• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
image0.png

thanks nin for the banner!

Gamerunner: lokiduck and Verelios
Gamewatchers:
Players: 15
Complexity: Bastard
Day/Night Cycle: LoVe (lokiduck & Vere system)**

**Note that the start/end times are going to be a little different this time around. Day start will be at 2am UTC (7pm PDT) and day end at midnight UTC (5PM PDT).

!player_list
[He/Him] Natiko - UTC-5
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chugg - UTC-6
[He/Him] EvilChameleon|EC - UTC-4
[He/Him] HPsauce|HP - UTC+1
[She/her] Hawthorn - UTC-4
[He/Him] SalvaPot - UTC-7
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks|Sparkster - UTC-5
[Any] Sorian - UTC-6
[He/Him] Geno - UTC+0
[She/her] Ephidel|Ephi - UTC+1
[He/Him] AllThingsPurple|ATP - UTC+1
[He/Him] jman1954goat|jman - UTC-7
[She/her]/[They/Them] weemadarthur|Wee - UTC-5
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8
[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+12
!player_list

Replacements
1. He/Him] Hobohodo|Hobo - UTC+1 Replaced Jman.
2. [He/Him] Neki - UTC-7
3. [He/Him] Zippedpinhead - UTC-6
4. [He/Him] FateShirou - UTC-5
5. [He/Him] Lone_Prodigy|LP UTC-4
6. [He/Him] EzekelRAGE - UTC-6
7. [They/Them] Reki - UTC-4

Flavor:

Sample PM has died!

Welcome!

You are vanilla town!

You are aligned with town!

You also have the power to vote!

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

The Game thread is here:
If you have any questions please contact the gamerunners.

Have fun!

----------

Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main Mafia OT.

We also have a collection of resources for players you can find HERE.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
What Is Mafia?
Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:
1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Do not use slurs or bigoted language.
3. Please do not put active players on an ignore list during a game.
4. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
5. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
6. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
7. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity. This includes discussing circumstances around player replacement.
8. Please respect all of your fellow community members in terms of personhood and accessibility. In this community we require that you respect person's pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text (do not change text color unnecessarily and be mindful of small and large fonts' impact on readability). [Era has a public pronoun feature. It is not required to play in our games but we encourage its use.]
9. Failure to adhere to a player's personal pronoun will result in a private warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.

Game Behavior:
10. While mafia can be an intense and stressful game, with play becoming heated at times, please try to keep discussion as respectful and congenial as possible. Take a break if you feel heated. If someone is breaking a rule you are encouraged to alert your gamerunner and game watchers. Reports about in-game action and behavior will be handled by them, and the gamerunner will issue final rulings in the event of disagreements.
11. Being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If the gamerunner and game watchers find a player has been overly aggressive, action will be taken. First a private warning via PM will be given. Failure to stop the behavior will then result in another private warning and the offender will be given a priority penalty. If these behaviors still continue then that player will be removed from the game.
12. Treat players, gamerunners, and game watchers with respect. Players who are bothered by behavior they perceive as uncomfortable or as targeted aggression should make their positions clear in game as everyone has a different threshold. If a player feels someone has crossed a line they should contact the gamerunner and game watchers, listed in the first post, about the issue.
13. Players should not perform moderator actions in game, including using highlight text outside of voting, using highlight text to submit false or restricted commands, issuing day-end/start commands, or calling for the modkill or replacement of another player. Encouraging others to break these rules is also not allowed. While we understand mafia can be an intense experience, and players may wish to discuss in-game moderation decisions with the gamerunner, once a gamerunner makes a decision, please respect it as final.

Activity:
14. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will result in a private warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
15. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
16. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your gamerunner.
17. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.
18. Please do not theorize or discuss the reasons behind a player's replacement during a game.

Voting:
19. In order to vote for another player to be voted out, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Any other format will not be accepted.
20. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
21. Players may vote for a "No Vote" to end the day phase without a player being voted out. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: No Vote[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
22. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the removal of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:
23. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
24. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your gamerunner for more information.

Other:
25. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
26. If a player is replaced or modkilled due to any rule-breaking or being under the minimum post count limit, they will have end-game priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
27. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand.

Game Specific day/night start
OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Attention players i need your feed back.

So as you all know for this game...

Day start: 2am UTC
Day End: Midnight UTC

**Note that the start/end times are going to be a little different this time around. Day start will be at 2am UTC (7pm PDT) and day end at midnight UTC (5PM PDT).

We have those times to help with our moderation.

However, for DAY 1, we don't need that extra time so does everyone want day one to start at Midnight UTC? If so please so below while also confirming your role PMs.

Note that this will only be for day 1. the Remaining days will start at 2am UTC.

Last edited:

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Received my pm. I'm fine with either start time. In general I'm pretty psyched to have the day not end right as the work day ends, even if it means day start is a bit later in the evening.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Received my PM.
I'm good with either start time for the first day. Slight preference for midnight utc because then I might be able to check in before I sleep, but if I don't make day start I'll still be around later
767835171965370380.png

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Hey everyone. I just got off work and I do not know where Vere is so safe to say... we starting at 2 AM UTC after all.

Additionally Natiko has not checked in. If he does then we can for sure start today. 👀

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
>> what do you mean... You totally have a PM. <<

*rushes to google doc.*

Yours was the last one I sent out, so I think what happened is Era didn't let me post it and I didn't notice... sorry :<

EDIT: LOL it was saved in my drafts.
Thought maybe the game was so mysterious that even my role PM was a mystery👀 I am ready to go, whatever time is fine with me.