• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Do the discs go on the "wrong" side of the case?

I get there's no wrong side...But it's just confusing when literally every other case puts it on the opposite side. Why did MS do it? Just to be different? It blows here.

Otherwise I got the Master Chief Collection to play when he's not on. Been missing Halo 1 MP. So much fun I almost want to get an XB1 myself. ..Almost

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make them seem different I guess. I remember we weirded out when I first got mine but I'm used to it now.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I actually ended up kind of liking it, but it was really strange at first.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like that it makes the stucture of the case more rigid, the PS4 cases sag when pressed even a little bit towards the center, and makes it feel so cheap.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Wow clickbait!

Yeah I noticed that but didn't think anything of it until this thread. Although I only own one physical game for the X, everything else is digital.

I'd suggest tweeting Phil Spencer or Albert Penello, I'm sure they'd be happy to shed some light on it.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
What does it mean to go on the wrong side of the case? Does anyone have a picture to exemplify?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Why have i been seeing a bunch of clickbait titled threads lately.
Did Buzzfeed release a training DVD recently or something?

P.S I got used to the disk being on the other side these days i

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I'm all digital this gen so I didn't even know this was a thing but I do wonder if I wouldn't actually like this. It makes it easier for right-handed people to grab the game out, I would imagine.

OP
OP
BladeoftheImmortal
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell......

Did you not add the first sentence to the title?
so you'd click the thread. It worked .
Wow clickbait!

Yeah I noticed that but didn't think anything of it until this thread. Although I only own one physical game for the X, everything else is digital.

I'd suggest tweeting Phil Spencer or Albert Penello, I'm sure they'd be happy to shed some light on it.
I might actually do that.

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the wrong side of the case?

I'm looking at my PS4 Slim right now and the discs also go in the left side. And if I remember correctly, the same is true for the 360, Xbox One and One S.

Deleted member 11934

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't actually sound that bad. They actually reinforced the materials of the case too to make it bend less in.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
This makes me realize I have never once held a current gen case in my hands. I don't even know that I've ever looked at a case in person for a current gen system.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As a right handed person, it actually makes more sense to go on the left. Sure, it's different to what you're used to but, hey, it's a disc in a plastic box. Who cares?

Can we talk about the awful thread title? What the hell man.

Deleted member 7948

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I like that it makes the stucture of the case more rigid, the PS4 cases sag when pressed even a little bit towards the center, and makes it feel so cheap.

Seriously? It makes no sense. I'm literally holding my Xbox Madden 18 and my PS4 WW2 case...and there is no difference. It makes more sense to have the disc face one as it opens. I never understood this from Xbox copies...IMo it's just MS trying to be "different". It's an idiotic ideal.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never even noticed it. Good thing I play the game more than I worry about a plastic case.

Honestly sticker residue annoys me more.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
cOECaZP.jpg

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was weird at first but it's way better on that side if your a rightie which most ppl are.

You open it, and the case sits in your left hand as your strong hand deals with the cd. I like it so much more

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a right handed person, it actually makes more sense to go on the left. Sure, it's different to what you're used to but, hey, it's a disc in a plastic box. Who cares?

Can we talk about the awful thread title? What the hell man.

Ya this what I mean. It's more logical for right handers.

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I find it easier to get the disc out since I hold the case with my left hand and pull the disc out with my right. Just needs an easy release center push button like the PS4 cases have.

DynamiteCop!

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Seriously? It makes no sense. I'm literally holding my Xbox Madden 18 and my PS4 WW2 case...and there is no difference. It makes more sense to have the disc face one as it opens. I never understood this from Xbox copies...IMo it's just MS trying to be "different". It's an idiotic ideal.
I don't believe they did this just because, Microsoft is a very analytical company, there has to be a lot more to this and I assume there's some kind of actual data behind it that caused this change.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I always thought it made more sense and ended up thinking it was a better layout than the cases of ye olde! I mean i guess it's common knowledge that there are more right handed people than left and having the disc on the left when opened makes it a little easier to grab the disc with the right hand. I mean in the end it doesn't really matter much to me what side the disc is on as long as the case protects it well it's just a small thing I ended up liking. I'm sure the "be different" reasoning is valid also as it does set it apart from PS/Blu ray cases.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the people saying it's easier for a righty if the disc is on the left. How do you open cases? With it on the right you barely have to move your hands so I imagine having it on the left would work better for lefties.