• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
One time I accidentally went inside a building while swinging and couldn't get out

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
I had a glitch last night where a major villain's dialog wouldn't play at the start of act 3. Any one else incounter this?

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks less like a glitch. and more a way to keep traffic moving. Using space that the player can't see. Probably saves a lot of computations but I'm no programmer.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did that too. Brooklyn Bridge right? I had to reload the game because I couldn't swing my way back and Spidey can't really swim.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One time I accidentally went inside a building while swinging and couldn't get out
Same thing happened to me, my 2 year old song was swinging around (holding and letting go of R2, while mashig X button sometimes) and he ended up inside of a building, funny thing is that the building did have some squares with stuff inside it (stores and stuff), and I could crawl to the inner wall, but there was no way to get out.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I've had two bugs so far, one minor, one really effin annoying.

1. MJ's little codec box thing popped up and I waited for three or four minutes for her to start talking to give me the next quest. She never did. I restarted the game and everything was fixed, she started talking.

2. I followed a guide to get all 50 secret photos. Once I hit 49, I swung to #50, found it, landed so I could take a photo. Right as I took the photo, I got a crime notification. Went and solved the crime, checked my suits for the special suit, it wasn't there. Went back to the photo site to see if maybe I hadn't actually taken the photo, wouldn't let me take a new one. So I guess I don't get the suit.

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
One of the few games that I encountered a glitch.

During the first
"Miles Morales Mission"
His speech track wasn't working. All other charter voice tracks worked fine. Glad I had subtitles on.

Oct 25, 2017
Game has a lot of little quirks like this that are fun to see sometimes. The majority of the time they're just amusing and cause no real disruption.

The only time I really got pissed off was the helicopter chase as shown in the e3 demo. Instead of jumping through the broken sign, spider-man got completely trapped in the geometry and I couldn't get out so it failed me. When it came back it had completely skipped that part, not giving me a chance to retry, and then during the L2R2 quick time event with the falling helicopter the screen randomly went black so I failed again.
By the time it finished I was just glad it was over which basically ruined the sequence.

The only other time I remember being annoyed is when JJ started another of his episodes and his voice abruptly cut off and never came back. Nothing even interrupted it, just silence. I love listening to JJ so I'm sad I missed whatever that one was supposed to be. This one isn't a big deal, though.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
spider-man is glitchy as fuck, i got one where some thugs were supposed to be kicking a street cop on the floor but the cop's model wasn't there so it just looked like they were kicking the thin air

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got into the Raft Building and got stuck inside. I actually swam across the river to get there..

I wasn't aware I was actually glitching the game.. I thought I had to swim there to get the landscape picture. Lmao

Oct 25, 2017
spider-man is glitchy as fuck, i got one where some thugs were supposed to be kicking a street cop on the floor but the cop's model wasn't there so it just looked like they were kicking the thin air
My girlfriend and I love watching glitches like that. Start yelling at the screen like "Hell yeah FUCK that ghost up, shithead knocking your lamps over and opening cupboards in the middle of the night, asshole, he's fucking DEAD. AGAIN."

Jaoox

Oct 27, 2017
Heh that's pretty interesting. I wonder what is actually causing that to happen.
To be fair this game is very polished. I encountered maybe one annoying glitch in my whole playthrough

(I have to ask though.... You know there is a button on the PS4 controller to take videos and upload them on Youtube right ? Why would you film the screen....?)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only glitches I had were a sound effect going on after the cutscene had finished and an enemy getting stuck between two cars with a grenade and comboing himself to death.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have only played the intro, hoping to see a more polished version by the time I'm done with DQXI main story.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same thing happened to me, my 2 year old song was swinging around (holding and letting go of R2, while mashig X button sometimes) and he ended up inside of a building, funny thing is that the building did have some squares with stuff inside it (stores and stuff), and I could crawl to the inner wall, but there was no way to get out.

That happened to me as well, I had to jump down a hole that led to a sky so Spider-Man could die and rebooted back into the proper game world.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
The only bug I've encountered so far is the lab, a voice message is clickable before it is supposed to be (the recorder isn't there on the table). You don't hear the message but Spider-Man replies like he did hear it. Later on the recorder is visible but you cannot interact with it.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
The only other time I remember being annoyed is when JJ started another of his episodes and his voice abruptly cut off and never came back. Nothing even interrupted it, just silence. I love listening to JJ so I'm sad I missed whatever that one was supposed to be. This one isn't a big deal, though.

Not sure whether you know this but if you have missed any JJ shows due to other world events or accidentally triggering a mission you can listen to them from the collectables tab on the menu.

Many of the glitches I've encountered are purely comical like characters not mouthing their dialogue and then being out of sync with the lip sync as it tries to catch up.

Also managed to push a boss outside of the combat arena and was unable to fight him. That meant having to start the entire mission over again.

Oct 27, 2017
I just think it's funny you recorded the screen and uploaded it instead of just using the PS4's recording and upload capabilities.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Top Story: Spider-Man Redirects Traffic Off Bridge!

HahJNvd.jpg

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's cute cuz how much people love Spider-Man and want the game to succeed... but these glitches really are adding up everywhere I look