡 Official Short - YouTube
    1. EQG - Spring Breakdown
    *.[MLP PMV] Pony Hysteria - YouTube
    2. Tangled - The Brothers Hook
    *.PMV-The Equestria Girls Sing We Put the Spring in Springfield - YouTube
    3. The Simpsons - A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again
    4. The Simpsons - E My Sports
    5. The Simpsons - Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy
    *.PMV: Spring Cleaning. - YouTube

Videos were found after searching for "spring" and then "breakdown".

"Air-icorn" is still a lot of fun. Rainbow making random sound effects would have improved "Spring Breakdown".

My opinions on "Spring Breakdown" haven't changed since my post in the season 9 OT, but I was able to appreciate the jokes more.

I mentioned before I played it that the Tangled episode wasn't that great, but it went over better than I expected. Uber also pointed out the consistent theme of Rapunzel wearing one dress for continuity-significant episodes like this and one for others.

The first Simpsons episode was really good. The other two were alright; the last one is controversial for dumb reasons, but I didn't see anything offensive.

4-4-19 X-Files Pilot stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Thursday stream followup, we watched the following.
    1. X-Files - 101 - Pilot
    2. Haruhi - Live Alive
    3. Haruhi - Someday in the Rain

We got a surprisingly large number of people for the first thing. Seems like they enjoyed it well enough, so I think I'll go ahead and show other X-Files episodes in the future when hole filling for the stream.

Most everyone left once Haruhi started. One person was interested in seeing some reality warping action, but he left when I mentioned these episodes didn't have any of that. The first episode seemed to be enjoyed well enough. I hadn't made the connection between Haruhi saying they needed a choreographed dance number at the end and the, well, dance, until now somehow. I played the Japanese version of "God Knows" after. The last episode, however... had minutes long sequences of Yuki just reading while there's noise from the other clubs. Even the ending scene with Kyon and Haruhi in the rain was less meaningful than I remembered. So that episode didn't go over well. Season 1 viewers probably should have taken this episode as a warning about "Endless Eight".

Anyway, the show's all in the past; next week, we plan on watching the movie, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, where shit gets real. Even people who didn't like the show like this movie.

Art dump
    1.Fluttershy X Discord by colorfulcolor233
    2.Human Rainbow by xieyanbbb
    3.Human Fluttershy by xieyanbbb
    4.Pony Fluttershy by xieyanbbb
    5.Pony Rainbow and Tank by xieyanbbb

1.Pony Rarity by xieyanbbb
    2.Pony Applejack by xieyanbbb
    3.Human Pinkie and Rainbow by xieyanbbb
    4.Autumn Blaze by xieyanbbb
    5.Human Pinkie by xieyanbbb

1.Human Fluttershy 2 by xieyanbbb
    2.Human Rarity by xieyanbbb
    3.Human Rainbow by xieyanbbb
    4.Twilight Sparkle Jedi: SPACE MARES by Sethisto on DeviantArt
    5.Seapony Tempest by its-gloomy

1.:WIP: Bold by yuyusunshine on DeviantArt - Twilight
    2.Kirinbus by Nemo2D on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze as a catbus
    3.Trixie Lulamoon by tyuubatu on DeviantArt - EQG
    4.Thinkie Pie by moonatik - Pinkie
    5.Somnambula (MLP art) by xSatanielx on DeviantArt

1.Fluttershy portrait by JedaySkayVoker on DeviantArt
    2.Flutter in the Mist by YinglongFujun on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    3.Do you remember? by Deraniel on DeviantArt - Twilight and Celestia
    4.Pony Sunset by php61
    5.shoppin by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Coco Pommel

1.Mane Six Cuddling by bluemeganium on DeviantArt
    2.Applejack and Rainbow being dressed up by Rarity by drafthoof
    3.Celestia Cake by Kaikururu on DeviantArt
    4.Captain of the Guard, Friendship Castle by Tillie-TMB on DeviantArt - Tempest
    5.Rara by LordValtasar on DeviantArt - Coloratura

1.MLP Autumn Blaze Plush by Little-Broy-Peep on DeviantArt
    2.Fluttershy with the Japanese Reiwa characters by mirroredsea
    3.R by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Rarity with headset
    4.Grima Corrupted Twilight || Speedpaint in descr! by glitteronin on DeviantArt - Fire Emblem reference
    5.Cross-world cosplay by DiscordTheGE on DeviantArt - Twilight as Harley Quinn, Raven (Teen Titans) as Poison Ivy
    6.Crying Human Twilight by lilfunkman

Jobdone by Kaikururu on DeviantArt - Celestia, Luna, and Twilight Tuxedo Mask meme

~~~

Haven't made a fanfic update in a while. I read the following stories.

Closing The Loop by Undome Tinwe is a short RariTwi story from this February where Rarity and Twilight travel back to the time of Princess Platinum and Clover the Clever to settle a debate about whether they were in love or not, inadvertantly starting the relationship in the first place. It's pretty cute.

Next, recommended by Royal Canterlot Library, I read an April 2013 story called Good Thing I'm So Organized by TacticalRainboom. This is one of those stories that looks at Twilight through the lense of mental/behavioral problems, which was a pretty common theme especially after season 2's "Lesson Zero". I often get rubbed the wrong way when stories make in-show events more serious than they were presented in the episode, and this unfortunately is no different; the story features Twilight breaking down because she almost hurt the real Cadance during the events of "A Canterlot Wedding". The story compromises between an easy and complex solution, by having Pinkie solve things by being random, but also have Twilight think things through. All in all, wasn't a fan. Monochromatic's stories often look at Twilight through the same lense, and I prefer how she handles it, with no easy solutions. I might have accepted the easy solution here more if Twilight's breakdown wasn't shown to be so debilitating.

Grave Implications by Aragon is a story from February of this year with an interesting premise, with Twilight reflecting on the old Canterlot tradition of buying a tombstone for your child when they turn 4, and what that means for her. Aragon mentions in a comment that this was based on his parents actually buying him a tombstone when he was 3, which he finds hilarious. Despite that, this is a more somber reflection. It does go into some wellworn territory with Twilight talking to Celestia after she becomes an alicorn, but it's still interesting.

And on the longer (much longer) end, I've been reading The Silver Standard by PatchworkPoltergeist, which started April 2015 and ended April 2018. It portrays the events of FiM from the perspective of Silver Spoon (Diamond Tiara's partner in crime), weaving in and out of canon events to give a more complex portrayl of the two. I'm only about halfway through. Here's a Discord chat I had about it.
    SigmasonicX03/25/2019

Sciz I've been very slowly reading The Silver Standard and I just got through the chapter "Considering the Methods of Mobilization Within a Manehattan Shark Tank". The story was honestly rather dull for much of what I've read, but I think I see the appeal now.

Sciz03/25/2019

the old money vs new money divide and how that drives everyone's characterization is handled super well

SigmasonicX03/25/2019

Yeah, that entire sequence of Silver Spoon returning to her old school and getting mocked was rough.

Though, I am also curious how the story addresses the fact that a flashback shows Filthy Rich with then Spoiled Milk around the time Diamond would have been born, if it does.

(For those who haven't read, the early chapters established a different mother for Diamond through pictures in her house, then "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" aired, and Spoiled Rich was established as her stepmother)

Sciz03/25/2019

there's a side story prequel that addresses how the two of them met

SigmasonicX03/25/2019

Ah, OK, so it is addressed.

Sciz03/25/2019

not really relevant to the main plot, but it does flesh them out a little further

SigmasonicX03/25/2019

Back to the story so far, I do like that it managed to strike a balance between making Diamond and Silver sympathetic without making the CMC into the real villains all along.

Sciz03/25/2019

everyone's got layers

the whole thing does a masterful job of giving everyone plausible, realistic motivations and histories such that you can see exactly how they got to where they are

but also stays on tone for FiM throughout

SigmasonicX03/25/2019

Yeah, I agree.

And it's a lot more natural about incorporating show stuff than Past Sins

Sciz03/25/2019

most authors do a fairly hamfisted job of referencing official material, in my experience

the show itself leaned into callbacks more as time went on, and it's still not all that self-referential

TSS's character arcs are very carefully structured around exploiting episodes as inflection points in a way that I'd have to think long and hard to find another example of

[...]

SigmasonicX03/26/2019

Haha, didn't expect The Silver Standard to incorporate the starting song of "Pinkie Pride", where Diamond Tiara steals Silver Spoon's milkshake and then the latter takes it back.

Trigonometrize03/26/2019

referencing best episode is an advanced fanfiction technique

EDIT: Pretty interesting blog post by Aragon (I linked one of his stories above), not just for its point about talent, but also for how he views other fanfic authors.

Last edited:
    4-7-19 The Beginning of the End stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, we didn't end up watching Fruits Basket.
    *.My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic SEASON 9 'It All Ends' Trailer - YouTube
    1. MLP - 424 - Equestria Games
    *.My Little Avengers: Endgame - YouTube
    2-3. MLP - 901-2 - The Beginning of the End 1-2
    *.Doctor Sombrero [MLP Animation] - YouTube (after first part)
    *.The End of Equestria [MLP Motion Comic] - YouTube
    4. Tangled - 217 - Rapunzel: Day One
    *.My Little Pony Ending (Starring Star) (Fan-Made) - YouTube
    5. Kaleido Star - 15
    *.End of all Pony - YouTube

That first YouTube video was actually made back during season 3; the uploader changed the title. Still, it predicted an ending for the series where Sombra comes back... and also a blizzard that kills everyone.

As for the episodes, I maintain that "Equestria Games" isn't that bad, but I had forgotten about dumb things like Spike thinking he has psychic powers. It's interesting how this episode is the culmination of events from two seasons: they got the Crystal Empire to be the location of the Equestria Games in season 3, then season 4 covered the CMC being the flag bearers and Dash's team qualifying. Of course, because of that, people were expecting something along the lines of "Best Night Ever", with an episode focusing on the event itself instead of putting it all in the background. There's no question the episode disappointed in that regard, even watching it now. Still, the lesson at the end is very good, and I like some of the awkward humor with Spike. And it's cute seeing Mommy Twilight helping him out.

Posted about "The Beginning of the End" in the season 9 thread.

The Tangled episode was weird for, as pointed out during the stream, feeling exactly like someone's fan fiction about Rapunzel forgetting Eugene and falling in love with Cassandra. Aside from that oddity, it was pretty fun.

Then the Kaleido Star episode featured some unexpected history and romance, and a car chase and table flipping. It was fun.

People had to leave before the Fruits Basket episode started, making me consider moving the stream to an hour earlier, to 2:30 PM PT. I'm waiting for more feedback.

Some art.
    1.Favorite Character, Captain Celaeno - 04/05/2019 by ZidaneMina on DeviantArt
    2.Mordred Shimmer by Orin331 on DeviantArt - Sunset
    3.Morning Shy by LittleHybridShila on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    4.Rarity and Sweetie Belle art (MLP) by xSatanielx on DeviantArt
    5.Friendship is still Magic! by Rizzych on DeviantArt - Mane Six

1.twilight sparkle by stratodraw on DeviantArt - With a creepy expression
    2.70 inch XL Lifesize Fluttershy faux fur 3D hooves by Epicrainbowcrafts on DeviantArt
    3.Cadance Portrait by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt
    4.Pinkie Pie Vector 27 - Bird Costume by CyanLightning on DeviantArt - Gallus is looking good. Not sure why the title mentions Pinkie.
    5.Twilight by IFMSoul on DeviantArt

1.Wing boost by Shady-Bush on DeviantArt - Vapor Trail and Sky Stinger
    2.MLP:YL - Too Small by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Older Spike and Twilight
    3.Tempest by pinweena30
    4.Coco Pommel 1 by luciferamon
    5.Coco Pommel 2 by luciferamon
    6.Coco Pommel 3 by luciferamon

1.Fluttershy and her shadow by setharu
    2.FlutterShy 4 4 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
    3.Birth of a Princess by CCKittyCreative on DeviantArt - Twilight
    4.Ponydoodles request #38 by IncendiaryBoobs on DeviantArt - Big Mac X Sugar Belle
    5.I HAVE NO IDEA! by Marenlicious on DeviantArt - SciTwi pony
    6.Fluttershy tea party by Light262 by Light262 on DeviantArt

Spike Gets His Wings by TadpoleDude on DeviantArt

4-11-19 The Disappearance of Haruhi stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, we watched The Disappearance of Haruhi. Despite being a bit less than three hours long, it manages to be interesting the whole way through... probably still could have been shorter. Don't need to show every detail of people flipping light switches and such. The climax also could have been much stronger than it was. Especially since there has been no animated followup, they could have deviated from the light novels to have a stronger confrontation between Kyon and Yuki. Also, I have to say that Kyon's English VA didn't do a great job during his panicked moments. Still, good movie.

~~~

The Enchanted Kingdom is finally out of hiatus, with two chapters, one long and one short. Here are the reviews I posted for the two.
    I thought I wouldn't need the recap, but I read it anyway, and I'm glad I did. Not just for the commentary, but because it turns out I did legit forget a bunch of stuff.

Of course, getting back into the right mindset for this part of the story is a separate issue. After the long break, I was hoping for some lovey dovey stuff, and thankfully, we got a bit of it at the end. Seeing Twilight dreamwalk was pretty neat, and that trial dream was fun. Nice to see her maybe starting to take her own advice, and good to see Rarity open up to her more. And I'm sure there's nothing foreboding about Luna saying Rarity is in a similar position to where Twilight used to be, and that it doesn't tie into the flash forward segments...

~~~

It's sadder than I expected to see North Ridge depart... assuming you don't decide to make more interludes about him anyway. I'm curious if this will mark a shift in the story as a whole.

4-14-19 Uprooted stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, we watched the following.
    *.MLP: Equestria Girls - ‘Mad Twience’ Official Music Video - YouTube
    *.MLP: Equestria Girls - Sunset Shimmer's ‘Monday Blues’ Official Music Video - YouTube
    1. FiM - 503 - Castle Sweet Castle
    *.MLP: Equestria Girls - ‘Get the Show on the Road’ Official Music Video - YouTube
    *.Good Vibes | MLP: Equestria Girls | Summertime Shorts! [HD] - YouTube
    2. FiM - 614 - The Cart Before the Ponies
    *.MLP: Equestria Girls Season 1 - Twilight Sparkle Sings 'The Finals Countdown' 📓 Music Video - YouTube
    *.Room to Grow (My Little Shop of Horrors) | MLP: Equestria Girls | Better Together (Series) [Full HD] - YouTube
    3. FiM - 903 - Uprooted
    *.Hurt Incantation PMV - YouTube
    4. Tangled - 218 - Mirror, Mirror
    *.My Little Pony - "Underneath The Tree" by Kelly Clarkson - YouTube
    5. Fruits Basket (2019) - 1
    6. Fruits Basket (2019) - 2
    *.MLP:FIM [Animation] "Wrong Apple Tree" - YouTube

Starting the stream an hour earlier seemed to work well, so we'll continue doing that.

I added a bunch of EQG shorts as it was the easiest way to pad out the stream so "Uprooted" started after the previous start time. These songs were still just alright, my favorite being "My Little Shop of Horrors"'s "Room to Grow", with SciTwi just being adorable in it, and the song's the best of this set. The others aren't bad, though. Least memorable is "Good Vibes", but "The Finals Countdown" is a weaker song.

"Castle Sweet Castle" and "The Cart Before the Ponies" are still both fun; I like the latter more than many people.

I liked "Uprooted" more on a second watch.

The Tangled episode was good. I hadn't realized how similar it was to a Reboot episode until it was pointed out.

We started Fruits Basket and it seems to have been received well, so we'll keep up with its weekly airings.

4-18-19 Zootopia stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. The Secret World of Alex Mack - 104 - The Videotape
    2. Zootopia

You know, I never really watched Alex Mack growing up. The only one I remember watching even a bit of was an episode called "Saturn", and that was only because of the faint hope the episode was titled that because of the Sega Saturn, and I really wanted to see it in action. Pretty sure I stopped a few minutes in because I realized that was a dumb idea; I definitely don't recognize the episode summary, and I don't know how the title relates to a school dance. I did recognize the opening though. I don't like the opening theme, but I didn't remember what show it went to until we watched this.

Anyway, the episode was pretty fun, given it's a low budget live action show for kids.

Zootopia is still good, though the villain makes less and less sense. I had forgotten a lot of it, including the entire nudist section. That section where Judy accidentally causes a race riot is pretty rough, and especially with modern times, it's really frustrating how reckless she was with all that. Anyway, we all hope this gets a followup. I'd prefer a TV series, especially if it's done like Tangled.

Some art.
    1.You Were Right (Commission for CodyandGwen) by faitheverlasting on DeviantArt - Scootaloo and Lightning Dust
    2.My Little Pony: Princess Twilight Sparkle by TheNornOnTheGo on DeviantArt
    3.Glimg Glam the gardener by Deraniel on DeviantArt - Starlight
    4.Shading practice by Deraniel on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    5.Princess Of Friendship by Schokocream on DeviantArt - Twilight

1.Queen of the village by Taurson on DeviantArt - Starlight
    2.So Many Friends by Tsitra360 on DeviantArt - Twilight and many others
    3.AppleRise by PucksterV on DeviantArt - Applejack X Strawberry Sunrise
    4.Somnambula and the Sphinx by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt
    5.Anthro Coco Pommel by casara

1.Spring Sunset Shimmer by DrAltruist on DeviantArt
    2.Flutershy. spring breakdown by focusb on DeviantArt
    3.Suit me? by PhoenixPeregrine on DeviantArt - Twilight
    4.Guilda kiss Pinkie by PhoenixPeregrine on DeviantArt
    5.Night Beauty by MagnaLuna on DeviantArt - Luna

1.Rainbow Dash Vector 27 - Rainbow Hat by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
    2.Songbird Serenade by TheUnconsistentOne on DeviantArt
    3.Sweetie Belle by LlamaCheesecake on DeviantArt
    4.mlp fluttershy by DDdreamdraw on DeviantArt
    5.i'm alone with you by IridescentAdopt on DeviantArt - Sad Twilight

4-21-19 Sparkle's Seven stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Weird and creepy but interesting animation

*.MLP FIM FanFic - YouTube
    *.MLP Equestria Girls-Extended Hub Promo Edition - YouTube
    1. FiM - 305 - Magic Duel
    *.PMV - The Stars Will Aid In Her Escape (Cosmic Love) - YouTube
    *.La Da Dee (PMV) - Collab ft. Heir-Of-Rick - COMPLETE - YouTube
    2. FiM - 509 - Slice of Life
    *.PMV | Dear Princess Celestia.... - YouTube
    *.Don't Stop | PMV Collab - YouTube
    3. FiM - 904 - Sparkle's Seven
    *.[PMV] Get Lucky - YouTube
    *.Eurobeat Brony - Discord (The Living Tombstone Remix) - YouTube
    4. Tangled - 219 - You're Kidding Me
    *.My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic provides a realistic representation of life in Ponyville - YouTube
    *.My Real Ponies - YouTube
    5. Fruits Basket - 3
    *.[PMV] - The Garden - YouTube
    *.Children of the Night - YouTube
    6. Super Gals - 34

I didn't get many video suggestions <_<. But there are enough major videos for multiple streams; I had to leave out a bunch here.

"Magic Duel" is still fun, even if it turned out to be the wrong direction for Trixie. I chose it for the Dangerous Mission Outfit, but there's also a connection through Twilight turning to her friends for trickery.

"Slice of Life" is still good too. I forgot a lot of it, even Doctor Hooves' involvement.

My opinion on "Twilight's Seven" hasn't changed.

The Tangled episode was still fun, and responses seemed to be good.

Fruits Basket 3 was full of meaningful Tohru speeches, and it was good.

Everyone bailed by Super Gals, but it was an episode I was planning on checking out beforehand to see if I wanted to show it (but forgot), so I watched it on my own anyway. I was worried about Otohata drama, but that made up very little of the episode and it was mostly wacky fun. However, it's become clear that Super Gals isn't a draw, and we're going through it at a glacial pace, so I'm dropping it from the stream so the ones watching it can go ahead and watch the rest on their own.

Note that I don't expect to be available for next Sunday's stream. I will be around for the Thursday stream, though. If there's a Friday stream (last Friday of the month), I won't be available for that.

Last edited:
    4-25-19 The Final Sacrifice stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream announcement! We're watching... nothing. I and everyone else who would be willing to run the stream are busy, so we aren't watching the new FiM episode until next week.

Art dump.
    1.Imperfect Couple by Julunis14 on DeviantArt - Twilight X Thorax
    2.Flutterfloof by Dusthiel on DeviantArt
    3.Pear Butter by mysticalpha on DeviantArt
    4.LICC [Redraw] by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt - Rainbow X Pinkie
    5.Grumpy Twilight by NixWorld on DeviantArt

1.Queen of Mount Aris by poecillia-gracilis19 on DeviantArt - Novu
    2.Sweetie Belle Vector - 22 Eclairs by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
    3.Applejack X Rarity by hiccupsdoesart
    4.Best Partners by Loyaldis on DeviantArt - Sunset with Eevee
    5.Girl's got sparkles in her eyes by Earthsong9405 on DeviantArt - Twilight

1.First Flutters by DocWario on DeviantArt
    2.Longmanedash by aem97 on DeviantArt - Rainbow
    3.Commission (Twilight) by ShadowReindeer on DeviantArt
    4.Young tyrants (Magnaverse AU) by MagnaLuna on DeviantArt - Luna and Celestia
    5.Twi by Deraniel on DeviantArt

1.Pear Butter by tohupo
    2.Queen of Cloudsdale by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt - Rainbow
    3.Smolder hugging Spike by vincher
    4.Discord dressed as Miku and Twilight reacts by vincher
    5.request by Vincher on DeviantArt - Filly Applejack and Coloratura, sign is for a Russian show similar to America's Got Talent

1.Comm: Pone by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Sunset, Pinkie, and Twilight
    2.Lighting Dust #2 by SupLoLNope on DeviantArt
    3.Nightmare Moon Timeline Rarity by noupu
    4.Collab\ fluttershy by AiriniBlock on DeviantArt
    5.Ember by tohupo

1.That totally worked last time by uotapo on DeviantArt - EQG Trixie and Spike the dog
    2.This is my treasure!! by uotapo on DeviantArt - Pinkie and Somnambula
    3.Luna hugging Thank You pillow by magnaluna
    4.Fluttershy by Jun1313 on DeviantArt
    5.Movie Night by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Twilight and Rainbow

1.Business 'Casual' by Evehly on DeviantArt - Anthro Rarity
    2..:Awesome Summer:. (CO) by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - EQG Rainbow
    3..:BETRAYAL:. (CO) by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - EQG Applejack X Coloratura
    4..:BETRAYAL 2:. (CO) by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - Rarity reacting to above
    5.Behind You by uotapo on DeviantArt - EQG Rainbow and Derpy

1.Pinkie by manacha____
    2.Blushing Rainbow by buttonheart
    3.Blushing Pinkie by buttonheart
    4.Fluttershy by minckies
    5.Kung Fu Kick Rarity by erufi

1.Fluttershy Day 2019 by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt
    2.Shake it! by CloudDG on DeviantArt - EQG Pinkie
    3.EQG Sunset by siliciaart
    4.EQG Princess Twilight by jomarston
    5.Transformation by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - Trixie and Starlight

Comics
    My Little Pony: Try this one by zouyugi on DeviantArt - Ember

EQG Rainbow gives Applejack a shirt by dcon

EDIT: Oh whoops, completely forgot about the stream followup. On Thursday, we watched the following.
    1. MST3K - The Final Sacrifice
    2. Infinite Ryvius - 4

That Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode was always one of my favorites. We had a mix of people who had already seen the episode and who hadn't. It got pretty good reactions.

The Infinite Ryvius episode helpfully had a recap, but it's still hard to get a grasp of where all this is going.

Last edited:
    5-2-19 EBE stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. X-Files - 117 - EBE
    2. Infinite Ryvius - 5
    3. Infinite Ryvius - 6

This X-Files episode introduced the Lone Gunmen and revealed that Mulder's informant, Deep Throat, actually is pretty high up in the conspiracy, but he isn't above tricking Mulder. The episode was drier than I remembered, even with the Lone Gunmen, so I think I'll go ahead and show a Darin Morgan episode next time we get around to watching X-Files before going back to the season 1 finale.

Infinite Ryvius had people discover more about the ship, including that there's a giant robot, and stuff happens and... yeah, still not really feeling this show. But Uber says it picks up, so...

~~~

I did it! I finished The Silver Standard by PatchworkPoltergeist. Here's what I posted on Discord.
    SigmasonicXToday at 2:05 PM

Approaching the end of The Silver Standard. This one Starlight cameo is really weird and doesn't make much sense, which brings down an otherwise good penultimate chapter.

Silver Spoon and her father are looking at the Castle of the Two Sisters to size up converting it into a museum. Starlight approaches the castle and the Silvers' bodyguard fends her off. She gets past him and asks for directions to Twilight's castle, using a memory spell to make them less suspicious, they give her directions, and then she runs away scared of the bodyguard.(edited)

It doesn't even fit into anything else going on in the chapter.

Oh right, this is circa middle of season 5, so she's evil here.

SigmasonicXToday at 2:36 PM

And done. I liked it well enough, but I suppose I could say I appreciated it more than I enjoyed it. It did a great job expanding Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, while keeping things within the bounds of canon. Aside from hiccups like somehow not predicting that season 6 or 7 would have a random flashback episode showing Filthy Rich and Spoiled Milk, and that weird Starlight cameo I mentioned. The story did a great job telling the stories of all these characters, with not just DT and SS getting expanded but all the other students, and even Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom (Scootaloo didn't really get a moment). From what I recall, there weren't any dropped story threads, and everything got resolved in a satisfactory way. Still, getting through it felt more like an obligation than something I was particularly enthused about.

Adding on to that,
    The author mentioned in comments that they tried not to make it so that the CMC were the real villains when focusing on Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, but it still kind of felt like that at times. Like why are the CMC making such a big deal about their issues when DT and SS's issues are so much more serious and can't solve them in 30 minutes, and the CMC's victories only serve to make them worse.

I also thought that it was a disservice to Diamond Tiara at times by attributing some of her actions to Silver Spoon or having Silver Spoon know DT was making a mistake. One thing that stands out to me is how Silver Spoon had to tell Diamond Tiara about everypony's secrets for the "everypony has their little secrets" part of the "The Vote" song from "Crusaders of the Lost Mark". In the actual episode, this was meant to show that Diamond Tiara keeps track of peoples' strengths and weaknesses, and later learns to turn that into a positive. The fact that Silver Spoon wrote Diamond Tiara's campaign speech also makes the moment in the episode where Diamond Tiara snaps at her a much bigger deal than it was intended to be.

On their own, all the additions to episodes would have been good, but it bothered me a bit how they sometimes came at the expense of scenes from those episodes.

Still, this story was good and well-written.

Art dump.
    1.Kirin is resting now by RenoKim on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze
    2.Rapidash Twilight X Rainbow by lupeylycan
    3.Tempest by yakieringi014
    4.Pony SciTwi post trying to eat chocolate by yakieringi014
    5.Applejack by poponkaponpon

1.Rainbow by tohupo
    2.Fluttershy by DDdreamdraw on DeviantArt
    3.Princess Luna by DDdreamdraw on DeviantArt
    4.Luna : You are mine now by Dashy21 on DeviantArt
    5.Somnambula with pyramids by puetsua

1.Sphinx Luna by hioshiru
    2.Sphinx Twilight by hioshiru
    3.It's Spring! by its-gloomy on DeviantArt - Celestia
    4.Trixie shows her magic by xbi on DeviantArt
    5.The Power of Love by compassrose0425 on DeviantArt - Cadance and Shining Armor, based on "A Canterlot Wedding".

1.DJ-PON3 by tyuubatu on DeviantArt
    2.Pony SciTwi and Princess Twi secret book fort by tohupo
    3.The Greatest Showman Twilight by potetecyu_to
    4.Adult Flurry Heart by Margony on DeviantArt
    5.Sleeping cutie by Deraniel on DeviantArt - Twilight

1.PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR HORN!! by AleximusPrime on DeviantArt - Twilight, Shining Armor, and Cadance in Gurren Lagann cosplay
    2.Paprika Paca by alexbluebird
    3.Moondancer 4 28 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
    4.Collab- Higher, Twi! Higher! by Earthsong9405 on DeviantArt - And Spike
    5.Best Pony! buttons by Earthsong9405 on DeviantArt

1.Sphinx Celestia by hioshiru
    2.Diamond Tiara by LuxiWind on DeviantArt
    3.Silver Spoon by LuxiWind on DeviantArt
    4.Trixie pulling Starlight out of her had by dstears
    5.Big Macintosh by TehShockwave on DeviantArt

1.Think Of Fluttershy by Yanamosuda on DeviantArt - Cover art for this song
    2.30min drawing Fluttershy by Yanamosuda on DeviantArt
    3.A blowspike by Yanamosuda on DeviantArt - Creepy realistic blowfish Spike
    4.Rainbow Dash Vector 28 - The Nerd in the Dress by CyanLightning on DeviantArt
    5.Starlight Glimmer Vector 08 - Kites by CyanLightning on DeviantArt

1.Twilight of the thunder god by hardbrony on DeviantArt
    2.Cadence by tiffanymarsou on DeviantArt
    3.Dashie by GrayPillow on DeviantArt
    4.Smolder by Hierozaki on DeviantArt
    5.Cozy Glow Cute Evil by xbi on DeviantArt

And nice PMV

5-5-19 Common Ground stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, we shuffled things around but watched everything listed above. I didn't have time to get any YouTube videos this time.
    1. FiM - 905 - The Point of No Return
    2. FiM - 906 - Common Ground
    3. Fruits Basket - 4
    4. Fruits Basket - 5
    5. Kaleido Star - 16
    6. Tangled - 220 - Rapunzeltopia

MLP thoughts are the same as usual, and viewers were pretty light there.

More people arrived for the anime (though one was just late for MLP), and I shuffled Tangled and Kaleido Star for later to wait for certain people to arrive.

Some people were new to Fruits Basket, so it was interesting seeing them react, including being surprised when one of them turned into an animal.

After that, Kaleido Star had Real Shit™ happen as a new circus started poaching staff and performers and its head guy is evil. I have to imagine there's some legit reason so many people are willing to leave Kaleido Stage for this untested company, but I'm not sure how much the story will go into it, or if it will all be solved by Sora giving a good performance.

Tangled also had Real Shit™ as Rapunzel is stuck in a "Perchance to Dream" situation and something maybe happened to Cass and also a ghost wizard died. It was good.

~~~

I'm starting to wonder, should I bother with my big art posts anymore? I started doing them because no one else was posting art and that only got worse as I posted them more and more. But it's like, do you really need me to post another cute mirroredsea image or whatever? I think I'll switch to only posting art if it really stands out or caused a discussion on Discord or whatever.

5-9-19 X-Files Clyde stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Yesterday, we watched
    1. X-Files - 304 - Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    2. Infinite Ryvius - 7
    3. Infinite Ryvius - 8

There were added plans to watch the first episode of Carol & Tuesday, but it didn't work out.

This X-Files episode is one of the my favorites, written by Darin Morgan. It's heavy on humor, but also heavy on emotions and has an interesting concept.

Infinite Ryvius finally got around to its main story, it seems, with conflicts about who's in command of the ship, and now it seems we're going to get some mech action. Things are still pretty slow paced, though.

~~~

I read a fanfic with the premise right in the title, Twilight Sparkle Was Shot by Coyote de La Mancha. Despite how blunt it sounds, it takes the premise seriously, as Sunset and the other Humane Seven react to SciTwi being shot. I thought it was pretty decent. Here's the review I posted, though note that I exaggerated a bit how much I liked it since the author responds to every post (and indeed they responded to mine).
    Great job with this story! It's interesting seeing how the girls react to this "real" threat, and Fluttershy's characterization was especially interesting. Concerning an earlier review's complaint, I assumed Applejack was venting her frustration when saying she had a place to hide the body and her later actions show she wouldn't have gone that route. I get the complaints that this can come off as overly edgy and grimdark at first, but I thought the character reactions made sense. I did think the shipping aspect wasn't set up as well as it could have; after I started reading, I had to check if there was a story before this, but I didn't have a problem with it.

Sunset encountering herself is a common trope, and while I did feel some inevitable repitition in that regard, I thought this worked. I can't say I'm invested enough in this Human Sunset to check out her further adventures, though, but don't take that as a slight against this story.

Overall, good job.

And art dump
    1.Surprised Twilight by tohupo
    2.We'll Make Heaven Is A Place On Earth by GreenBrothersArt on DeviantArt - Shining Armor X Cadance
    3.First time rollerskating by Deraniel on DeviantArt - Applejack
    4.Licorice And Jelly by Underpable on DeviantArt - Dessert Luna
    5.Blueberries And Sprinkles by Underpable on DeviantArt - Dessert Twilight

1.Sundae by Underpable on DeviantArt - Dessert Celestia
    2.Nougat And Nuts by Underpable on DeviantArt - Dessert Cadance
    3.That Familiar Feeling by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Cadance and old Princess Amore
    4.Rarity and pizza by MoreStar on DeviantArt
    5.A Rarity for Every Season by satv12

1.Rarity 5 11 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
    2.Applejack portrait by L1nkoln on DeviantArt
    3.Counterfeit 1 by counterHorse on DeviantArt - Rainbow

And a grand collection of images covering the entire series
    Friendship is Magic: From Pillars to Ponyville by SambaNeko on DeviantArt

I might switch my avatar to that first Twilight image.

5-12-19 She's All Yak stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

*.Shut Up and Dance with Me! (PMV) - My Little Pony: FiM & Equestria Girls - YouTube
    1. Tangled - 221 - Lost and Found
    *.My Little Pony G3: A Charming Birthday - Victory Dance - YouTube
    *.Beat It PMV - YouTube
    2. Tangled - 222 - Destinies Collide (two parter)
    *.Cassandra ft. Rapunzel | The Tangled Series | Edit | THE MOON RISES - YouTube
    *.MLP: Equestria Girls Minis - ‘Dance Off’ Original Short - YouTube
    3. MLP - 907 - She's All Yak
    *.Let the Bodies Hit the Floor
    *.MLP: Equestria Girls - EG Stomp Dance Tutorial - YouTube
    4. Simpsons - 1712 - My Fair Laddy
    *.D.A.N.C.E. | PMV - YouTube
    5. Fruits Basket - 6
    *.[MLP PMV] Spider Dance (Undertale the Musical) - YouTube

Tangled's last episodes of the season featured BETRAYAL. I liked them more on rewatch than on my first watch. It was fun seeing people guessing during the stream.

The MLP episode was still fine.

The Simpsons episode was pretty good, aside from a trans joke at the start, though the joke was Nelson making that joke when the teachers were telling him not to. The gym teacher introduced this episode was funny.

The Fruits Basket episode was alright.

The YouTube videos were all based on the "dance" theme, aside from the one based on "betrayal". I thought I got a pretty good selection this time.

With Tangled having ended, I plan on doubling up on Kaleido Star. We still have over 30 episodes left to watch, after all.

5-16-19 Jem stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Since I keep track of this sort of thing, new dunking on bronies thread.

Stream followup, we watched
    1. Jem and the Holograms - 118 - Hot Time in Hawaii
    2. Jem and the Holograms - 205 - The Bands Break-Up
    3. Infinite Ryvius - 9
    4. Infinite Ryvius - 10

Only one other person was there for most of Jem, but that turned out to be because of old man naps and forgetting about the stream, and one other person came toward the end of the second Jem episode. This was actually my first time watching the show, despite having read all the new comics. The first episode was alright, but really picked up when Kimber was tied up and placed inside an erupting volcano. The second episode is what created the Kimber and Stormer ship that we see in the comics, but I figured the shipping would be more... subtle than it was in the episode. Like there's no way to come out of that episode not thinking they're into each other.

Infinite Ryvius featured the first mech battle of the series, and I enjoyed it. It features slow speed space battles that take place over several hours, which I also liked in The Expanse.

And now it's time to compare Ryvius with the much dumber spiritual remake, Valvrave, next stream.

Chats - Werewolf and Pokemon Battle
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream announcement, to tie into the new episode, we're watching the evilest episodes of the series.

1. MLP - 404 - Daring Don't
    2. MLP - 718 - Daring Done?
    3. MLP - 908 - Frenemies
    4. Fruits Basket - 7
    5. Kaleido Star - 17
    6. Kaleido Star - 18

As mentioned, we're doubling up on Kaleido Star now that we're caught up on Tangled. It's at the end to better accommodate its fans.

Chat story following this video

And we had this brief chat about this art from katakiuchi4u

5-19-19 Frenemies stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *.PMV - Evil for Extra Credit (Phineas and Ferb) - YouTube
    1. MLP - 404 - Daring Don't
    *.MLP: FiM [PMV] Scary Evil Ponies - YouTube
    2. MLP - 718 - Daring Done?
    *.Not Evil PMV - YouTube
    3. MLP - 908 - Frenemies
    *.[ITALIAN] My Little Pony Canzone: Better Way To Be Bad (+ video) - YouTube
    *.My Little Descendants- Evil Like Me - YouTube
    4. Fruits Basket - 7
    *.I Can't Decide (We're Going for a Ride) (Pinkie Pie singing cover) - YouTube
    5. Kaleido Star - 17
    *.PMV | My Demons - YouTube
    6. Kaleido Star - 18
    *.A Colt Classic [MLP Animation] - YouTube
    7. MLP - 908 - Frenemies

We managed to get a lot of people for this, despite the quality of the starting two episodes.

"Daring Don't" actually starts out kind of promising, with some good gags, and the initial story of bothering a reclusive author could have been fun. However, it really does all go downhill once Daring Do turns out to be real. Unless there's some fantastic episode this season with her, I think Daring Do being real will be a net negative, with the only good episode involving that premise being "Stranger Than Fan Fiction".

"Daring Done?" is still bleh, other than the Somnambula part that completely halts the story.

"Frenemies" had a positive response. We actually aired it again for someone who joined the stream after it aired, and most people stuck around for the second viewing.

Fruits Basket was good and got some good reactions.

This was our first double session of Kaleido Star, including a person who hadn't seen the series before, and it went well.

Overall, a good stream.

~~~

New ForgaLorga video

I really liked the Rarity part, but honestly I zoned out on most of this. I don't think ForgaLorga needed to include every main character, which made this longer than it needed to be.

Art dump
    1.Pinkie Ponytail by ravensunart
    2.Sphinx Trixie by ravensunart
    3.Celestia by darkest-lunar-flower
    4.Twilight in Dragon Pit costume by pabbley
    5.Da Queen by Marbola on DeviantArt - Celestia

1.Pony Twilight in school uniform by pabbley
    2.Pinkie by Kaleido-Art on DeviantArt
    3.Celestia X Good King Sombra by darkest-lunar-flower
    4.Trixie thinks you made a powerful choiceevehly
    5.Comm: Silly Turkey by LiaAqila on DeviantArt - Scootaloo

1.New Rulers Of Equestria by mandy1412 on DeviantArt - Twilight and Starlight
    2.Luna by IridescentAdopt on DeviantArt
    3.Grogar by CanisRettMajoris on DeviantArt
    4.Egyptian Kitties Cuddle Time by KinGKerO on DeviantArt - Sphinx Rarity X Twilight
    5.Crusader Sphinxes! by Natsu714 on DeviantArt - CMC

5-23-19 Valvrave stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    New Monochromatic story! Without a Hitch.
    All Mayor Mare wants is for everything to go perfectly. Her death is no exception.
    My review
    That was a sweet story, and neat to see you tackle these characters (the latter in a non-villainous way).
    You were waffling on whether this needed the Sad tag on Discord, and yeah, I can see it going either way. While death is sad, this death went as Mayor Mare wanted and Discord is making sure her last moments are pleasant.

Oh right, I'm actually part of Mono's Discord server now.

Stream followup, we watched the following
    1. Valvrave the Liberator - 1
    2. Valvrave the Liberator - 2
    3. Infinite Ryvius - 11
    4. Infinite Ryvius - 12

Valvrave was a bit less wacky early on than I remembered; I suppose I sort of condensed the feeling of the entire season. Still, there was plenty of silly stuff, including the hilarious ending of the first episode. Unfortunately one person came in after that happened. While I'd prefer not to stream the rest of the show, it's also a shame we won't be able to see the hilarious sex stuff and the random flash forward to thousands of years later. Plus I do think L-Elf is a legit pretty enjoyable character, in a field of pretty bad characters.

Ryvius was mainly transitional, showing that they're previous fight was been twisted to make it seem like their ship was taken over by terrorists in the news, and now they need to find another way to be safe. This turned out to be a bad set for someone who hadn't watched the show before, though, and he left partway through.

5-26-19 Sweet and Smoky stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    I followed The Archetypist while it was being posted but like a lot of the comments, didn't really like the ending. I'm not so much mad as not really "getting it". Just realised there's a chapter after the ending. Going to read that soon.

I thought a lot of The Starlight & Pals Magical Half Hour, where each chapter is its own story, was hilarious.
    I'll check out the latter; maybe the former if the epilogue makes you come around on it.

Though now that I'm in Monochromatic's Discord, people link their stories there and I feel obligated to read them, meaning my backlog is growing, haha.

~~~

*.Spike's Got No More F***s to Give - YouTube
    1. MLP - 304 - One Bad Apple
    *.Red Spy! [SFM] (Babs Seed) - YouTube
    2. MLP - 311 - Just For Sidekicks
    *.[MLP Comic Dub] Dragon Hugs (comedy) - YouTube
    3. MLP - 909 - Sweet and Smoky
    *.Ember's Day by Day (MLP ANIMATIC) - YouTube
    4. Fruits Basket - 8
    5. Kaleido Star - 19
    6. Kaleido Star - 20
    *.[MLP Comic Dub] Dragon Rage (comedy) - YouTube
    7. MLP - 909 - Sweet and Smoky (again)

The stream started a bit slow, but more people joined as it went on.

Many, including I, hadn't seen season 3 episodes in a while. In both, there were tons of moments I had forgotten. "One Bad Apple" had cute scenes and probably the weirdest Pinkie gags of the series, but was just alright outside the fantastic song. "Just For Sidekicks" was generally considered to be a lot better than everyone remembered, with good gags and Angel shenanigans.

"Sweet and Smoky" was well received enough.

Fruits Basket was a pretty slow episode that didn't seem significant.

In Kaleido Star, after Yuri bought Kaleido Stage, I didn't expect Sora and the others to go freelance. This was a pretty fun set of episodes, featuring not just odd jobs, but moving into a new apartment and a mysterious masked performer.

Overall, good stream.

I'm traveling next weekend, so I probably won't be able to run next Sunday's stream. Uber has volunteered to run it in my stead.

5-30-19 X-Files Flask stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. X-Files - 124 - The Erlenmeyer Flask
    2. Infinite Ryvius - 13
    3. Infinite Ryvius - 14

X-Files was the season one finale, back when it seemed like declarations that the X-Files were being shut down and the other real shit going on actually meant something. It was pretty good. And I got approval for grosser episodes, so get ready for a leech man next time.

Infinite Ryvius cuts to after a month long timejump, where the crew has gotten cocky about their combat skills and of course proceeds to run into a ship with the same gravity powers as them, so shit goes down. Making matters worse is the passengers of the ship getting upset about how it's being run.

Cute song parody

Art dump.
    1.Luna... NAKED by lollipony
    2.Campfire Tales BG poner by CaptainPudgeMuffin on DeviantArt - Background pony
    3.Fluttershy by DDdreamdraw on DeviantArt
    4.Matchmaker Mare by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - Sunburst and Stellar Flare
    5.Cadance X Chrysalis by waackery

1.Silly Pony by Coldtrail on DeviantArt - Sunset
    2.Marble Pie GIF by szafir87
    3.Roseluck by ravensunart
    4.Fluttershy and Angel by ravensunart
    5.Hug a Cozy Glow ! by AHEKAO on DeviantArt

1.Ocellus by AlexBlueBird on DeviantArt
    2.Pink by JamestoneDA on DeviantArt
    3.Student Six #237 by Sintakhra on DeviantArt - Silverstream GIF
    4.Startrix by mandy1412 on DeviantArt
    5.Paiting Clouds by pridark on DeviantArt - Silverstream

1.Twilight reading by Andy Price (con commission)
    2.EQG Ocellus and Yona by fantasygerard2000
    3.Spiketo! by RenoKim on DeviantArt - Also Ember and Smolder
    4.MOM by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - Pear Butter and Applejack
    5.Cgtdbtpsflsc01 by Plotcore on DeviantArt - Cozy Glow

1.Twilight by lollipony
    2.DJ PON-3 by darkest-lunar-flower
    3.Dragon Queen by Marbola on DeviantArt - Ember
    4.Luna by arjinmoon
    5.Flutterbat by colorfulcolor233

1..:Natural Summer:. by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - EQG Fluttershy swimsuit
    2..:Sunny Summer:. by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt - EQG Sunset swimsuit
    3.Cozy Glow stealing Starlight's hot cocoa by bennimarru
    4.Fluttershy Collab by TheFillyFill on DeviantArt
    5.The name of life by AutumnVoyage on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    6.Twilight Sparkle Vector 55 - Hayburgers by CyanLightning on DeviantArt

Cute GIF
    Little Twilight play with Starlight by nekokevin on DeviantArt

And woah, this is a blast from the past. It's a brand new issue of Twilight's First Day!
    Comic - Twilight's First Day #27 by muffinshire on DeviantArt

Wow, it's been
    (checks)
    TWO FUCKING YEARS
    since the last Twilight's First Day

6-2-19 Going to Seed stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Oh right, stream followup. We watched
    1) My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic S6E23 - Where the Apple Lies
    2) Equestria Girls Short - Five to Nine
    3) My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic S9E10 - Going to Seed
    4) DuckTales S2E12 - Nothing Can Stop Della Duck!
    5) The Simpsons S27E9 - Barthood
    6) The Simpsons S29E8 - Mr. Lisa’s Opus
    7) Fruits Basket 2019 S1E9

I wasn't there, but it seems like it went well.

6-6-19 X-Files Host stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup for Thursday
    1. X-Files - 202 - The Host
    2. Infinite Ryvius - 15
    3. Infinite Ryvius - 16

I ran the stream early, and then reran it at the normal time, though the second run only got through the X-Files episode. It went pretty well. Some people confused this episode in their memories with a later one involving a sub, but I do intend to show that episode too later.

Ryvius featured a REVOLUTION, but things probably won't go well for this new government. Also apparently there was a murder off screen? I feel like this show makes things more confusing than they need to be.

~~~

Stream announcement, Sunday will be a Starlight Day!

1. MLP - 621 - Every Little Thing She Does
    2. MLP - 717 - To Change a Changeling
    3. MLP - 911 - Student Counsel
    4. Fruits Basket - 10
    5. Kaleido Star - 21
    6. Kaleido Star - 22

Art dump

1.Floofy Twily redraw by RainbowTashie on DeviantArt
    2.Apple Bloom by Rockset on DeviantArt
    3.NATG VII - Day 5 - Summer horse by Pirill-Poveniy on DeviantArt - Sunset
    4.y o u ' l l | n e v e r | g o | h o m e . by taesuga on DeviantArt - Luna
    5.Good morning, princess Luna! by Margony on DeviantArt

1.Big present by Yakovlev-vad on DeviantArt - Celestia getting a present for Luna
    2.soft flutters by FluffyMaiden on DeviantArt
    3.Rainbow20190605 by A-vomikaa on DeviantArt
    4.Pinkie by nora1211
    5.Applejack by nora1211

1.Rarity in old Wonderbolts costume by nora1211
    2.Younger Mane Six Moms (C) by RazorBladetheUnicron on DeviantArt
    3.Fluttercord by Dragonfoxgirl on DeviantArt
    4.Fusion of Rarity and Twilight by avimod - Actually a few years old
    5.running on the beach by Empress-Twilight on DeviantArt - Twilight

1.twilight sparkle by Shu-jeantte on DeviantArt
    2.Transcended [MLP Twilight] by Shad0w-Galaxy on DeviantArt
    3.Alone in the forest by Xjenn9 on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    4.Twilight with her girlfriends: Trixie, Tempest, Sunset, and Starlight by xdrop-of-inkx
    5.C'mere Cutie! by RaspberryStudios on DeviantArt - Starlight X Big Mac

1.Sea Celestia by CanisRettMajoris on DeviantArt
    2.Twi practise by Empress-Twilight on DeviantArt
    3.Halloween by Empress-Twilight on DeviantArt - Twilight
    4.great and powerful assistant by trinoids on DeviantArt - Starlight
    5.EQG Rainbow X Kotobukiya Rainbow by puri__kyua

1.Little dream by Xjenn9 on DeviantArt - Twilight is being asked if she wants a "cherry bomb", which can mean either soap or an alcoholic drink
    2.Smolder in lava by raikoh
    3.Pinkie looking at a cupcake by tohupo
    4.Sonata Sunset EG - Lunch break - by Light262 by Light262 on DeviantArt - The posters in the back have a special message
    5.Twilight by bbtasu
    6.COMMISSION : Fluttershy by jadenkaiba on DeviantArt - Human

And posting this separately because of how cute it is.
    Interview by dstears

6-9-29 Student Counsel stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Oh right, stream followup. On Sunday, we watched
    *.[MLP Comic Dub] Starlight’s Birthday (comedy) - YouTube
    1. MLP - 621 - Every Little Thing She Does
    *.STARLIGHT GLIMMER TRIBUTE "Speechless (Full Ver.)" (Naomi Scott) (From "Aladdin") - YouTube
    2. MLP - 717 - To Change a Changeling
    *..-MLP-. .+. `.Starlight and Trixie.` .' Criminal '..+. PMV .+. - YouTube
    3. MLP - 911 - Student Counsel
    *.♥PMV - The Midnight In Me : Starlight Glimmer♥ - YouTube
    4. Fruits Basket - 10
    *.(MLP/PMV) Walls Could Talk - Twilight Sparkle, Trixie Lulamoon, Starlight Glimmer - YouTube
    5. Kaleido Star - 21
    *.Get Out [PMV] - YouTube
    6. Kaleido Star - 22
    *.[MLP Comic Dub] Starlight Learns to Be A Good Friend (comedy) - YouTube
    7. MLP - 911 - Student Counsel

The stream went pretty well. There was some concern about overlap with the Microsoft E3 conference, but we just waited five minutes for it to end and we were good to go. It was a surprise to everyone that we hadn't streamed either of the old Starlight episodes until now. Both were still good, the former more so. It's a shame we haven't seen much with Pharynx since, or that a bunch of stuff happened off screen between "Triple Threat" and "To Change a Changeling".

Fruits Basket implied a lot of things but didn't explain it, to some frustration.

Kaleido Star shocked by revealing the masked figure is exactly who everyone expected. I was thrown off because the characters in-universe guessed it right away, but they still held off on the reveal for a bit.

~~~

The Thursday stream will be:
    1. A Goofy Movie
    2. Disney's House of Mouse - 208 - Max's Embarrassing Date

With Father's Day coming up, and people otherwise wanting to see it, A Goofy Movie only seemed appropriate. The second listing is something few people are aware of: a follow up of A Goofy Movie showing Max and Roxanne's first date! Though being House of Mouse, it's not that great; still, it's quite interesting that this even exists.

6-13-19 A Goofy Movie stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    The animation is pretty smooth and looks nice. But on the hand, the writing could have used some work. I remember the original Turnabout Storm being much more engaging. Though I don't remember if that's starting with the first video or later. Gotta go rewatch that at some point. This one's not super bad either but feels more checklist driven than story driven.
    Yeah, Turnabout Storm definitely felt more intense, while this feels pretty relaxed.

Stream followup. We watched the following.
    1. A Goofy Movie
    2. Disney's House of Mouse - 208 - Max's Embarrassing Date

I hadn't seen A Goofy Movie in years and years, so it was nice to see again. You really do emphasize more with Goofy when watching it at this age. When I was young, I always skipped the dream sequence at the beginning because of how scary it was. There's a lot I forgot about this, including the sequence on the river (including it having a song), and even the reason why Goofy felt the need to drag Max onto the vacation. Watching it after this long, the 90's really stand out in this, from the music to the outfits (also way more revealing outfits than I remembered). Anyway, it's good.

House of Mouse is a show about Mickey running a high end restaurant that all the other Disney characters eat at, making for tons and tons of cameos. This episode even had The Horned King in the background! However, the majority of the episode is made up of repackaged shorts from Mickey Mouseworks, an attempt at making new shorts for the classic Disney characters in the early 00s that didn't work that well. This means the promise of this restaurant set up just isn't explored well. Anyway, this episode involves Max going on a date with Roxanne at Mickey's restaurant. There isn't much to the date itself: just Mickey and others getting overexcited and trying to make the date perfect for them, instead constantly interrupting them, but it's just interesting to see someone at Disney actually remembered her, especially given Roxanne disappears for the actual sequel to A Goofy Movie. The shorts weren't great, but were still decently interesting to watch and comment on. First was Pluto getting wooed by a female dog, but then she turns out to be super horny and won't let him leave her house. Second was a Goofy instructional short about biking, which had some nice gags.

~~~

Art dump
    1.Human Chrysalis with changeling Chrysalis by jeglegator
    2.Cabaret Pinkie by RacoonKun on DeviantArt - Human
    3.Fluttershy sticking her tongue out by coinpo
    4.Thrackerzod by Whygena-Draws on Newgrounds - Mentally Advanced Series Sweetie Belle GIF
    5.Diamond Tiara X Cozy Glow by urbanqhoul

1.Toxic Fluttershy by AlexBlueBird on DeviantArt
    2.So Soft~ by CCKittyCreative on DeviantArt - Fluttershy and Wooloo
    3.Comfort by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    4.Sandbar Like Yona by dm29 on DeviantArt
    5.RD by Holivi on DeviantArt - Rainbow Anthro

1.[CM] 'Sup gals? by Hagallaz on DeviantArt - Starlight with gun
    2.Reformed Sisters by Bow2YourWaifu on DeviantArt - Trixie and Starlight
    3.Dapple Raratea by Evehly on DeviantArt - Rarity
    4.Princess Luna 2 by Livitoza on DeviantArt
    5.Princess Twilight Sparkle by Livitoza on DeviantArt

1.Her Pure Cuteness by Vird-Gi on DeviantArt - Luna
    2.EQG Waitress Fluttershy by erufi
    3.[Redraw] Friendship by Shadow-Nights on DeviantArt - Mane Six
    4.Innovations (Color sketch) by Yakovlev-vad on DeviantArt - Rose riding a robot
    5.Celestia by AutumnVoyage on DeviantArt

1.Only a Daymare by Rocket-LawnChair on DeviantArt - Luna and her pet, Tiberius
    2.Rarest Marshmallow by NCMares on DeviantArt - Rarity
    3.Sunrise Rainbow Dash by ChaosAngelDesu on DeviantArt
    4.Trixie Lulamoon 6 13 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
    5.Cloud Racers | Commission by Shibaroll on DeviantArt - Rainbow and Ember

1.Twilight by YummiestSeven65 on DeviantArt
    2.Lyra by tohupo
    3.Roseluck by Darksly-z on DeviantArt
    4.Day off by Holivi on DeviantArt - Hoofed Anthro Rarity and Sweetie
    5.Rainbow caught wearing Fluttershy's hoodie by Pinkie by hoodie

1.Rarity 6 14 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
    2.[Commission] Slytherin Cozy Glow by iojknmiojknm on DeviantArt - Human
    3.Rainbow Fluffie by Vird-Gi on DeviantArt
    4.Wooloo Yona by omny87
    5.Fluttershy being petted by pesty_skillengton
    6.EQG Rarity putting ears on EQG Princess Twilight by tomo

6-16-19 The Last Crusade stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup

The pre-stream stream was
    1. Kaleido Star 23-26

And the main stream was
    *.Beep Beep! - YouTube
    1. MLP - 223 - Ponyville Confidential
    *.[MLP Comic Dub] Apple Family Tradition (comedy) - YouTube
    2. MLP - 506 - Appleoosa's Most Wanted
    *.MLP Animatic "I'll Keep Trying" (Scootaloo Sings) - YouTube
    3. MLP - 604 - On Your Marks
    *.[MLP Comic Dub] Like Proud Parents (comedy) - YouTube
    4. MLP - 721 - Marks and Recreation
    *.PMV - Scootaloo Underground - YouTube
    5. MLP - 912 - The Last Crusade
    *.[PMV] The Middle - CMC - YouTube
    6. Fruits Basket - 11
    *.[PMV] MLP FIM - Cutie Mark Crusaders - Giddy Up - YouTube

Kaleido Star featured intense training in the Grand Canyon leading to a miraculous definitely not gay acrobatic maneuver that leaves everyone in awe. It's a surprise that the divine move (or whatever it was called) appears and is successfully pulled off only halfway through the series, but Layla is left supposedly permanently injured as a result, leaving Sora on her own. These episodes were alright. A lot of the appeal of the show is everyone getting together to work through their shows, but these episodes were focused solely on Sora and Layla, and on them struggling, which is less fun. Still, I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the show.

It was interesting watching all of these CMC episodes, since they ended up all coming together for "The Last Crusade". These episodes were all generally better than I remembered, but two streams in a row tired me out, haha. Fruits Basket was alright.

6-20-19 X-Files Colony stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, we watched the following
    1. X-Files - 216 - Colony
    2. Infinite Ryvius - 17
    3. Infinite Ryvius - 18

This X-Files episode went differently than I remembered. I thought for sure this introduced the alien oil. Is that the next episode? Anyway, this does introduce the Alien Bounty Hunter, who is capable of shapeshifting. Oddly, despite encountering shapeshifters of the same type pretty often, Mulder and Scully never develop any real countermeasures. They basically forget about the shapeshifters in time for every lore episode involving them. It's because of stuff like that that I intend not to stream many, if any, lore episodes after we watch the second part of this one later. Still, in the early days, this all felt very intriguing.

Ryvius featured the ship's societal structure continuing to fall apart because no one knows what they're doing and there's a chef coup, and then a pack of grannies appear to assault them with another gravity weapon. It continues to disappoint me that none of these other weapons are mechs. They're defeated and victorious music plays, but then we're back to society falling apart. Good set of episodes.

~~~

New chapter of The Enchanted Kingdom is out!

Here's my review
    This was a great chapter, skillfully switching from the sheer dread of going back to the library and encountering what appeared to be new drawings from Discord, to the purest of RariTwi fluff once they actually get inside. I can see why you struggled with this one. Everything comes together so well here that it's hard to call out anything in particular. Well, I suppose there is the fact that when Twilight first tried to go in, I was mentally telling her to go in with Rarity at the same time, and then later they did! Though in a sillier (and better) way than I imagined. Ponies riding ponies is truly the best reason a fic should use ponies instead of humans. It's a huge relief to see Rarity and Twilight work past at least this aspect of their trauma, and a blast from the past to see them have fun in the library again. You could even say it's... enchanted ethereal.

6-23-19 Between Dark and Dawn stream; Chat - Down Under
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *.Celestia is best princess - YouTube
    1. MLP:FiM - 504 - Bloom & Gloom
    *.How Celestia and Luna’s Parents Died MLP - YouTube
    2. MLP:FiM - 701 - Celestial Advice
    *.Everyone loves Princess Luna - YouTube
    3. MLP:FiM - 913 - Between Dark and Dawn
    *.Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's Embarrassing Photo Album! [MLP Comic Dub] - YouTube
    4. Fruits Basket - 12
    *."The Phantom of the Opera" IN MLP (Twilight X Luna) [REQUEST VID] - YouTube
    5. Kaleido Star - 29
    *.The Forest [ANIMATION] - YouTube
    6. Kaleido Star - 30
    *.[MLP Comic Dub] Celestia's Death (Dark Comedy/Or Normal Comedy/IDK Anymore) Ft. FlutterRose - YouTube
    7. MLP:FiM - 913 - Between Dark and Dawn

That second YouTube video contains the DEEP backstory of Celestia and Luna.

All the MLP episodes were good, though I was a bit distracted doing something else at the same time. People pointed out that the focus on Starlight's future in "Celestial Advice" is strange in retrospect, given she's just settled into a role given to her rather than seeking anything out.

Fruits Basket had Tohru meet Akito, resulting in real shit and also explaining to people Akito's gender and how the 00's dub handled Akito.

Kaleido Star was the start of a new season (skipping two recap episodes), where after completing the divine move (I keep forgetting the actual name), Sora has gained zero fame and instead everyone's upset that Layla was put down. A new barking rival has appeared who's pretty entertaining, I think. There's also a dumb French superstar.

~~~

Read a one-off RariTwi fic, What is a Youth by Undome Tinwe.

That was really cute! And nice to see Twilight being the seductive one this time.

~~~

And a chat story! Haven't posted one of these in a while. As an explanation, we have a Discord chat category called Temp Archive where channels that will temporarily go unused go. Right now the RP channel is there.

6-26-19 X-Files End Game stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Infinite Ryvius - 19
    2. Infinite Ryvius - 20
    3. X-Files - 217 - End Game

Ryvius had all the interpersonal drama start boiling over, and then Kyoji decides he's had enough and uses the Vital Guarder to threaten to kill everyone if anyone breaks the rules. It was nice to finally see people confront each other, as opposed to tons of things building up to the point where you can't keep track. We also streamed some comedy shorts tied to Ryvius that were alright.

The X-Files episode makes it clear that the lore episodes are just less interesting than a good one-off episode. Since this episode didn't end up including the Black Oil (that's actually a season 3 episode, "Piper Maru"), I'll show that one and then we'll be done with lore episodes. Next will be a comedic episode, though.

Not sure if there will be stream on July 4, or if it will be at another time. Many of the stream viewers aren't American, so who knows how much it will matter.

~~~

Cute video, and realistic

And art dump.

1.Bride of Discord by Xjenn9 on DeviantArt - And Human Fluttershy
    2.Humanized Mane Six, Celestia, and Luna by darkest-lunar-flower
    3.Ice Cream by Skitsniga on DeviantArt - Sunset
    4.My Ballerina by animax-cartoon on DeviantArt - Twilight
    5.Princess Luna ^^ by FalafelJake on DeviantArt - Anthro

1.Applejack X Pinkie by akainu_pony
    2.Unicorn Twilight and Spike at a fireplace by harwick
    3.Giant Silverstream by vincher
    4.Octavia and Vinyl by Andy Price (commission)
    5.Smolder doodle. by Marenlicious on DeviantArt

1.Must Protec by Evehly on DeviantArt - Rainbow and Fluttershy (posted in the chat story above too)
    2.Princess Twilight Sparkle Angles Animation by Earthstar01 on DeviantArt
    3.Sunset's Isekai by Xjenn9 on DeviantArt
    4.Tsundere Tomboys by Doodle-Mark on DeviantArt - Rainbow X Applejack
    5.lavender walk by rrimia on DeviantArt - Fluttershy

1.Twilight by lollipony
    2.SummerCel2019 by johnjoseco on DeviantArt - Celestia
    3.Sun Princess by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt - Celestia
    4.Sunset and Scratch by Pastel-Pony-Pictures on DeviantArt - Sunset X Vinyl
    5.NATG VIII - Day 6 - Ponkirin by Pirill-Poveniy on DeviantArt - Kirin Pinkie, with a hidden Derpy

1.Pizza with marshmallow by xbi on DeviantArt - Rarity doing something horrifying
    2.Sunbutt Appreciation Day by SeishinAnn on DeviantArt - Celestia
    3.Twilight charging by orchidpony
    4.Little Sprout by ChaosAngelDesu on DeviantArt - Pinkie
    5.Facing Reality by Rocket-LawnChair on DeviantArt - Autumn Blaze

1.KAPTOHKA by Xjenn9 on DeviantArt - Derpy
    2.Luna meets the MagnaLuna Luna by darkest-lunar-flower
    3.Twilight Sparkle 6 23 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
    4.Smolder II by Auroriia on DeviantArt
    5.Revelation by Vird-Gi on DeviantArt - Celestia

1.Mlp-01 by KalTheDestroyer on DeviantArt - EQG Mane Seven chibi
    2.New dress by Xjenn9 on DeviantArt - Maid Twilight
    3.Fluttershy in sundress by osawari64
    4.eyes and worldview by Colorochka on DeviantArt - Marble and Pinkie
    5.Azumanga Daioh crossover, Unicorn Twilight with Koyomi by lupeylycan

1.Commission 31 : Personal problem by Marenlicious on DeviantArt - Rainbow and Smolder changing clothes
    2.You're not my real mom... by AHEKAO on DeviantArt - Spike and Twilight
    3.Headless Human Horse Commission by WitchTaunter on DeviantArt - Lyra
    4.Celly Day by LolliponyBrony on DeviantArt - Celestia
    5.Celestia by joselyn565 on DeviantArt

6-30-19 Rainbow Roadtrip stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    I tried watching some of Infinite Ryvius last week. There's a lot of cool concepts like slow space battles, the weird sea and space combination, the gravity weapon (though it still focused on crushing things with it instead of messing with trajectories which I would have thought more important for slow battles), something about navigational solids I haven't figured out (or if there's anything behind that).

But the whole thing is just too slowly paced. And I didn't care as much about the ship's internal politics (though having most of the crew not work together except in pockets is kind of interesting). I guess the people are a bit generic and its more like "let's watch want happens when these archtypes are stuck together" than proper character development. Or maybe I haven't got far enough.

Probably won't be able to make it to today's stream unfortunately (if there is one).
    Solids are basically just computer programs; ex, given the current conditions, a navigation solid to move forward.

I largely agree, to be honest. It's slowly paced and I don't care too much about the characters. And it only recently felt like it was really going anywhere with the characters, in the last eight episodes. I mainly just enjoyed the concepts you mentioned.

Stream followups. Nothing much to say about the one on Thursday. Clue didn't work out, so we watched a single YouTube episode instead.

On June 30, we watched the following.
    *.My Little Pony G3 - Runaway Rainbow - Colours of the Rainbow - YouTube
    *.MLP FiM intro g3 style - YouTube
    1. MLP - Rainbow Roadtrip
    *.My Little Pony G3 - Runaway Rainbow - Colours of the Rainbow - YouTube
    *.Rainbow Dash's Special Day - YouTube
    *.My Little Pony G3.5 Opening (Great Days) (Fan-Made) - YouTube
    2. Fruits Basket - 13
    *.MLP G3 WONDERFULL RUSH OP AMV - YouTube
    3. Kaleido Star - 31
    *.MLP G3 AMV "SHINE LIKE RAINBOWS" EG - YouTube
    4. Kaleido Star - 32
    *.Hub G4 vs G3 Bumpers: Pinkie Pie's Home Movie Theater - YouTube

Showed "Colors of the Rainbow" twice to accommodate people who came in after the first showing, and this must be seen by everyone.

I posted my updated Rainbow Roadtrip thoughts in the season 9 thread, but in short... same as before. One person in the stream who hadn't seen it before said they liked it.

Rainbow Dash's Special Day is a G3 special that recaps Rainbow's appearances in previous G3 specials. Yes, G3 had recap specials. This one is interesting because Rainbow had two VAs during G3. The framing story used Rainbow's second VA, so they actually had her go back and redub all of Rainbow's lines in the flashbacks. This created especially odd moments where Rainbow's new VA had to say Rainbow's old catch phrases. New Rainbow said everything was "dashing", while Old Rainbow said "darling" a lot.

Fruits Basket 13 had Yuki's brother, Aya, who is quite a character. I think he went over well.

Kaleido Star honestly started to lose me with these episodes. Leon, the new acrobatics superstar character to replace Layla, is a complete drag and I hate how he more or less brings about power creep. Layla was good at acrobatics but clearly needed to practice all her shows. Leon meanwhile does everything perfectly first go, including things with tools he's never used before, and looks down on Sora for not doing the same.

Interesting animation, though I don't like this as much as the previous "A Different View of" videos. This is about Discord altering reality so Applejack's parents meet, thus bringing about her birth.

And here's a recording of a song planned for the never-to-be fan movie Journey of the Spark. I've always been fascinated by this fan project, which was announced between season 2 and 3, with the selling point of Discord and Chrysalis teaming up. It was clearly never going to happen, but the creator did release a fully voiced animatic trailer, and even a song for it (no animation). The premise of the movie was that Twilight is left in charge of Canterlot for a bit, but screws up so much that a dragon destroys the castle and she runs away to the ends of Equestria, which I suppose is what's depicted in this song. The start of the song is rough as hell, but it gets better past that part.

Art dump
    1.Pinkie Pie | ATG #2| by Shibaroll on DeviantArt
    2.EQG Pinkie dressed as Aqua from KonoSuba by leone di cielo
    3.Fluttershy says - You can do the thing! by HungrySohma16 on DeviantArt
    4.Motherly metaphors by bobthedalek on DeviantArt - Sunburst and Stellar Flare
    5.Catgirl Sonata by gay-horse

1.EQG Princess Twilight dressed as Akko from Little Witch Academia by leone di cielo
    2.EQG Fluttershy dressed as Nezuko from Kimetsu no Yaiba: Demon Slayer by leone di cielo
    3.Twilight by ask-colorsound
    4.Twilight by tohupo
    5.Jotaro Pinkie with Maud stand (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) by dstears

1.Rarity trying to teach Rainbow about dressmaking by dstears
    2.Filly Twilight and Shining Armor complaining to Twilight Velvet by dstears
    3.Mane Six by dvixie
    4.Sunset and SciTwi trying to toss rings by murai shinobu
    5.ATG 2019 Prompt 2: Dancey Twi (It's a gif!) by GrapheneDraws on DeviantArt

1.Celestia and Luna by probablyfakeblonde
    2.Day 4 - Rarity Breaking Point by SadTrooper on DeviantArt
    3.Lucky win in Ponopoly by Taurson on DeviantArt - Fluttershy and Rainbow
    4.The Way of the Roses - by TonyR by Tony-Retro on DeviantArt - Twilight
    5.A little cute bug by Marenlicious on DeviantArt - Ocellus

1.I want Nerd dragon more. by Marenlicious on DeviantArt - Smolder
    2.Furniture - ATG IX Day 3 by Ohemo on DeviantArt - Apple Bloom
    3.Why Do I Even Try by Underpable on DeviantArt - Lyra, for the fanfic Background Pony
    4.Trixie dancing by Zetamad on DeviantArt
    5.BIRDS,,,, by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt - Gallus X Silverstream

1.ATG IX 01 - standing by Coldtrail on DeviantArt - Sunset
    2.Detective Rarity by mirroredsea
    3.Pear Butter by Loyaldis on DeviantArt
    4.New Friends by Skitsniga on DeviantArt - Fluttershy and animals
    5.Sweetie Singing [ATG IX D1] by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt

1.Spectacle [ATG IX D2] by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt - Coloratura
    2.Detention [ATG IX D3] by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt - Sweetie and Cheerilee, note there's a lot of detail on the chalkboard
    3.Queen Sunset [ATG IX D5] by VanillaGhosties on DeviantArt
    4.Lyra and Bonbon by Holivi on DeviantArt - Anthro