• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
The widely popular, hit-indie game, beloved by all trophy and achievement hunters "My Name Is Mayo" is finally getting a sequel. Made by Green Lava Studios, the sequel will land on PS4 and Steam at an undisclosed date. (As of right now, it says "We'll release it as soon as we can"

If you don't know what My Name Is Mayo is, it's one of the easiest platinum trophies ever, and it ushered a new wave of "easy platinum games" with a full trophy list that can be earned in under 10 minutes. For example, Ratalaika games. The game places under the "clicker genre", where you simply click on a jar of mayo to unlock secrets, skins, dialogue, and trophies/achievements.

Their description on Steam details the following features for the game.
  • Unlock 10 more random facts!
  • Take part in the 4 different, wacky stories. One of them features little minigames!
  • Unlock the 50 super-unique achievements!
  • Fill the Mayo album with the 50 ultra-rare, the 1950s inspired, collectible cards!
  • Pointlessly compete with your friends and the world with the online "clicks" leaderboards!
Sadly, it's also confirmed that the game won't be 4K, it'll only support 1080p and 60 FPS for various platforms. (Which might be expected for a smaller indie game studio, like Green Lava Studios)

While you can't pre-order it as of right now, you can check out the Steam Page!

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I hope i can dip some french fries in it :) (nha, seriously, tuna and hard-boiled eggs)
(i didn't know about that first game, i'll have to educate myself about it)

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
it would be funny if they made that game specifically for the need to have the Hardest Platinum

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, it's also confirmed that the game won't be 4K, it'll only support 1080p and 60 FPS for various platforms.
tenor.gif

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Literally got the Platinum in an hour looking at my trophy timestamps. Only reason I did it was because the Stories: The Path of Destinies Plat nearly broke me and I wanted another for my trouble. But I don't think I'll get this.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I know there are plat hunters but is there enough for this to be profitable enough to be..worth the effort to make and publish it?? I'm so curious how much they made off the fitst

Oct 27, 2017
Man I love trophy hunting but the idea of spending money on a game just for trophies has always been ridiculous to me

The way I see it, these games are a "palate cleanser". I've been playing all AC games on PS4 and I spent I don't know how many hours playing AC4 Black Flag just recently. I had to go through the mindless multiplayer mode and the grindy singleplayer to get the Platinum. I'm totally in the mood for something quick and easy to take a break from the long, meaty games right now.

I don't respect anyone who buys a game for an easy plat tbh.

I don't think anyone is looking for your respect or validation. Though if that makes you feel better with yourself, more power to you.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
I'd love to lie to myself and say i won't pick this up but i'm all in baby

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
it would be funny if they made that game specifically for the need to have the Hardest Platinum

Make 49 trophies really easy... make the 50th trophy just "Click one millilon times". Simple... but if you can manage a sustained three clicks a second, that's *still* four straight days of clicking.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Out now, costs $0.99

My Name is Mayo 2

This is a clicker game about a mayonnaise jar. It’s also creamy, dreamy and properly sequel-y Right in the middle of the Next-Gen hurricane, comes the true next-gen game everyone’s been waiting for ...Not this one; but it’s close This... is the touching story about a disorganized Mayo jar, who...
store.steampowered.com

My Name is Mayo 2 on Steam

Mayo is back, and it’s all about kicking butts and having an existential crisis. This is a clicker game about a mayonnaise jar.