• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
You shouldn't be mad if this is a fake, it's testament to how people miss Valve as a game maker. I know it isn't exactly a hot take, but Jesus what a shame.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
I´m gonna say fake.

No real reason why, just something feels off in the video. Like, it´s supposed to be a teaser or something, but isn´t really? You know?

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
assets look too high for a one man fake though?

but the real brands make me think easy fake

either way hyped af pls do it valve

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I'll believe it's real. Why not?

I'm semi-serious. If it's not real it's not like I'd be very hurt about it. Valve has put a permanent callus over my heart when it comes to Valve related hype.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously fake, but man it was nice to be reminded of the good old days again. Might install L4D2 tonight and go a few games for old times sake.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Ignoring Staff Post; Drive-by trolling
I'd believe it if Valve actually made video games still. Therefor I do not believe it.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
valve said they have a game coming this year (to coincide with the index as well?)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I'd believe it if Valve actually made video games still. Therefor I do not believe it.

We have rebooted this thread. Whether this is real or not, do not make drive-by posts about how Valve doesn't make video games. These comments will be moderated.

tenor.gif

On the topic: Would love for it to be real. I loved to play L4D and L4D2 with my friends back in the days. Cant believe its already been 10 years.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man though imagine if this had played at E3 or something. People would have lost their minds when it came back from black to the hand.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
reaching out to a someone standby.
not an insider just someone who may be able to lend a little more credibility or take it away we'll see.

edit: reached out to a couple. it's work time where everyone is rn so it might be a bit but, we'll see what i can find out.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I long for the pant-wetting strains of the "Tank" theme when you're metres away from the safe room door.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was kinda believing it, but that scream at the end just seemed a bit off to me for whatever reason.

Impressive though, whatever it is.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
I want to believe! I actually believed this was real all the way till the scream at the end. For some reason that scream just doesn't make sense, there's not really a scream like that in the previsions games. If it was a tank growl or hunter scream maybe i'd buy it. The pic of coach and what looks to me like Bill with an X over his photo is a really nice touch

Deleted member 33597

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
It's very much fake (many, many telltale signs of it) but it's very well made, nearly professional grade. It is not SFM; graphically and lighting wise it's not even close to the original Source engine. I'm seriously curious why and how this happened - making this would've taken months of work and yet there's not credits or anything here.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The fact that it's just a camera moving through static environments convinces me pretty hard this is fake.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love it, and a new L4D game on next-gen consoles/PC would be glorious. I just... don't believe it's true. I'd imagine we'll find out in about a month or so though at E3. Just not gonna hold my breath for it just yet.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong in thinking this is not something Valve would do? Yea they've had ARGs and what not but dropping a teaser trailer that shows little of anything for something like L4D3 on some random Youtube channel seems dumb.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
The lack of character animation or any kind of dialogue leans me to believing this is a extremely high quality fan-made trailer, and whoever did it is very talented nevertheless. Looks professional quality.

If there ever is a Left 4 Dead 3, I'm so in. Day 1.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't know if I would love or hate a world where super high fidelity fake valve trailers are a thing

i20bot

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
We should get someone to complain about it so that Valve will send that person to their headquarters to check it out.