• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
989.gif

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Watching Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, as is per my Black Friday tradition, and I've just now noticed something. The Mads introduce the Wish Squisher, with which Frank puts in a box full of NES cartridges, and out comes Underoos that won't fit for 2 years. The Underoos are Super Mario Bros. 3 themed.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I'm only now finding this thread.

Yay for Season 12! Season 11 was so much better than I expected.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Wonder how long they have known about the renewal. T-day marathon is prerecorded and its been hyped up for a while too, imagine they got the news already weeks ago, if not longer and were holding back for T-day

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Wonder how long they have known about the renewal. T-day marathon is prerecorded and its been hyped up for a while too, imagine they got the news already weeks ago, if not longer and were holding back for T-day

What I heard is the option to shop the show around started in October so I imagine they had an informal agreement with Netflix then and something final soon after. Maybe a few weeks?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if there should be a Rifftrax OT, or if we can just talk about it here, but...

Rifftrax did a few Holiday shorts, and two movies. The guys did "Jack Frost" (the horror film, not the Michael Keaton film), and Bridget and Mary Jo did "Beyond Christmas"

https://www.rifftrax.com/jack-frost
https://www.rifftrax.com/beyond-christmas

Also, check your emails if you have a Rifftrax account. They just sent me a free $10 gift certificate.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I wish Mike, Kevin, and Bill would do more stuff. Especially shorts. Bridget and Mary Jo almost all the shorts these days. I don't like what I've seen from them. I really hate how Bridget delivers her lines. It really annoys me listening to her.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, SF Debris has been doing a retrospective on George Lucas and the creation of Star Wars. From the original up until the Disney Sale.

http://sfdebris.com/videos/special/hermitsjourney.php

Tidbit I never knew about. Trace Beaulieu did a voice-over audition in the late 90s. Turned out it was an audition for Jar Jar.
Trace has mentioned it a number of times on the Movie Sign podcast and in other interviews I've heard him on. But yeah, that's a pretty wild bit of information!

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
So, SF Debris has been doing a retrospective on George Lucas and the creation of Star Wars. From the original up until the Disney Sale.

http://sfdebris.com/videos/special/hermitsjourney.php

Tidbit I never knew about. Trace Beaulieu did a voice-over audition in the late 90s. Turned out it was an audition for Jar Jar.

He dodged a hell of a bullet...culturally, not financially. I bet having Star Wars money would go a long way towards making you feel better for being the butt of everyone's joke.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
I wish Mike, Kevin, and Bill would do more stuff. Especially shorts. Bridget and Mary Jo almost all the shorts these days. I don't like what I've seen from them. I really hate how Bridget delivers her lines. It really annoys me listening to her.
I am the exact opposite, I think they should do way more with Bridget and Mary Jo. They seem to do their riffs off the cuff rather than a script and they have great chemistry together.

Somewhat related to MST3K, Rifftrax is doing a live show in London for one day only. On Feb. 15, they will be doing Plan 9 From Outer Space and Samurai Cop at the Prince Charles Cinema.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Shout Factory has announced a wide release of season 11 on DVD and Blu-Ray on April 17. The only announced bonus feature is the We Brought Back MST3K Documentary.

For reference, these are the Kickstarter exclusive bonus features that aren't included.

• Introduction By Joel

• Behind-The-Scenes Galleries

• Blooper Reel

• Kickstarter Pitch Videos

• 2015 Turkey Day Marathon Interstitials At Kickstarter

• Leaked "Star Wars" Auditions With The Bots From MST3K

• Highlights: Final Countdown Telethon

• Excerpt: Rifftrax MST3k Cast Reunion

• Exceprt: MST3K Panel At 2016 Camp Conival

• Exceprt: MST3K Panel at 2016 San Diego Comic-Con

• 2016 Turkey Day Marathon Interstitials

• Highlights: The Advance Screening Tour Q&A

https://www.reddit.com/r/MST3K/comments/7brf3z/season_11_bluray_bonus_features_revealed/

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shout Factory has announced a wide release of season 11 on DVD and Blu-Ray on April 17. The only announced bonus feature is the We Brought Back MST3K Documentary.

For reference, these are the Kickstarter exclusive bonus features that aren't included.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MST3K/comments/7brf3z/season_11_bluray_bonus_features_revealed/
Pretty disappointing, but I get it. KS gotta have its own thing lest it cheapen the reward.

I got the download option from the Kickstarter so I'm not going to double dip on a fairly bare bones.

I'm wondering if Season 12 will be a Netflix only option or if they'll eventually have download options, too...

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty disappointing, but I get it. KS gotta have its own thing lest it cheapen the reward.

I got the download option from the Kickstarter so I'm not going to double dip on a fairly bare bones.

I'm wondering if Season 12 will be a Netflix only option or if they'll eventually have download options, too...

Multiple Netflix shows have gotten Blu-Ray releases and other download options (usually a couple of years after release on Netflix). For example you can buy Orange is the New Black on multiple digital stores including Google Play and Amazonor just buy it on Blu Ray. Netflix doesn't seem to buy unlimited rights to it's exclusive shows, just to use a videogame term they buy "timed exclusives".

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Multiple Netflix shows have gotten Blu-Ray releases and other download options (usually a couple of years after release on Netflix). For example you can buy Orange is the New Black on multiple digital stores including Google Play and Amazonor just buy it on Blu Ray. Netflix doesn't seem to buy unlimited rights to it's exclusive shows, just to use a videogame term they buy "timed exclusives".
Good to know! Thanks!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Rifftrax is having what they're calling their biggest sale ever.

Spend this much--------------Save this much
Up to $10---------------------------------10%
$10-$20------------------------------------15%
$20-$50-------------------------------------20%
$50-$100----------------------------------- 25%
$100 or more------------------------------30%

Last edited:

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Recently rewatched season 11 on Netflix, and it's still really good. My complaint that the jokes come too fast and I can't tell who's who definitely doesn't matter anymore.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
The Rifftrax Kickstarter is up and they will be riffing the Space Mutiny and Krull this time around. Needless to say but I put my faith in Blast Hardcheese.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
They can't get the rights to Krull to release it as a VOD later. That's another movie I'll never see. I wish they would stop doing live shows for movies that they can't sell on the site later.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
They can't get the rights to Krull to release it as a VOD later. That's another movie I'll never see. I wish they would stop doing live shows for movies that they can't sell on the site later.
They are also releasing the MP3 version of Krull so you can do it that way. It is what I did with Starship Troopers and Godzilla when I had to miss them due to having night classes.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
They are also releasing the MP3 version of Krull so you can do it that way. It is what I did with Starship Troopers and Godzilla when I had to miss them due to having night classes.

Syncing seems like such a headache. I know I would have a hell of a time getting it synced right.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Refreshed classic episodes on netflix

Apparently the current list (according to a post on MST3K subreddit) is:

Time of The Apes

Fugitive Alien

The Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy

Devil Fish

First Spaceship on Venus

Gorgo

Racket Girls

The Girls In Love With Satan

Touch of Satan

City Limits

Beginning of The End

The Girl in The Gold Boots

The classic ones that are still there looks to be:

Manos

Catalina

Eegah

Hercules vs The Moon Men

Space Mutiny

Future War

Spider Island

Jack Frost

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Should we assume from the total radio silence from Joel that they're full into production on S12? There hasn't been an email update in almost 6 months.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Should we assume from the total radio silence from Joel that they're full into production on S12? There hasn't been an email update in almost 6 months.

Are we really expecting updates from him on season 12? I would assume the only reason we got updates last time was because of the Kickstarter. Now that the fans had nothing to do with this season, we may not get any news until the season is almost done.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Yea been wondering if 12 is in production yet.

Course most of the show is done in the writing room, actual filming and production was super short for 11

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been (slowly!) wading through the old stuff in the big pile o'episodes I got from the Kickstarter, and most recently I've watched Lost Continent - that's the film which spends a full 25 minutes or so painstakingly depicting people climbing a mountain.

I'm sure there was a much later episode (Mike/Pearl era) which had a similarly extensive sequence, but in this context it was a protracted sequence of people climbing down a hole. Can anyone recall which episode that was?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been (slowly!) wading through the old stuff in the big pile o'episodes I got from the Kickstarter, and most recently I've watched Lost Continent - that's the film which spends a full 25 minutes or so painstakingly depicting people climbing a mountain.

I'm sure there was a much later episode (Mike/Pearl era) which had a similarly extensive sequence, but in this context it was a protracted sequence of people climbing down a hole. Can anyone recall which episode that was?
Might be The Mole People.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
You can now pre-order season 11 on Rifftrax with each episode being $7.97 each ($9.97 in HD) or $99 for the whole season.

Edit: You can also save 10% off of all the MST3K episodes, even season 11, by using the code WATCHOUTFORSNAKES at checkout. It expires on April 21st.

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
You can now pre-order season 11 on Rifftrax with each episode being $7.97 each ($9.97 in HD) or $99 for the whole season.

Edit: You can also save 10% off of all the MST3K episodes, even season 11, by using the code WATCHOUTFORSNAKES at checkout. It expires on April 21st.

Does that work out as a year of Netflix exclusivity, pretty much? Might be useful to note for Season 12 and for non-backers in countries that don't get it on Netflix. Also, really encouraging to see that MST3k and Rifftrax are clearly working together.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Does that work out as a year of Netflix exclusivity, pretty much? Might be useful to note for Season 12 and for non-backers in countries that don't get it on Netflix. Also, really encouraging to see that MST3k and Rifftrax are clearly working together.
I believe so, though I don't know what kind of deal Joel has with Netflix. Also, MST3K and Rifftrax have been working together for awhile. They have been selling old episodes for a year or two and both Joel and Jonah were on the 20th anniversary live show that Rifftrax put on two years ago.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Also, MST3K and Rifftrax have been working together for awhile. They have been selling old episodes for a year or two and both Joel and Jonah were on the 20th anniversary live show that Rifftrax put on two years ago.
I know, it's just encouraging to see it apply to the new stuff as well. I wasn't actually expecting that! (Although that's more because I thought Netflix would hold onto it more tightly)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder whatever happened with the coffee table artbook form the Kickstarter. They said it would be out in early 2016. 2016 is half over and we haven't heard anything about it in a long time.