• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is just a warning for those who are interested in getting involved in Mixer, but who also like having VODs to back up their content with. Unfortunately, even with my preset chosen to save VODs of my livestreams (by the way, make sure you do that before streaming if you care about this stuff!), and yet for some reason they're just...not there. I did get a VOD of me playing Perfect Dark saved, yet for some reason the livestreams I did of playing Resident Evil 5 and Tomb Raider Underworld are just...gone. They did not show up at all. They were definitely withing the 5 minute and 48 hour range of timespan for them to be done, and while the livestreams ultimately had 0 views, I am still disappointed that I couldn't re-upload them to my YouTube account or even just download them for achival purposes. So, I'm a bit skeptical on livestreaming to the site from now on. I used an Xbox One, by the way.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I'd assume Mixer doesn't show them when their processing or they just didn't save. I usually just record straight to my PC while streaming.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd assume Mixer doesn't show them when their processing or they just didn't save. I usually just record straight to my PC while streaming.
I contacted Mixer and they said they're not available in the backend. If I were streaming with my PC I'd do that too, but it kind of removes all the convenience that just streaming with the XB1 had, and thus the reason for even using Mixer in the first place.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, I just tried again and my latest stream has a VOD, so I am honestly not sure why it didn't save the last two.