• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The original news comes from a user here.

www.resetera.com

[Persona Central] Atlus Teases Several Unannounced New Titles for 2023

The port is releasing this month. After it's released, nothing would prevent them from announcing a remake this year.

TA-Q7F-wZo5xEDjubSplI9tWVtNsMzLVJFmgnwNQr9g.jpg

The news of the Persona 3 remake comes from the same person who leaked the existence of all three Persona games coming to Xbox Game Pass. The remake will apparently feature "Persona 5-like graphics and quality-of-life improvements." It is not known if the Persona 3 remake is scheduled for this year.

mynintendonews.com

Rumour: Persona 3 Remake is apparently in development at Atlus

It would seem as though powerhouse Atlus is currently beavering away at a remake of Persona 3. The news comes from several insiders. Atlus has already released Persona 3 remakes, Persona 3 FES and…

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Please be true so we can experience the ability to play with both FES and Portable content in P5 like visuals!

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy that in a heart beat

Don't wanna play Persona 3 Portable. Don't even know why they are re releasing that

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Wait, so you know this is an Era -> Internet -> Era, and you still posted it? Why even bother linking the article that's ultimately just citing Era?

There are no Persona games before 3
I usually post to mostly give credit where I see the news.
Plus is the first website reporting on it.
But I can delete and just keep the link to the quote if people want.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Given how people mixed people seem to be about the version of P3 we are getting this month, I'm prepared to wait very patiently to see if this remake pans out lol

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
As someone who only finished 5/5Royal, I was thinking of buying 3 and 4 remasters this month.
Maybe I should just buy 4 and wait for this possible remake.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems weird to be releasing a P3P port if this was on the horizon, but having a definitive version of P3 would be nice.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I've never been of the opinion that this game needs it, I'd rather they remake P2 (and somehow integrate both parts into one cohesive whole).
But hey, I'm not gonna complain you know...

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Might be skipping the port then if this is the case

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Feel like we've been talking about this for months. And the source is Era, lol. Is this actually some new development?

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I won't complain but I wish Atlus would revisit their older SMT games, I love Persona but they've all but abandoned that moody and dark style and having replayed DDS recently, I didn't realize how much I missed that kinda experience. But can't blame them for focusing on their biggest franchise I guess

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
I was going to say this makes no sense when they're only now getting round to porting it, but then I remembered this is Atlus we're talking about it so it's most likely 100% true.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Feel like we've been talking about this for months. And the source is Era, lol. Is this actually some new development?

Not really. I think that insider has said a remake is coming in the past but the actual posts being referenced are recent. Basically a poster said he didn't believe the remake was real and the insider was wrong and the insider showed up to say, 'nah, it's real, a remake of 3 is coming.'

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
The people crying for a Persona 2 remake are not going to be happy if we do get one because it'll have to conform to the current Persona style. Which is also why it'll never happen because rewriting it around the social sim elements is going to be hard.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
They should get the guy that designed the Soul Matrix in Soul Hackers 2 to design the new Tartarus, that would be funny.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
For people who are saying this makes 'no sense' with the port of P3P, there's a few things you have to keep in mind. The first is that this is a relatively easy to port game that is going to be, like, $20. Atlus isn't releasing it as a keystone title and marketing it as a full release. A full remake is going to be a much bigger undertaking and going to be marketed as new, full release.

Another thing is if the FemMC is not going to be remade, it makes sense to have some version of the game on the market with that content because they know it has its fans. I'm going to quote the insider who has been talking about this, and he seems to be hinting this is the case (it's also not the first time he's made some vague hints that the FemMC route will get the axe).

Because P3P is a cheap port of a PSP game, same as P4G. It's easy money and you can bring the "whole" saga (because, let's be honest, P1 and P2 don't exist) to the new consoles.

P3R is like Persona 5, both graphically and QoL stuff related. And the content (or the lack of it) might not leave all the fans happy, so they still have P3P.

Also it's Atlus.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I could have sworn some of those "insiders" had already said the rumored remake was ultimately just the announced remaster.