• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Mysterious artist Slingbaum has announced his debut album, and it features some high profile guests. D'Angelo, Erykah Badu, FKA twigs, Damon Albarn, and more have contributed to the project. Slingbaum announced the record—which is comprised of only three tracks—via his Instagram account on January 15. "Today I humbly present my first record," he wrote. "This is the result of years of work shared with the individuals listed with whom it was the greatest pleasure of my life to work with." Find his full post below.

The album, titled Slingbaum One, is broken up into three parts: "Behoove," featuring Erykah Badu and D'Angelo, "Strangers," with FKA twigs, Nick Hakim, Oumou Sangaré, and Questlove, and "Morphine," which features Damon Albarn, Bilal, Syd, and jazz pianist Ahmad Jamal. Slingbaum One is a vinyl-only release, and is available for pre-order now on the artist's website. Orders should reach customers in May (approximately).

Prior to Slingbaum One, Slingbaum's song "Water Games" was featured on REVIVE Music Presents: Supreme Sonacy (Vol. 1) back in 2015. When asked about Slingbaum's identity, a representative offered the following photograph:

unnamed.jpg

So who is it era? To be able get this many heavyweights on your 3 song album you have to be somebody, right? I mean, not just anyone can summon D'Angelo, That man doesn't come out of hiding just for anyone.

Source: https://pitchfork.com/news/slingbaum-announces-new-album-with-dangelo-erykah-badu-fka-twigs-more/