• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Holy shit, the PS4 just turned on this time!
Currently slowly doing the usual checks, like when the system gets turned off by getting disconnected from power.

I also removed some dust (which I have to admit, was a bit more than I expected) from the vents/holes. Maybe it was too much and the system really just did overheat? I mean, this sweet baby runs like 18 hours every day, and I own it since Day 1.

We are all getting old and tired.

It's done with the system check now. Everything works so far. Trying Dragon Ball now.

Thanks to everyone who helped, made memes, or just helped by sending some genki energy to my PS4 Pro.
I talked to Kami for you.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Now your making me paranoid about my 500 Million edition Pro. My younger brother is playing DBZ Kakarot on it right now and the thing sounds like a jet engine.
Currently slowly doing the usual checks, like when the system gets turned off by getting disconnected from power.

I also removed some dust (which I have to admit, was a bit more than I expected) from the vents/holes. Maybe it was too much and the system really just did overheat? I mean, this sweet baby runs like 18 hours every day, and I own it since Day 1.

It's done with the system check now. Everything works so far. Trying Dragon Ball now.

Thanks to everyone who helped, made memes, or just helped by sending some genki energy to my PS4 Pro.
Good to hear!
5EKF4FR.png

Sep 25, 2018
So yeah, just had some heated fights near the Kame House, testing out my new Bending Kamehameha. The screen just suddenly went black for one second, and showed colorful lines for another half second, followed by the PS4 PRO completely shutting off. Now it won't turn on or react anymore. Sometimes, like every 10 minutes, it makes the first beep sound, when you turn the system on, but that's it.

start saving for ps5

OP
OP
BakedTanooki

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
start saving for ps5

Already did :) Waiting for pre orders to open!

Unfortunately, it seems like my PS4 Pro isn't out of trouble at all. I left it on sleep mode when I went to bed, but it was shut off when I woke up. When I tried to turn it on, the system only made the one single beep sound + blue light for one second. It took like 20 attempts of pulling the plug off/in until it finally started again.

At least I was able to update all my important save files to the cloud.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
I love that DBZ destroyed your ps4 then when it turned back on miraculously you pitted it against DBZ yet again in classic DBZ rematch fashion. Then it was destroyed again. Classic DBZ. Try putting your ps4 in a gravity training chamber.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Glad it's not so dead OP, but 18 hours a day since day 1? No wonder it's complaining a bit.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of dust look at some tutorials you can remove the lid pretty easily and it can build up quite a bit of dust under there.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018

18 hours every day?!

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Already did :) Waiting for pre orders to open!

Unfortunately, it seems like my PS4 Pro isn't out of trouble at all. I left it on sleep mode when I went to bed, but it was shut off when I woke up. When I tried to turn it on, the system only made the one single beep sound + blue light for one second. It took like 20 attempts of pulling the plug off/in until it finally started again.

At least I was able to update all my important save files to the cloud.

It does sound like it's overheating, it's pretty easy to check the thermal paste and wipe it off and apply new paste if it's all dried. But be sure all your saves are uploaded first or backed up to a PC.

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's out of warranty and this might be a good opportunity to open the system and taking a deeper look. Guess I'll let the console rest for a night and try it again tomorrow.

The most important things are my save files. I'm currently playing like 6 or 7 huge games simultaneously at the moment, and planned to get Platinum on all of them. There are hundred hours of Dragon Quest 11, 400 hours of Death Stranding, many hours of Wreckfest, hundred hours in Judgment etc.

Did you buy it with a credit card? Most major cards provide an additional 1 year warranty as a perk. Simply give them a call and they will walk you through the process.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
No, in Dragon Ball Super, Uub has not been born yet. Majiin Buu is still alive, thus is not reincarnated as Uub.
Fat Buu doesn't get reincarnated into Uub, it's Kid Buu that does. Uub is alive, he's a toddler. He was mentioned twice in the anime and shown once in the manga. Right now the series is roughly 3 and a half years away from the events at the end of the original manga/Z anime where they meet Uub.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
As I'm playing DBZ in this very moment: The Problem was the Hardware, not the game, right? Right?

Last edited:

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
My PS4 Pro turn off completely three times on the same cut scene from DQXI, the one of the bridge in the sewers. The fourth time display a message saying the ps4 was to hot and shut down and finally after reinstalling the game and trying again it went past the scene and haven't got any issues every since. Hope your issues are solved m8