• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 31, 2017
I'm gonna try to keep things vague.

I'm a new hire at a municipality, coming from different municipality.

I'm an entry/associate level hourly engineer, he's a 20+ year senior level salaried engineer.

No real problems yet, and this rotation is only supposed to be less than a year. Is this setup common? It seems extremely screwed up to me.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supervisor does not necessarily mean management.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
It's odd at least in businesses the company management is non union so they can bust balls and step in when a walk out happens etc. If he's not gonna ride you because he's a fellow member and your steward I saw don't make waves.

OP
OP
Stay Up Be Easy
Dec 31, 2017
I'm bumping this thread cause the situation's evolved and I need it off my chest.

My supervisor is gonna be referred to as G.

G is one of the slimiest, speak of out both sides of every hole pieces of shit I've ever worked with. Right behind Bruce and Mark.

Our very first interaction was garbage, and everyone he works with told me he was a snake and to watch out.

Long story short, his decades of kissing ass and faking it till he made it worked and G was given an appointee position last year and he became a department boss of all of us.

I've got a grievance matriculating the system and he literally just makes shit that contradicts what he said 10 minutes ago.

Unrelated to my case but this motherfucker is literally arguing against grievances he brought forward as the union president less than 18 months ago.

I really don't understand how some people can just exist as a piece of human shit and are perfectly fine with it.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. That really shouldn't even be possible. Why does your union rep both rank and file and supervisory staff? feels almost counterintuitive to the grievance process.

Or is he just now your boss since it's been a few years.

So…this is my bread and butter and I don't have any advice for you beyond getting tf out and getting a new job as soon as you can because you aren't going to get anything resolved under leadership like that and you have no protections in what appears to be a 100% a broken system.

OP
OP
Stay Up Be Easy
Dec 31, 2017
Yikes. That really shouldn't even be possible. Why does your union rep both rank and file and supervisory staff? feels almost counterintuitive to the grievance process.

Or is he just now your boss since it's been a few years.

So…this is my bread and butter and I don't have any advice for you beyond getting tf out and getting a new job as soon as you can because you aren't going to get anything resolved under leadership like that and you have no protections in what appears to be a 100% a broken system.
Without saying too much, it's municipal construction. Call my position N. Historically it went from N1 to N10, although there hasn't been an N8-10 in decades due to intentional attrition and lack of hiring.

N1+2s support N3s. N4s and 7s ran units. A now fired N4 used to be the union president. G and this N4 have been beefing for decades from what I heard. G ran as President and lost in 2018. He filled in as union president around COVID when N4 was fired. G got promoted to a director position in 2022.

Long story short there's beefs and racism and nationality and religious beefs that have been going on for years in this department and put politics on top of it...