• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So there doesn't seem to be any topic except the announcement-thread from several months ago with just two replies. It doesn't look like there will be an OT as well. Interest in the game here on resetera seems very low, which is kinda sad.

Anyway, Mythgard launched into open beta today, there will be no more wipes and the game is available for everyone via Steam, Appstore and Google Play.

I already played the alpha and I highly recommend this to everyone who likes digital CCGs. The great thing about this game is that it's not your typical Magic: The Gathering / Hearthstone copycat. It sure lends elements from these and other card games but everything comes together brilliantly. I especially love the mana system which is a bit similar to Summoner Wars where you can burn cards instead of playing them to get mana. It's one of the best mana systems I came across. You can't really get mana screwed in this one and it gives you more options during your turns. Cards you can't play yet are still useful, which adds to the overall flow to the game. Units aren't static but can be moved around on your lanes which adds another tactical layer to unit management.

Another thing that I love about this game is the art style. I wouldn't call it "mature" but it's unique and dark, setting itself apart from all the overly cartoony entries in the genre. The game mixes everything from cyberpunk to robots, werewolves, vampires, anime ninja, yakuza, fairies, demons, ghosts, giant animals, valkyries and many more into one big consistent universe with fully zoomable cards. It sure comes down to taste if you like the art style but I think it's one of the best looking card games around with great thematic atmosphere.

Gamemodes are already plenty with a short campaign that serves as a tutorial, PVE, PVP, Drafts and puzzle mode. There is also a 2vs2 mode I think, but I didn't try that one yet.

The game is free to play with in-game microtransactions. You get your usual coins, dailies, challenges and level-ups to redeem packs with new cards. You can turn cards into dust to craft the ones you want and there are also wildcards. Hard to judge now, but so far it seems very fair.

For more impressions check out the official website with links to several communities: https://www.mythgardgame.com/

And here is the launch-trailer for some impressions on the looks of the game:

Oct 27, 2017
I like this game. It does feel like a magic fan variant tho, but it's a clone that is actually pretty compelling.

A lot to like here. People should check it out. It feels a little stingy starting out and cards are way over priced so hopefully they address that so the game gets beyond a beta.

Check in on this game if you get burnt out on HS/Magic Arena this month, which you will.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Been watching Jeff Hoogland play it in the last few days. Seems interesting and a mix between MTG and Hearthstone in some aspects, though I'm not a big fan of the design.

OP
OP
Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Been watching Jeff Hoogland play it in the last few days. Seems interesting and a mix between MTG and Hearthstone in some aspects, though I'm not a big fan of the design.
I think Eternal feels more like a mix between Hearthstone and Magic. Mythgard actually feels fresh to me. I love the lane- and mana-system and how you can move units around.

OP
OP
Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I have two treat codes zu share. They give a lot of stuff. 10 core packs, 2 powers, 2 paths, lots of wildcard from common to mythic. PM me if someone is interested.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
I will throw in my two codes too.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Still haven't gottena round playing this beyond the first few missions of the campaign.

Premise is interesting, but I'm 50/50 on the execution. Everything just feels a little bit off to really grab me.

Of course I haven't played an actual match yet. I hope I get around changing that this weekend.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I will throw in my two codes too.

[Hidden content]
[Hidden content]

Still haven't gottena round playing this beyond the first few missions of the campaign.

Premise is interesting, but I'm 50/50 on the execution. Everything just feels a little bit off to really grab me.

Of course I haven't played an actual match yet.
I think the worst thing about MG is that it feels maybe too "safe" design wise. Other than that it is very good and worth investigating IMO.

Also it could be less expensive, the value for packs seems way too low compared to the price for bundles in the shop. The f2p seems generous enough tho. A LOT of "legendaries" too, 99 unique mythics means you'll never pull what you want so you'll have to rely on crafting.